Can you print barcode labels using excel or word?

I need to print barcode labels using Word or Excel...preferably Excel.  Has
any one done that or do I need to buy some other type of software to add onto
Word / Excel
0
Yvonne (27)

You will need a barcode font - Google is your friend

Lot easier to print labels in Word
You can use mail merge to take the data from Excel
For help on Word mail merge using Excel as the data source have a look here

http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateAMailMerge.htm

http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateADataSource.

50 min MS tutorial
http://office.microsoft.com:80/training/training.aspx?AssetID=RC011205671033
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Yvonne" <Yvonne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I need to print barcode labels using Word or Excel...preferably Excel.  Has
> any one done that or do I need to buy some other type of software to add
> onto
> Word / Excel

0
bliengme5824 (3040)
6/17/2008 1:56:02 AM
Excel is not the best tool for the job however you should be able to
use a Word mailmerge with your spreadsheet as the data source to get
the data into labels. You would then use another tool like the B-Coder
Pro barcode software from TAL Technologies to add the barcodes to the
labels after you merge in the data.

For more information on the B-Coder software or to download a demo
version, visit:
http://www.taltech.com/products/barcode_software.html

I would also recommend that you watch the following three videos that
show exactly how to do what you need to do:
http://www.taltech.net/video/bcoder/b-coder_intro.html
http://www.taltech.net/video/bcoder/macro_install.html
http://www.taltech.net/video/bcoder/make_labels.html

On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 13:19:01 -0700, Yvonne
<Yvonne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I need to print barcode labels using Word or Excel...preferably Excel.  Has
>any one done that or do I need to buy some other type of software to add onto
>Word / Excel
0
tom (44)
6/19/2008 6:18:38 PM
On Jun 16, 4:19 pm, Yvonne <Yvo...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I need to printbarcodelabels using Word or Excel...preferably Excel.  Has
> any one done that or do I need to buy some other type of software to add onto
> Word / Excel

Take a look at Monterey Barcode Creator: http://www.morovia.com/label/.
The barcode can be drag and dropped into Word/Excel.

Another options is to use a barcode font with Mail merge. Morovia
offers all types of fonts at http://www.morovia.com/font/.
0
info7957 (11)

Can't see 401(k) contribiltion total

CRM 4.0
Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? I'm not able to translate all labels with the “export labels for translation” function and Microsoft Excel. a. When exporting translations and adding translations in the language specific column (1033 / English in my situation) not all labels get translated. Most labels get translated, but for example the following did not: i. ‘Beheer’ --> ‘Administration’ (Name of a tab on the Task entity ii. ‘Interne gegevens’ à ‘Internal Information’ (Name of a section on many different enti...

Can't send/receive

Make table truncates text concatenated using fnConcatenate
I have a MakeTable query which uses the fnConcatenate( ) function to merge a bunch of information into a single field. Unfortunately, the field length exceeds 255 characters and the MakeTable tries to dump this into a text field, rather than identifying that the field should be a memo field. I know I could create the base table and import the data from my query into that table, but I would prefer to make this table on the fly, and then delete it when I am done with it. Any recommendations? -- Email address is not valid. Please reply to newsgroup only. On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 12:48:04 -07...

Sending/exporting Outlook Contacts for use in another computer
I want to send the Outlook Contacts address book from my desktop to use in my laptop. Can it be as simple as copying the whole address book file and replacing the laptop Contacts address book with the new one? Thanks. Bob There is no separate "address book" file. The file you need is your Personal Folders file (*.pst) It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup or transfer: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm http://www.howto-outlook.com/Howto/backupandrestore.htm http://office.microsoft.com...

Can not Customize Leads View

Excel's calculations are off a few cents!
I can't figure out why my TOTAL for $ column is off from 1-5 cents. When I check the amounts going across, they are correct, but the amount at the bottom of the column is off!! What am I doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I have to manually check all Excel's figures. View more decimal places Natalie, does it still add up incorrectly?? I'm guessing your summing calculated values, that are viewed at less precision than calculated. You can use ROUND(formula, #decimals) to make the calculations round to the precision you desire, or you can set "Tools&q...

Bulk attachments

Can't delete email #2

Can Not Reply To Emails

How can I rename a database table?

Can (or how can) I do this

Drawings move during printing
I have created a drawing from several objects (arcs, ovals, triangles, etc.). When I try to print, some objects move (especially annoying is BlocArc). How should I solve this problem? The way I do it now is to copy it as an Enhanced metafile picture into Word and print from there, but the quality is not the best (printing lots of objects on a A0 paper). It refers to objects from the control toolbox, but the information in the following post by Dave Peterson may help: http://groups.google.ca/groups?&threadm=4252EFEF.C8CBA674%40netscapeXSPAM.com 00xPhoenix wrote: > I have crea...

How do i convert excel to csv in command line? ( not save as)
I am trying to automate a system which needs the files in csv format. Is there any way to convert excel to csv in command line, instead of the usual 'save as'? PS: If you know any UNIX utilities too, please mention. F1, No way I can think of from the command line. You could write an Excel macro that controls the whole process. Open a file, save as csv, close, next file, loop. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "F1" <F1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B67ACCB6-CC54-4B5E-...

Can not archive

Convert Excel
How do I convert a database in Excel into Access? Thanks Hi Sue, It depends what you mean by "database". Usually it's fairly simple to move the data from Excel worksheets to Access tables, but anything else - searching, sorting, reporting, validation... - has to be re-created using Access's tools. In general, start by creating a new Access database, then import the data from the Excel workbook. Often, an Excel "database" benefits from being split into two or more related tables in Access; see "About designing a database" in Help - and there's a Ta...

error loading columns for printing
i have been using frx 6.5 with sp7 in windows server 2003 for many months now. then i accidentally installed the FRx2003orXPSP2Update.zip. i now cannot open frx so i reinstall it. i successfully opened it without errors but when i generate a report in any output type, the error "error loading columns for printing" and "error setting device context. please reopen drilldown viewer and try again." appears. i need help. thanks, mel ...