Can't see 2 open workbooks listed in the Window tab

Using Excel 2003

When I have two workbooks open I think I should see both of the workbooks
listed in the Window tab on the Menu Bar.  I only see the workbook file I am
in. What can I do to correct this?

0
TomD (14)

This is not a question on charting, but let's be nice for a change :-)
The 'problem' you describe pops up when you open Excel twice, what might
happen when you double-click the file from the Explorer to open it while
Excel already is open.  It will not happen if you have Excel open and open
the file from within.
HTH,
Henk

"TomD" wrote:

> Using Excel 2003
>
> When I have two workbooks open I think I should see both of the workbooks
> listed in the Window tab on the Menu Bar.  I only see the workbook file I am
> in. What can I do to correct this?

0
HEK (135)

why can't I open my Excel data in Excel, but I can as a merge sour
I need to add new fields to a data source that I am using for mail merge, but when I try to open it in Excel, I get an error message saying it is not a recognised file type. Help! What is the name of the file? How are you trying to open it? -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "legalsec" <legalsec@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5C6F0709-5D43-4BE2-9EDF-4E9342BD05AC@microsoft.com... |I need to add new fields to a data source that I am using for mail merge, but | when I try to open it in Excel, I get an error message saying it is not a | recognised file type. Help! ...

SBS2003 R2 no reporting to WSUS 2
My SBS 2003 R2 server is not reporting itself to WSUS (v2) as of 2 days ago. I'm unsure why this has happened (all workstations are happily reporting). Is there anything I can do to force a report? Thanks. On 05/03/2010 12:36, James Hurrell wrote: > My SBS 2003 R2 server is not reporting itself to WSUS (v2) as of 2 days > ago. I'm unsure why this has happened (all workstations are happily > reporting). Is there anything I can do to force a report? > > Thanks. The C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\ReportingEvents.log file shows repeated occurrences of thi...

Importing Distribution lists from Outlook 2000 to 2003
Hi, Does anyone know where I can find some info on importing existing distribution lists from Outlook 2000 to 2003. I understand that the .pst files in 2003 have a different file format -- but I can't seem to locate any data that lets me know if importing DLs is a problem because of that. thanks Kevin Kevin <thersitz @yahoo com> wrote: > Does anyone know where I can find some info on importing existing > distribution lists from Outlook 2000 to 2003. I understand that the > .pst files in 2003 have a different file format -- but I can't seem > to locate any data t...

threads #2
I have a server/client application that communicates using threads. The server class uses a while loop inside a thread to wait for new connections in accept state, like this: var a = new var( ); while( (server.Accept(connection)) ) { ...... ...... } I have declared a variable (var) right before this loop which uses memory. I want to free/delete this variable at the end of the while loop, but the control never reaches there. How can I make sure that this variable gets deleted before the server side exits? Thanks. Jessica Jessica Weiner wrote: > I have a server/client applicatio...

RMS 2.0 and PC Charge
Is anyone using PC Charge Pro with RMS 2.0? I haven't been able to get any answers from Verifone as to certification with RMS 2.0. Does PC Charge Pro support the AVS function in RMS or does it do it itself? I'm changing Merchants and the new one requires using PC Charge Pro. Thanks, TomT Funny thing... I have basically the same question. Our MS VAR told me to check with PCCharge (Verifone) . VeriFone told me "They (MS RMS) test their versions with our software and keep a list of which is compatible. If you are using the newer version of RMS then I would say 5.7.1I SP...

vlookup with 2 columns?
Hello, I am doing a VLOOKUP which is working nicely, but I had this idea where the user could specify in the sheet data from 1 column and then data from another column and where you have both in the row I would get other data in the row. Is there anyway of doing that? E.g. if the data was like I have laid out below and the user specified A1 and X2 I could get at the data 20 or 21 but I wouldn't want the row before that. A1 X1 10 11 A1 X2 20 21 B1 Y1 11 22 B2 Y2 22 33 Thanks. Bn If the data to return is numeric as is demonstrated in your sample *and* the combination of A1+X2 is un...

why do my column charts disappear #2
I have column charts in my workbook but as I am adding some data, the charts disappear and become lines. Why? ...

