Category Name Mods at Runtime

Creating a template to use with basic chart but when certain Xaxis labels
contain specific values that might show in certain data sets, I'd like to
either change the font color or use the interior colorindex property.

In other words,

a   1
b   2
c   3

But when the category values are displayed - I'd like the letter b to be in
blue.

I'm already scanning the data and modifying the color of the datalabel font
and the correlated bar chart but wanted to also change the category label.

Thanks in advance...

Any chance this property is available?

0
AZToad (2)

You can't format axis labels individually, but you can fake it:

Individually Formatted Category Axis Labels -
http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/individually-formatted-category-axis-labels/

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://peltiertech.com/

AZToad wrote:
> Creating a template to use with basic chart but when certain Xaxis labels
> contain specific values that might show in certain data sets, I'd like to
> either change the font color or use the interior colorindex property.
>
> In other words,
>
> a   1
> b   2
> c   3
>
> But when the category values are displayed - I'd like the letter b to be in
> blue.
>
> I'm already scanning the data and modifying the color of the datalabel font
> and the correlated bar chart but wanted to also change the category label.
>
> Thanks in advance...
>
> Any chance this property is available?

0
jonNO1 (306)
7/29/2009 11:30:09 PM
Appreciate the response - unfortunately the option suggested would be too
time intensive as the data (literally hundreds of data sets) are just dropped
in by various analysts to a given range and there are certain categories that
management wants to have flagged when and if they show up - and a chart is
subsequently produced and distributed.

The bars and datalabels coloring (using interior.colorindex and
font.colorindex with case statements) are working great but I just couldn't
figure a way without getting errors to utilize the ticklabel formatting to
try to perform similar tasks on the category names.

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

> You can't format axis labels individually, but you can fake it:
>
> Individually Formatted Category Axis Labels -
> http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/individually-formatted-category-axis-labels/
>
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier
> Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
> http://peltiertech.com/
>

> AZToad wrote:
> > Creating a template to use with basic chart but when certain Xaxis labels
> > contain specific values that might show in certain data sets, I'd like to
> > either change the font color or use the interior colorindex property.
> >
> > In other words,
> >
> > a   1
> > b   2
> > c   3
> >
> > But when the category values are displayed - I'd like the letter b to be in
> > blue.
> >
> > I'm already scanning the data and modifying the color of the datalabel font
> > and the correlated bar chart but wanted to also change the category label.
> >
> > Thanks in advance...
> >
> > Any chance this property is available?

0
AZToad (2)

Calendar invites with Personal Categories
Hi, I am trying to figure out if it is possible for one to send out calendar invites and have the invitee have the color categories that I set on the meeting/appointment shown on their end. It would be a really helpful feature to have access to. I have tried a registry edit shown in another post on the newsgroup, but that did not seem to work for me. Are there any other possible solutions to make this work? Thanks, agdonald The invitee must have the same category with the same color in his master category list. Those categories are stored in the default calendar, there...

Money 2005
I have used Money 2003 for 2 years now. I did not use ANY of the online features nor did I have a .NET Passport. I just purchased Money 2005. I took my existing .mny file and converted it for use in Money 2005. I enabled my checking account (from US Bank) to use online services. NOT ONLY did 2005 create a brand new duplicate account with my recent activity in it (see my other posting), BUT it also duplicated most of my existing budget categories too. For example, I had an existing category called "Day Care". Now I have two of them: "Day Care" and "Day Car...

Name Change
We are running Exchange Server 5.5 on Windows Server 2000. We have a user that got married. Can't I simply change her name within Exchange and keep her primary Windows NT account the same? How will this affect her delivery or personal mailbox settings? Thanks! On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 14:47:13 -0400, "Debbie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We are running Exchange Server 5.5 on Windows Server 2000. We have a user >that got married. Can't I simply change her name within Exchange and keep >her primary Windows NT account the same? How will ...

Why does money 2005 have multiple categories for the same thing?And why does it keep spliting the food categories apart on me?
Take rent for example they have it in 2 places. On a side not why is food no longer have subcategories. The stupid restore categories breaks the food categories back apart even when explicitly place the subcategories before I do that. Its annoying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes it is. I'm not sure what all of the reasons are for this, but trying to eliminate subcategories to support the "Essential" "Less Typing" "Effortless way" seems part of the answer. Why it had to mangle existing data to do this is still a mystery. See also http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q...

simple regular expression give runtime error @"[.-\s]"
Hi! Here is the pattern I use string pattern = @"[.-\s]"; and the string is just "." When I run this I get the runtime error parsar [.-\s] - It's not possible to include the class \s in the character interval. If I instead move the dot(.) in the regular expression to a position after the dash or as the last character it works fine . [-.\s] or [-\s.] So why is it not possible to have the dot(.) as the first character in the regular expression ? //Tony Hi Tony! "Tony Johansson" <johansson.andersson@telia.com> schrieb im...

