Can't open documents at home - Microsoft Office 2003

On our pc at home we cannot open any word or excel documents - we have
Microsoft Office 2003.  We can see the docs but a box appears over the top of
them asking for info such as "registration name" and a series of 25
letters/number that can be found on the back of the cd drive.  However, when
we put that information in there, it tells us it is not correct.  We've tried
it over and over again with no success.  Can we re-set it?  Or is there a
default series of numbers/letters we can use?

Thanks!
0
LBaker (1)

If your home PC came with a trial version of Office 2003
preinstalled on the hard drive by the computer manufacturer, then
you should have uninstalled the trial version before installing
your full version.  At this point, uninstall the full version,
uninstall the trial version, and reinstall the full version.  See
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=836178 "You receive an
'invalid product key' error message when you start an Office 2003
program after you install Office Professional Edition 2003" for
more information.

Lbaker wrote:

> On our pc at home we cannot open any word or excel documents - we have
> Microsoft Office 2003.  We can see the docs but a box appears over the top of
> them asking for info such as "registration name" and a series of 25
> letters/number that can be found on the back of the cd drive.  However, when
> we put that information in there, it tells us it is not correct.  We've tried
> it over and over again with no success.  Can we re-set it?  Or is there a
> default series of numbers/letters we can use?
>
> Thanks!

On the way to 2003
I'm about to install a new Exchange 2003 server. My current Exchange 5.5 server still sits in our nearly-abandoned NT4 domain. Users are already logging on to the 2003 domain while their mailboxes remain in Exchange 5.5. This is just how things have worked out. But now, the question is moving mailboxes after installing Exchange 2003 in the Active Directory domain from the NT4 domain. My plan is to create a new Organization with the 2003 install. Is the easiest, least painful way to move things at this point to create ..pst files out of the Exchange 5.5 mailboxes and put them in Ex...

Publisher 2000

opening links in outlook

How do you enable Out of Office replies to go out of office?
I have tried ESM/Global Settings/Internet Message Format/Default/Properties/Advanced tab Exchange rich-text format: Determined by individual user settings Message text word wrap: never use ENABLED Allow out of office responses ENABLED Allow automatic replies ENABLED Allow automatic forward ENABLED Allow delivery reports ENABLED Allow non-delivery reports ENABLED Preserve sender's display name on message Out of office responses still go in-house only. Please help. Stop and start the SMTP service and the MTA. Worst case scenario is that you will have to stop and start all of the...

OL 2003 .nk2 file clears on reboot
We have a client machine whose NK2 file is cleared on reboot. We have tried creating deleting the nk2 file to have OL create a new one, created a new OL profile with no luck. When we copied another users nk2 file to his directory and renamed it to his profile the data is picked up, but no new address are stored. outlook writes to the file when it closes - so it seems outlook is not closing correctly. is there a pda or an application using outlook data? if so, close it first. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? h...

Problem trying to open old money file

office prof 2003 upgrade
I have microsoft works 9 installed. When I try to use my Office Prof 2003 upgrade it will not recognize the office works 9 as a valid upgrade program. How can I get the upgrade to work? I cannot find any hints within the MS website. Thanks for your help! Andrew wrote: >I have microsoft works 9 installed. When I try to use my Office Prof 2003 >upgrade it will not recognize the office works 9 as a valid upgrade program. >How can I get the upgrade to work? I cannot find any hints within the MS >website. Thanks for your help! > > You may need this patc...

Outlook 2003 / No line wrapping
Hi, first of all: Couldn't find a solution after doing some googling. My problem is: Automatic line wraps don't happen. No, it's certainly not the "Remove extra line breaks" option being checked. I write my emails in plain/text, the only line breaks that appear in a message's source code are those inserted manually. The default setting of wrapping lines at 76 characters is set and I don't see any option to completely disable / enable line wrapping, so I'm a bit at a loss. Yes, it's definetly not a problem of the (different) MUAs used for viewing these em...