Scatter Graph #2
I've got three columns Region Sales Expenses I want to make a scatter graph that has sales on one axis, expenses on the other axis and the data labels need to be the region names. I'm working with Excel 97. I can get the x and y axis and the scatter graph looking right, but it won't let me put the region name as my data labels. Can anybody help! Thanks! Look here: http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm -- Regards Juan Pablo Gonz�lez "mark1" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:091101c4ad4e$5e0cad80$a501280a@phx.gb...

MS Office Publisher Help window appears after every print job
I've just started using Publisher 2003 and am doing fine with most of it. However, one thing is driving me crazy... every time I send a job to a printer, whether it's an actual printer like my HP Laserjet 4MV or a virtual printer like the Acrobat PDF 7, after the job spools out, the MS Office Pint Help window appears, on a page that says "Troubleshoot printing publications on a desktop printer." I didn't clikc on help. I don't need help, because the jobs print fine... why does this window keep appearing, and more importantly, how do I make it stop appearing sh...

I cant see emails coming in anymore.
I used to push send/receive and a box would come up telling me 'Receiving 8 of 40 emails' with a green bar going across the centre. Once the emails are received the box goes. If I push send/receive nothing happens. If I push it say, 10 times, again nothing happens. Once all the emails are thru the box that used to come up, than flashes up 10 times, but by than its a little late. Does anyone know how to get the box back? I would really appreciate it... KR Mick. I send this message using the forward procedure to somebody of the group My problem is likely the same as a lot ...

External Data wont refresh on a prtected and shared workbook...
I have a workbook that is used by multiple people over a network. In this workbook I added some data from a site that i wanted refreshed everytime the workbook is opened. I found out i can't protect the worksheet or protect and share the workbook and still have it refresh the data. Is there a way to protect/share the workbook (due to code inside the book) and still have the external web data refreshed upon the book opening ...

Not able to see all data but can see on another computer
Hi, I am using SAP application and if i retrive the excel file from SAP i can see only 48 lines where as i should see 110 lines but if i opened that same excel file in another computer then i can see all lines (110 Lines) i don't know why its happening. Can anyone help on this? Thanks in advance. Regards, Harish ...

Formsauthentication timeout and 2 login pages
Hi, My client wants 2 separate login pages for an ASP.Net app, one for regular users, one for support staff. I am using the standard FormAuthentication component for authentication. Is it possible to redirect a regular user to one login page after a timeout, and also to redirect an admin user to a different page after a timeout? The loginUrl attribute of <forms> in web.config is read-only, and cannot be edited at runtime. In other words, can I do this: Regular User -> Timeout -> Login.aspx Support User ->Timeout -> SupportLogin.aspx Thanks, C. ...

Query to Access : does'nt see tables
Office 2000 SP3 FR From Excel / MS Query, I want to read data in Access tables. I choose the mdb file and so MS Query displays this error message (translated) : "This data source does'nt have any visible table". Original in French : "Cette source de donn�es ne contient aucune table visible." I transfert my data to a new mdb file : it work's few times (!), then the error message appears again. How to resolve this problem ? Jacques. Gotcha ! MS Query does'nt accept a file name with 2 dot inside ! Example : MyFile.mdb --> Ok My.File.mdb --> "...

How? #2
I want to format a cell to show a Upper case X just by clicking on it. Hi this would require VBA (using the Selectionchange event for example). See: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/events.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Lee and Rebecca" <LeeandRebecca@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:ED511CBB-3AF1-4AF9-B5EB-0353B6204E46@microsoft.com... > I want to format a cell to show a Upper case X just by clicking on it. Can you help me with this? I don't understand what to do from that web site. "Frank Kabel" wrote: > Hi > th...

how to delete the same columns across a workbook
how to delete the same columns across a workbook Hi, Hold down the CTRL key and click each sheet tab to group them. On the visible sheet delete the column abd it will be deleted on all grouped sheets. Click a sheet tab to un-group sheets. Mike On 5 Jan, 19:39, RPM <R...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > how to delete the same columns across a workbook ...

