Chart Names

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry if this is an easy one but I just can't figure
it out.

I have a worksheet with 3 charts on it. I need to write
some VBA to select each chart in turn and change its axis
settings.

So I figured the first thing to do is to name the charts
so that I can select them properly in the VBA. But how do
I name a chart??? If I select the chart I get "Chart Area"
in the name box and I can't edit it.

Many thanks for any help,
Tony M
0
anonymous (74719)

As answered in .programming --

Hold the Ctrl key and click on the chart to select it.
Click in the Name Box, type a new name, then press the Enter key

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)
11/18/2003 12:37:01 PM
Thanks Debra, that's great.

Tony M.

0
anonymous (74719)
11/18/2003 1:29:56 PM
Tony -

If you're doing all the charts, use this so you don't need the names:

    For Each oChtOb is ActiveSheet.ChartObjects
       With oChtOb.Chart.Axes(1, 1)
       End With
    Next

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
_______

Tony M wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm sorry if this is an easy one but I just can't figure
> it out.
>
> I have a worksheet with 3 charts on it. I need to write
> some VBA to select each chart in turn and change its axis
> settings.
>
> So I figured the first thing to do is to name the charts
> so that I can select them properly in the VBA. But how do
> I name a chart??? If I select the chart I get "Chart Area"
> in the name box and I can't edit it.
>
> Many thanks for any help,
> Tony M

Legend on Chart

Demographic chart?

Excel 2007 Line Chart with Markers

E2003 naming ranges correctly
Hi! Even though I named the ranges in my excel workbook, I cannot properly import excel contacts into Outlook. Not even when the excel data was originally exported from Outlook! In the import dialog box, the actions to be performed field 'doesn't show only 1 excel file to import, but al the column headers of the file as seperate items. I can only map custom fields per item. The result of such import is very strange. I found out converting the excel file first in an access db and than importing that access file in Outlook contacts, is an easy work around. But I get really sic...

Charting/ Graph question

Chart in Chart

How do I create a chart....

Chart items moving around

No site name available
Hi, I restarted my Exchange 2003 server running on Windows 2003 R2. The following error was recorded in the System log and the POP3 service not started. It started OK manually. Event ID: 7023 The Microsoft Exchange POP3 service terminated with the following error: No site name is available for this machine. Any suggestions please on what could cause this? Thank you. John Are you needing the POP3 service? By default it is disabled. -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange MVP 2006 Microsoft Certified Partner "John" <john_corangamite@hotmail.com> wrote in message...

How to send all email with same signature name?
Dear all: I'd like to let our company all Exchange users using the same signature name when they send the email. I've reade KB313404 and 307798, but looks like not work. So how can I let it work? Thank you very much! ...

How To Chart A Formula in Excel 2007

create chart from external application
Hi, I would like to know if this is possible.... I have an application that contains an hierarchical chart. I would like to export this data into a format that Visio can *understand*, and then import it into Visio and have it display in a hierarchical manner. Does any body know if this is possible to do. .....or, if there is another way of getting my data into Visio, can you please let me know. Thanks. Here is an article that describes how to automate the org chart wizard, and how to format your data: http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/2002/articles/spotlight5_July00.aspx Hope ...

print a chart over multiple pages
I am trying to stretch a chart over multiple pages, but i just can't get it to work. I have tried all i can think including attempting to print areas individually. Any ideas? i'm using excel 2003. Thanks Hi, If the chart is on a chart page, this will not work. If the chart is embedded on a sheet, and you select the chart, it will not work. What you need to do is embed the chart and then select the range "behind - under" the chart, then you can use all of the print options, thereby printing one chart across multiple pages. Cheers, Shane "OEB1527" <O...

Sorting Names i the Contact View
Is it possible to sort contacts by last name, first name instead of full name? The fullname contains the first and last name as specified in the organization settings. Go to Settings / System Settings. There is a combobox defining how the fullname is calculated. If it is "First Last", change it to "Last, First". After you changed this setting, the fullname will contain the desired format and your views are sorted the way you want. The problem is that the full names of existing records are not updated automatically. You will get the old "First Last" until yo...

Embed Chart
Is it possible to link a chart into my current worksheet like an embedded chart (or something)? Thanx. Brian - I'm not sure what you're asking. If you copy a chart from one workbook (or worksheet) and paste it into another, it will retain its links to the original source of its data. You can change its source data (to its new parent worksheet) using Source Data from the Chart menu. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/index.html _______ briank wrote: > Is it possible to link a chart into my current worksheet > like an...

Names on a Bubble Chart
Hi There, I am wondering on how I can put the "names" on my bubbles...? I've the following data where I would like to make a bubble chart with ... The bubble chart in itself works fine, I just do not manage to get the corresponding name (Product1, 2,...) on each bubble: NS AGP Growth Product1 9,052,494 22 (31) Product2 1,574,341 32 (25) Product3 1,759,511 3 (45) Product4 1,539,132 13 (69) Any thoughts? Jen ...

A Chart in a Chart ?
Is it possible to create a chart within another chart? If not - Is it possible to view a chart within another chart? Jim -- jamesasmithsr ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jamesasmithsr's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24101 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=377093 you can save a chart inside a second chart. Make the first chart and have it on its own sheet make the second chart and set its location as an object in the first chart sheet "jamesasmithsr" wrot...

Excel Chart Source Data
Is it possible to update Excel Chart Source Data for Multiple Chart where the ranges are exactly the same? We have a large workbook containing 25 worksheets with charts that ar linked to another Master Workbook. The charts display data for a rolling 12 month timescale and so th source data needs to be manually updated each month to reflect th current rolling 12 month timescale e.g May 2003 to April 2004 cell range A1:Z1 would need to be updated t reflect June 2003 to May 2004 to B1:AA1 There are 100 charts so manually updating the Source Data is tim consuming-as the cell references are the ...

Refreshing Chart
Hi I am using VBA code in Access to send revenue figures per month for th year to Excel there is a chart which shows this information already i Excel which just updates when the new information is sent. There i also calculated fields in Excel which calculate the revenue by quarte this is also graphed. The problem is that although the quarterly data updates when ne information is sent, the graph which plots it does not. I have trie the .refresh command on the chart but this does nothing. Can anyone suggest anything ? Cheers Bria ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Messag...

Data source name not found and no default driver specified 01-02-08
I have created an exe that uses an Access database on a CD as a data source. Obviously, we can't be sure we can create a DSN on the user's machine, so we use a DSN'less connection. The CD was released almost two years ago, but now I have a user reporting that the database gives this error when the program attempts to retrieve records: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified I'm not sure what to make of this, since I'm not using a DSN. I had her download the MDAC Component Checker, and she reports her version info...