Change chart type in single data series, Excel 2007

I can't get it to change the chart type on a single data series in the new
Excel 2007.  The "change chart type" is grayed out.  Thank you,
0
momof3 (2)

What kind of chart is it? If it's a 3D chart, you can't change only one
series.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"momof3" <momof3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I can't get it to change the chart type on a single data series in the new
> Excel 2007.  The "change chart type" is grayed out.  Thank you,

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)
6/28/2007 6:31:43 PM
No, it is a 2-d.  Also, I got it to do it on another chart but this other one
doesn't have that option.

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

> What kind of chart is it? If it's a 3D chart, you can't change only one
> series.
>
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
> _______
>

> "momof3" <momof3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I can't get it to change the chart type on a single data series in the new
> > Excel 2007.  The "change chart type" is grayed out.  Thank you,

0
momof3 (2)
6/28/2007 6:42:04 PM
What kind of 2D chart is it then?

- Jon
-------

> No, it is a 2-d.  Also, I got it to do it on another chart but this other
> one
> doesn't have that option.
>
> "Jon Peltier" wrote:
>
>> What kind of chart is it? If it's a 3D chart, you can't change only one
>> series.
>>
>> - Jon
>> -------
>> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
>> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
>> Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com
>> _______
>>

>> "momof3" <momof3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I can't get it to change the chart type on a single data series in the
>> >new
>> > Excel 2007.  The "change chart type" is grayed out.  Thank you,

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

External data link change

getpivotdata in excel 2007
=+GETPIVOTDATA(pivot1,$A$3 & " " &B$2 & " " &A5) I'm trying to return pivot table data to another sheet. The range of the pivot table is called "pivot1" and the reference cells represent (name of doc), (date), (procedure type). I get a REF# I have spent hours already and need a solution fast. Please Fern wrote: > =+GETPIVOTDATA(pivot1,$A$3 & " " &B$2 & " " &A5) > > I'm trying to return pivot table data to another sheet. The range of the > pivot table is called "pivot1" and...

Why does the change change to a number?

Excel should have the option to merge contents when merging cells.
When Excel merges cells, it keeps only the upper-left-most contents and deletes the others. It would be nice to have the option (maybe a toggle button in the options menu) to concatenate the contents of all the merged cells, so that the information in the lower-right cells is tacked onto the end of the information inthe upper-left-most cell. This is not a big deal, but it would be a nice bell/whistle to save some steps. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I...

DST changes for Exchange 5.5

Track Changes

Position of New Excel Spreadsheet on screen
I have a number of password protected workbooks. The problem is, when I open one, it opens behind any currently on screen, so I have to close/minimise them to display the window where I input the password. Is there a setting where I can make sure all new workbooks open on top of those already open? I'm using W7 and Office 2007 ...

Line chart or scatter chart??
I have many sets of data for which the x-values run up from approx 60 to 100, and back down to 60ish. Each set of data consists of 200 points. I can happily display each set individually on a scatter chart, with the categories from, 60 (at point i=1)to 100 (i=100) to 60 (i=200). My probably occurs when I want to display two sets of data on the same graph. For each set, the x-values vary, for example another set could run from 65 to 95 then back to 65, but it still contains 200 points. Excel will only allow one set of values on the category axis, so only one data set will be correctly re...

more on VBA function name change

Simple EXCEL worksheet function
I am creating an EXCEL worksheet of people's names, company and location. I need to do a simple sort on name. When the list goes beyond 250, the sort function stops working. Is this a limitation of EXCEL? If so, can I continue the list on "Sheet 2", "Sheet 3" etc and still be able to sort through all the lists as if they are one? #1. Select the entire range you want to sort--don't let excel guess. I'm guessing that you have an empty row in the real range to sort and excel is guessing wrong. #2. Nope. Excel doesn't support this type of...

Filter contact records by customer type code in views
In version 1.2 I had set up several views of contact records by customer type code. In 3.0 this field cannot be selected as filtering criteria. While the views I had set up in 1.2 work, that cannot be changed. Is there a reason this field is no longer avialable under 3.0? This field is listed attribute. Is there a way to may it appear? Thanks for any help you can give. Brand Microsoft CRM Support maybe of help with this one, try submiting a incident for this. Good luck. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. www.workopia.com "Brand" wrote: > In version 1.2 I had set up several v...

How to change icon for my application

How to change newsgroup message font

CRM data migration 10-13-04
Is there an easy way to migrate data from one CRM server to another? I have looked through the Data Migration toolkit, but it seems to be geared more towards migrating Goldmine/Act/etc to CRM, by populating the cdf tables "manually". Thanks, Matt Matt wrote: > Is there an easy way to migrate data from one CRM server to another? > > I have looked through the Data Migration toolkit, but it seems to be geared > more towards migrating Goldmine/Act/etc to CRM, by populating the cdf tables > "manually". > > Thanks, > Matt You need to use Redeployme...

Adding Lines And Boxes, etc. To A Chart ?
Hello, Will blame it on my age. Using Excel 2007 (or, at least trying to) and XP. When I have a chart page opened up, how do I get it to show the bar on the bottom (that the real old versions had) that allows one to click on one of its icons shown to "draw" lines, arrowed lines, boxes, add text with a box, etc on the chart itself ? Thanks, Bob Hi, With the chart selected you can use the Insert tab > Illustrations > Shapes. To add shapes to the chart. Textbox is in the Text group of the Insert tab. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypo...

Change a formula to an acual number

how do i chart the data below
AAA ABB ACC 3/17/2006 4607 653 599 3/18/2006 4461 754 650 3/19/2006 2167 707 527 3/20/2006 4329 568 722 3/21/2006 4379 2302 842 3/22/2006 10156 1983 1027 3/23/2006 5338 1839 870 i want to show how the values AAA... are being used over the given dates Charter_SKR The easiest and quickest is to select your data range, press F11. This will generate a chart sheet. You can format,change chart type etc as you need. ...Kelly koday@processtends.com "charter_SKR" <charterSKR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6933B9D0-B6AC-48A3-80FF-C8D68B57B8C6@microsoft.com....

Convert Quicken Deluxe 2000 data to Money 2004
Got fed up with Intuit products. Got new computer & backed up Quicken Deluxe 2000 data to floppy disk. Will Quicken 2000 convert to Money 2004 ? The Money 2004 package does not show Quicken Deluxe 2000 Thanks Yes, Money should convert the account data in your Quicken file. -- Will you sponsor me in the Tour de Cure? http://main.diabetes.org/site/TR?pg=personal&fr_id=1058&px=1626087 "jy" <jy24165@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:04f901c35fa8$b971e720$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Got fed up with Intuit products. Got new computer & > backed up Quicken Del...

Problem Changing an Investment Name

Running Excel 2000 & 2007 Bug
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01CA53A0.C4136A80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am able to run 2000 and 2007 on the same machine ok except for the = following The File Type associations are messed up. I have a bunch of files that = were created in 2000 and they have the *.xls extension. I want these = files(when double clicked) to open in Excel 2000. However, Excel 2007 = is dominating this action. I have tried changing the association for the *.xls file type to version = 200...

Transferring data IN VBA between workbooks
I need to transfer a range of cells for every row one by one from one file File1.xls to a second file File2.xls from within a VBA program. I had it running where it coded a cut and paste but the program runs for 3 hours and If I tried to do anything else where I cut and paste I would get data from my running program when I tried to paste. Is there any way I can do this other than cut and paste ? Dennis I foud out what I was doing wrong I had this Range("A1") = Range("A1:P1") which will work in a single workbook but to a separate workbook you have to put Range("...

Should I change this code?