chart by cell color or *

We have an excel 2002 shared workbook that we use to keep track of our
capacity for incoming patients. The cells are color coded for each different
insurance.
How can i build a chart to show how many of each insurance we have taken in
each week. Some of the cells will contain a *, that we'd like to be able to
have in the chart as well.
The cell range looks like this. ='2268 SEATTLE'!$B$5:$H$13,'2268
SEATTLE'!$B$17:$H$25,'2268 SEATTLE'!$B$35:$H$43,'2268
SEATTLE'!$B$47:$H$55,'2268 SEATTLE'!$B$65:$H$73,'2268
SEATTLE'!$B$77:$H$85,'2268 SEATTLE'!$B$95:$H$103,'2268 SEATTLE'!$B$107:$H$115
 We would like to be able to keep track of each one. Can this be done?
--
NealMed
0

Legend on Chart

Demographic chart?

Excel 2007 Line Chart with Markers

Conditional formatting in a cell formula
I am constructing a workbook which will hold a full season's fixtures and results as the season progresses. As there are 16 teams in the competition, there are 8 lines per week's results (home team and away team per line). To simplify things, basically this is how each week will look: [Best viewed in a fixed pitch font] | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 A | Home Team 1 | Pts For | Pts Agst | Away Team 1 | Pts For | Pts Ag [....] H | Home Team 8 | Pts For | Pts Agst | Away Team 8 | Pts For | Pts Ag Using Format | Conditional Formatting, I have set th...

Charting/ Graph question

Chart in Chart

How do I create a chart....

How toChange color of first letter inEach word ofA column at once
Just imagine cell A1 "all". Now imagine cell A2 containing "ball" and then cell A3 containing "call" and so on for many more words in this A column. How can I change the color of just the first letter of every word in this column? As long as the cell contains text (not a formula and not a number), you can highlight the first letter of each cell in the formulabar and use Format|Cells (xl2003 menus) to change the font color. You could use a macro to do the work, too: Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim myCell As Range Dim myRng As Range ...

Chart items moving around

How To Chart A Formula in Excel 2007

select all non-blank cells from different workbook
hi again, I need a macro to select and copy all non-blank cells from Sheet1 FROM one workbook, then paste these cells into a different workbook, sheet2 at Cell A1. thanks much! Just to clarify, is the data in sheet1 in orderly manner and what do you mean about sheet2? How does the data need to be on the sheet2? Rgrds, Kristiina -- I help with Excel and PowerPoint Office ToDo http://www.officetodo.com ...

create chart from external application
Hi, I would like to know if this is possible.... I have an application that contains an hierarchical chart. I would like to export this data into a format that Visio can *understand*, and then import it into Visio and have it display in a hierarchical manner. Does any body know if this is possible to do. .....or, if there is another way of getting my data into Visio, can you please let me know. Thanks. Here is an article that describes how to automate the org chart wizard, and how to format your data: http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/2002/articles/spotlight5_July00.aspx Hope ...

Merging cells not working.
Working with Excel 2003. Merging cells isn't working anymore. Don't know the English words for the buttons. Format/Cells..... qualities (Ctrl+1)/ tab page "Alignment", choose "align cells" then OK See http://www.flickr.com/photos/10646001@N08/3043812497/ How can i restore this merging function? Sorry abt my English it is ±53 ago i learned it at school. And now we have also new "PC-words"!! Piedro -- He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask is a fool forever. #Chinese proverb# How are you selecting that range (A1:D1)...

Quick view of Cell References??
Is there a way to get a quick view of all the cells that have a formula that reference a particular cell? For example- If Sheet2!B3 is being used in 10 different formulas in 10 different cells, can I see that without manually checking? BTW, I thought Trace Dependents would work, however the arrows weren't to helpful, and it looks like it only traces on the current active worksheet, I need one to go across all worksheets. A list would be a lot easier to use then arrows. "Mariano" wrote: > Is there a way to get a quick view of all the cells that have a formula that >...

print a chart over multiple pages
I am trying to stretch a chart over multiple pages, but i just can't get it to work. I have tried all i can think including attempting to print areas individually. Any ideas? i'm using excel 2003. Thanks Hi, If the chart is on a chart page, this will not work. If the chart is embedded on a sheet, and you select the chart, it will not work. What you need to do is embed the chart and then select the range "behind - under" the chart, then you can use all of the print options, thereby printing one chart across multiple pages. Cheers, Shane "OEB1527" <O...

Embed Chart
Is it possible to link a chart into my current worksheet like an embedded chart (or something)? Thanx. Brian - I'm not sure what you're asking. If you copy a chart from one workbook (or worksheet) and paste it into another, it will retain its links to the original source of its data. You can change its source data (to its new parent worksheet) using Source Data from the Chart menu. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/index.html _______ briank wrote: > Is it possible to link a chart into my current worksheet > like an...

Names on a Bubble Chart
Hi There, I am wondering on how I can put the "names" on my bubbles...? I've the following data where I would like to make a bubble chart with ... The bubble chart in itself works fine, I just do not manage to get the corresponding name (Product1, 2,...) on each bubble: NS AGP Growth Product1 9,052,494 22 (31) Product2 1,574,341 32 (25) Product3 1,759,511 3 (45) Product4 1,539,132 13 (69) Any thoughts? Jen ...

locking in formatting in cells
Is it possible to set a format (such as number with no commas) so that users cannot change it by pasting in data? ...

Can't find formula for largest value in multiple cells
I'm trying to create a spreadsheet that pulls data from another spreadsheet in the same file as well as data from other files. In the attached spreadsheets, I have fields that find the largest value based on dates entered in multiple cells (ie. In my first spreadsheet, I have formulas to find the largest date on that page (=largest(xx:xx), and on my 'master' spreadsheet, I want to find the largest date from the formulas I just mentioned). The problem I'm finding is that excel won't let me include more than two cells in my last formula. It tells me I'm entering too much...

A Chart in a Chart ?
Is it possible to create a chart within another chart? If not - Is it possible to view a chart within another chart? Jim -- jamesasmithsr ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jamesasmithsr's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24101 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=377093 you can save a chart inside a second chart. Make the first chart and have it on its own sheet make the second chart and set its location as an object in the first chart sheet "jamesasmithsr" wrot...