Charting cells with the same data in them to one chart bar

I have several cells that all have a "total" of 1 adn
like 5 with different totals, I want a way for the pie
chart (or what ever chart) to graph the totals and all
the ones with "1" to come up as 1 pie slice with all the
data listed.

20037	Washington		1
30013	Conyers		        1
30022	Alpharetta		1
30052	Loganville		1
30064	Marietta		1
30068	Marietta		1
30076	Roswell		        1
30084	Tucker			1
30088	Stone Mountain	        1
30092	Norcross		1
30108	Bowdon		        1
30168	Austell			1
30263	Newnan		        1
30306	Atlanta			1
30316	Atlanta			1
30318	Atlanta			1
30327	Atlanta			1
30329	Atlanta			1
30341	Atlanta			1
30345	Atlanta			1
33626	Tampa			1
35226	Birmingham		1
53202	Milwaukee		1
94526	Danville		1

0
anonymous (74720)

Do you mean you just want to show totals for each town? Put labels in
the row above the data, like "Zip", "City", and "No." Select the data,
and make a pivot table (Data Menu). Drag the City field to the Row area
and the No. field to the Data area. Excel automatically fills the data
column with Sum of No. The pivot table looks like this:

Sum of No
city         Total
Alpharetta     1
Atlanta        7
Austell        1
Birmingham     1
Bowdon         1
Conyers        1
Danville       1
Loganville     1
Marietta       2
Milwaukee      1
Newnan         1
Norcross       1
Roswell        1
Stone Mountain 1
Tampa          1
Tucker         1
Washington     1
Grand Total   24

Make a pivot chart, then use Chart Type from the Chart menu to turn it
into a Pie chart. Better yet, make a real chart: Select a cell away from
the pivot table and start the chart wizard. Choose a Pie in step 1, and
in step 2, click on the Series tab, and select the range with the city
names for X and the sums as Y.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Jason Spence wrote:

> I have several cells that all have a "total" of 1 adn
> like 5 with different totals, I want a way for the pie
> chart (or what ever chart) to graph the totals and all
> the ones with "1" to come up as 1 pie slice with all the
> data listed.
>
> 20037	Washington		1
> 30013	Conyers		        1
> 30022	Alpharetta		1
> 30052	Loganville		1
> 30064	Marietta		1
> 30068	Marietta		1
> 30076	Roswell		        1
> 30084	Tucker			1
> 30088	Stone Mountain	        1
> 30092	Norcross		1
> 30108	Bowdon		        1
> 30168	Austell			1
> 30263	Newnan		        1
> 30306	Atlanta			1
> 30316	Atlanta			1
> 30318	Atlanta			1
> 30327	Atlanta			1
> 30329	Atlanta			1
> 30341	Atlanta			1
> 30345	Atlanta			1
> 33626	Tampa			1
> 35226	Birmingham		1
> 53202	Milwaukee		1
> 94526	Danville		1

Legend on Chart

Demographic chart?

Excel 2007 Line Chart with Markers

Conditional formatting in a cell formula
I am constructing a workbook which will hold a full season's fixtures and results as the season progresses. As there are 16 teams in the competition, there are 8 lines per week's results (home team and away team per line). To simplify things, basically this is how each week will look: [Best viewed in a fixed pitch font] | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 A | Home Team 1 | Pts For | Pts Agst | Away Team 1 | Pts For | Pts Ag [....] H | Home Team 8 | Pts For | Pts Agst | Away Team 8 | Pts For | Pts Ag Using Format | Conditional Formatting, I have set th...

Charting/ Graph question

Data summary
I have a 13 sheet report with each line a different date and each column different data, I want to puul date specific data to a summary sheet using date entry on the summary sheet ie. 04/10/10 = 04/10/10 on each line of the data sheets and I want to pull the data from column A,B,F,G I hope I have explained this clearly ...

Debra Dalgleish-help with worksheet data entry
Hi Debra, I browsed your website and found this new data entry worksheet(http://contextures.com/xlForm02.html) which was very good and i showed my boss.He liked the idea of it and thus asked me to work on it.I managed to add a few more fields and it worked fine. I have a cell named "Documentation to support requirement" at B11 and its corresponding text box at D11.My problem now is that at D11, i need two kind of controls one is drop down list box for document type and another control is text box for document name.How do i achieve this? i need both of this control's answer to b...

