Chart is shaded when not selected

I am using XL 2003 SP1. I created a stacked column chart that is located on
the same page as the data. When I click off of the chart, it is completely
shaded, you cannot see any of the chart detail.  When I select the chart you
can see the entire chart as you normally would.  I have checked the
properties for the chart, the background is white, and everything else seems
to be in order.  If I choose the location of the chart to be on a separate
tab, this does not happen.  Any ideas?
0
mttt (1)

Choose Options on the Tools menu, click on the View tab, and under
Objects, choose Show All.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

mttt wrote:

> I am using XL 2003 SP1. I created a stacked column chart that is located on
> the same page as the data. When I click off of the chart, it is completely
> shaded, you cannot see any of the chart detail.  When I select the chart you
> can see the entire chart as you normally would.  I have checked the
> properties for the chart, the background is white, and everything else seems
> to be in order.  If I choose the location of the chart to be on a separate
> tab, this does not happen.  Any ideas?

Legend on Chart

Demographic chart?

Excel 2007 Line Chart with Markers

Multiple Selecting Problem
Hi, I'm trying to select multiple accounts to send direct mail to...normally ctrl + click multiple accounts would do this. When I ctrl + click it opens a new browser window instead of selecting another account. This seems to only be problem on my computer. How do I fix this? Check your mouse settings to make sure you haven't changed the functions of the buttons on it -- Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Dan B" wrote: > Hi, > I'm trying to select multiple accounts to send direct mail to...normally > ctrl + click multiple accoun...

Charting/ Graph question

To have selected the year on combo box
Hello, The following crosstab query can produce the name of our church offices sideway ( year to year comparison), but how can we make it to seledt the year on combo, and then the report will produce it for the last 5 years: since my landscape report can only accomodate for 5 years while my data is already 10 years These is my query: TRANSFORM First(PelayanJemaatbyYear.NamaPel) AS FirstOfNamaPel SELECT PelayanJemaatbyYear.Nurut, PelayanJemaatbyYear.BidangPelayanan, PelayanJemaatbyYear.CountOfBidangPelayanan, First(PelayanJemaatbyYear.NamaPel) AS [Total Of NamaPel] FROM Pel...

Chart in Chart

How do I create a chart....

Change Subform based on record selection
Hi, I have a main form. On this main form there is a subform1 with a list of questions listed in datasheet view. Ideally, I would like there to be another subform2 that updates based on the selected record. For example, in subform1- I select the statement "Enter your age details," then subform2 will change to have a textbox for Age, DOB, Time of Birth, etc. Then when I select another statement from subform1, subform2 will change again. Is there any way to accomplish this? Or is there a better suggestion to gather specific information from a user based on the question t...

Chart items moving around

How to deselect individual cells after selecting them with CTL-Cli
I would like to know if it is possible to deselect 1 cell after selecting many cells using the CTL-Click method. For example, you are indivdually selecting cells in a worksheet and you accdidently select a cell you dont need, how can you deselect that one cell without deselecting all of them and starting over again? This is not a standard Excel option but Chip Pearson has some macros to do this: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/unselect.htm Your best bet would be to add these to your Personal Macro workbook so that they are available to all open workbooks in Excel. Hope this helps Rowan...

How To Chart A Formula in Excel 2007

create chart from external application
Hi, I would like to know if this is possible.... I have an application that contains an hierarchical chart. I would like to export this data into a format that Visio can *understand*, and then import it into Visio and have it display in a hierarchical manner. Does any body know if this is possible to do. .....or, if there is another way of getting my data into Visio, can you please let me know. Thanks. Here is an article that describes how to automate the org chart wizard, and how to format your data: http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/2002/articles/spotlight5_July00.aspx Hope ...

select all non-blank cells from different workbook
hi again, I need a macro to select and copy all non-blank cells from Sheet1 FROM one workbook, then paste these cells into a different workbook, sheet2 at Cell A1. thanks much! Just to clarify, is the data in sheet1 in orderly manner and what do you mean about sheet2? How does the data need to be on the sheet2? Rgrds, Kristiina -- I help with Excel and PowerPoint Office ToDo http://www.officetodo.com ...

Criteria to Select "*" but exclude "?"
I have been successful in selecting records in a table that bear the word, "manager" in one field. I also need to exclude records in the same table that bear the word, "nurse", in the same field. Nothing like, <Like "manager" AND NOT Like "Nurse"> has worked, and clearly I don't know the syntax for this selection criterion. If this is clear, could somebody make a suggestion? Thanks. Don. On Mon, 4 Jan 2010 14:22:01 -0800, PlarfySoober <PlarfySoober@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have been succes...

Conditional Formating Based on Selection in a Combo Box
Hello, I am using Excel 2003. I have a combo box at the end of each row where you can select one of eight options. What i would like to do is when an option is selected the row changes to a particular colour. Is there any way to do this? Hi Adrian Do you mean a combo box from Control toolbox or a drop down..If that is a combo box then link each combobox to the cell behind say in Column J..and follow the below instructions to conditional format the cells 1. Select the cell/Range (say A1:J10). Please note that the row number referenced in the formula is the row with ...

print a chart over multiple pages
I am trying to stretch a chart over multiple pages, but i just can't get it to work. I have tried all i can think including attempting to print areas individually. Any ideas? i'm using excel 2003. Thanks Hi, If the chart is on a chart page, this will not work. If the chart is embedded on a sheet, and you select the chart, it will not work. What you need to do is embed the chart and then select the range "behind - under" the chart, then you can use all of the print options, thereby printing one chart across multiple pages. Cheers, Shane "OEB1527" <O...

Embed Chart
Is it possible to link a chart into my current worksheet like an embedded chart (or something)? Thanx. Brian - I'm not sure what you're asking. If you copy a chart from one workbook (or worksheet) and paste it into another, it will retain its links to the original source of its data. You can change its source data (to its new parent worksheet) using Source Data from the Chart menu. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/index.html _______ briank wrote: > Is it possible to link a chart into my current worksheet > like an...

Names on a Bubble Chart
Hi There, I am wondering on how I can put the "names" on my bubbles...? I've the following data where I would like to make a bubble chart with ... The bubble chart in itself works fine, I just do not manage to get the corresponding name (Product1, 2,...) on each bubble: NS AGP Growth Product1 9,052,494 22 (31) Product2 1,574,341 32 (25) Product3 1,759,511 3 (45) Product4 1,539,132 13 (69) Any thoughts? Jen ...

Printing selected rows #2
I have an Excel Spreadsheet with ~40,000 rows. I only want to prin rows in which there is a value in Column A. Is there a way to do thi without having to do sort first? I do not want to change the format o the document. Thanks for any help -- maacmaa ----------------------------------------------------------------------- maacmaac's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=295 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49184 Select column A. data|filter|Autofilter filter to show non-blanks Print your stuff data|filter|show all ...