change the color of points in 3D surface chart using VBA

I wanna change the color of single points in a 3d surface chart according to
a seperate value for each point (i.e. date, time, price chart with the
surface color representing the volume). I figured it out for 3d column charts
using the sereiesCollection(i).points method  but found no solution for a
surface chart.
Any ideas ?

Liontrader,

For the 3d surface chart, you have to go to the legend key to change the
colors.  Try something like this:

ActiveChart.Legend.LegendEntries(1).LegendKey.Interior.ColorIndex = 6
ActiveChart.Legend.LegendEntries(2).LegendKey.Interior.ColorIndex = 3

----
Regards,
John Mansfield
http://www.pdbook.com

"liontrader" wrote:

> I wanna change the color of single points in a 3d surface chart according to
> a seperate value for each point (i.e. date, time, price chart with the
> surface color representing the volume). I figured it out for 3d column charts
> using the sereiesCollection(i).points method  but found no solution for a
> surface chart.
> Any ideas ?

Excel Charts with attached comments option
It would be good if you could add a comment to a cell and have an option when charting that cell to either show the comment or not. The comment should then be linked to that specific data point. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com...

Postal Bar Coding & Using Outlook Address Book in Publisher
I would like to add bar coding to my envelopes but can't seem to find any help in Publisher for this feature. I'd also like to find a way to use my Outlook Address book in Publisher - can anyone help me. Thanks After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Sharon Fermer <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > I would like to add bar coding to my envelopes but can't seem to find > any help in Publisher for this feature. Read www.mvps.org/the_nerd/Publisher/FAQs.htm > I'd also like to find a way > to use my Outlook Address bo...

Changing vat rate calculation in Money 2006
I have enabled VAT calculations on my transactions in my accounts and the tax rate has changed but I can't find a way to change it in Money 2006. This is a database that has been upgraded over many versions and I'm sure I've changed this before in another version. I can see the old rate in some reports I print but for the life of me I can't find a setting in 2006. Anyone know of the way to change the Vat Rate? or is this another new feature ;(( -- Boyd In microsoft.public.money, Boyd Tucker wrote: >I have enabled VAT calculations on my transactions in my accou...

How do I change the activity preview pane?
For Phone and Task Preview forms, I have tried to add the Description field to the form, but I am not able to make the field span two columns. Does anyone know a way around this? We need a better way to quickly jump between activity information while we're on the phone with a contact. Should we be storing this type of information somewhere else? Our sales team is finding this a barrier and thinks MS CRM is nothing more than a glorified address book. They are pushing us to move to ACT, but I think it’s just a matter of using this system more efficiently. Thanks for your help/inp...

Save charts as Windows Metafiles
This has undoubtedly been asked before, but: Is there a method, plug-in tool, VB script or something that enables you to save Excel graphs as WMF or EMF files? Without first copy-pasting it into some drawing program and saving it there? Ideally, one would copy the graph to the clipboard, and then be able to access a dialogue direclty from/in Excel that lets you save it as a WMF file. Thanks for any suggestions you can provide! Jeroen Dekker jeroen@square1.nl ...

changing Exchange primary windows account
How To change primary Windows Account in exchange 5.5 mailbox, I have 3000 mailboxes in exchange 5.5 server. I want to change the primary windows account of all the users. can anybody suggest the faster way to do it.does anybody hv any tool. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;155414 Sri wrote: > How To change primary Windows Account in exchange 5.5 > mailbox, I have 3000 mailboxes in exchange 5.5 server. > I want to change the primary windows account of all the > users. > can anybody suggest the faster way to do it.does anybody > hv any tool. ...

Formatting Charts from Pivot Table...
I've created a pivot table/with chart. The default chart was a bar chart, which I've changed to a pie chart. The problem is I don't like the default colors so I've changed them to the way I like them; however, once I save the document they go back to the default colors. Is there any way to keep the revised colors, rather than the default colors? Thanks, KSL. ...

