Chart - Line Column on 2 Axes Question

Hello,

I created a line column chart on 2 axis.  I have four data
sets.  The first 3 should go on the primary Y axis as
columns and the 4th should go on the secondary Y axis as a
line.  However, Excel wants to automatically put both the
3rd and 4th data sets on the secondary axis as lines.  I
cannot find any command to change the 3rd data set to go
onto the primary axis as a column.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated!

-Patty
0
anonymous (74717)

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 13:27:33 -0800, Patty =

> Hello,
>
> I created a line column chart on 2 axis.  I have four data
> sets.  The first 3 should go on the primary Y axis as
> columns and the 4th should go on the secondary Y axis as a
> line.  However, Excel wants to automatically put both the
> 3rd and 4th data sets on the secondary axis as lines.  I
> cannot find any command to change the 3rd data set to go
> onto the primary axis as a column.
>
> Any suggestions would be most appreciated!
>
> -Patty

Select the third data set, go to the menu and click Format | Selected da=
ta =

series | Axis tab.  Select the primary axis.

With the third data set selected, click Chart | Chart Type and pick the =

appropriate column type.

-- =

Dave
dvt at psu dot edu
0
dvt_spam (111)
11/11/2003 9:46:05 PM
Thanks Dave!  I didn't know about your second suggestion,
that you could change how a particular data set is viewed.
Appreciate your help!

0
anonymous (74717)

SUM 2 COLumns values with common names in another columns
> hi > how can i sum 2 columns from 2 tables having in common the same names > by side of the numbers to sum? hi how can i sum 2 columns from 2 tables having in common the same names by side of the numbers to sum? table1 column1 column2 1 a 2 b 3 c 4 d 5 e 6 f 7 g 8 h 9 i table2 col1 col2 1 b 2 d 3 a 4 f 5 c 6 f 7 g 8 h table3 col1 ...

SetActiveView question
Got a problem with program control of the active view. I've got a magnify input in the main frame which only applies to one of the 4 views on the screen. So I have to make sure that it is active before I apply the magnification. Seemed reasonably straight forward, I store the view pointer, pview, when it is created at startup, in my root program and then when the user types in the magnification box, get the pview , do a SetActiveView(pview) and then call the pview->DoMagnify() routine I wrote. Things don't behave the way I expected. 1) none of the values I set in the view creation ...

question
I am using windows vista home premium 32 bit and my copy and paste process doesn't works and the spelling check neither how do i make them work? On Fri, 24 Aug 2007 10:32:03 -0700, Andres wrote: > I am using windows vista home premium 32 bit and my copy and paste process > doesn't works and the spelling check neither how do i make them work? You have posted this message to the wrong newsgroup. The access in this groups name refers to Microsoft Access, a database program. Please repost to the correct newsgroup for the Windows Vista program you are using. -- Fred Please resp...

Legend on Chart

Out of Office doesn't reply the external mails after migration from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003 #2
After I have made an In-Place migration of Exchange server with all of the mailboxes on it without using exmerge, the Out-of-Office of most of the old users, which are created before migration, replies only the internal mails but no more external mails. The Out-of -Office of the new users, which are created after migration, works however very well. Using Mdbvu32.exe (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/248709/en-us) I have removed the inbox rules (each row with CB items, OOF Rules or MSFT:TDX OOF Rules under "Associated Messages in Fld") and even all rules in an inbox under it. But thi...

Demographic chart?

Excel help #2
Hi - I'm pretty familiar with most stuff in excel and I'd say I'm an intermediate user. I would like to learn how to do vba in excel. Does anyone know of any online help or tutorials that would teach me? If possible, I would like interactive suggestions. Thanks in advance. Newtechie David McRitchie's "Getting Started". Note links to other sites at the boittom of the page. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm VBA Tutorial from Microsoft. http://support.microsoft.com/support/excel/content/vba101/default.asp There are many more, but these sho...

How do I make all columns resize to
Thanks again for the super smart folks in this place, that have pulled me out of a few sticky situations Got a new one today.. I have about 6 columns in my sheet. I want to be able to resize the first column on my JAN sheet, and the changes reflect on all of the following months. I'd like to make the next column about 1/3 that size, and the following months follow suit. How can I do this, other than going through and resizing them all manually Thanks in advance - Rightmer Hi could only be done manually or with a macro. So you're probably faster doing this manually :-) -- Regards F...

