Can I create a Pivot Table from Dbase that is Grouped?

I have a large excel file that has over 9,000 entries.  Is there a way to
create a Pivot Table after I group the records?  I need to find a way to
create a table with no "duplicate" field entries.

Thank you for your response!

0
TomP (6)

Highlight everything and then just create a pivot table.  The pivot table
will do the grouping and give you unique records only if you pull that field
to the rows setting.

Thanks,
Roger

"TomP" wrote:

> I have a large excel file that has over 9,000 entries.  Is there a way to
> create a Pivot Table after I group the records?  I need to find a way to
> create a table with no "duplicate" field entries.
>
> Thank you for your response!

Hi Tom,

Select the data you want pivot table to reflect.
1.In the menu bar/Data/Pivot Table/Microsoft office excel or data base.
2.Then you can slect from the option pivot table or pivot table with pivot
chart. click next.
3.The pivot wizard will select the data you had earlier selected for pivot
table or it will ask you "where is the data ?" then you can select the data
and click next.
4.Once the data is selected the wizard will ask where to put the pivot
table, for convenience i recommend you to select in new worksheet.
5. You may or may not use the layout option cause you can again do the
changes in the table itself.
6. click finish.
The table will give below mentioned fields.
1 Page field
2 colum field
3 row field
4 Data field.
Excel will update the pivot table in case you do some changes in the data
sheet. In case the table is not updated you can click on the pivot table tool
bar and click refresh after the changes are made. The table will get updated
as per the data in the data sheet.

If you have selected the Pivot table with chart. The chart will always
correspond to the table and will display exactly the same data as in the
pivot table.

You can drop the data as per your requirement and pivot table will display
them accordingly. (Excel version 2003)

Thanks

Suleman Peerzade

"TomP" wrote:

> I have a large excel file that has over 9,000 entries.  Is there a way to
> create a Pivot Table after I group the records?  I need to find a way to
> create a table with no "duplicate" field entries.
>
> Thank you for your response!

Fields in TransactionEntry table
I hope someone can help me understand the contents of three fields in the TransactionEntry table in RMS. I'm trying to see if I can use data stored in these fields to correct the Price in my Item table. Two of the fields are the FullPrice and Price. It appears to me that the Price field is the price charged at the register, the FullPrice is something like the Price in Item. The PriceSource field seems to be a code that is 1 if the regular price is charged, 10 if the price is changed by the cashier and other values depending on the size of the discount applied at the register. My h...

Can't see 401(k) contribiltion total

Make table truncates text concatenated using fnConcatenate
I have a MakeTable query which uses the fnConcatenate( ) function to merge a bunch of information into a single field. Unfortunately, the field length exceeds 255 characters and the MakeTable tries to dump this into a text field, rather than identifying that the field should be a memo field. I know I could create the base table and import the data from my query into that table, but I would prefer to make this table on the fly, and then delete it when I am done with it. Any recommendations? -- Email address is not valid. Please reply to newsgroup only. On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 12:48:04 -07...

Can't send/receive

Manually creating a replica
I have followed the article on TechNet on How to Manually Create a Replica but I'm not sure if I did it wrong or if what I'm experiencing is normal. At one of my sites, I have about 500MB of data that I would like to protect. I have followed the steps to manually create the replica but when I start the consistency check, the consistency check transfered all 500MB of data that I already imported! Did I do something wrong? I thought the purpose of manually importing the data is so that the initial replica doesn't go over the WAN. Thanks, Mike Ok. I figured out wh...

Can not Customize Leads View

Bulk attachments

HR Benefit Table
I'm trying to do some cleanup of our benefits (delete benefits that were enrolled and never used) and in the process of querying table BE010130 there are a ton of benefits that have a 0 in the BENEFITSTATUS_I field. When I try to pull them up in GP they don't show under the specified employee. Can anyone tell me what these are and if I can delete them? ------=_NextPart_0001_079D83ED Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, After looking at the HRBEN.DOC from the SDK, it doesn't appear the BE010130 should have a value of 0. The values that should b...

Can't delete email #2

Can Not Reply To Emails

How can I rename a database table?

Can (or how can) I do this

Differentiate row based on date grouping
I created a form with data sorting by date field. Some date may have more than 1 row. Samples are as follows :- Date Event 7/22/2007 AAAA 8/22/2007 AAAA 8/22/2007 BBBB 9/22/2007 CCCC Is it possible to have the Form show alternate color for row 7/22/2007, 8/22/2007 (2 rows with same color), 9/22/2007 ? Thanks in advance for your help. ...

Creating Email Templates
Hello, In looking at the various resources, everyone seems to like the email template functionality .. although I do question one thing. Is it possible to create an email template for use in a workflow THAT IS NOT sent to the customer/account? From what I can tell, if you create an Opportunity/Account/Contact email template, all these automatically send the end account/customer the email. What I would like is when a new Opportunity is created to be sent to some Internal users only ... ie. the user's Manager to confirm the presence of a new Opportunity. This from the looks of th...

Can not archive

Creating Drop Down boxes with the List function...
I am creating drop down boxes using the list function and I need to add color to the text. It will allow me to add color to the list, but the color I added doesn't appear in the drop down box. What do I need to do to make this happen? Thank you for your help. This should help, it sure did for me. http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal10.html This should help you, I worked very well for me. http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal10.html This should help you, I worked very well for me. http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal10.html ...