Charting blanks as spaces

I know you can chart blank cells as spaces by clicking it in the
options...this is a little different.

The cell it is charting as an if function in it to display a blank cell.
example:

=if(D3="","",D5-D3)

So when D3 is blank it should display in cell D6 a blank. But when it charts
it, it charts it as a zero. I want it to chart it as a gap.

I tried =if(D3="",NA(),D5-D3), This way i get a "#N/A" error in my cell,
which i can hide through conditional formating. but when i click display>data
labels>values in chart options it displays "#N/A" instead of a gap.

I need to somehow display a gap.

Please help
0
Todd1369 (159)

something like =if(D3="",DISPLAY NULL VALUE,D5-D3)

what can i put in there to make it a null value

"Todd" wrote:

> I know you can chart blank cells as spaces by clicking it in the
> options...this is a little different.
>
> The cell it is charting as an if function in it to display a blank cell.
> example:
>
> =if(D3="","",D5-D3)
>
> So when D3 is blank it should display in cell D6 a blank. But when it charts
> it, it charts it as a zero. I want it to chart it as a gap.
>
> I tried =if(D3="",NA(),D5-D3), This way i get a "#N/A" error in my cell,
> which i can hide through conditional formating. but when i click display>data
> labels>values in chart options it displays "#N/A" instead of a gap.
>
> I need to somehow display a gap.
>
> Please help
0
Todd1369 (159)
6/30/2009 6:34:01 PM
Hi,

When I plot a chart with NA() and turn on Data Labels, everything looks good
here.  What version of Excel are you using?  I tried it in 2003 and 2007.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Todd" wrote:

> I know you can chart blank cells as spaces by clicking it in the
> options...this is a little different.
>
> The cell it is charting as an if function in it to display a blank cell.
> example:
>
> =if(D3="","",D5-D3)
>
> So when D3 is blank it should display in cell D6 a blank. But when it charts
> it, it charts it as a zero. I want it to chart it as a gap.
>
> I tried =if(D3="",NA(),D5-D3), This way i get a "#N/A" error in my cell,
> which i can hide through conditional formating. but when i click display>data
> labels>values in chart options it displays "#N/A" instead of a gap.
>
> I need to somehow display a gap.
>
> Please help

Legend on Chart

Convert to Case
Hello, On one of our client's CRM systems, when we use "Convert to Case" from an activity, the customer field is blank, even if the email/phone call was already regarding to a client. On our development system, this field is already filled with the previous regarding account/contact, when we convert it, which saves some time. Did someone has this issue? I have System Administrator role on both systems, so privileges are not the problem. Thank you a lot for any help. Best Regards, -- Alexandra ...

Demographic chart?

Excel 2007 Line Chart with Markers

Charting/ Graph question

Chart in Chart

How do I create a chart....

Chart items moving around

Compuserve and Oulook replies blanked out
I use compuserve as my mail server. Up until now it worked well with Outlook. Since last week, I cannot see replies in my emails in Oulook, but they come fine at Compuserve. Replies start with my own email, but the one from the replier is blenked out. I wanted to know if anybody had a clue. My own email is germanaltgelt@cs.com Thank you German is it all messages or just some messages? What email program are your correspondents using? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlo...

How To Chart A Formula in Excel 2007

select all non-blank cells from different workbook
hi again, I need a macro to select and copy all non-blank cells from Sheet1 FROM one workbook, then paste these cells into a different workbook, sheet2 at Cell A1. thanks much! Just to clarify, is the data in sheet1 in orderly manner and what do you mean about sheet2? How does the data need to be on the sheet2? Rgrds, Kristiina -- I help with Excel and PowerPoint Office ToDo http://www.officetodo.com ...

create chart from external application
Hi, I would like to know if this is possible.... I have an application that contains an hierarchical chart. I would like to export this data into a format that Visio can *understand*, and then import it into Visio and have it display in a hierarchical manner. Does any body know if this is possible to do. .....or, if there is another way of getting my data into Visio, can you please let me know. Thanks. Here is an article that describes how to automate the org chart wizard, and how to format your data: http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/2002/articles/spotlight5_July00.aspx Hope ...

