can you update a charts data range automatically in Excel?

In a spreadsheet with multiple charts, is it possible to update the data
range and supporting calculations for the charts when you paste new data into
the spreadsheet.

Calvin
0
tech-etch (2)

If your question is, can you change the data to update the charts, Yes. If
not please clarify the question

Thanks
Vyenktesh

"Cal@tech-etch" wrote:

> In a spreadsheet with multiple charts, is it possible to update the data
> range and supporting calculations for the charts when you paste new data into
> the spreadsheet.
>
> Calvin
0
Venkat (11)
10/29/2004 12:21:01 AM
Calvin -

You can set up the charts to use dynamic ranges, which update when data is added.
There are some examples and lots of links here:

   http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/DynamicColumnChart1.html
   http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/DynamicChartLinks.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Cal@tech-etch wrote:

> In a spreadsheet with multiple charts, is it possible to update the data
> range and supporting calculations for the charts when you paste new data into
> the spreadsheet.
>
> Calvin

Can't see 401(k) contribiltion total

Online prices updating quit
It is no longer available as a choice... only manual updating of prices is now available. Anyone know how to get it back? I already removed and reinstalled program (2004 Deluxe). Could it be corrupted .mny file? In microsoft.public.money, david_b2 wrote: >It is no longer available as a choice... only manual updating of prices is >now available. Anyone know how to get it back? I already removed and >reinstalled program (2004 Deluxe). Could it be corrupted .mny file? Help->About->OnlineServicesPolicy and Help->About->LicenseAgreement (section 2. DESCRIPTION OF ...

Range summing
hello, when I copy and paste a formula instead of having it go like SUM(A1:A3) SUM(A2:A4) I want it to go SUM(A1:A3) SUM(A4:A6) any easy way to make it happen? Try =SUM(INDEX(A:A,ROW(A2)*3-2):INDEX(A:A,ROW(A2)*3)) -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace somewhere in email address with gmail if mailing direct) "Blah" <cidster12@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1153941239.748257.272800@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... > hello, when I copy and paste a formula instead of having it go like > > SUM(A1:A3) > SUM(A2:A4) > > > I want it to go > SUM(A1:A3) > S...

Can't send/receive

Money 2006 not updating properly
My bank, Bank One, was purchased by Chase, and until recently maintained a separate identity. My Money 2006 listed all my accounts with Bank One, and updated my records regularly. Now Bank One has merged completely, and all accounts are Chase accounts. Money has created a new Chase account which lists only transactions since Bank One was converted to Chase, and I need to merge everything into one account. How do I do that? Thanks, Terry Hi Terry, Very simple process. 1. click on the account list, then click on manage online services on the left under common tasks. 2. click on ban...

need to chart sum of 2 rows in worksheet
I have a worksheet in which I have 12 columns to represent the months and my expense categories in the rows below. The last row is a Total row of all the expenses above it. One of the values I want to represent in a 12-month line graph is the Total row less the Misc Expense row. How can I graph this without creating a new row in my worksheet to hold just this calculated value? I'm very comfortable with writing macros if that's what it will take to accomplish this. Thanks, Barry ...

Can not Customize Leads View

Automatic pst backup
All, I am running outlook 2003 and would like to know if it is possible to automatically backup my personel folders on a regular basis without being prompted. For example every 5 days my personel folders (.pst) is automatically backed up without prompting me? I am aware of the Microsoft pst backup tool but this prompts you to perform a back plus you have to close Outlook down. Thanks Msuk You'll need to close Outlook down or you can't make a back-up because the file is locked. You can schedule your Outlook to close at night, make a backup and then have it start again. To get...

repetitive windows update
Despite my Outlook 2007 is correctly installed and working, from several days I am receiving KB980376 security update, that is unable to install as "unable to find the related product". Any idea on how to stop this bothering routine ? I tryed to install manually with Windows XP Pro safe install : no result! Thanks Manlio ...

Excel's calculations are off a few cents!
I can't figure out why my TOTAL for $ column is off from 1-5 cents. When I check the amounts going across, they are correct, but the amount at the bottom of the column is off!! What am I doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I have to manually check all Excel's figures. View more decimal places Natalie, does it still add up incorrectly?? I'm guessing your summing calculated values, that are viewed at less precision than calculated. You can use ROUND(formula, #decimals) to make the calculations round to the precision you desire, or you can set "Tools&q...

Bulk attachments

Dynamic Ranges
Hello, I need to develop a function which uses a range. The range is dynamic based upon a Lease Term. Example: I have a 5 year lease - The range will encompase 5 cells (A1:E1). I will always know the starting Cell. Any help would be much appreciated. thanks ACase Not sure i understand the question - what do you want to know? do you want to know how to develop a function that uses a range - if so, any particular function do you want to know how to create a dynamic range - if so, check out dynamic ranges at www.contextures.com/tiptech.html Cheers JulieD "ACase" <A...

Can't delete email #2

Start background thread when a UI button is clicked, and Update UI button from background thread
I was asked these questions during a technical interview: 1) When the user clicks on a button on the form and that invokes a lot of heavy-duty calculations, what would you do? My answer: I would use "BeginInvoke" to start a background worker thread to do the heavy-duty calculations, in order to avoid blocking the main UI thread. Then he asked, "What does 'BeginInvoke' do"? I said it was a .NET pattern to start a background thread from a UI thread. Did I get it right? 2) Why can't you simply update a button on the UI thread from a background ...

Can Not Reply To Emails

How can I rename a database table?

Chart line is discontinuous
Hello, A similar problem to my last. I have entered data from reading sheets and not every date/time has a data point. I have noticed that if there is no date/time the chart does not draw the line between data points. Please help me out with this. You can set your chart options (Tools, Options, Chart tab) to treat empty cells as not plotted (leave gaps) zero or interpolated. -- Steve "Lady Excel" <LadyExcel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1F7136D3-3B22-49B9-AFC7-E6BB1FE47E32@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > A similar problem to my last. I have e...

Can (or how can) I do this