Change bars color

Hello,

I have a dinamic chart to show the cash flow position, a scrool bar chagne
the data to the past and to the future (estimate), what I am looking for is,
to have an easy identification of the estimated period I would like to chage
the color of the bar.

I am using an Stacked Column chart with two variables.

any Ideias?

--
regards from Brazil
Thanks in advance for your feedback.

0
Marcelo (77)

What I usually do when I want to show a column chart with one color within a
certain range and another color elsewhere, is create two series, one each
color, and use formulas to change on series to zero within a certain range,
and the other series is zero outside the range. If one color is series A and
the other is series B, it looks like this:

AAAAAAAAAAAAABBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAAAA

You can extend this so you have 4 series, A and B visible outside the range
and C and D visible inside, all four are stacked columns.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Marcelo" <Marcelo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I have a dinamic chart to show the cash flow position, a scrool bar chagne
> the data to the past and to the future (estimate), what I am looking for
> is,
> to have an easy identification of the estimated period I would like to
> chage
> the color of the bar.
>
> I am using an Stacked Column chart with two variables.
>
> any Ideias?
>
> --
> regards from Brazil
> Thanks in advance for your feedback.
> Marcelo

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)
3/10/2008 8:25:13 PM
Jon,

Thanks very much for your answer.

have a nice day
--

"Jon Peltier" escreveu:

> What I usually do when I want to show a column chart with one color within a
> certain range and another color elsewhere, is create two series, one each
> color, and use formulas to change on series to zero within a certain range,
> and the other series is zero outside the range. If one color is series A and
> the other is series B, it looks like this:
>
> AAAAAAAAAAAAABBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>
> You can extend this so you have 4 series, A and B visible outside the range
> and C and D visible inside, all four are stacked columns.
>
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
> _______
>

> "Marcelo" <Marcelo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have a dinamic chart to show the cash flow position, a scrool bar chagne
> > the data to the past and to the future (estimate), what I am looking for
> > is,
> > to have an easy identification of the estimated period I would like to
> > chage
> > the color of the bar.
> >
> > I am using an Stacked Column chart with two variables.
> >
> > any Ideias?
> >
> > --
> > regards from Brazil
> > Thanks in advance for your feedback.
> > Marcelo

0
Marcelo (77)

External data link change

simple bar graph not working correctly
Trying to create a simple bar graph which i have done a thousand times.For some reason excel is seeing the first two cells in my row as the series. eg a2 contains the word express orders. B2 contains 137 When i attempt to graph it, the series in the chart wizard is Express orders 137. instead of just express orders. For some reason it is taking that first value with it. Any ideas whats causing this? ...

Custom Command Bars
I've figured out a way to add custom commands to the ROWS or CELLS commandbars, but I only seem to be able to add one. Can someone help me figure out how to add multiple custom commands to one of those command bars? Thanks, Barb Reinhardt Hi, Copie this in a general module It's working in Excel 2003 and Excel 2007 '----------------------------- Sub test() Dim MBar As CommandBar Set MBar = Application.CommandBars("Column") 'OR 'Set MBar = Application.CommandBars("Row") With MBar With .Controls.Add .BeginGroup...

Why does the change change to a number?

DST changes for Exchange 5.5

Track Changes

more on VBA function name change

How to change icon for my application

How to change newsgroup message font

Change a formula to an acual number

How do I use cond format formula to set cell text and color?
Using MS Excel 2003: As and example, I entered into Conditional Format for cell B1: "Formula is", IF(A1="","Test",""). For true condition, the format is set to fill Yellow and font color red. I'm expecting cell B1 to display, "Test" in red text with yellow background when A1 is blank, but it does not work. No errors are displayed. Any ideas? in my experience you can only set the format,you cant have the word test show up.Apply the format condition only using =A1="" and put a seperate if statement in the cell.If it blank ...

Problem Changing an Investment Name

Should I change this code?

How to change default font in Outlook 2003

icon changes with change of extension

Data Labels On 3-D Bar Charts
I REALLY need to find a way to set my data labels at center or outside, the choices in a reguar bar chart. Is there any way to do that? And if you happen anyone happens to know if it is in any add-ins. I'm waiting to get the downloads UN-BLOCKED!! My work is a joke. Thanks ...

Field Type Change

Tracking Changes

Save Changes? #2

menu bar disappeared
Dear all Using MS Publisher 2003 and, dunno how, but the top menu bar has disappeared. I can access all the normal toolbars but no menu bar. Any clues as to what I may have done and how to get it back. Would uninstalling Office 2003 and reinstalling solve the problem?? Have tried uninstalling Publisher 2003 and reinstalling it but no difference. TIA -- Jon Manley Try this, Alt+V, click toolbars, customize, Toolbars tab, click reset. In the same dialog, Options tab, Reset menu and toolbar usage data. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news:/...

colour change of dated box

Daylight saving time changes for Exchange 2003 server
Hi guys, I was wondering how other real life systems administrators are preparing for the upcoming “2007 global time zone update for Windows” (daylight time change for exchange 2003 server). I'd like to know what contingency plans are being planned out to implement this update and what practical ideas you think thus far are the best. I would greatly value your input. http://www.microsoft.com/windows/timezone/dst2007.mspx -Thanks! ...