Email with tiny attachments open slow

Office X 10.1.2 Update Failed
I'm new to the Mac OS X although pretty experienced with Windows XP and Office. When I try to update my original install of Office X, I get error message 11002:2,-14. I read the Read Me and troubleshooting section, turned off the virus protection and removed the Microsoft Office Plugin file as directed in the troubleshooting. None of this helped. I noticed (remember I'm new to Macs) I can move a copy of the Microsoft Office X directory to another hard drive, and clicking on Entrouage or any program opens it just fine (including all the mail). Of course, that would be impossible in...

Converting Access 2000 to Access 2003 or XP
I have Access 2000 on my home PC and want to install it on my business PC. I also need to upgrade this program. Do I upgrade first, then bring it to work? Also, if the software is licensed to me at home, can I install it on my business computer as well? Thank you. No, each install has to have its own separate license. The Access 2000 on your home PC is only licensed for you home PC. If you are planning to upgrade, you would be better off buying the full installation of Office 2003 or Office 2002 to install on your business machine. If installing Office 2002/2003 to more than one machin...

active sync and exchange 2003
Hi, I am having major problems with getting active sync working. Our OWA folder in https://mail.domain.com/exchange 2003 is configured to require SSL and is Forms based with basic authentication. So I went the following location http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=817379 and created another virtual directory called /ExchangeOMA as the microsoft KB aritical instructs. SSL is also set to required on https://mail.domain.com/oma and that works just fine. When I go to http://mail.domain.com/exchangeOMA it looks like it trying to come up with outlook web access but all the icons are ...

Need an open house sign in sheet

OFFICE 2003 02-12-10
ALL OF A SUDDEN I WAS NOT ABLE TO OPEN EXCEL ANYMORE. INSTEAD OF OPENING THE PROGRAM, IT WENT TO WINDOWS INSTALLER AND JUST STOPPED.I REMOVED OFFICE 2003 FROM THE HARDDRIVE AND THEN REINSTALLED IT FROM THE DISK. HOWEVER, I AM GETTING THE ERROR MESSAGE: "ERROR 1304 - ERROR WRITING TO FILE: C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT OFFICE\OFFICEII\1033\XLINTL32.DLL VERIFY THAT YOU HAVE ACCESS TO THAT DIRECTORY " i WAS ABLE TO INSTALL "WORD" AND "OUTLOOCK" SEPARASTE;Y. BUT WHENEVER I TRY TO INSTALL "EXCEL" I GET THE SAME ERROR MESSAGE. WHAT CAN I DO TO...

Creating PDF No Longer Works in Any Office Product
I'm not sure when things stopped working. I have MSO 2003 and Windows 2007. When I hit the PDF button in Excel, it starts going through the PDF motions but then Excel locks up and stops responding. In Word, the screen blinks a few times and then just goes back to Word without making the PDF. This is getting frustrating, any ideas? Try this first if you use Excel 2007 Run Office Diagnostics. Office Button>Excel Options...Resources -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Mark" <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

Outlook 2003 stops writing
when writing the text the keyboard seems to lose contact with the system and interrups writing for a few seconds. The marker disappears and there is no memory of the keys used. It happens both with the built-in keyboard on my laptop as well as when I use an externa keyboard. Vista Premium. -- gunsan That is more likely to be a problem with win, or your hardware "gunsan" <gunsan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4522D556-4482-4179-B34A-8B97BB8E7B3D@microsoft.com... > when writing the text the keyboard seems to lose contact with the system > and > ...

cannot open excel file from outlook

opening links

Excel 2000 => upgraded to 2003 and Bar Chart Pattern disappeared
I have a bar chart composed of two bars each with a stacked series of bars. For one of my bars one of the stacked points was a pattern fill (slashes). Since my upgrade to Office 2003 the pattern fill for this one stacked bar has disappeared. I've upgraded to Office SP2 and still cannot set my fill pattern. I have had to set the fill to color white until I can get this pattern back. I have noticed that the Sample preview pane is not set when I select the pattern fill, gradient fill, etc. Is this a known problem? And is there a work around? Thanks, Donna L Bruce ...