file name and workshet name function?
Dear group: I have Soooo many worksheets (since 1985 with many software types!) that I have a hard time recalling where a past work sheet is in my hard drive these days. Like Date and Time, I wish that I could apply a function that would list the workbook file name as a direct display in a cell on any given work sheet. I have often done this as the Header so that when I print it, that information appears without fault. I put the date and the time on the upper left, and the worksheet name & the workbook filename on the upper right, in small pint type. That way, whe...

accounts category
Hi, I create some new accounts category and link them to range of accounts ,but when I try to use them in frx reports I couldn`t find them ,any help? Hi Bob, First, I presume you are using the FRx report mode that is designed to view quantities. I would rebuild the GL account index in FRx. You can delete any ..g32 files from FRx and the indexes will be rebuilt. Please let us know if this doesn't solve the problem. Kind regards, Leslie "BOB" wrote: > Hi, > I create some new accounts category and link them to range of accounts ,but > when I ...

how to change sender heading to full name?
when I registered on Outlook Express I typed only my first name, instead of my full name, and now the shortened version is what appears as the header to receivers of my emails. I want it to include my full name. How do I change this? thanks ...

Category and Subcategory in the same field ><
In M2004 Register Category and Subcategory can have different field, but in M2005 Category and Subcategory , they in the same field. Where can I comfig it to split Category and subcategory in different fields. thanks See http://umpmfaq.info/faq.html#Q161 -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifica...

Can't resolve distinguished name of public folder in Outlook 2003
Has anyone had a problem with resolving a distinguished name of a public folder in Outlook 2003? We have a a form the needs to send something to a public folder but the form cannot resolve the distinguished name when using Outlook 2003. It does however work in 2000 and XP. Can't you just specify the full SMTP address of the mail-enabled folder? Lance wrote: > Has anyone had a problem with resolving a distinguished > name of a public folder in Outlook 2003? We have a a form > the needs to send something to a public folder but the > form cannot resolve the distinguished nam...

Highlighting tasks with specific Category and grouping by Category
Hi, I am having troubles highlighting tasks that contain a specific Category in Tasks view that groups tasks by Category, for tasks that have multiple categories. HERE IS THE IDEA: I am organizing my tasks by category. Tasks can have multiple categories. I separate them by @Context type tags and Project type tasks, such that my task can have Category="@Work, ProjectX". In the view view window I sort tasks by category. So, tags that have > 1, will appear in multiple categories. Each project will have a number of tasks, but only a few will have @ type of context cate...

Scatter Plot with Names
I am using a scatter plot and want to print the name of the data point for multiple entries, e.g. Number Name Product(Y) Revenue(X) 1 ABC 1 345 2 DEF 2 10000 etc. I want to show the number or the name on the chart. Is it possible? I know we can solve this with multiple series, but we have 1000's of data points. Thank you Get the free and mis-named XY Chartlabeler add-in by Rob Bovey from www.appspro.com -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office produc...

Categories and Sub-Categories
In Money 2004, when inputing a transaction, I was able to tab/view thourgh a category and sub-category box with ease. I was able to set it up via tools, now in 2005, I can not. Does anyone know how to change the view in the account registor so I can view both Category and sub category when inputing transaction so I don't have to deal with the drop down menu? For better clarity, it inputting Payto, Category, split, Job expenses and meno. See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=161. "Roger" <Roger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EC474924-4407-4FAE-BCD8-...

Payee on check different than "my" payee name
Hi, A lot of companies are requesting that checks be payable to "a bunch of letters," that is not an acronym I will ever remember. The latest is *AAUM* for the University of Michigan Alumni Association, which I have as U of M Alumni Association." Since my payees that start with AA... are for Ann Arbor this doesn't work well for me. Assuming that I am wish to comply with their request, can I have a different "print on check as" like in QuickBooks; or can I use the nice "payee variation feature in money" in some creative way to achieve this effect. A hack...

Excel Variable Save Name problem
I have written a program for work that is basically a daily cash u spreadsheet, however I would like to save each days report as a backup Ideally I would like to save the worksheet as that days date by us of a command button/macro to reduce the chance of user erro( ie savin under wrong name) The date is on the worksheet, but I can't figure ou a way to use a range as a save name. I would really appreciate some help with this problem. Cheer -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Lippa73 One way to save a copy in C:\ with a date/time stamp Sub test() Dim strdate As ...

2005 printing the Tax Category Manager report
I desperatly need to print a report that shows line by line the category to tax form associations. Basically what the Tax Category Manager page shows... Yet I can't find any way of doing this. Using money 2005 SB. Thanks, Cameron In microsoft.public.money, Cameron wrote: >I desperatly need to print a report that >shows line by line the category to tax form associations. >Basically what the Tax Category Manager page shows... >Yet I can't find any way of doing this. >Using money 2005 SB. If you would like to print an image of the page, you can position things as you wa...

