Charting a .csv file in excel 2003

I am trying to chart two columns from a .csv file.  In the Chart Wizard.
When it gets to the Data Range, the field is blank.  So I high lite the two
columns again, and try to hit next button.  Microsoft excel says, "A formula
in this worksheet contains one or more invalid references. Verify that
formulas contain a valid path, workbook, range name, and cell reference.   It
won't chart my data.  What should I do?  Is it 2003 excel fault?
If I try to chart a .xml file with the same steps and it works.  Also out of
the high lited columns; Data Range field is already filled in correctly with
columns check marked.  And then it charts for me!  Does excel 2003 chart .csv
files?
0
gford (5)

excel macros truncating tabs for hidden columns.
Hi, I have written VBA macros in Excel 2003 to generate a tab delimited text file.I have some hidden columns as well and the file is being generated fine with extra tabs for the hidden columns.Howvever for line numbers >= 1985 the hidden columns are being truncated as in these extra tabs are not being generated. i process the file in my VB 6.0 application wherein i check the number of tab delimited columns that are being generated. for line number>= 1985, the application gives me an error :"Invalid file format". What is it that i am missing here!!! ...

various excel problems
I have a friend who has some problems with her Excel. Here are a few of them. We would appreciate any help we can get: 1. The columns are labelled 1, 2, 3, etc. rather than A, B, C, etc. How can she change the columns to letters? 2. When she hits the page down key on her computer the excel spreadsheet goes down one line not the equivalent of a page. How can she fix this? 3. When she wants to sum a set of numbers in a column, she can only sum cells which numbers in them. That is, when she comes to a blank cell the summing ends. How can she change her settings so that she can sum an entire colu...

Playing a video in Excel 2003
Hi, Is it possible to embed a video (wmv file) into an excel worksheet? If so, how do I go about this? I want to control the payback of the video too (only really need start and stop). Many thanks, Matt ...

sbs 2003 exchange
im trying to setup outlook web access but having issues. I ran the configure internet wizard thing and checked the boxes for outlook web and such for access but when i go to http:\\servername.domainname.com\exchange or domainname.com\exchange my hosting company pops up and says domain is parked. what am i doing wrong? Thanks Joe You need to use your internal server name. Once it is working, you need your ISP to set up an A record to your Exchange server. "Johnny Dagger" <JohnnyDagger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:984E6032-7701-4B44-9684-4A90FE8A79B...

Can't find Windows Server 2003 Dutch MUI Pack for x64 Editions
I am looking for the Dutch (NL) MUI pack for a windows 2003 server R2 Sp2 64 bit version. Does anyone know where i can get this, and if it's available from the microsoft licensing site? We are only able to find the X86 version of the MUI pack. ...

Excel in a Tablet Question
A friend has a tablet with excel on it. He is able to draw object in excel. I wanted to used the macro recorder to record the steps he used, and it doesn't record any hand drawn operations such as drawing circles, lines, arcs. Does any one know I we can record those operations??? That would help me in writing VBA code to check the objects color and determine if it needs to be visible or invisible. Thanks, Gary You can record the selection of the completed object (Oval 5 here), and the setting of it's properties, as: Sub CheckShape() ActiveSheet.Shapes("Oval 5"...

Auto macro in Excel help
Hi all, I have a workbook with multiple sheets. I want the sheet 1 always to display first and is there a method to display the current user name which updates it self automatically when different users use the book when its on a share - I'm thinking of setting up a log. I've done the following as a test but its not really what I want - ideally there would be a text box that auto changes without it having to be clicked. Sub logontest() Worksheets("Frontscreen").Activate Dim x Set x = CreateObject("WSCRIPT.Network") Dim u u = x.UserName 'up...

Sending "Read Receipt" problem (Outlook 2003)
Hello, I am having problems sending a "read receipt" when one is requested. In "Tools" -> "Options" -> "Tracking Options" I use "Ask me before sending a response" When a person asks for a "read receipt" I can accept or decline, but when I allow a read receipt to be sent I do not find it in the "Sent" folder. And subsequently the person is not receiving it. I also observed that once I accepted to send a receipt, one of my other accounts (not default) and not the one I received the email "To" is trying to se...

