chart options show data table

Currently using 2 workbooks to produce 1 chart - the source data in workbook
1 and the chart in workbook 2. We also are using the "show data table" option
to most easily view all values in the chart.  We would like this data to keep
it's currency format to best reflect the values in the chart; however, the
data table loses this formatting when we close workbook 1. Is there any way
to hang onto this formatting after the workbook is closed?
0
bird7946 (2)

Data tables in charts are not particularly flexible or capable.

You combine the workbooks. Alternatively, put a table in the chart's
workbook, which is linked to the data in the other workbook, and use this as
the chart's source data.

Other than that, you could build your own data table in the worksheet
adjacent to the chart, or somewhere else and use the Camera tool to put a
dynamic picture of it near the chart.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"bird7946" <bird7946@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Currently using 2 workbooks to produce 1 chart - the source data in
> workbook
> 1 and the chart in workbook 2. We also are using the "show data table"
> option
> to most easily view all values in the chart.  We would like this data to
> keep
> it's currency format to best reflect the values in the chart; however, the
> data table loses this formatting when we close workbook 1. Is there any
> way
> to hang onto this formatting after the workbook is closed?

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)
5/30/2007 3:31:19 AM
Thank you for your response! I figured that was our last-ditch effort, so I
appreciate the confirmation!

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

> Data tables in charts are not particularly flexible or capable.
>
> You combine the workbooks. Alternatively, put a table in the chart's
> workbook, which is linked to the data in the other workbook, and use this as
> the chart's source data.
>
> Other than that, you could build your own data table in the worksheet
> adjacent to the chart, or somewhere else and use the Camera tool to put a
> dynamic picture of it near the chart.
>
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
> _______
>

> "bird7946" <bird7946@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Currently using 2 workbooks to produce 1 chart - the source data in
> > workbook
> > 1 and the chart in workbook 2. We also are using the "show data table"
> > option
> > to most easily view all values in the chart.  We would like this data to
> > keep
> > it's currency format to best reflect the values in the chart; however, the
> > data table loses this formatting when we close workbook 1. Is there any
> > way
> > to hang onto this formatting after the workbook is closed?

0
bird7946 (2)

Excel Content Type issue, shows default not assigned type.
Question about the way Content Types work between Word and Excel. I have a several content types set up 6 using Excel and one using Word. I'm seeing a weird behavior, where when I associated the content types with a document library, and select new on the Toolbar. In the document properties panel, the Word document shows the content type that is assigned however the Excel documents show the document libraries default content type, and there are no options to change it until I save the document. Steps 1. I create a library to house the documents used as templates for the ...

Legend on Chart

Demographic chart?

Send and Receive Option
On my desktop I have send and receive button/tab. Some how on my notebook, I have failed to check this option and so it does not show up. Could someone please help me to find where to check so that I always have at hand the option to send and receive. I would be grateful MS Office Outlook 2007 Thanks for any help Jerry Jerry wrote: > On my desktop I have send and receive button/tab. > > Some how on my notebook, I have failed to check this option and so it does > not show up. Could someone please help me to find where to check so that I > always have at hand the opti...

Excel 2007 Line Chart with Markers

Charting/ Graph question

Excel Export Options
Hi, I'm exporting a list from CRM 3.0 to Excel 2003. When I do so, I don't get the option to select whether I want static data or an active link to the data. Therefore, when I email the spreadsheet to someone outside the network, it doesn't contain data. However, my colleague does get the options pop-up, so I guess I've a configuration issue somewhere. Any idea where I look to change this so I get the option? Thanks, On 22 Oct, 18:17, rich...@draig.co.uk wrote: Wait, ignore me, I'm an idiot, I think it did work ok. I disconnected from the network and I was able to open...

*.zip files not showing up in Insert File dialog box
Hello all, My boss is trying to attach a ZIP file to an email. But when she navigates to the folder with the ZIP files (and she is showing all files *.*), the ZIP files are not showing up in the Insert File dialog box. We can go to the folder in Windows Explorer and we see the ZIP files there. She is using MS Outlook 2003 SP1. I have showed her a work around so she can attach the files (dragging), but I'm curious as to why they are not showing up in the Insert File diag. box. Any help will be greatly appreciated, Conan Kelly I've seen this just once and am told a reboo...

