Chart does not print properly even if shows ok in page break previ

When I have a worksheet which includes a chart that is big in size and then I 
want it to print in one page then I use the fit to function in the page 
property window and select either a percentage or the number of pages (i.e, 
tall x wide).  

Once I print  or do print preview the cells are shrunk so the fit to 
whatever size I requested but somehow the chart does not shrink.  I looks as 
if it is an independent object. This is deceiving particularly in the page 
break preview which does show that my chart will fit inside my page but when 
I print it does something completely different. Excel 2003 did not have this 
problem I just noticed it in excel 2007. 
0
Rontamale (2)
9/18/2009 8:06:01 PM
excel.charting 18370 articles. 0 followers. Follow

3 Replies
382 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 14

My charts resize just fine when I used Fit to 1 Page
Is your chart verrrrry large?
best wishes

-- 
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP
http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme
remove caps from email


"Rontamale" <Rontamale@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:C234FD46-2C09-4A5A-892D-87C407511761@microsoft.com...
> When I have a worksheet which includes a chart that is big in size and 
> then I
> want it to print in one page then I use the fit to function in the page
> property window and select either a percentage or the number of pages 
> (i.e,
> tall x wide).
>
> Once I print  or do print preview the cells are shrunk so the fit to
> whatever size I requested but somehow the chart does not shrink.  I looks 
> as
> if it is an independent object. This is deceiving particularly in the page
> break preview which does show that my chart will fit inside my page but 
> when
> I print it does something completely different. Excel 2003 did not have 
> this
> problem I just noticed it in excel 2007. 


0
bliengme (657)
9/19/2009 5:40:56 PM
nope, my chart is small.  But you gave me an idea.  I asked a coworker to try 
one of my files that I know have this problem and in his computer everything 
looked ok.   It must be that my excel 2007 is corrupted.  I know my IT dept 
will opt to reinstall the whole thing since it would be very unlikely that 
they can find the root cause.  
thanks for the help.

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

> My charts resize just fine when I used Fit to 1 Page
> Is your chart verrrrry large?
> best wishes
> 
> -- 
> Bernard V Liengme
> Microsoft Excel MVP
> http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme
> remove caps from email
> 
> 
> "Rontamale" <Rontamale@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:C234FD46-2C09-4A5A-892D-87C407511761@microsoft.com...
> > When I have a worksheet which includes a chart that is big in size and 
> > then I
> > want it to print in one page then I use the fit to function in the page
> > property window and select either a percentage or the number of pages 
> > (i.e,
> > tall x wide).
> >
> > Once I print  or do print preview the cells are shrunk so the fit to
> > whatever size I requested but somehow the chart does not shrink.  I looks 
> > as
> > if it is an independent object. This is deceiving particularly in the page
> > break preview which does show that my chart will fit inside my page but 
> > when
> > I print it does something completely different. Excel 2003 did not have 
> > this
> > problem I just noticed it in excel 2007. 
> 
> 
> 
0
Rontamale (2)
9/22/2009 8:04:06 PM
I have the same problem, regardless of the size of the chart. Did your 
reinstall fix your problem?

"Rontamale" wrote:

