Chart tabs changing by themself

I have an Excel 2007 spreadheet (.xlsx) file with about 40 charts all in
their own sheets.

Every one of those sheets used to have their own descriptive tab name. Excel
does not seem to like that, however, as sometimes after closing, it just
deletes all of my tab names replacing them with a generic Chart3, Chart4,
Chart 5 etc.

This is highly frustrating of course. I once edited every one of those tab
names back to their original names, wasting a lot of my time in the process,
hoping it would not happen again. Alas, it sporadically happens again and
again...

Any ideas/solutions please let me know.

Keep a back up with the descriptive names saved off?

Please hit yes if my comments have helped.

Thanks.

"Elardus" wrote:

> I have an Excel 2007 spreadheet (.xlsx) file with about 40 charts all in
> their own sheets.
>
> Every one of those sheets used to have their own descriptive tab name. Excel
> does not seem to like that, however, as sometimes after closing, it just
> deletes all of my tab names replacing them with a generic Chart3, Chart4,
> Chart 5 etc.
>
> This is highly frustrating of course. I once edited every one of those tab
> names back to their original names, wasting a lot of my time in the process,
> hoping it would not happen again. Alas, it sporadically happens again and
> again...
>
> Any ideas/solutions please let me know.
Any hidden macros causing mischief in the background?
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Elardus" wrote:

> I have an Excel 2007 spreadheet (.xlsx) file with about 40 charts all in
> their own sheets.
>
> Every one of those sheets used to have their own descriptive tab name. Excel
> does not seem to like that, however, as sometimes after closing, it just
> deletes all of my tab names replacing them with a generic Chart3, Chart4,
> Chart 5 etc.
>
> This is highly frustrating of course. I once edited every one of those tab
> names back to their original names, wasting a lot of my time in the process,
> hoping it would not happen again. Alas, it sporadically happens again and
> again...
>
> Any ideas/solutions please let me know.
I've also experienced the same error - any solution as yet?  It seems random
as to why it occurs.
I also have this problem and have been looking for a solution for a few months.

-There are no macros running in this workbook or any other open books.
-The charts will change to Chart 1, Chart 2... Chart 10 and then when saved,
the next time they open starting at Chart 11, Chart 12... Chart 20.
-It seems to be worse when i have other workbooks open. I have tried
avoiding duplicate chart and sheet names across workbooks.
-I have tried turning off add-ins but this did not help.

Can someone at Microsoft please respond?

Legend on Chart

Change resolution
I want to start coding a game in MFC, so I want to make my Window maximized, and I want to be able to change resolution. The problem is that I don't know how to change the resolution. Can somebody help me with that. Thank you in advance! Change resolution to 800x600 HDC hdc = GetDC(NULL); // Screen DC used to get // current display // settings DEVMODE DisplayMode; ZeroMemory(&DisplayMode, sizeof(DEVMODE)); DisplayMode.dmSize = sizeof(DEVMODE); DisplayMode.dmDriverExtra = 0; DisplayM...

More Underwriting Changes
Last week, I read a national newspaper article about the pressure that was put on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to return to their senses and undo the damage that was caused by their incredibly conservative conventional loan guidelines. As of March 31st, the NEW AND IMPROVED Fannie Mae mentality will sweep the nation. These are just a few of the highlights: 1. GOOD. SELF-EMPLOYMENT. For years, hitting the "self-employed" tab on the Fannie Mae Desktop Underwriting System always produced a more difficult loan approval. The new computer matrix will not unfairly scrutinize th...

Demographic chart?

Publisher-How do I change calendars 04 to 05 without losing data?
I have a current document 12 calendars with data in each day. I am trying to change the calendars from 04 to 05 with losing the existing data. Is there a way the data can stay in the same spot and the dates change. I also want to keep the same layout I currently have. I have tried using calendar options but cannot get it to work. Any help would be appreciated. Manually... You can try this, Expand your existing calendar by 12 months. On the toolbar, edit, office clipboard, this will give you 24 copied items you can collect. Copy your data, go to the next year, place your cursor where you...