print a chart over multiple pages
I am trying to stretch a chart over multiple pages, but i just can't get it to work. I have tried all i can think including attempting to print areas individually. Any ideas? i'm using excel 2003. Thanks Hi, If the chart is on a chart page, this will not work. If the chart is embedded on a sheet, and you select the chart, it will not work. What you need to do is embed the chart and then select the range "behind - under" the chart, then you can use all of the print options, thereby printing one chart across multiple pages. Cheers, Shane "OEB1527" <O...

Embed Chart
Is it possible to link a chart into my current worksheet like an embedded chart (or something)? Thanx. Brian - I'm not sure what you're asking. If you copy a chart from one workbook (or worksheet) and paste it into another, it will retain its links to the original source of its data. You can change its source data (to its new parent worksheet) using Source Data from the Chart menu. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/index.html _______ briank wrote: > Is it possible to link a chart into my current worksheet > like an...

Names on a Bubble Chart
Hi There, I am wondering on how I can put the "names" on my bubbles...? I've the following data where I would like to make a bubble chart with ... The bubble chart in itself works fine, I just do not manage to get the corresponding name (Product1, 2,...) on each bubble: NS AGP Growth Product1 9,052,494 22 (31) Product2 1,574,341 32 (25) Product3 1,759,511 3 (45) Product4 1,539,132 13 (69) Any thoughts? Jen ...

Using a Space in Webbrowser Control
Hello: As usual, I've run into a problem with something that is probably so simple... any help is appreciated. I'm using the webbrowser control with the navigate method. The url I'm using needs a space (which I know is not normally allowed, but it works directly in firefox and IE). Here's some sample code: ------------------------------------ strWebPage = "http://www.imdb.com" &" ?" & Text2.Text txtURL.Text = strWebPage Web1.Navigate txtURL.Text Do While Web1.ReadyState <> READYSTATE_COMPLETE DoEvents Loop DoEven...

A Chart in a Chart ?
Is it possible to create a chart within another chart? If not - Is it possible to view a chart within another chart? Jim -- jamesasmithsr ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jamesasmithsr's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24101 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=377093 you can save a chart inside a second chart. Make the first chart and have it on its own sheet make the second chart and set its location as an object in the first chart sheet "jamesasmithsr" wrot...

Excel Chart Source Data
Is it possible to update Excel Chart Source Data for Multiple Chart where the ranges are exactly the same? We have a large workbook containing 25 worksheets with charts that ar linked to another Master Workbook. The charts display data for a rolling 12 month timescale and so th source data needs to be manually updated each month to reflect th current rolling 12 month timescale e.g May 2003 to April 2004 cell range A1:Z1 would need to be updated t reflect June 2003 to May 2004 to B1:AA1 There are 100 charts so manually updating the Source Data is tim consuming-as the cell references are the ...

Ignoring Blank/Empty Cells that contain formulas
I have a column row of formula's that take data from another worksheet, when there is an error in the original data it leaves the cell blank. Formula =IF(ISERR('JAN 2005'!Y55),"",'JAN 2005'!Y55) My problem is that there is a graph generated from this column and it treats all the blank cells as zero, this messes up the graph and shows it dropping to zero. (The errors alway happen at the end of the data) Is there a way to get the graph to ignore the zero figures or rebuild the formula to show the cell as truly blank? Regards Paul Change the formula to ...

Refreshing Chart
Hi I am using VBA code in Access to send revenue figures per month for th year to Excel there is a chart which shows this information already i Excel which just updates when the new information is sent. There i also calculated fields in Excel which calculate the revenue by quarte this is also graphed. The problem is that although the quarterly data updates when ne information is sent, the graph which plots it does not. I have trie the .refresh command on the chart but this does nothing. Can anyone suggest anything ? Cheers Bria ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Messag...