Charting a table

I have a bar chart and a pie chart as objects occupying a dedicated chart
worksheet,  and I would like to add a small table to complete my
presentation on a single page. I first started by saving the small table as
a gif file, but I am not sure whether it can be successfully imported into
the chart worksheet or not.  Any ideas for how to proceed?  Thanks in
advance.  Brad

0
lreid (55)

On the chart sheet, choose Insert>Picture>From File, and insert the file
you saved.

Or, you can copy and paste worksheet cells onto the chart as a picture:

Select the table on the worksheet
Choose Edit>Copy
Select the Chart sheet
Hold the Shift key, and choose Edit>Paste Picture

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)
10/2/2004 9:52:43 PM
Brad -

Use the Picture option instead of Bitmap. If you need to resize the table, you will
likely get an annoying pixelation effect with the Bitmap.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Debra Dalgleish wrote:

> On the chart sheet, choose Insert>Picture>From File, and insert the file
> you saved.
>
> Or, you can copy and paste worksheet cells onto the chart as a picture:
>
> Select the table on the worksheet
> Choose Edit>Copy
> Select the Chart sheet
> Hold the Shift key, and choose Edit>Paste Picture
>
> Brad wrote:
>
>> I have a bar chart and a pie chart as objects occupying a dedicated
>> chart worksheet,  and I would like to add a small table to complete my
>> presentation on a single page. I first started by saving the small
>> table as a gif file, but I am not sure whether it can be successfully
>> imported into the chart worksheet or not.  Any ideas for how to
>> proceed?  Thanks in advance.  Brad

Thanks Debra and Jon,

Yes, I successfully placed the little table inside the chart with your
advice and, yes, I see the pixelation you mention Jon.  So, I'll make the
adjustment over to "picture" from the bitmap.  Brad

"Jon Peltier" <DOjonNOTxlmvp@SPAMpeltiertechME.com> wrote in message
> Brad -
>
> Use the Picture option instead of Bitmap. If you need to resize the table,
> you will likely get an annoying pixelation effect with the Bitmap.
>
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> Peltier Technical Services
> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
> http://PeltierTech.com/
> _______
>
> Debra Dalgleish wrote:
>
>> On the chart sheet, choose Insert>Picture>From File, and insert the file
>> you saved.
>>
>> Or, you can copy and paste worksheet cells onto the chart as a picture:
>>
>> Select the table on the worksheet
>> Choose Edit>Copy
>> Select the Chart sheet
>> Hold the Shift key, and choose Edit>Paste Picture
>>
>> Brad wrote:
>>
>>> I have a bar chart and a pie chart as objects occupying a dedicated
>>> chart worksheet,  and I would like to add a small table to complete my
>>> presentation on a single page. I first started by saving the small table
>>> as a gif file, but I am not sure whether it can be successfully imported
>>> into the chart worksheet or not.  Any ideas for how to proceed?  Thanks
>>> in advance.  Brad

0
lreid (55)

Legend on Chart

Pivot Table Not Refreshing Properly?
After creating a PivotTable, I discovered that there were several errors in the underlying data which caused improper values to show up in the PivotTable field drop-down lists. I have since re-generated the underlying data and replaced it in the Excel workbook. However, upon "refreshing" the PivotTable against the new data, I find that the 'improper values' still show up in the drop-down lists despite the fact that they no longer exist in the data! How can I remove the bad values from the drop-down lists without entirely rebuilding the PivotTable? Thank you for any help! ...

Demographic chart?

Excel 2007 Line Chart with Markers

Charting/ Graph question

Table with FIFO Balances
Can anyone tell me which table holds FIFO balances in it? Thanks, Jocelyn Jocelyn, IV00102 has the quantities but I suspect your looking for IV10200 which has the history and the current FIFO layers. More info here: http://msdynamicsgp.blogspot.com/2007/09/weekly-dynamic-inventory-value-via-sql.html Mark (DynamicAccounting.net) http://www.dynamicaccounting.net On Oct 1, 3:44 pm, Jocelyn <Joce...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Can anyone tell me which table holds FIFO balances in it? > > Thanks, > Jocelyn ...

Chart in Chart

How do I create a chart....

