Chart problem.

I have a chart that plots body mass index, ie value on y axis, and dates on x
axis.  I have also added a second category x as I have divided the chart into
horizonatl zones with different colors (ie underweight, overweight etc).

Things work fine except that when I plot, for instance, three dates (Jan 1,
Feb 1, March 1).  The Jan point is right on the left side Y axis, the Feb is
mid way across the chart, and the March is on the other end of the chart
(right Y axis)   I'd like to narrow down the spaces between each data point,
and also have some space at the beginning of the chart (ie the first point
shouldn't plot on the Y axis).

When I click on the data (format data point), "gap width" is greyed out, and
nothing is checked.  When I check "Up/Down bars", the first point and teh
last point move in (away from the edges), and "gap width" becomes "ungreyed".
 However, adjusting gap width does not affect the distance between the data
points.

Thanks

0
scott7693 (519)

Hi Scott

just an idea. You could use an X-category without a BMI value. Hence it is
not plotted, but the chart reserves some space for it. Perhaps you can get
this to work.

Wigi

"Scott" wrote:

> I have a chart that plots body mass index, ie value on y axis, and dates on x
> axis.  I have also added a second category x as I have divided the chart into
> horizonatl zones with different colors (ie underweight, overweight etc).
>
> Things work fine except that when I plot, for instance, three dates (Jan 1,
> Feb 1, March 1).  The Jan point is right on the left side Y axis, the Feb is
> mid way across the chart, and the March is on the other end of the chart
> (right Y axis)   I'd like to narrow down the spaces between each data point,
> and also have some space at the beginning of the chart (ie the first point
> shouldn't plot on the Y axis).
>
> When I click on the data (format data point), "gap width" is greyed out, and
> nothing is checked.  When I check "Up/Down bars", the first point and teh
> last point move in (away from the edges), and "gap width" becomes "ungreyed".
>  However, adjusting gap width does not affect the distance between the data
> points.
>
> Thanks

0
Wigi (97)
7/7/2007 9:12:04 PM
If your chart is a column/area/line chart, double-click the x-axis and
in the Scale tab check 'Value (Y) axis crosses between categories.

If it is a XY scatter chart adjust the x-axis min/max values to taste.

In article <4DF55AA6-8142-4FB4-9121-82AC57DFE985@microsoft.com>,
Scott@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> I have a chart that plots body mass index, ie value on y axis, and dates on x
> axis.  I have also added a second category x as I have divided the chart into
> horizonatl zones with different colors (ie underweight, overweight etc).
>
> Things work fine except that when I plot, for instance, three dates (Jan 1,
> Feb 1, March 1).  The Jan point is right on the left side Y axis, the Feb is
> mid way across the chart, and the March is on the other end of the chart
> (right Y axis)   I'd like to narrow down the spaces between each data point,
> and also have some space at the beginning of the chart (ie the first point
> shouldn't plot on the Y axis).
>
> When I click on the data (format data point), "gap width" is greyed out, and
> nothing is checked.  When I check "Up/Down bars", the first point and teh
> last point move in (away from the edges), and "gap width" becomes "ungreyed".
>  However, adjusting gap width does not affect the distance between the data
> points.
>
> Thanks

synchroniastion problems
Can anyone help me?, I seem to be having synchronizing problems with outlook 2000, 90% of the time I connect to my Exchange 5.5 server remotely via a dial-up. when connecting I can send/receive ok although outlook always wants to retrieve all 342 items in my inbox, yet I have setup synchronize for every folder that in outlook that I modify on a regular bases. Now my understanding of synchronize is that if you contact to the sever and you have delete a document that is local to your p.c/laptop the exchange will see this change and remove the copy of the file on server when you synch...

Legend on Chart

Demographic chart?

alt tags problem with publisher
Hello, I've created a newsletter to send out on email. All looking good, apart from when I send it out as a test via email to myself. The first line of text on the page appears as an alt tag / text hovering over the majority of the email, and I have no idea how to get rid of it. This is if I view the email in Office 2003 - If I view the email in Outlook Office 2007, the text doesn't appear. Bizzare. Is there a bug that anyone knows about this? Is there a global setting in publisher that would cause this to appear? Any help appreciated! Cheers, James ...