Template Wizard and Excel versions
I hope I posted this in the correct place... I created a form with Template Wizard using Excel 2000; whenever you change certain pieces of data in this worksheet, it automatically adds a record to another worksheet saved elsewhere. I have gotten it to work on my computer (which uses Excel 2000); when I save the template to the appropriate place on my boss's computer (using the network), and use my computer to run it, it also works correctly. However, when I try to use the template with my boss's Excel 97, it doesn't update the database worksheet at all. (I just tried i...

Pie-of-pie chart issue
I've used some pie-of-pie charts and would find it helpful if the sub-pie would start from 12 o'clock each time but it seems to start from a random spot in all cases. Is there a work round for this? Thanks guys, Lee Hi, There does not appear to be a way to control the angle. It is not random though, the angle of the first slice in the second pie matches that of the lower part of the Others category. If you want complete control you would need to overlay 2 charts in order to mimic the pie of pie chart. This may help with that. http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticl...

how to delete source file?
An excel spreadsheet links to another excel file. However Iwant to remove this link completely since the file does not exist anymore. How do I remove it? I know that by going into the spread sheet and doing a find ! I get all the cells that call to this external file. If I delete them all (and there are lots) will I still get the prompt when opening the spreadsheet that it can't find this source File? How shall I best handle this situation? Can I simply remove the source link somehow? I don't get that option (rather, open source, change source). TIA, Brad Try this, Brad: ht...

MS Publisher 2000 saving a ps file to Corel
I saved ("save as) my MS Publisher 2000 file as a postscript (.ps). In Windows XP Explorer, the file shows as a Corel Draw Essentials 9.0 file with the Corel icon (when I expected to see a .ps file). I cannot open the file in either Corel or Publisher. I have tried saving with my HP printer (postscript) and MS Publisher Imagesetter as the printer--neither gives me the desired .ps file. There are Corel Draw objects in my Publisher file, but I've used this file many times in my old Windows 98 environment (with Publsiher 2000 and Corel Essentials 9.0) with no problems. Does anyone know h...

Access X Excel
If any one know web pages or information comparing between access and Excel (data base ) Please tell me Because many people ask me many time I can do data base in Excel and I don't know how to advice him to move to access Thank you Excel is a spreadsheet, Access is a database. If a person does not know the difference between the two, there is little hope for them. Advise them to read a book on software development. -Dorian "a" wrote: > If any one know web pages or information comparing between access and Excel > (data base ) > > Please tell me > &g...

Excel 2003 to 95 File format conversion
I've donated my old computer and software to a non-profit and need to convert files down from Excel 2003 to Excel 95. My HELP file refers to a "Microsoft Excel 97-2003 & 5.0/95 Workbook format" but I haven't been able to find it. Has it been discontinued? Hi, Judith. First, I don't recommend saving in multiple formats if they won't need them because it just makes the file bigger. I have Excel 2003 and Excel 5.0/95 and the one you mention are both available from the Files of type dropdown. Perhaps you didn't do a complete installation of Excel/Office? ***...

error in excel #4
error in excell. compile error in hidden module:Eventclassmodule. the problem persist with new isntalation. some solution? thanks Hi have you tried to remove/deactivate all installed add-ins -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany temprano wrote: > error in excell. > compile error in hidden module:Eventclassmodule. > the problem persist with new isntalation. > some solution? > thanks Chip Pearson has some nice notes that can help you find the problem workbook at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/StartupErrors.htm Essentially, you're going to move stuff out of your XLSt...

publisher 2003 #11
i'm using the catalog merge feature and publisher create an "area will repeat 4 down by 1 across", which is exactly what i want, but i am unable to get a blank line between the 4 down by 1 across. how do you had spacing between each entry? thanks adjust these things before doing the merge. you can resize and reposition the boxes. "griffin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:85238818-794A-4F44-BB24-A72AD6CD91C6@microsoft.com... > i'm using the catalog merge feature and publisher create an "area will repeat 4 down by 1 acro...