Charting/ Graph question

Chart in Chart

save a resualts calculation in one column
Dear members, I have one problem for save and record for resualts of calculation on formula in cells of one column.any time i repeat calculation, th resualt save in first cell(link cell) and not move to below cell ,i the other word ,i want for any calculation by formula resualts save i next cell(without change of last try ). Thanks ras_mi -- ras-mi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ras-mir's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1537 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26994 Hi r...

How do I create a chart....

Date Problem #2
When I type 31/11/03 in a cell it will not follow the same format as the rest of the dates I have typed in. Can anyone please tell me why? I am using Excel from Office 2000 on XP Home Operating System. If that is referring to the 31st of November, unless there is a new leap year for November, Excel would be confused. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Gary Pickett" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A29ECE7C-4333-4D8D-818F-EF29CD835845@microsoft.com... > When I type 31/11/03 in a cell it will not follow the same format as the rest ...

How toChange color of first letter inEach word ofA column at once
Just imagine cell A1 "all". Now imagine cell A2 containing "ball" and then cell A3 containing "call" and so on for many more words in this A column. How can I change the color of just the first letter of every word in this column? As long as the cell contains text (not a formula and not a number), you can highlight the first letter of each cell in the formulabar and use Format|Cells (xl2003 menus) to change the font color. You could use a macro to do the work, too: Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim myCell As Range Dim myRng As Range ...

Chart items moving around

exchange script question (cross posted)
i need to use vbscript to query particular exchange servers to return the number of mailboxes any particular mailbox store contains. anyone have an example? thanks You can query AD for ((objectClass=user)(mailnickname=*)(homeMDB=distinguishedName of Mailbox Store)) -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Jimmy" <j@j.j> wrote in message news:%238vwZRS0GHA.4772@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >i need to use vbscript to query particular exchange servers to return the >...

How a row or column can be fixed so as no person can click inside
i want to know that how can a person fix a row or a column in excel as u have done in ur templates for eg. in invioice , time etc. u have not allowed any person to even click in the cell where there is a formula. how u have done this. First, you select the cells the user can change. Then Format/Cells, select the Protection tab, and uncheck Locked. Then go to Tools/Protection and protect the worksheet. You'll have options there as to what the user can and can't do. One is to disallow selecting locked cells. On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 22:03:01 -0700, vineshwar <vineshwar@discussions.mi...

Adding amount from 1 colum depending on # piece amount in colum 2
L8 through L14 has $amount, N8 through N14 has # of pieces. I need N15 to have the total $amount. Example L8 N8 23.00 2 14.00 0 5.00 1 N!4 51.00 I have searched and found a few examples but had a lot more involvement Thanks Thanks Mike What you appear to be doing can be a very simple calculation of =L8*N8+L9*N9+L10*N10 (in your given figures) but that is not a satisfactory way to handle this problem. You should be using a column which calculates the total value of each row and...

Numeric Column Notation in EXCEL 2007
My EXCEL 2007 has switched to Numeric column notation and I can't switch find how to switch it back to Alphameric. As it sits, cell designations must be written R1C1, R1C2 etc. rather than A1,B1 etc. HELP. I know this sounds simple but EXCEL 2007 is substantially different from earlier versions: There is no "tools" There is no "default." I need help to set it back. -- wwnexcelerator Click the Office button (top left corner), choose Excel Options, Formula tab. There it is. -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "wwells" <wwells@di...

Get $500 To Your PAYPAL Account In Just A Minutes #2
Do you need some extra money right now? Would you be interested to get $500 daily Paypal Money through some genuine tricks from home internet ? Get Money Online for FREE! Get started in the next few minutes without FEES..... Yes Absolutely ... This TRICK is absolutely FREE for all..... See the FORM for details on how to get $500 to your account. Due to some Premises I Have Hidden the FORM in an IMAGE ...... CLICK on the IMAGE which is BELOW the SEARCH BOX http://www.webinfos4all.euro.st ...

How To Chart A Formula in Excel 2007

Newbie Question Please
Hi, How can I see the structure the web page. I can't find any menu item that shows the pages and how they are linked. For instance, I have 7 pages including the main page, but the toolbar shows 14 pages. How can I see where these pages are in the hierarchy? In Frontpage there was a graphical tree view that showed you the website structure. Thanks Look in the folder where you publish the website. -- "If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there!" Thanks, I did that but that's not what I was looking for. As I mentioned, in Frontpage ther...