Chart in Chart

How do I create a chart....

Format of data import from a database
I have a spreadsheet that has data imported from SQL Server or even MS Access that has dollar amount fields. The field is coming over as a text field and even if I format the cells as currency it won't apply the formatting until I actually double click in the cell and press enter. Is there a way to fix this for the entire spreadsheet so I don't have to click in each cell to force the formatting to work? This spreadsheet as over 1500 rows of data. I get this every time I export data from either SQL Server 2000 or Microsoft Access Database. Any help or information is greatly apprecia...

Chart items moving around

Missing one public folder for one user
Please enlighten me on this strange problem ... a user found she cannot see a particular public folder. Then it was realised that she was not given the access rights. Still she could not see the public folder, even after access rights is given. The we reinstall the outlook but still the same. The strange thing is when she logon with outlook on another pc, the folder is visible. What could be the reason ? a frustrated user has been waiting for many days... Thanks in advance. ...

sort FUNCTION SPLITS DATA INTO TWO GROUPS
I'm using Excel '97. I had two versions of a spreadsheet I was using, and copied several lines of data from one and pasted them into the other. Now, when I sort the larger of the two the data separates into two groups. The pasted data (or newly added data) sorts first, and then the original material sorts as a second group. I've tried reformatting the columns, etc. and an stumped. Any ideas? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Rick assuming the data you are sorting on is numeric, it sounds as though one set of data is truly numeric data and the other is see...

How To Chart A Formula in Excel 2007

y error bars
I have graphed some data where each data point is the average of 5 replicates. I did the statistics in a program other than Excel. In my Excel graph, under 'Format Data Series' I have never understood how to add y error bars. It seems to me the data set that generated the graph doesn't have enough information to do this. It doesn't know the value of each of the five replicates, just the average. What am I missing? Peggy - > I have graphed some data where each data point is the average of 5 > replicates. I did the statistics in a program other than Excel. In my ...

Merging cells not working.
Working with Excel 2003. Merging cells isn't working anymore. Don't know the English words for the buttons. Format/Cells..... qualities (Ctrl+1)/ tab page "Alignment", choose "align cells" then OK See http://www.flickr.com/photos/10646001@N08/3043812497/ How can i restore this merging function? Sorry abt my English it is ±53 ago i learned it at school. And now we have also new "PC-words"!! Piedro -- He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask is a fool forever. #Chinese proverb# How are you selecting that range (A1:D1)...

create chart from external application
Hi, I would like to know if this is possible.... I have an application that contains an hierarchical chart. I would like to export this data into a format that Visio can *understand*, and then import it into Visio and have it display in a hierarchical manner. Does any body know if this is possible to do. .....or, if there is another way of getting my data into Visio, can you please let me know. Thanks. Here is an article that describes how to automate the org chart wizard, and how to format your data: http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/2002/articles/spotlight5_July00.aspx Hope ...

select all non-blank cells from different workbook
hi again, I need a macro to select and copy all non-blank cells from Sheet1 FROM one workbook, then paste these cells into a different workbook, sheet2 at Cell A1. thanks much! Just to clarify, is the data in sheet1 in orderly manner and what do you mean about sheet2? How does the data need to be on the sheet2? Rgrds, Kristiina -- I help with Excel and PowerPoint Office ToDo http://www.officetodo.com ...

Cascading Combos in Data Access Page [DAP]
In DAP, can I have 1 control [courses] affect other 2 controls [course_date_1st_choice] and [course_date_2nd_choice]. I usually do this in Form by using Select Case but i need to know how i can manage to do it in DAP. Any help please? It's very complicated to do that in DAP. You should post in the official DAP newsgroup but this newsgroup is practically dead because very few people are still using them but Ken Snell is still often answering questions there. By looking at an old DAP file that I have here, I see that for doing this, I was storing the value of the combo...

print a chart over multiple pages
I am trying to stretch a chart over multiple pages, but i just can't get it to work. I have tried all i can think including attempting to print areas individually. Any ideas? i'm using excel 2003. Thanks Hi, If the chart is on a chart page, this will not work. If the chart is embedded on a sheet, and you select the chart, it will not work. What you need to do is embed the chart and then select the range "behind - under" the chart, then you can use all of the print options, thereby printing one chart across multiple pages. Cheers, Shane "OEB1527" <O...