Enabling Radio button at runtime not working
I have a class derived from CPropertyPage. At design time I am setting RADIO button to DISABLED state. At run time I want to enable this radio button. Both of the fallowing failed. ::SendDlgItemMessage(GetDlgItem(IDC_RADIO2)->m_hWnd,IDC_RADIO2,WM_ENABLE,TRUE,0); and GetDlgItem(IDC_RADIO2)->EnableWindow(1); Pls let me know how to do. Thanks Ramesh <asnowfall@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1103870967.024619.273160@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... > I have a class derived from CPropertyPage. At design time I am setting > RADIO button to DISABLED state. At run time I want...

Sum A Named Range Across Multiple Columns
Here's another fun one that's sucked up days of my life with no progress. I have groups of columns representing the days of the week where numbers representing amount of work done (just simple whole number quantities) go. I have every other column named as Budget for the budget of work to be done, and every other column beside those named Actual, for actual work done. So basically on this worksheet, columns A, C, E, G, I, K, etc... all represent the named range Budget (=Sheet2!$A:$A,Sheet2!$C:$C,Sheet2!$E:$E, etc. �), and columns B, D, F, H, J represent the range Actual (=Sheet2!$B:...

Current date field name
Hi! We would like to create a field so our Project Managers can easily see what was supposed to start prior to today. I can't figure out what the "name" for today's date would be. Is this close to being right? IIf([% Complete]=100,"Complete",IIf([start]<today,"Late", "Not Late")) Thanks for your help! Stacey Hi Stacey, the name of today's date is 'now()'. Hope that helps! Regards Barbara Am 10.03.2010 17:46, schrieb Stacey: > Hi! > > We would like to create a field so our Project Managers...

Loan payment category issue
Hi there, In Money2006 (UK), the mortgage loan payment has been categorised as a payslip (with the principle and interest listed under wages - deductables fields are blank). The total amount paid to the loan is listed correctly in the total and the payment is correctly linked to the mortgage account. However, the bill payment seems to be reverse - under the bill payment, it is recorded as a negative deposit into the linked current account. If I try and edit the bill series so the category is assigned as a loan payment, M2006 asks if I really want to change this to a loan payment and ...

Problem getting rid of "on behalf of name" in the from field
I have an unusual problem... I work for a company that is actually two companies in one. Manufacturing company that makes two different products so as to have two different names. We use Outlook 2000 and our mail is hosted by our ISP (who use a Linux mail server). We have two different email accounts abc@abc.com and xyz@xyz.com . When we go to send email (abc.com being the default account) and we chose the from field and chose xyz@xyz.com the email goes out to the recipient as abc@abc.com on behalf of xyz@xyz.com .. We can not have this because they are two separate companies. It is OK for...

Append Worksheet name to each begining of each row with values
Excel 2007 Hello, I need to create a macro that will go through each worksheet and append the worksheet name to the begining of each row if there is a value. Here is what I have so far. This runs but takes my last worksheet name and appends that name to the rows in my first worksheet instead of appending my first worksheet name. Sub Append() Dim LastRow As Long Dim cl As Range Dim ws As Worksheet For I = 1 To Worksheets.Count With Worksheets(1) Set ws = Worksheets(I) .Cells(I, 1).Value = ws.Name End With...

.NET 3.5 Runtime / broken after MS Updates / install failures
We are supporting a number of clients who are running our .NET 3.5 app. Recently we have seen several machines where the 3.5 Runtime just "stopped" working. It seems like, in each case, some kind of MS Windows update was installed (we're not sure). Once the runtime stops working, attempts to reinstall it fail - I think always with a dependency failure that .NET 2.0 isn't installed. Is anyone out there seeing this same problem? (We are on machine #3 with this same problem, all in different locations). Thanks in advance. Sam > 3.5 Runtime just "...

Department, Category and Sub Category?
Hi I am just wondering if there is a way round to having sub category in RMS. Example : Department > CPU Category> Intel Sub Category> L775a Chipset At the moment I am using Sub Description 1 etc ..but its not very helpful when searching for the product as the Item Lookup screen doesn not show the department nor the category nor sub description 1 column to search for products! Please if any one has a way round it please do let me know regards Shiri Jnr Dushayant Dhar wrote: > Hi I am just wondering if there is a way round to having sub category in RMS. RMS not have Sub...

Reports By Category Groups rather than Category
I have many categories such as "Gas" that are under category "groups" such as "Automobile". I want to view expenses by these groups rather than the too granular categories. Know how I can do this? Do I have to instead create sub categories under the main Automobile category? thanks In microsoft.public.money, ryan wrote: >I have many categories such as "Gas" that are under category "groups" such as >"Automobile". Call those higher level things Categories, and the subset things "subcategories". >I want to v...