Chart
Chart - Title Widths Does anyone know how to find the width of a title/axis title? ...

Stacked bar chart with totals
Hi everyone, I have a stacked bar chart with 8 items associated with the stacked chart. What I want is, is there a way to get the total amount for each stack and display it at the top of each bar? Like a regular bar chart does. This would be awesome if someone has some sample code or a add-in! Thanks! From another thread - Jon wrote "Make another series that represents the totals you want to display. Add this data to the chart as a new series. At first this series will appear as a new column stacked on the rest. Select it, go to Chart menu > Chart Type, and select a Line chart...

export from Access to Excel has created problems with
I am a new user with vision impairment, so it is extremely likely that I missed the help that has already been offered. For that I apologize and thank you for your input. I was working on a database in Access, but was having a problem because of my vision. It was suggested that I would have better luck working in Excel and since I have worked with it before I decided to try. I exported my worksheet to Excel but when I openned it in Excel I immediately noticed something was very different. It is as though every cell has been "formatted as a mini document, complete ith "wrap ...

how do i find data in multiple sheets in excel
I am trying to find data that could be on any of the sheets in my excel work book is there a way of searchind all sheets at once? From the Edit menu, choose "Find", click the "Options>>" button to extend the dialogbox to show the advanced options. In the "Within" dropdown list, choose "Workbook". Regards, Edwin Tam edwintam@vonixx.com http://www.vonixx.com "Karline" wrote: > I am trying to find data that could be on any of the sheets in my excel work > book is there a way of searchind all sheets at once? Edwin's resp...

Outlook 2003 mailbox sharing
I shared my entire mailbox including subfolders with 2 colleagues as an interim before getting a joint email account. Now I have the joint account, I want to revoke sharing permission for my mailbox. I can't seem to reverse the process I did to share it as right-clicking the mailbox, inbox or any subfolder, and selecting Properties or Sharing... brings up dialogues which lack the tick-list of share-ees! How do I access the list of colleagues and demote them from their current access privileges? ...

Office 97 and Exchange 2003
Will Office 97 be able to connect to an Exchange 2003 server? Thanks No, but Outlook 97 will. On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 15:41:38 -0700, "Need Help" <needhelp@address.com> wrote: >Will Office 97 be able to connect to an Exchange 2003 server? > >Thanks > ...

excel LOOKUP( ) error #2
=LOOKUP(AG5,'Regular Invoices'!A:A,'Regular Invoices'!E:E) AG 'Regular Invoice' 'Regular Invoices' A E 041000-1 041000-1 SEIU 041000-2 041000-2 WP 041001-1 041001-1 SEIU Regular Invoices is a data input worksheet where column A is the invoice number and column E is the client code column AG comes from a formula worksheet. rather than crowding report work...

Looking to do a random sort of records in an excel file
I have an excel file with records in it. At any given time I can hav any number of records in the file. I would like to do a random sort o those records putting the results in another sheet within the sam excel spreadsheet. It would be nice if the output had a column wit the ranking of each record in it. It can't be anything too complicated or something I have to change eac time I want to do a different group of records. There can be as man as 200 and as few as 5 records in a file -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com jenstyr You could put =RAND() in a helper column and ...

I can't get Publisher 2003 to make a PDF using Acrobat 6.0 standa.
I can't get Publisher 2003 to make a PDF using Acrobat 6.0 standard. Acrobat gives me an error. I tried to print to a file, which worked, but then Acrobat won' topen the file so I can make the PDF. Help! Heather <Heather @discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I can't get Publisher 2003 to make a PDF using Acrobat 6.0 standard. > Acrobat gives me an error. What's the error? Btw, make sure you disable "Do not send fonts to "Adobe PDF"" in the Adobe PDF options dialog. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher I...