#VALUE! when using defined name
HELP!!! Problem: receive #VALUE! Using a defined NAME range In workbook MonthlyBudget09Mstr.xlsx are sheets 1209Sch and 1209 1209Sch contains all monthly entries, 1209 is the summary sheet. Defined name: HousingItems, ='1209Sch'!$L$83:$L$88, Values: {"1";"2";"3";"4";"5";"15"} Workbook <<from Name Manager L88 is a SUM function but I have remove L88 from range and still have problem Placing =HousingItems in cell B4 of sheet 1209 results in #VALUE! Error B4:B9 are empty Can copy and then paste 1209Sch L8...

Changing values in a value box
Hi all, I have a data set that looks like this: DATE A$ B$ A% B% mar-14 50 100 33 66 mar-21 100 100 50 50 mar-28 75 25 75 25 I want to chart the percentages by each date, but I want the "value" box to display the dollars. The only way I can think to trick the Excel chart is create 2 x-axises and hide the $ axis, but then the $ values don't match the height of the % columns. Is there a way to link the $ values to the % columns? Thanks. Josh, To chart only the percentages, select the Date column, and also the two % columns (drag throug...

Changing the Organization Name
I need to change my organization name in CRM, my license keys are registered under my Full Company Name and CRM was installed without the LLC. Note: The organization name created in the previous procedure (setting up CRM) must match the organization specified when your license key was obtained. When you do the install, the Org Name you specifiy needs to match the Org Name that was used for the License Keys. So, in your case, just install it w/o the LLC (assuming that's what your license keys are setup for). The v1.2 install shouldn't let you by the screen where you enter this ...

Charting data as 'boxes'
Hi All I have an x-y chart (y is a date axis) and a series of events happening along the x-axis. The x-axis is the position along a datum, and I'd like to show a 'box' starting at one x value through to a second x-value to define where the event is happening; then the top and bottom of the box define the start and finish dates. I can store the data in a table easily enough, [ID;Startx;Endx;Starty;Endy] but is it then possible to use it to define the four corners of a box and get it to draw a series of 'boxes' on a chart ?? Hope this makes sense ! Regards John P J...

Using Powerpoint 2007
PPS files on webpage open as PPT using PowerPoint 2007. Don't have this same issue when opening the same link from an Office 2003 computer, they run the show only. -- Miroshak ...

Changing a custom field length
We have created a custom section and there is a field (in that custom section) whose length has to be changed from 100 to 500 of nvarchar datatype, but the interface does not allow more than 100 for nvarchar. I couldnt modify the format of textbox to textarea as it is disabled nor i can change the datatype to another datatype. can anybody please help me with this?? Affy Unfortunately you'll have to recreate the field, as you can neither increse the length of a text field nor change it's format after it's been created. Then there's a question of what to do with any existing...

Use of Option Buttons
I have a main form where I display a record and associated fields. One of the fields is called 'source'. Currently, the source is linked to a one-to-one source table. No problem with this setup. However, I want to be able to assign and display multiple 'sources' for each main record. This ends up being a many-to-many relationship and, therefore, I have created the following tables (not all fields are listed). Program Table Prog_ID Program_Name Link Table Prog_ID Source_ID Source Table Source_ID Source_Name I want to display on the main form 'buttons' indicating ...

Get/Change operation on table 'SY_Error_Messages_MSTR'
Hi all, We upgraded from GP version 9 to version 10 over the past weekend. I have a user who is entering Payables Transactions and she is receiving the following message when she tries to enter a duplicate PO#.... Unhandled database exception: A get/change operation on table 'SY_Error_Messages_MSTR' cannot find the table. Invalid object name 'SY01700' So based on the error, the incorrect message is appearing to the user. Can I rebuild the SY01700 table? Is this really the issue? Any help would be greatly appeciated! Thanks, Lori The SY01700 Table holds the error mess...

Multiple Series Pie Charts
Is there a way to display multiple series pie charts in excel? Was thinking the Pie Charts could be displayed next to one another. Thanks, Chad Chad - Make a pie chart, not as a separate chart sheet, but located on a worksheet (a blank one, if you like). Make another and position it on the worksheet next to the first. Etc. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/index.html _______ Chad BATES wrote: > Is there a way to display multiple series pie charts in > excel? Was thinking the Pie Charts could be displayed > next to...