> nope, my chart is small.  But you gave me an idea.  I asked a coworker to try 
> one of my files that I know have this problem and in his computer everything 
> looked ok.   It must be that my excel 2007 is corrupted.  I know my IT dept 
> will opt to reinstall the whole thing since it would be very unlikely that 
> they can find the root cause.  
> thanks for the help.
> 
> "Bernard Liengme" wrote:
> 
> > My charts resize just fine when I used Fit to 1 Page
> > Is your chart verrrrry large?
> > best wishes
> > 
> > -- 
> > Bernard V Liengme
> > Microsoft Excel MVP
> > http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme
> > remove caps from email
> > 
> > 
> > "Rontamale" <Rontamale@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> > news:C234FD46-2C09-4A5A-892D-87C407511761@microsoft.com...
> > > When I have a worksheet which includes a chart that is big in size and 
> > > then I
> > > want it to print in one page then I use the fit to function in the page
> > > property window and select either a percentage or the number of pages 
> > > (i.e,
> > > tall x wide).
> > >
> > > Once I print  or do print preview the cells are shrunk so the fit to
> > > whatever size I requested but somehow the chart does not shrink.  I looks 
> > > as
> > > if it is an independent object. This is deceiving particularly in the page
> > > break preview which does show that my chart will fit inside my page but 
> > > when
> > > I print it does something completely different. Excel 2003 did not have 
> > > this
> > > problem I just noticed it in excel 2007. 
> > 
> > 
> > 
0
foibles (1)
10/29/2009 3:13:02 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Excel Content Type issue, shows default not assigned type.
Question about the way Content Types work between Word and Excel. I have a several content types set up 6 using Excel and one using Word. I'm seeing a weird behavior, where when I associated the content types with a document library, and select new on the Toolbar. In the document properties panel, the Word document shows the content type that is assigned however the Excel documents show the document libraries default content type, and there are no options to change it until I save the document. Steps 1. I create a library to house the documents used as templates for the ...

Legend on Chart
I am updating chart that includes three years of data and want to add 2008. The data has transferred, but the legend shows 2007,2008,2006. How can I get 2008,2007,2006 in order in the legend? Change the order of the series. Double click on one series, and go to the Series Order tab. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Double L" <Double L@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4CAE4FE5-4390-4D48-BF68-CAA1CDA2BC65@microsoft.com... >I am updating char...

Demographic chart?
Hi, I need to create a demographic chart in Excel, but I can't find the proper chart type. Is there a suitable chart type? I've gone through all options I can think of for a regular bar chart. (In my world, a demographic chart is a bar chart with the values pointing in two different directions... Not very complicated, but Excel doesn't seem to agree with me!) Does anyone know of an adequate solution? BR - Aggie Hi, They are also known as Tornado charts or population pyramids. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/tornadochart.html http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/software/torna...

Excel 2007 files not opening properly..
I have Office 2007 installed.. the one that doesn't come with Outlook. So, I'm still using Outlook 2003. When I double click an XLS file to open it, Excel opens and the file never opens. I have to goto FILE, OPEN, then hit CANCEL and the file will display. This only happens for Excel. Word 2007 works fine. I have tried to uninstall the software and reinstall it, but it did not fix the problem. Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it? We have Office 2007 on a few computers and I'm the only one with this problem. I found a fix for the problem, which seemed to...

Excel 2007 Line Chart with Markers
I'm using a Line Chart With Markers tracking 4 data lines: Red with Circles Black with Squares Blue with Diamonds Yellow with Triangles The yellow with triangles is very light and doesn't show very well in my PP presentation. I would like to change the color of just that one line. How do I do that? Click on that series in the chart, and right click, format series. You should now be able to change the color of the series. -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "Bishop" wrote: > I'm using a Line Chart With Markers...

*.zip files not showing up in Insert File dialog box
Hello all, My boss is trying to attach a ZIP file to an email. But when she navigates to the folder with the ZIP files (and she is showing all files *.*), the ZIP files are not showing up in the Insert File dialog box. We can go to the folder in Windows Explorer and we see the ZIP files there. She is using MS Outlook 2003 SP1. I have showed her a work around so she can attach the files (dragging), but I'm curious as to why they are not showing up in the Insert File diag. box. Any help will be greatly appreciated, Conan Kelly I've seen this just once and am told a reboo...

quick charting question for similar charts on multiple sheets
Hi, just wondering if there is a quick solution to my problem. I have several charts, all virtually identical except for the data values in them, and i have one chart per sheet, and about 100 sheets. The problem is that some charts are positioned slightly different on their respective sheets then others on other sheets, although some are identical from sheet to sheet aswell. Just wondering if there is a quick way to select them all, line them up identically on each sheet, with all the same size/formating etc.? Thanks. -- Boon8888 -----------------------------------------------------...

