change the colour of the "invert if negative" option in Excel

How do I change the colour of the "invert if negative" option for charts in
Excel? (e.g., use green for positive and red for negative numbers) Checking
the "invert if negative" box does change the colour, but without an option as
to what colour to be used
0
Luci (1)

Hi,

For explanation on how to control invert colour.
http://www.andypope.info/charts/Invertneg.htm

This approach is not possible in xl2007.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"Luci" <Luci@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I change the colour of the "invert if negative" option for charts
> in
> Excel? (e.g., use green for positive and red for negative numbers)
> Checking
> the "invert if negative" box does change the colour, but without an option
> as
> to what colour to be used

0
andy9699 (3616)

Changing color of negative bar when using Invert if negative
I have multiple bar charts in Excel 2007 that I am using the Invert if negative option. After right clicking on the bar of each chart and choosing "format data series" then "Fill" then "Invert if negative" all of the bars that are negative are changed to the color white or possible transparent. I can change the color of the positive bars but I can't find where to change the color of the negative bars from white. Anyone know how to change the color or the negative bar? Any help would be appreciated. You will need to adjust the fill effects for the series. And...

How do I change the colour of the "invert if negative" option for charts in Excel? (e.g., use green for positive and red for negative numbers) Checking the "invert if negative" box does change the colour, but without an option as to what colour to be used Hi, For explanation on how to control invert colour. http://www.andypope.info/charts/Invertneg.htm This approach is not possible in xl2007. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Luci" <Luci@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03173739-0D7A-4037-8C5...