How to use OpenArgs
Hi all, a pop-up form is opened from a subform with this code: Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer) Dim strCustomerName As String Dim strBuildingNo As Long If IsNull(OpenArgs) = False Then Dim arrArgs() As String arrArgs = Split(Me.OpenArgs, "~") strCustomerName = arrArgs(0) strBuildingNo = arrArgs(1) End If End Sub It is working good and my array, arrArgs, is populating strCustomerName and strBuildingNo perfectly. If a new record is needed I use the following: Private Sub Form_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer) '...

Using (1), (2), (3), etc. in Risks and Issues Category values?
Do most of you use numbers, like (1), (2), (3), to define Category values for Risks and Issues to keep it "the same" as the out-of-the- box values for Status? Just curious. Thanks Andy Novak UNT Andy, I have used both with numbers and without for projects, based on the clients maturity. I would suggest if you want to make it as easy as possible to differentiate between the different risk and issues categories, put the number in, it makes it much easier to see. Alex. On Feb 20, 8:48=A0am, "ano...@unt.edu" <ano...@unt.edu> wrote: > Do most of y...

Using eseutil.exe
What is the best way to determine, if my store need to be defragged with eseutil. We have been running W2K3 Exch for about 7 months, we have removed a lot of information from the store (by forcing users to clean up their sent items and deleted items folders) yet the store remains so large the backup will not fit on 1 40GB tape. Is this an indication that I should use the utility? If the online defragmentation runs as part of the online maintenance that should run every evening then you may be able to tell from this, have a look at http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;...

Change in paste behaviout between Publisher 2000 and 2002-
I also have the same problem. I use publisher to print ID cards and every day paste about 100 images from a graphics program into the same sized text box in Publisher. With all versions of Publisher up to and including 2000 the pasted image would resize itself to the text frame. This being what I need. With Publisher 2002 onwards the pasted image pastes itself into a new frame on top of the existing image and much larger. I then have to delete the existing image and resize the new image, which takes much much longer than using Publisher 2000. If Microsoft provided an option somewhere to cho...

Error
My HR users are seeing a new error when trying to update one of the fields on the "Position Extra Fields" Screen (located at "Position Setup" Screen -> "Position Extra Fields" Screen) The error is "This employee record has been changed since you opened this window. Changes won't be saved." I can duplicated it also, even when signed in as admin. I tried tracing it but see nothing that helps. A SQL trace shows an attempted insert to HRPOS022 then next a Select to Dynamics..Sy01700 (holds the error messages) Ca...

Access chart
I created a chart but I need to show my total on the pie not just my legend. For example: In this pie shows the model number of the equipment, but it doesn't show me how many of them I purchased and that's what I need to show in addition to the model number. thanks It isn't clear what the pie chart is charting. You can set the labels to display a number of options. Did you "play" with this property? -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "naja" wrote: > I created a chart but I need to show my total on the pie not just my legend. > > For exam...

invalid use of property message
I am trying to cre4ate a macro that checks the value of a number of sheets to determine if they are already visible and if so it will not close them - With Sheets("Pay Inflation - Biometrics") Sheets ("Statistics") Sheets ("Direct Cost Savings Breakdown") Sheets ("OT Reduction") Sheets ("Nurse OT Reduction") Sheets ("Premium Labor Utilization") Sheets ("Pay inflation - Timestamp") Sheets ("Calculation Error") Sheets ("Le...

Auto expanding X Axis for Chart
I have a chart setup, currently with reference to 31 cells width. The chart looks great if the user places a value in each of the 31 cells, however if there are only say 20 values placed across the cell row, the chart is displayed over to one side, with nil values displayed where no dat values were entered. Is there a way to have the chart automatically vary the width depending on the amount of values entered across the refernced row of cells? If there was only 20 values entered, then the chart would show 1-20 charted and leave out the 21-31. Corey.... EXCEL 2007...

CHM Help using MFC and VC6
I'm not certain I'm in the right place, so please direct me if there is another forum where this question would be more appropriate. Two questions: 1) Migrating an existing application from using WinHelp to using HTML Help. 2) Building a new application to use HTML Help, using VS6 and MFC. Everything I've found in the MSDN so far is suggesting that building an application in VS6 to use HTML Help is a brutal and bloody process. The preferred approach seems to be use VS.Net. This doesn't make sense, since HTML Help existed long before VS.Net. I can't imagine ...