Chart items moving around

Default pivot table function
Is there any way of having the default pivot table function come up as SUM rather than COUNT? I use them a lot, and it gets annoying to have to change it 99% of the time! TIA Hi AFAIK you can't change this -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Mike Boardman wrote: > Is there any way of having the default pivot table function come up > as SUM rather than COUNT? > > I use them a lot, and it gets annoying to have to change it 99% of > the time! > > TIA Frank Thanks for that - I had a horrible feeling it might not be the case! It does rather beg the quest...

How To Chart A Formula in Excel 2007

create chart from external application
Hi, I would like to know if this is possible.... I have an application that contains an hierarchical chart. I would like to export this data into a format that Visio can *understand*, and then import it into Visio and have it display in a hierarchical manner. Does any body know if this is possible to do. .....or, if there is another way of getting my data into Visio, can you please let me know. Thanks. Here is an article that describes how to automate the org chart wizard, and how to format your data: http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/2002/articles/spotlight5_July00.aspx Hope ...

print a chart over multiple pages
I am trying to stretch a chart over multiple pages, but i just can't get it to work. I have tried all i can think including attempting to print areas individually. Any ideas? i'm using excel 2003. Thanks Hi, If the chart is on a chart page, this will not work. If the chart is embedded on a sheet, and you select the chart, it will not work. What you need to do is embed the chart and then select the range "behind - under" the chart, then you can use all of the print options, thereby printing one chart across multiple pages. Cheers, Shane "OEB1527" <O...

Embed Chart
Is it possible to link a chart into my current worksheet like an embedded chart (or something)? Thanx. Brian - I'm not sure what you're asking. If you copy a chart from one workbook (or worksheet) and paste it into another, it will retain its links to the original source of its data. You can change its source data (to its new parent worksheet) using Source Data from the Chart menu. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/index.html _______ briank wrote: > Is it possible to link a chart into my current worksheet > like an...

Names on a Bubble Chart
Hi There, I am wondering on how I can put the "names" on my bubbles...? I've the following data where I would like to make a bubble chart with ... The bubble chart in itself works fine, I just do not manage to get the corresponding name (Product1, 2,...) on each bubble: NS AGP Growth Product1 9,052,494 22 (31) Product2 1,574,341 32 (25) Product3 1,759,511 3 (45) Product4 1,539,132 13 (69) Any thoughts? Jen ...

Function or insert/into temp table
I have rewritten a function that calls a function recusively that passes back a table from a stored procedure. It now seems that I have to call that procedure over and over from another list that I get from a common table expression. Something like: with MyCTE as { .... } INSERT INTO #Temp SELECT Account FROM MyCTE Read through #Temp and execute the stored procedure for each row. Is there a way to do this without a cursor? Thanks, Tom "tshad" <t@dslextreme.com> wrote in message news:%23qfThagyKHA.244@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I have re...

A Chart in a Chart ?
Is it possible to create a chart within another chart? If not - Is it possible to view a chart within another chart? Jim -- jamesasmithsr ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jamesasmithsr's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24101 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=377093 you can save a chart inside a second chart. Make the first chart and have it on its own sheet make the second chart and set its location as an object in the first chart sheet "jamesasmithsr" wrot...

how do I design a data input form for a database with many table
I need information or direction to a source of information on preparing a data input form for a database with several tables. On Wed, 23 May 2007 12:30:01 -0700, Desmond <Desmond@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need information or direction to a source of information on preparing a >data input form for a database with several tables. Typically one would use a Form for the "one" side of a relationship, with one or more Subforms for the related tables. For a more detailed answer, please feel free to post a more detailed question. John W. Vinson [MVP...

Excel Chart Source Data
Is it possible to update Excel Chart Source Data for Multiple Chart where the ranges are exactly the same? We have a large workbook containing 25 worksheets with charts that ar linked to another Master Workbook. The charts display data for a rolling 12 month timescale and so th source data needs to be manually updated each month to reflect th current rolling 12 month timescale e.g May 2003 to April 2004 cell range A1:Z1 would need to be updated t reflect June 2003 to May 2004 to B1:AA1 There are 100 charts so manually updating the Source Data is tim consuming-as the cell references are the ...

Refreshing Chart
Hi I am using VBA code in Access to send revenue figures per month for th year to Excel there is a chart which shows this information already i Excel which just updates when the new information is sent. There i also calculated fields in Excel which calculate the revenue by quarte this is also graphed. The problem is that although the quarterly data updates when ne information is sent, the graph which plots it does not. I have trie the .refresh command on the chart but this does nothing. Can anyone suggest anything ? Cheers Bria ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Messag...