Chart question

I am trying to make a chart that shows 2009 numbers versus 2008 numbers and
here is my issue: I have 4 cities Chicago(A1), Dallas(A2), Detroit(A3), and
Los Angeles(A4) that I have for 2008 and 2009 but I added 2 cities for 2009.
Is there a way to do a vlookup to pull the data for the chart or do I have to
set up the data sheets the same way...I tried to make this short so sorry if
its not enough info, just let me know if I can clear something up.

Thanks in advance

You should put your new cities in A5 and A6  (just their names --- <grin>)
In B5 and B6 enter =NA() which will display as #N/A and be ignored by the
charting engine
In C5:C6 you could type new data or use any formula you like to extract it
from elsewhere on the same or another workbook.
Unless you arrange to make the chart automatically extend: click the chart
area and drag the range finders in A1:C4 down to row 6 to 'capture' the new
data into the chart.
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Confusicous" <Confusicous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to make a chart that shows 2009 numbers versus 2008 numbers
> and
> here is my issue: I have 4 cities Chicago(A1), Dallas(A2), Detroit(A3),
> and
> Los Angeles(A4) that I have for 2008 and 2009 but I added 2 cities for
> 2009.
> Is there a way to do a vlookup to pull the data for the chart or do I have
> set up the data sheets the same way...I tried to make this short so sorry
> if
> its not enough info, just let me know if I can clear something up.
>
> Thanks in advance

0
Bernard

Legend on Chart

question
I am using windows vista home premium 32 bit and my copy and paste process doesn't works and the spelling check neither how do i make them work? On Fri, 24 Aug 2007 10:32:03 -0700, Andres wrote: > I am using windows vista home premium 32 bit and my copy and paste process > doesn't works and the spelling check neither how do i make them work? You have posted this message to the wrong newsgroup. The access in this groups name refers to Microsoft Access, a database program. Please repost to the correct newsgroup for the Windows Vista program you are using. -- Fred Please resp...

SetActiveView question
Got a problem with program control of the active view. I've got a magnify input in the main frame which only applies to one of the 4 views on the screen. So I have to make sure that it is active before I apply the magnification. Seemed reasonably straight forward, I store the view pointer, pview, when it is created at startup, in my root program and then when the user types in the magnification box, get the pview , do a SetActiveView(pview) and then call the pview->DoMagnify() routine I wrote. Things don't behave the way I expected. 1) none of the values I set in the view creation ...

Demographic chart?

Excel 2007 Line Chart with Markers

FIND (Two questions)
Question #1: FIND is normally the first step of a two-step process: 1. FIND locates a cell with the specific text or numbers contained in the "Find What" box. 2. Once a cell is found, a different action is done (i.e., deleting the cell, deleting the cell's contents, copying the cell's contents, pasting different data into the cell, etc). (FIND/REPLACE may not be appropriate for this action). To perform this action, the FIND box must be closed. To locate the NEXT cell with the specific text or numbers, you have to do FIND again, close the FIND box and do the action. And...

Vb ranges
Hello all I am defining a range in an application: Set rnge = range("csv_update") this works great as long as the code is executed from the worksheet that the range is on. I would like to hide this sheet and execute the code on a sheet (in the same workbook) called "Monitor". How can I get a hold of the range on a hidden worksheet from a button on the "Monitor" worksheet (or any other worksheet for that matter)? Many thanks maybe try Set rnge = Worksheets("hidden_sheet_name").range("csv_update") -- HTH Bob Phillips (repla...

Charting/ Graph question

Chart in Chart

How do I create a chart....

Chart items moving around

exchange script question (cross posted)
i need to use vbscript to query particular exchange servers to return the number of mailboxes any particular mailbox store contains. anyone have an example? thanks You can query AD for ((objectClass=user)(mailnickname=*)(homeMDB=distinguishedName of Mailbox Store)) -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Jimmy" <j@j.j> wrote in message news:%238vwZRS0GHA.4772@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >i need to use vbscript to query particular exchange servers to return the >...

Dialog Question!
Hi all, How to get rid of OK and Cancel button in a dialog based MFC App? TIA -- ======== Regards Vai ======== simple, delete those button in resource editor :-) Regards Thangaraj A.L. "Vai2000" <vai@onebox.com> wrote in message news:u03qfTWOEHA.2716@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi all, How to get rid of OK and Cancel button in a dialog based MFC App? > > TIA > > -- > ======== > Regards > Vai > ======== > > Before you delete them, add handlers for them. Then remove the contents of the functions. Add a WM_CLOSE handler that calls CDialo...

How To Chart A Formula in Excel 2007

Newbie Question Please
Hi, How can I see the structure the web page. I can't find any menu item that shows the pages and how they are linked. For instance, I have 7 pages including the main page, but the toolbar shows 14 pages. How can I see where these pages are in the hierarchy? In Frontpage there was a graphical tree view that showed you the website structure. Thanks Look in the folder where you publish the website. -- "If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there!" Thanks, I did that but that's not what I was looking for. As I mentioned, in Frontpage ther...

create chart from external application
Hi, I would like to know if this is possible.... I have an application that contains an hierarchical chart. I would like to export this data into a format that Visio can *understand*, and then import it into Visio and have it display in a hierarchical manner. Does any body know if this is possible to do. .....or, if there is another way of getting my data into Visio, can you please let me know. Thanks. Here is an article that describes how to automate the org chart wizard, and how to format your data: http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/2002/articles/spotlight5_July00.aspx Hope ...

print a chart over multiple pages
I am trying to stretch a chart over multiple pages, but i just can't get it to work. I have tried all i can think including attempting to print areas individually. Any ideas? i'm using excel 2003. Thanks Hi, If the chart is on a chart page, this will not work. If the chart is embedded on a sheet, and you select the chart, it will not work. What you need to do is embed the chart and then select the range "behind - under" the chart, then you can use all of the print options, thereby printing one chart across multiple pages. Cheers, Shane "OEB1527" <O...

Dropdown box question
In the Input Range of a drop down box is there a way to concatenate two columns? To be specific: Have Product #'s in Column A of the Input Range e.g. 8755 Have Product Desc in Column B of the Input Range e.g. 90 Minute Video Tape Want both columns in range concatenated with a dash inbetween, so it appears in the drop down box as: 8755 - 90 Minute Video Tape Thanks in advance. David Hi I would use a helper column with a formula like =A1 & "-" & B1 and use this helper column as source for your drop down -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany &quo...

Embed Chart
Is it possible to link a chart into my current worksheet like an embedded chart (or something)? Thanx. Brian - I'm not sure what you're asking. If you copy a chart from one workbook (or worksheet) and paste it into another, it will retain its links to the original source of its data. You can change its source data (to its new parent worksheet) using Source Data from the Chart menu. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/index.html _______ briank wrote: > Is it possible to link a chart into my current worksheet > like an...

Names on a Bubble Chart
Hi There, I am wondering on how I can put the "names" on my bubbles...? I've the following data where I would like to make a bubble chart with ... The bubble chart in itself works fine, I just do not manage to get the corresponding name (Product1, 2,...) on each bubble: NS AGP Growth Product1 9,052,494 22 (31) Product2 1,574,341 32 (25) Product3 1,759,511 3 (45) Product4 1,539,132 13 (69) Any thoughts? Jen ...