Chart in Chart

Debra Dalgleish-help with worksheet data entry
Hi Debra, I browsed your website and found this new data entry worksheet(http://contextures.com/xlForm02.html) which was very good and i showed my boss.He liked the idea of it and thus asked me to work on it.I managed to add a few more fields and it worked fine. I have a cell named "Documentation to support requirement" at B11 and its corresponding text box at D11.My problem now is that at D11, i need two kind of controls one is drop down list box for document type and another control is text box for document name.How do i achieve this? i need both of this control's answer to b...

Data summary
I have a 13 sheet report with each line a different date and each column different data, I want to puul date specific data to a summary sheet using date entry on the summary sheet ie. 04/10/10 = 04/10/10 on each line of the data sheets and I want to pull the data from column A,B,F,G I hope I have explained this clearly ...

Trouble with Pivot Tables & Named Ranges
Can I use a dynamic named range setup in one file as a range in pivot tables in another file? When I have the data source file (with the named range) and the pivot report files open, the pivot reports update just fine. But the moment I close the source data, the pivot reports no longer can update and I get a message that the source can't be found. If I reopen the source, the pivot tables work fine again - but as soon as I close it up, the reports no longer work. The source file is very large and I don't want to open it every time I have to update all the reports tha...

Show summerised data
Hi all I'm using vb.net 2005. I have an app with a Form containing a Tab control with 5 pages. 1 page records time booked to a particular job using a DataGridView control. All works OK. The question, how do I place on the same Tab as the DataGridView a summary of hours recorded. I have a Group By query with a Sum function that summerises the hours by job category in the Hours TableAdaptor. Its being able to display query results on the Tab that I can't do. Guidance most welcome. TIA johnb ...

Option Buttons
I have set up a spread sheet with five option boxes so that only one can be highlighted at one time. I now want another set on the same spread sheet. If I draw a new option box and select it - it deselects all the others. Any ideas on how to set up different option boxes groups - - one set only allows one to be selected at a time - Another will allow both to be selected etc..... Group them. If forms optionbuttons, then draw a frame or group box around connected buttons, if control toolbox buttons, set the GroupName property -- HTH Bob Phillips "Ciara" <Ciara@discussi...

How do I create a chart....

Format of data import from a database
I have a spreadsheet that has data imported from SQL Server or even MS Access that has dollar amount fields. The field is coming over as a text field and even if I format the cells as currency it won't apply the formatting until I actually double click in the cell and press enter. Is there a way to fix this for the entire spreadsheet so I don't have to click in each cell to force the formatting to work? This spreadsheet as over 1500 rows of data. I get this every time I export data from either SQL Server 2000 or Microsoft Access Database. Any help or information is greatly apprecia...

Problem in opening the Connectivity Options....
Using - Wince 6.0 Visual studio 2005. When i click "Connectivity Options..." i get a popup window "Platform Builder was unable to read the device settings from the Datastore" (This is popped up by c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common 7\IDE\devenv.exe I have searched for this topic and tried the suggested solutions such as deleting the folder CoreCon under Document and settings directories etc. But nothing seems to work... Should I have to reinstall the Wince 6.0 ? or Visual Studio 2005 ? This problem started when I had to reinstall the vi...

Chart items moving around

Split Transactions not Showing in Expense Reports (MNY2007)
Hi .. I'm a long time Quicken user thinking of moving from Q2002 H&B to Money 2007 H&B since I was able to get that version. I converted my file and all seemed ok. I'm now comparing reports from Q to Mny, and they're not adding up. So far I've found that several split transactions (and I assume all) do not show up in my report. For example, I split a $100 cash debit between $10 parking expense and $40 meals. The remaining $50 is uncategorized. The parking and meals do not show up in my report. To me, the transaction looks good. I've got other parking & meals tr...

sort FUNCTION SPLITS DATA INTO TWO GROUPS
I'm using Excel '97. I had two versions of a spreadsheet I was using, and copied several lines of data from one and pasted them into the other. Now, when I sort the larger of the two the data separates into two groups. The pasted data (or newly added data) sorts first, and then the original material sorts as a second group. I've tried reformatting the columns, etc. and an stumped. Any ideas? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Rick assuming the data you are sorting on is numeric, it sounds as though one set of data is truly numeric data and the other is see...

showing the contents of dynamic cells
If I use the following spread sheet as an example a b c 1 23 2 34 2 22 23 75 3 3 45 32 I am trying to find the value of rows 1 and 2 but only for the column where c row 3 is the highest. I.e. in this example as 3b is the highest how I can show the values of b1 and b2 How ever it is important to remember that all the 9 values in this spread sheet are dynamic. Finding the max number in row 3 is easy =Max(a3:c3) Thanks One way .. Source table assumed in A1:C3 Select ...