Charting/ Graph question
Hi all I'd like to visually display a table that contains the following table structure StaffName Software 1 Skill Level Software 2 Skill Level (10 software titles >) (around 50-60 people) What i'd like to is output a simple visual output that shows me how many people are at a particular level for the each software (but all on one chart). I imagined that it may be nice to see blobs based on the size of the number of staff at a particular skill level for the specific software. However i am not sure if this is the right way to represent this data. I've created a se...

Chart in Chart
Hi I currently using a 3 line chart, which is controlled by a scroll bar What I need is to have a smaller chart, but magnified of the visabl data for a period of days within the chart timeline. All I need to kno is how to add a addional line chart in and excisting chart. Hope you can assist Thie -- Thie ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Thiem's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2747 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49068 Hi, You can embed charts within a chartsheet but y...

How do I create a chart....
I would like to create a chart that counts the exact number of a specific name compared to other names. The names are in the same column but each cell may contains a differnt name and I would like to count how many times each name appears in the column and then compare them in a graph. try selecting the column (A)? <data><Filter><advanced filter> select unique values select a cell for the data to start (C1) hit enter inD1 enter =countif(A:A,C1) hit enter and copy down to the end of the C Column. "awright" wrote: > I would like to create a chart that counts ...

charts: 1. link to a cell in chart titles, 2. custom chart template
hello, 1. how can i make a link to a cell in chart title, category axis & value axis? i'd like to know how to make a title like eg below: 'Average revenues [=B2], [=B3]' <- in line below (smaller font size than in line above) 2. how can i make a my own chart (custom type) by making a own template (how to make a template, and how to implement it to excel custom types charts) i am interested in making types similar denkin diagram (similar to radar type) or leontief branch flow matrix (similar to x-y plot with columns and rows with second x axis and second y axis) is there a...

Make Exec work properly (error messages on start and exit)
Whenever entering Exec, I get the error message: Microsoft Visual Basic: Compile error in hidden module: AutoExecNew. on exit, the error message reads: Microsoft Visual Basic: Compile error in hidden module: DistMon. Annoying! Try a little testing before next release... I am running Excel 2003 (11.6355.6360) SP1 Try a little more research the time, MS can be blamed for many things but hardly for badly written 3rd party add-ins http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307410 Regards, Peo Sjoblom "TorG 8-((" wrote: > Whenever entering Exec, I get the error message: Microsoft ...

PRINT PREVIEW PROBLEM #3
I am unable to view my entire page when opening "Print Preview." Only about 3/4 of the page shows. HELP!! ...

Chart items moving around
Hi everybody! I have posted this before but I never got any replies so I did some testing myself. I I want to share what I have found out with you and it would be great to hear if someone else recognizes this. Background: I have a number of embedded charts on a scorecard sheet that gets updated from several sources. I run this scorecard for different business units, take pictures of the scorecards and put in another Excel file that I later make a PDF of. Problem: After running this a few times, I find that my chart legends have moved around a bit and that some plot areas have been resi...

Split Transactions not Showing in Expense Reports (MNY2007)
Hi .. I'm a long time Quicken user thinking of moving from Q2002 H&B to Money 2007 H&B since I was able to get that version. I converted my file and all seemed ok. I'm now comparing reports from Q to Mny, and they're not adding up. So far I've found that several split transactions (and I assume all) do not show up in my report. For example, I split a $100 cash debit between $10 parking expense and $40 meals. The remaining $50 is uncategorized. The parking and meals do not show up in my report. To me, the transaction looks good. I've got other parking & meals tr...

Combination of stock chart and line chart
Dose anyone know how to plot a stock chart and a line chart together in combination ? I tried but can't seem to do it, is it possible in Excel ? One way is stock chart with open, high, low and close plus volume but I need to plot 2 other lines. Thanks, Hiromichi Hiromichi - I have written an explanation on this web page: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/StockChartPlus.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ hwatari wrote: > Dose anyone know how to plot a stock chart and a...

