Chart problem.

I have a chart that plots body mass index, ie value on y axis, and dates on x
axis.  I have also added a second category x as I have divided the chart into
horizonatl zones with different colors (ie underweight, overweight etc).

Things work fine except that when I plot, for instance, three dates (Jan 1,
Feb 1, March 1).  The Jan point is right on the left side Y axis, the Feb is
mid way across the chart, and the March is on the other end of the chart
(right Y axis)   I'd like to narrow down the spaces between each data point,
and also have some space at the beginning of the chart (ie the first point
shouldn't plot on the Y axis).

When I click on the data (format data point), "gap width" is greyed out, and
nothing is checked.  When I check "Up/Down bars", the first point and teh
last point move in (away from the edges), and "gap width" becomes "ungreyed".
 However, adjusting gap width does not affect the distance between the data
points.

Thanks

0
scott7693 (519)

Hi Scott

just an idea. You could use an X-category without a BMI value. Hence it is
not plotted, but the chart reserves some space for it. Perhaps you can get
this to work.

Wigi

"Scott" wrote:

> I have a chart that plots body mass index, ie value on y axis, and dates on x
> axis.  I have also added a second category x as I have divided the chart into
> horizonatl zones with different colors (ie underweight, overweight etc).
>
> Things work fine except that when I plot, for instance, three dates (Jan 1,
> Feb 1, March 1).  The Jan point is right on the left side Y axis, the Feb is
> mid way across the chart, and the March is on the other end of the chart
> (right Y axis)   I'd like to narrow down the spaces between each data point,
> and also have some space at the beginning of the chart (ie the first point
> shouldn't plot on the Y axis).
>
> When I click on the data (format data point), "gap width" is greyed out, and
> nothing is checked.  When I check "Up/Down bars", the first point and teh
> last point move in (away from the edges), and "gap width" becomes "ungreyed".
>  However, adjusting gap width does not affect the distance between the data
> points.
>
> Thanks

0
Wigi (97)
7/7/2007 9:12:04 PM
If your chart is a column/area/line chart, double-click the x-axis and
in the Scale tab check 'Value (Y) axis crosses between categories.

If it is a XY scatter chart adjust the x-axis min/max values to taste.

In article <4DF55AA6-8142-4FB4-9121-82AC57DFE985@microsoft.com>,
Scott@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> I have a chart that plots body mass index, ie value on y axis, and dates on x
> axis.  I have also added a second category x as I have divided the chart into
> horizonatl zones with different colors (ie underweight, overweight etc).
>
> Things work fine except that when I plot, for instance, three dates (Jan 1,
> Feb 1, March 1).  The Jan point is right on the left side Y axis, the Feb is
> mid way across the chart, and the March is on the other end of the chart
> (right Y axis)   I'd like to narrow down the spaces between each data point,
> and also have some space at the beginning of the chart (ie the first point
> shouldn't plot on the Y axis).
>
> When I click on the data (format data point), "gap width" is greyed out, and
> nothing is checked.  When I check "Up/Down bars", the first point and teh
> last point move in (away from the edges), and "gap width" becomes "ungreyed".
>  However, adjusting gap width does not affect the distance between the data
> points.
>
> Thanks

Calendar Control and Dynamic Chart
Using Excel 2007, is it possible to use the Access Calendar Control to change dates on a dynamic chart ? If so, how ? Currently, I'm using two ActiveX slider controls linked to cells to define a start and end date for the dynamic chart. Exceluser Figured it out. Had to download the Microsoft Date and Time Picker Control from the following: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/297381 Exceluser ...

problem using CxImage
I'm trying to use the CxImage class (you can find it on CodeProject.com). Attempting to follow the example in the docs for using CxImage to draw to a picture, I've added the include, the dependencies, the pointer to the .lib in the LINK tab of the settings. My code says CxImage image("pic.jpg", CXIMAGE_FORMAT_JPG); This compiles, but generates a link error - ImageCoordsDlg.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall CxImage::CxImage(char const *,unsigned long)" (??0CxImage@@QAE@PBDK@Z) I can call almost any other CxImage method, ...

Chart and Zeros
This is the issue: Let say I have : ColumnA ColumnB 1 234 2 432 3 -8 4 0... 5 0... ... ..0.. ... ..0.. 300 0... I'm doing a linear graph and I want as "x-value" Column A, and "y-value" Column B. But I do not want the zeros to appear in the graph. week by week the zeros will change as days pass until reach 300. automatically. Is there any way to set the graph up to take just number greater and lesser ...

Charts/years
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I am trying to make a line chart that shows the number of dance notation systems invented each year between 1495 and 2009. For years at a stretch there are none. Some years there are 1 or 2 of any given type and never more than 4 a year in total. There are 6 different categories of notation system. So, in my data I have columns for each of the notation categories and a row for each year of invention. BUT, I cannot get Excel to accept these dates as just years - it keeps wanting to alter them to month and year. Is there a way aro...

