Can excel display text in CHART's data table?

All my text are displayed as "0".......just want to keep some comments nicely
in there.Not sure whether excel can do this. Or anybody knows other better
way?

something like this:
para1              1.2     1.3     1.4
para2              1        7         100
comments       bad    good     excellent
0
8uv (1)

Hi,

The chart data table is very limited in terms of formatting.

You would be better using cells to display the information you want. And
position the chart above them

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"8uv" <8uv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> All my text are displayed as "0".......just want to keep some comments
> nicely
> in there.Not sure whether excel can do this. Or anybody knows other better
> way?
>
> something like this:
> para1              1.2     1.3     1.4
> para2              1        7         100
> comments       bad    good     excellent

0
andy9699 (3616)

Fields in TransactionEntry table
I hope someone can help me understand the contents of three fields in the TransactionEntry table in RMS. I'm trying to see if I can use data stored in these fields to correct the Price in my Item table. Two of the fields are the FullPrice and Price. It appears to me that the Price field is the price charged at the register, the FullPrice is something like the Price in Item. The PriceSource field seems to be a code that is 1 if the regular price is charged, 10 if the price is changed by the cashier and other values depending on the size of the discount applied at the register. My h...

Can't see 401(k) contribiltion total

Text Box #2
I inserted a text box in excel using the click and drag text from the tool bar and entered the relevant comments in english and as soon as I finish the language changes to German. I have done all the basic stuff like clearing any formats, removing the text box and inserting a new box, checking langauge settings etc, but nothing works. I have than inserted 2 more text boxes in the same manner and typed the text in english and these have been fine. Can anyone tell what could be causing this problem? ...

Can't send/receive

Make table truncates text concatenated using fnConcatenate
I have a MakeTable query which uses the fnConcatenate( ) function to merge a bunch of information into a single field. Unfortunately, the field length exceeds 255 characters and the MakeTable tries to dump this into a text field, rather than identifying that the field should be a memo field. I know I could create the base table and import the data from my query into that table, but I would prefer to make this table on the fly, and then delete it when I am done with it. Any recommendations? -- Email address is not valid. Please reply to newsgroup only. On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 12:48:04 -07...

Can not Customize Leads View

need to chart sum of 2 rows in worksheet
I have a worksheet in which I have 12 columns to represent the months and my expense categories in the rows below. The last row is a Total row of all the expenses above it. One of the values I want to represent in a 12-month line graph is the Total row less the Misc Expense row. How can I graph this without creating a new row in my worksheet to hold just this calculated value? I'm very comfortable with writing macros if that's what it will take to accomplish this. Thanks, Barry ...

Bulk attachments

Excel's calculations are off a few cents!
I can't figure out why my TOTAL for $ column is off from 1-5 cents. When I check the amounts going across, they are correct, but the amount at the bottom of the column is off!! What am I doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I have to manually check all Excel's figures. View more decimal places Natalie, does it still add up incorrectly?? I'm guessing your summing calculated values, that are viewed at less precision than calculated. You can use ROUND(formula, #decimals) to make the calculations round to the precision you desire, or you can set "Tools&q...

Can't delete email #2

Can Not Reply To Emails

How can I rename a database table?

Can (or how can) I do this

Writing Text File with code UTF-8
Hello Does somebody know how to write a Text File with code UTF-8 from Dexterity? I know that are 3 functions to write text files: TextFile_Writeline() TextFile_WriteDOS() TextFile_WriteText() But there is not therein a parameter to achieve text file be written with code UTF-8. I=92ll appreciate your guide. Best regards. ------=_NextPart_0001_A41C49B3 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Dexterity does not support double byte or unicode. You might need to use COM or win32 dll calls to get the OS to write the file for you. The difference between WriteLine and WriteDOS i...

Can not archive

How do i convert excel to csv in command line? ( not save as)
I am trying to automate a system which needs the files in csv format. Is there any way to convert excel to csv in command line, instead of the usual 'save as'? PS: If you know any UNIX utilities too, please mention. F1, No way I can think of from the command line. You could write an Excel macro that controls the whole process. Open a file, save as csv, close, next file, loop. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "F1" <F1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B67ACCB6-CC54-4B5E-...

Display Date from Unbound Field in Form in a Query
Just had an issue that in 10 years of using Access never saw - just wondering if I just never encountered it or what... I have a form running a query, the user enters a date. The report needs to show the date - so the query has a field like this: report date: [Forms!]![frm_report]![txtReportDate] I had a problem exporting to Excel - seems the direct placement in the query led to characters that Excel could not understand. I actually had another date field from the form that I did a date add on, it worked fine. I eventaully put the form reference in a Format, the issue was gone. The...