Printing Multiple Copies
When in publisher 2002 and we ask it to print multiple copies, publisher prints the same publication several times, rather than send it to the printer once and let the printer generate the copies. The printer is an HP Color LaserJet 4550DN. The latest printer driver from HP is loaded on the computer (Runing Windows 2000). Thanks in Advance --Sam Just another HP issue - situation normal and don't expect a fix from HP. They have your money for the printer and that is all they care about. You will be incredibly fortunate if you get any assistance from HP on this matter. Next time you p...

Bcc and printing a sent message
I am using Outlook 2003 (SP1). I sent a message with several names in the BCC. I would like to print a hard copy showing all recipients (including the BCC's) for my files. Can anyone tell me how to print showing the BCC recipients? Thanks, Cyn ...

Simple State Diagram flow chart in Visio?
I am trying to make a very simple State Chart Diagram in Visio. I'm not sure if I should just use the basic flow chart or not, as I'm not familar with UML. I simply want to describe a software program that will move two one of four "states" based on some conditions, then loop back around. I am not opposed to just making a flow chart but was hoping to make it look a little more "professional" using a State Diagram. The examples seem rather complicated, I don't want to have to define variables and all that using UML, I just want to show the four "states...

How To Chart A Formula in Excel 2007
I'm looking to plot multiple formulas on a single chart, and came across a thread from 8/12/2005 for earlier versions of Excel for a single function, which causes errors when recreated in 2007. Error is A Formula in this worksheet contains one or more invalid references Verify that your formulas contain a valid path, workbook, range name, and cell reference I presume its due to changes in 2007, and possibly the Evaluate formula as I cant find it listed in 2007. Is there a new technique that avoids the error? Thanks Very Much for any help. Kris In column A we have...

Cascading Combos in Data Access Page [DAP]
In DAP, can I have 1 control [courses] affect other 2 controls [course_date_1st_choice] and [course_date_2nd_choice]. I usually do this in Form by using Select Case but i need to know how i can manage to do it in DAP. Any help please? It's very complicated to do that in DAP. You should post in the official DAP newsgroup but this newsgroup is practically dead because very few people are still using them but Ken Snell is still often answering questions there. By looking at an old DAP file that I have here, I see that for doing this, I was storing the value of the combo...

Can't change pt. size in a 3-D Format Chart
For some reason, I am not able to change the width and height point sizes when I am trying to apply 3-D formatting to a chart in Excel. I try to type the numbers in, but the pt size just defaults back to 0. My husband thought it may have been a stuck number key somewhere, so I turned the computer off and rebooted. No change. Any ideas? Thanks! Point sizes of the whole chart? What's wrong with a good old 2D chart? You won't have this kind of problem, and you won't distort the data you're plotting, either. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services,...

create chart from external application
Hi, I would like to know if this is possible.... I have an application that contains an hierarchical chart. I would like to export this data into a format that Visio can *understand*, and then import it into Visio and have it display in a hierarchical manner. Does any body know if this is possible to do. .....or, if there is another way of getting my data into Visio, can you please let me know. Thanks. Here is an article that describes how to automate the org chart wizard, and how to format your data: http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/2002/articles/spotlight5_July00.aspx Hope ...

print a chart over multiple pages
I am trying to stretch a chart over multiple pages, but i just can't get it to work. I have tried all i can think including attempting to print areas individually. Any ideas? i'm using excel 2003. Thanks Hi, If the chart is on a chart page, this will not work. If the chart is embedded on a sheet, and you select the chart, it will not work. What you need to do is embed the chart and then select the range "behind - under" the chart, then you can use all of the print options, thereby printing one chart across multiple pages. Cheers, Shane "OEB1527" <O...

Folder appears to not be there but it still shows it is present
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_07B3_01C688BC.561677A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Anybody know why I'm seeing the following error? E:\SOFTWARE refers to a location that is unavailable. It could be on a = hard drive on this computer, or on a network. Check to make sure that = the disk is properly insterd, or... This error pops up after I click on the folder "software" on my E drive. = I see it on the drive. Nobody's deleted, done anything to it. It drew = my...