How to see my mail queue?
Hi there, I have a Exchange 2000 running on Windows 2000 server. Could you please tell me how to monitor my emails in my mail queue? I can't find a location on the Windows to see the mail queue status. Thanks in advance, Ross To view the mail queues follow these steps: 1. Open system manager, Navigate down to the following location Your organization --> Administrative groups --> Your Admin group --> Servers --> Your Server --> Protocols --> SMTP --> SMTP virtual server --> Queues You should then see all the smtp queues and monitor mail. thanks, J. ...

tab strip
I AM TRYING TO WRITE VBA CODE FOR A TAB STRIP THAT CONTAINS FOUR TABS WITH THE SELECTION TO BE DISPLAYED IN A GIVEN CELL LOCATION. CAN ANYONE HELP ME OUT? -- icebreaker914 You have some suggestions at one of your other posts. icebreaker914 wrote: > > I AM TRYING TO WRITE VBA CODE FOR A TAB STRIP THAT CONTAINS FOUR TABS WITH > THE SELECTION TO BE DISPLAYED IN A GIVEN CELL LOCATION. CAN ANYONE HELP ME > OUT? > -- > icebreaker914 -- Dave Peterson ...

Scribe Migrate
I am planning to do a reinstall on our CRM server and have purchased Scribe (didn't come in till JUST now), and was planning to do this over the weekend. I have a test environment and want to try it here before I do this on our production. However this isn't as simple as I thought. I know, I know, read the manual, etc, etc etc. But its near critical that I get this production reinstalled, and I'd rather not work straight through a weekend just to learn this thing. Anways, can anyone give me the basic overview of this? Does this take hours just to create the migration setup? For s...

I see you
Well, not really, but I used Google Earth to zoom in on the Flatiron Building. You can get so close you can see the utilities on the roof, the hydrants on the street, the little parkish area across 5th Avenue, etc etc. Cool! Now tell me where your office is (like where is Peter's window, what floor and facing what street). Google Earth lets you zoom in all directions so I'll be able to turn the map to see that window. Silly I know but still a connection on some level. Pats looked good but not great last night. I didn't watch much more of the game. I'm not sold on ...

How to manage windows hierarchy of 2 processes? #2
I have 2 processes. One is MFC with main frame, pop-up dialogs and messages. The second is based on a graphical engine (non-MFC) that creates a window with graphical data. I need to combine both displays. The user shouldn't notice that there is a "mix". For example, if the graphical window is a top window, when the user opens a dialog from the MFC app it will be below the graphical window. My first idea was to set the graphical window as a pop-up and the owner is the MFC frame. This is the behavior that I need. But then if the MFC app is not responding, the graphical window is ...

Outlook XP Contacts List
I am not an accomplished Outlook user, and I do not know how to merge my Contacts List, with that of one of my collegues. Any ideas? Where are you trying to merge the two? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:0e1c01c393de$0e6f16d0$a301280a@phx.gbl, Pavlos Philippou wrote: > I am not an accomplished Outlook user, and I do not know > how to merge my Contacts List, with that of one of my > collegues. > > Any ideas? ...

payroll negative amount #2
I overpaid an employee. How do I run a negative amount in the payroll transaction entry? I get the message saying pay code cannot have a negative amount. Somehow I need to get this money adjusted. You will have to enter a one-time deduction. HS "alice" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2d7801c507b2$79cdc9f0$a601280a@phx.gbl... >I overpaid an employee. How do I run a negative amount > in the payroll transaction entry? I get the message saying > pay code cannot have a negative amount. Somehow I need > to get this money adjusted. ...

test #2

Text to Columns #2
Having used the "Text to Columns" tool once on a worksheet (to separate by spaces), I find I can't switch it off. Every subsequent time I try to copy and paste some other text from a single cell, for some completely different reason, the pasted data gets spread over many columns if there are any spaces in the text. How can I switch off "Text to Columns" after using it? This surely must be a bug, it's so unreasonable! Tod Excel likes to help by remembering your last settings. This can be really handy if you're pasting similar stuff lots of times. You ...