Problem opening text file...
Hello, i have a simple macro that pulling in a text file: Public Function Import_FND_GFM_BV(DataPathName, TemplateBook) Application.StatusBar = "Importing fnd_gfm-BV.tsv..." ChDir DataPathName 'Open BV.txt Workbooks.OpenText Filename:="fnd_gfm-BV.tsv" _ , Origin:=437, StartRow:=1, DataType:=xlDelimited, TextQualifier:= _ xlDoubleQuote, ConsecutiveDelimiter:=False, Tab:=True, Semicolon:=False, _ Comma:=False, Space:=False, Other:=False, FieldInfo:=Array (Array(1, 1), _ Array(2, 1), Array(3, 1), Array(4, 1), Array(5, 1)...

Group by problem
i have the following table: Duguje Potrazuje Partner PartnerName Date ---------------------------------------------- 1 3 P Tisak 12.3.2006 5 2 P Croatia 25.6.2006 6 4 K HT 15.6.2007 8 3 K Tisak 11.11.2005 7 8 P Croatia 3.5.2007 7 5 K HT 11.3.2005 2 3 K HT 5.1.2005 the query is: SELECT partner, PartnerName, (SELECT SUM(Duguje) FROM arhivdugujepotrazuje WHERE datumdos <= '01-01-2007' an...

Multiple Selecting Problem
Hi, I'm trying to select multiple accounts to send direct mail to...normally ctrl + click multiple accounts would do this. When I ctrl + click it opens a new browser window instead of selecting another account. This seems to only be problem on my computer. How do I fix this? Check your mouse settings to make sure you haven't changed the functions of the buttons on it -- Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Dan B" wrote: > Hi, > I'm trying to select multiple accounts to send direct mail to...normally > ctrl + click multiple accoun...

Excel 2007 Line Chart with Markers

Charting/ Graph question

Chart in Chart

How do I create a chart....

Ingenico Pin pad problem
Hello there We have 2 samples of Ingenico Pin pad models 3070 and 3380. My boss has given these samples to me without any other CD or document. Now I am completely confused. I should customize the device. I have downloaded 2 documents from Ingenico website but they don't have the details I need. Does any one have useful documents about the way of the installation the device and configure it? When I connect the device to COM port, Nothing happens.I think my PC can't detect it. Should I install any special driver for the device? Can I develop a program for this device without its SDK? As...

Problem in opening the Connectivity Options....
Using - Wince 6.0 Visual studio 2005. When i click "Connectivity Options..." i get a popup window "Platform Builder was unable to read the device settings from the Datastore" (This is popped up by c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common 7\IDE\devenv.exe I have searched for this topic and tried the suggested solutions such as deleting the folder CoreCon under Document and settings directories etc. But nothing seems to work... Should I have to reinstall the Wince 6.0 ? or Visual Studio 2005 ? This problem started when I had to reinstall the vi...

Date Problem #2
When I type 31/11/03 in a cell it will not follow the same format as the rest of the dates I have typed in. Can anyone please tell me why? I am using Excel from Office 2000 on XP Home Operating System. If that is referring to the 31st of November, unless there is a new leap year for November, Excel would be confused. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Gary Pickett" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A29ECE7C-4333-4D8D-818F-EF29CD835845@microsoft.com... > When I type 31/11/03 in a cell it will not follow the same format as the rest ...

PRINT PREVIEW PROBLEM #3
I am unable to view my entire page when opening "Print Preview." Only about 3/4 of the page shows. HELP!! ...

Chart items moving around

How To Chart A Formula in Excel 2007

personal.xls problem
I was working with macro's yesterday now any excel workbook i open also opens the file personal.xls. How can I stop this from opening? A If there is a Personal.xls file in the correct folder, then Excel will open it. However, this workbook normally open in hidden mode. Try Window|Hide and close Excel. Does Personal.XLS show its face? Best wishes -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in e-mail address "Andr´┐Ż" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29d5b01c46513$c5b5da70$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I was working with macro'...

Problem Sending Through Secured SMTP Server
Hello all, I'm trying to configure a second SMTP connector on our Exchange 2003 Server that will allow our non-Outlook users to connect an send mail through, but I've run into a relay problem. The second connector is on its own IP address, has SSL enabled, has Anonymous access disabled, and allows both basic and Windows Integrated authentication. I've allowed the "Authenticated Users" and "SELF" security principals submit and relay permissions. I've also turned off the "allow all computers which successfully authenticate..." option (alth...

Initial Install CRM Problems.
I'm trying to install CRM 1.2 for the first time on a W2003 Server. I receive the message "You must be a member of Domain Administrator group. Make sure computer is joined to domain and you are logged on to a domain administrator account" I've installed SQL with no problems and even when I logg on as Administrator I can't install CRM. Would appreciate suggestions. Richard Is the CRM server joined to an domain? Are you logged on as the Domain Administrator?- merely being the local CRM server Administrator will not do Installing SQL does not have these requirements...