Problem adding a control
I'm trying to add a checkbox to a dialog. GetDlgItem(IDC_MY_CHECK) returns NULL and if I try to give it a member variable I get "An unsupported operation was attempted" in the DoDataExchange() function when I go to that dialog. What causes this? WinXP Pro SP2, VS6 SP6. Thanks, Drew Drew wrote: > I'm trying to add a checkbox to a dialog. GetDlgItem(IDC_MY_CHECK) returns > NULL > and if I try to give it a member variable I get "An unsupported operation > was attempted" > in the DoDataExchange() function when I go to that dialog. What cause...

macro problem #5
I have a macro in a excell file. file is in the xlstart folder so that macro becomes available when excell launches. When we import from a report(another application) to excell excell starts but the file in which the macro is does not launch i.e, under tool->macros we don't see that macro. I just got my machine upgraded from excell2000 to excell2002. macro was done in the previous version. should that make a difference. thanks Guess #1: How are you starting excel? If you're automating it from another program (a change from before???), then you'll have to load that wor...

Recurring Task Problem
I've set up a recurring Task in Project to reflect our daily sync meeting, 1 hour a day for 4 months. The pertinent details are below: Duration: 1hr Recurrence Pattern: Daily, Every 1 workday Range of Recurrence: Start: Thu 1/7/10, End by: Fri 5/7/10 Calendar: Standard, Scheduling ignores resource calendars The problem is that each person invited to this morning meeting is now assigned 689h of Work time from this task alone. On the advice of another person on this board, I set each meeting to Fixed Duration of 1hr each, but this had no effect on the 689 hours. Can anyon...

Archive Problems
Have two CD ROMS with archive outlook .pst files on them. Get this error on disc 1 which I archived manually: Properties for this information service must be defined prior to use. File cannot be accessed. How do I remedy this? Disc 2 which was arhived by outlook and has only one 32k sized .pst file after saving about 20+ folders. Doesn't seem quite right to me!: I get the option of either saving the files in outlook into the archive folder or personal folder. I choose personal and nothing happens! This program is driving me crazy! ;) Thanks. Jason Clark Jason Clark <lifestyleboo...

.pst File Problems #2
I have a couple of personal folders that point to .pst files that no longer exist, is there a way to get rid of these references. They don't appear in the "Outlook Data Files" window. Jay You can either recreate your mail profile by going to Control Panel-> Mail-> button Show Profiles... Or search for the references to these files in the registry (make a backup first of that regkey!) [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles] -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Wh...

Problem vith queue
Being new to CRM, I have a simple question: when setting up a queue as per the implementation guide, do emails to the queue automatically appear as cases or activities? as mine seem to be disappearing into a black hole. Here's what I do: 1.install CRM 3.0 on SBS 2003 sp1 2. follow instructions for adding a queue user, except I disable the account after adding the queue to CRM and running the rule deployment wizard 3. send email to queue 4.email is routed through to the mailbox I set up for CRM (CRMMail@domain.com) 5. after 10sec or so it disappears 6. nothing - doesn't appear in the ...

Forum Login Problems...
Dear Administrator! I've experiencing "Login error" problem for a few weeks. So I created dummy user CannotLogin and post here. Could you help me please to resolve login issues? Oh... I've just looked into forums and see that my user is completely deleted!!! Also all posts of my user are deleted! In article <59b54a90.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, CannotLogin@officeformac.com wrote: > Dear Administrator! > > I've experiencing "Login error" problem for a few weeks. So I created dummy > user CannotLogin and post here. > > Could you ...

Bizarre
Brand new XP pc - loaded Win 2k Office. Download all updates - & I mean all Create an email or sending a reply to a received email sends the message to the Outbox where it can be seen in Capital Letters. On Send/Receive it is not picked up & remains in Outbox. Open the message from within Outbox & send again it reappears in Outbox in Italics & goes when sent............ (Disabled Norton Internet Security which came with PC) Hope the above makes sense Any solutions/clues welcome regards pat ...

How to carry over conditional format colors to a chart
I have a speadsheet where I have conditinally formatted the hours of overtime into red, yellow and green. I want to make the spreadsheet into a chart that carries over the conditinal format colors and puts them in the chart. I have the employees names in the X axis and the hours worked in the Y axis. Is it possible to do this? Perhaps you could use Jon Peltier's technique for conditional charts: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/format.html#CondChart Tim A wrote: > I have a speadsheet where I have conditinally formatted the hours of overtime > into red, yellow and ...

CISCO CRM Connector problem
Hello, I tried to integrate CRM 4.0 with CISCO CRM unified connector, by setting the Cisco unified CRM Connector server configuration as following : -------------------------------------------------- <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <entities> <entity name="account" key="accountid" translatedName="{lang_Account}" objectType="1" getIncidents="True"> <linkDescriptor format="{0}" sortItem="name" sortDescending="false"> <replaceValue order="0" at...

