Can I add other data to a pivot chart

I want to add a target line to a pivot chart. The data for the target line
would be from a different source (worksheet) to the underlying pivot table.
Is this possible (by workaround or otherwise)?

A pivot chart can only display data from the pivot table. This can be
overcome by drawing a line and hoping it doesn't move too much. I would
instead make a regular chart from the pivot table, and add the data for the
additional line. To make a regular chart from a pivot table, select a blank
cell that's not touching the pivot table and start the chart wizard. In step
2, you must use the Series tab, and enter the ranges for each series
separately.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

"Sam Wardill" <SamWardill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I want to add a target line to a pivot chart. The data for the target line
> would be from a different source (worksheet) to the underlying pivot
> table.
> Is this possible (by workaround or otherwise)?

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

Can't see 401(k) contribiltion total

Can't send/receive

need to chart sum of 2 rows in worksheet
I have a worksheet in which I have 12 columns to represent the months and my expense categories in the rows below. The last row is a Total row of all the expenses above it. One of the values I want to represent in a 12-month line graph is the Total row less the Misc Expense row. How can I graph this without creating a new row in my worksheet to hold just this calculated value? I'm very comfortable with writing macros if that's what it will take to accomplish this. Thanks, Barry ...

Can not Customize Leads View

Large data
I have 20 rows and 20 columns in a sheet Trying to plot the line chart for the same But it looks very cluttered Can anyone suggest a way for this -- Thanks, Shivali Sadavarte Do all series have to be plotted on the same chart? Or is there some kind of logical grouping (e.g. companies A-E; revenue, profit, stock price, and operating margin for each)? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Shivali Sadavarte" <shivali.sadavarte@tcs.com> wrote in message news:78880A3A-...

Bulk attachments

Disable Auto Add of addresses
How does one disable the auto add of email addresses? Often times, I already have the contact formatted in my address book, but when I get an email from them it is formatted different, and I have to "delete" that which comes up when using auto-complete, and then use the manual add to add the addressee to my email... Any assistance would be greatly appreciated You may disable it in Options Food Snobbery wrote: > How does one disable the auto add of email addresses? > > Often times, I already have the contact formatted in my address book, but > when...

Can't delete email #2

Can Not Reply To Emails

Chart line is discontinuous
Hello, A similar problem to my last. I have entered data from reading sheets and not every date/time has a data point. I have noticed that if there is no date/time the chart does not draw the line between data points. Please help me out with this. You can set your chart options (Tools, Options, Chart tab) to treat empty cells as not plotted (leave gaps) zero or interpolated. -- Steve "Lady Excel" <LadyExcel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1F7136D3-3B22-49B9-AFC7-E6BB1FE47E32@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > A similar problem to my last. I have e...

How can I rename a database table?

What is the quickest way to get an xml based dataset to add entries to SQL Server?
Because there is no 'datareader' involved, what is the most efficient way to get an XML based dataset to be added to an SQL server dataset? I would hate to have to create a new SQL connection and iterate through making "executenonquery" for each row in the dataset. That seems horribly in-efficient. I know of no other way to get an xml based dataset to push data to the database though. Any pointers? Thanks for any pointers, Peter Robbins Freelance Programmer C#/PHP "MurdockSE" <murdock@nc.rr.com> wrote in message news:1153922058.675709.165630@h48g2000cwc.go...

Can (or how can) I do this

Dynamic Chart Formula Question
I'm trying to create a worksheet that can be copied with an embedded dynamic chart. I created the named formulas at the worksheet level and then entered the names in the worksheet formula dialog box and the chart works fine. The part that doesn't work is that when I copy the worksheet the named formulas update to the new name of the copied sheet but the chart formula doesn't update properly. I've tried inserting indirect references into the chart formula and that didn't work. Is there a way to get the chart formula to update on the copied worksheet? Hi, this is probab...

Excel automatically adds path to external reference -> formula too long
Excel 2000 SR1 / Windows 2000 I have moved a large Excel application to a new folder. However this creates the following problem: I have many external references to other Excel files located in the SAME folder. Fields with references such as: '[File1.XLS]Sheet1'!C50 + '[File1.XLS]Sheet2'!C50 + ... are automatically converted by excel into: 'D:\Full path\[File1.XLS]Sheet1'!C50 + 'D:\Full path\[File1.XLS]Sheet2'!C50 + ... This results finally into errors, since the formula becomes to long to fit into a single field. Can anyone please give me a hint, how to turn...

Can not archive

button grayed out for Charting
I am trying to use the Chart Wizard or the Chart Toolbar to create a chart. However, both are greyed out. Any idea why or what I should do to fix this? thanks, Ron Usual suspects are protected workbook or worksheet. Shared workbook. rgraham1 wrote: > I am trying to use the Chart Wizard or the Chart Toolbar to create a chart. > However, both are greyed out. > > > > Any idea why or what I should do to fix this? > > thanks, > > Ron > -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info Thanks for the fast reply Andy. I've checked...