chart not updating

I have a pivot table with a drop down that lists
division.  Data presented is dependent upon which division
I select.  Next I have cells referenced to the same cells
in my pivot table.  My reason is that a pivot chart is not
as flexible as a chart based on a normal table.

Anyway, my chart is made with those cells as the source.
The cells update based upon what division I selected in my
pivot table drop down.  (Same data in both places:
independent table and pivot table).

However, my chart is not updating as it should.  It
retains the first division's information.  It worked
initially, then stopped.  I've deleted and re-built the
chart, re-linked cells.  The weird part is that when you
review source data for the chart, it correctly points to
the independent table which is cell referenced to the
pivot table.
0
tagaines (1)

Legend on Chart

Demographic chart?

HR version number not updating after installing SP
Hello, We upgraded Great Plains & Human resources to 8.0 & also installed SP2. After the SP2, The Great Plains version number has properly updated to 8.00g34 but the HR version still says 8.00.7 instead of 8.00.10 on the server & other wrkstations. This was not a problem. The HR modified reports all upgraded fine & all workstations are able to run the modified HR reports except one wrkstn. This one wrkstn. has properly updated the HR version number to 8.00.10. When we try to run an HR report from this wrkstn, it says that the dictionary is not found. The reports need to ...

Excel 2007 Line Chart with Markers

Charting/ Graph question

Chart in Chart

How do I create a chart....

Rollong back a Windows Update?
How do I uninstall a Windows update if I can't find it in the list of $NTUninstallKBxxxxxx files in my Windows folder? "jetjock" <jetjock@hanger.com> wrote in message news:ht8il5l5j0gq21mdeod5bf4p6uqpoftjcf@4ax.com... > How do I uninstall a Windows update if I can't find it in the list of > $NTUninstallKBxxxxxx files in my Windows folder? Remove it via Add/remove Programs in the Control Panel. Make sure the Show Updates box is checked at the top of the page. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA Bruce Ha...

Chart items moving around

Updating SUMPRODUCT Formula?
Currently, I used the following formula to display how many digits from the previous 3 cells were repeated in the next 3 cells but I in some examples it does not give me the answer I am looking for see examples below: Formula Used: =SUMPRODUCT(COUNTIF(AF575:AH575,AF577:AH577)) Correct Sample #1 AF575:AH575 3,7,0 AF577:AH577 3,5,9 C577=1 correct Incorrect Sample #2 AF575:AH575 3,3,3 AF577:AH577 3,5,9 C577=3, only 1 digit is actually repeated, therefore the answer should be 1 Incorrect Sample #3 AF575:AH575 1,6,3 AF577:AH577 3,3,3 C577=3, only 1 digit is actually repeated, therefore the answ...

Mass Update to make items available on website
Is there a way to do a mass update to change item properties to enable the "item is available on website" box? I'd rather not go through 1000+ items manually to do this. I am using RMS and Nitrosell. Thanks! Hi Julie - you could run an update query using SO administrator. I am not familar with the Nitrosell application, you may want to consult with the company that sold you this solution. Usually not all your inventory items will be available for sale on your web site, but I'm not sure how Nitrosell interacts with the web item flag... Anyway if your partner approve...

How To Chart A Formula in Excel 2007

create chart from external application
Hi, I would like to know if this is possible.... I have an application that contains an hierarchical chart. I would like to export this data into a format that Visio can *understand*, and then import it into Visio and have it display in a hierarchical manner. Does any body know if this is possible to do. .....or, if there is another way of getting my data into Visio, can you please let me know. Thanks. Here is an article that describes how to automate the org chart wizard, and how to format your data: http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/2002/articles/spotlight5_July00.aspx Hope ...

print a chart over multiple pages
I am trying to stretch a chart over multiple pages, but i just can't get it to work. I have tried all i can think including attempting to print areas individually. Any ideas? i'm using excel 2003. Thanks Hi, If the chart is on a chart page, this will not work. If the chart is embedded on a sheet, and you select the chart, it will not work. What you need to do is embed the chart and then select the range "behind - under" the chart, then you can use all of the print options, thereby printing one chart across multiple pages. Cheers, Shane "OEB1527" <O...

Embed Chart
Is it possible to link a chart into my current worksheet like an embedded chart (or something)? Thanx. Brian - I'm not sure what you're asking. If you copy a chart from one workbook (or worksheet) and paste it into another, it will retain its links to the original source of its data. You can change its source data (to its new parent worksheet) using Source Data from the Chart menu. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/index.html _______ briank wrote: > Is it possible to link a chart into my current worksheet > like an...

Names on a Bubble Chart
Hi There, I am wondering on how I can put the "names" on my bubbles...? I've the following data where I would like to make a bubble chart with ... The bubble chart in itself works fine, I just do not manage to get the corresponding name (Product1, 2,...) on each bubble: NS AGP Growth Product1 9,052,494 22 (31) Product2 1,574,341 32 (25) Product3 1,759,511 3 (45) Product4 1,539,132 13 (69) Any thoughts? Jen ...

Outlook 2003 update
My brother (XP, Outlook 2003) says he just installed updates and now his mail file shows only calendar items. For instance, deleted mail shows only old calendar items. I don't have XP or 2003 so I can't help him. Any ideas about what's going on? "sumacny" <sumacny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1490863A-4334-4485-83DB-FE90488E9C1D@microsoft.com... > My brother (XP, Outlook 2003) says he just installed updates and now his > mail > file shows only calendar items. For instance, deleted mail shows only old > calendar items....

A Chart in a Chart ?
Is it possible to create a chart within another chart? If not - Is it possible to view a chart within another chart? Jim -- jamesasmithsr ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jamesasmithsr's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24101 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=377093 you can save a chart inside a second chart. Make the first chart and have it on its own sheet make the second chart and set its location as an object in the first chart sheet "jamesasmithsr" wrot...

Excel Chart Source Data
Is it possible to update Excel Chart Source Data for Multiple Chart where the ranges are exactly the same? We have a large workbook containing 25 worksheets with charts that ar linked to another Master Workbook. The charts display data for a rolling 12 month timescale and so th source data needs to be manually updated each month to reflect th current rolling 12 month timescale e.g May 2003 to April 2004 cell range A1:Z1 would need to be updated t reflect June 2003 to May 2004 to B1:AA1 There are 100 charts so manually updating the Source Data is tim consuming-as the cell references are the ...

Update ui message won't work with toolbar
Hi, in an addin dll I create a CFrameWnd by my own instead by the application framework. Everything works fine except that the toolbar doesn't get the update ui message (I think so). This means that the menu entries are enabled/disabled for existing/ non existing message handlers. But the button of the toolbar with the same message IDs are not. In the MSDN i can't find anything about this problem. Thanks in advance Martin Horst Well, you have already said that you enjoy being miserable, like wasting time, and like doing things the hard way. WHY would you create a CFrameWnd on you...