I have a problem with getting a total Sum of numbers (URGENT)
I'd really appreciate if someone could help me here. I am using Microsoft Excel 2002 on a Microsoft Office XP system. I a trying to develop a minor league baseball schedule, but am having som problems. I have attached a copy of my spreadsheet to give everyone some idea o what I'm doing here. I have where the fans list the "RUNS, HITS & ERRORS) of both teams an for each game of the series. I then have it set up in the TOTA WON/LOST column where if the T-Bones RUNS are more than the SALTDOG runs, a "1" appears in the WON column. If the SALTDOGS have a highe numbe...

Forwarding problems #2
I have setup my domain to receive mail sent to it be sent to an external internet address( a hotmail account). My problem is that, only mail sent from a hotmail account will be delivered. Mail sent from elsewhere , like a yahoo account will immediately be rejected with a message: I have given up on 71.245.3.201( which is the ip address of my exchange server.) What is the problem? I have not tried with other email services. Would appreciate any help your server is on RBL list http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/ip4r.ch?ip=71.245.3.201 -- Best regards, Good Luck Oz Ozugurlu ____________________...

How can i print a chart in excel on more than one sheet of paper

File Open Dialog Problem
Hello Dears, I am using WINCE 5 with SMDK2442. My problem is I am developing an application that i replace with explorer in common.reg to start on startup. When i Build the NK and burn it works fine. But problem is when i try to open file using Open File Dialog the dialog does not appears. I included shell into the NK and when i put explorer.exe as startup application its works fine and all file dialogs apears fine. But when i replace explorer with my startup.exe it does not display Open File Dialog. So please help me. thanks in advance Regards Nomi -- Nomi Message po...

Quick primer for charts in XL2007, please?
(Very sorry for the double-post to two NG - I forgot about this NG until after I posted to the other!) I'm trying to re-create a chart I had in XL2003, but in XL2007 the dialog boxes have changed just a bit and I'm lost! I have four trailers that accumulate miles, and I need to chart the number of failures for tires and shocks on both the left and right side of each trailer. So I have named ranges: Miles_A, _B, _C, and _D, LTires_A etc, RTires_A etc, LShocks_A etc and RShocks_A etc. I want Miles across the bottom, and the number of failures per item on the vertical axis. Insert &g...

Problems converting Money 98 File to Money 2004
I am trying to convert a Money 98 file from one computer to a Money 2004 file on another. When it nears the end of the conversion process, it just hangs. It happens whether I try it directly on the mny file or on the backup files. My only recourse is to kill 2004 in task manager. Any thoughts? In microsoft.public.money, evvb wrote: >I am trying to convert a Money 98 file from one computer to a Money 2004 file >on another. When it nears the end of the conversion process, it just hangs. >It happens whether I try it directly on the mny file or on the backup files. >My ...

CRM Sales for Outlook 1.2 connection problem.
I successfully installed CRM Sales for Outlook 1.2 on my laptop with Office 2003. I can connect to the database and see the contact and lead names in the Outlook browser window but when I try to open up a record, I receive an error stating "An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator." The Event Viewer has the following application error MSCRM Application Error Report ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error Message: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the cu...

text to columns problem #2
I have an invoice that uses "text to columns" to help it update. I use macro to paste data from a network application to the invoice. When close down Excel, even though I have it saved, it no longer separate the test when pasted. Anyone know why? Thanks, Vat -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com A guess in the absence of other replies :- Normally with a text file we have to SaveAs a .xls workbook otherwise the file remains a text file. I wonder if this is affecting your data. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

customise y axis on clustered bar chart
How can i change the value of y axis on a clustered bar chart t? If you're wanting a custom label/scale, you might want to check out Jon Peltier's article: http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/custom-axis-y-1-2-4-8-16/ OR http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ChartIndex.html#AxisScales -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "alavia" wrote: > How can i change the value of y axis on a clustered bar chart t? ...

Problem with installing Microsoft CRM integration for Great plains software
Hello Every body, During the installation of Microsoft CRM integration for Great plains software,on a particular screen "Specify Security account and servers",we need to mention a domain Username which has access to CRM with administrative previliges.I have created a IntegrationUser (With administrator role)in CRM as mentioned in the installation guide.I have been making vain efforts,to associate this UserID and password in the above mentioned screen.Every time i give the user id and password and click next,it gives me a error saying that "Either the CRM ...

Bar chart with
I have the following problem: I have 15 cities for which I have two data values for 4 dates (example: Vienna 1950: 10 90 1960: 50 50 1980: 20 80 1990: 60 40) How to show them in a bar chart so that each city is in x- axis and all for dates appear on y axis so that two values are showed as 100 % stacked columns? Many thanks in advance! Marjo - Do the columns with 10 and 90 have names? Then put the names into the cells above the numbers, and keep the cell above the dates blank. A B 1950 10 90 1960 50 5...