Excel 2007 Line Chart with Markers

How do I change the font on my Referenced Captions all at once
I have a large document that I have inserted reference Captions, Figures throughout the document. I want to change the font and format throughout the entire document and would like to do it all at once. Anyone know how? If you are saying that you want to modify the appearance of the captions, just modify the Caption style. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Denise Fields" <Denise Fields@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D3039A0C-7C8D-4C45-A849-1D2734BC40D5@microsoft.com... >I have a large document that I have inserted reference Capti...

Charting/ Graph question

Chart in Chart

How do I create a chart....

A way to check who made a change to item
Is there a way to check who made a change to an item? I know how to check who made a change to inventory #s, but is there a way to see an item history for the item's information (ie changes made to price, description, ext description etc.)? No, there's no audit trail for property changes. -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all can share the information "The Comedian" <TheComedia...

Chart items moving around

Media player changes Wave volume control
I am using Windows XP and every time I play a video in Windows Media Player, it changes Wave Volume Control, not the main volume, wave volume. At first I could not figure out why the volume on my computer was so low even when the main volume was set high. Not until I double clicked on speaker icon on taskbar, I noticed wave volume was very low. Every time I play a movie, wave volume gets changed back to very low. I could understand it adjusting main volume for loud movies, but why wave, not main volume? How do I prevent Media Player from changing it? And Windows Media Player is the only one th...

Track Changes Query
Hi I wonder if someone could help me please with a problem that's been baffling for a few weeks now. I am trying to create a query, which in turn feeds a report, that shows tracked changes. I have previously posted on this forum and got some great advice that's really helped me along but I'm really struggling with the query to extract the data. I am relatively new to Access in particular VBA but I am willing to learn. What I would like to do is to use a date parameter to extract those fields with an updated time stamp within a given time period, which in turn I can sho...

How To Chart A Formula in Excel 2007

create chart from external application
Hi, I would like to know if this is possible.... I have an application that contains an hierarchical chart. I would like to export this data into a format that Visio can *understand*, and then import it into Visio and have it display in a hierarchical manner. Does any body know if this is possible to do. .....or, if there is another way of getting my data into Visio, can you please let me know. Thanks. Here is an article that describes how to automate the org chart wizard, and how to format your data: http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/2002/articles/spotlight5_July00.aspx Hope ...

print a chart over multiple pages
I am trying to stretch a chart over multiple pages, but i just can't get it to work. I have tried all i can think including attempting to print areas individually. Any ideas? i'm using excel 2003. Thanks Hi, If the chart is on a chart page, this will not work. If the chart is embedded on a sheet, and you select the chart, it will not work. What you need to do is embed the chart and then select the range "behind - under" the chart, then you can use all of the print options, thereby printing one chart across multiple pages. Cheers, Shane "OEB1527" <O...

my column headers has changed to numeric from alphabetcal order
I have come across strange problem ..my column names has chnaged to numeric from alphabet and now none of my formulaes work as all the cell names show up as R1C1 , R1C2 and so on... Anyone knows what have i messed up ??? Tools > Options > General, uncheck R1C1 style. (This is a workbook setting that overrides the application settings. So you may have opened a workbook using this style.) HTH. Best wishes Harald "Annie" <Annie@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:A35509AB-212A-494D-9213-460539DB4FD3@microsoft.com... > I have come across strange proble...

Embed Chart
Is it possible to link a chart into my current worksheet like an embedded chart (or something)? Thanx. Brian - I'm not sure what you're asking. If you copy a chart from one workbook (or worksheet) and paste it into another, it will retain its links to the original source of its data. You can change its source data (to its new parent worksheet) using Source Data from the Chart menu. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/index.html _______ briank wrote: > Is it possible to link a chart into my current worksheet > like an...

Edit Tabbed Forms
I made a database, and a form to enter info into the datatbase. The form has 2 tabs, but both tabs enter info in the same table. The problem is that when I go to open the form, it opens to the next entry, but the bottom record counter is at 1. I can't go back and edit past records. The report and the table shows all the records, but the form doesnt. Anyone know why? "Kevin" <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5F4D69AD-19B4-480A-A26E-1D6EA25372CA@microsoft.com... >I made a database, and a form to enter info into the datatbase. The form >has...