Built in excel 2007 formats via VBA

Does anyone know how to format a line using excel 2007 built in presets via
vba, as the macro won't capture them?

Thanks and regards, Mark

0
mark1189 (12)

To figure this out for yourself, see
Case Study – Embedded and Linked Objects
http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/vba/vba-embedded%20or%20linked%20objects.htm

--
Tushar Mehta
http://www.tushar-mehta.com

"mark Stephens" wrote:

> Does anyone know how to format a line using excel 2007 built in presets via
> vba, as the macro won't capture them?
>
> Thanks and regards, Mark

Thanks for that Tushar, appreciate the help, regards, mark

"Tushar Mehta" <NGunder_scorePoster@tushar-hyphen-mehta.SeeOhEm> wrote in
message news:193E010B-2C51-4F19-A395-854A0150B088@microsoft.com...
> To figure this out for yourself, see
> Case Study - Embedded and Linked Objects
> http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/vba/vba-embedded%20or%20linked%20objects.htm
>
> --
> Tushar Mehta
> http://www.tushar-mehta.com
> Custom business solutions leveraging a multi-disciplinary approach
> In Excel 2007 double-click to format may not work; right click and select
> from the menu
>

> "mark Stephens" wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know how to format a line using excel 2007 built in presets
>> via
>> vba, as the macro won't capture them?
>>
>> Thanks and regards, Mark

0
mark1189 (12)

PRINT USING BUILT-IN PRINTER FONT ???
How can I print my excel sheet using one of the built in printer font ? Is it possible with excel - or - do I need to use a word processor or something ? The font I am trying to use is Draft Condenced.But it is not available in excel's Fonts list.Do I need to install it ? ( I am using an Epson LQ300+ Dot matrix printer. ) Thanks, Naveen Naveen, Epson will only print text files using its built-in fonts, so you could export your data to a .prn file prior to printing: otherwise, you get Excel's formatting. HTH, Bernie Excel MVP "Naveen" <naveene@isb.lk> wrote ...

May you help me? output data MS Access query to excel and create chart.
You can help me. output query in MS Access to new worksheet in MS Exce and create any chart. plz tell me. How to do it. it improtant for m Attachment filename: chart.jpg Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=54454 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com In Access, get the result of the query in a datasheet form. Copy. Switch to XL. Paste. Alternatively, in Excel, use Data | Import External Data > New database query... and follow directions on using MS Query to get data from the Access database. -- Regards, ...

Excel VBA
hi people, is there a way to setup a macro that records a time (like a stopwatc and the record this in a cell??? cheers stev -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Is it a specific time you want or a counter that rises as time passes To just get a specific time and record it in a cell you can use th NOW() function. Dunca -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi there, Just like a stopwatch, so i click a button to start and one to stop Hope that helps thanks stev -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If you want something that counts visually on ...

Shade Excell Cell
Created a calendar with each day in a single cell. Need to shade half the cell in one color and the other half a different color (vertically). Is this possible? Hi Are far as I know the only way you will achieve this is to put a rectangle or square Autoshape over the cells, or insert a couple of text boxes and colour them. Either way the data you put in them will not calculate as Excel Data. Other option is to split the cells, but that can get very messy later on if you need to sort or manipulate data. HTH Michael "stilllearning" wrote: > Created a calendar with each...

I would like to know if I can make a polar chart with excel
I need to make a grafic of Ø Vrs. K*SenØ, but the chart must be polar Hi, Here are some resources that may help you out. Check out FunChrt6.zip on Stephen Bullen's site http://www.bmsltd.ie/Excel/Default.htm http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/Polar.htm http://www.andypope.info/charts/polarplot.htm Cheers Andy mario567 wrote: > I need to make a grafic of Ø Vrs. K*SenØ, but the chart must be polar -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Excel Not Accepting Dates in 1800s
1. I have been trying to export a report from Brio into excel. Wha I'm experiencing is any dates in my report prior to 1900 get replace in excel with the number symbol (#####). Anyone know how to fix this? 2. Another thing I can't seem to find out. When I export a one-colum list, the formatting is retained in excel. Is there any way to ge excel to format one long list into multiple columns so that the list i not so long? Thank you! Soni -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Sonia! Excel only handles dates after 31-Dec-1900. VBA will handle dates before that a...

How to open Excel file without Excel?
My daughter e-mailed me a spreadsheet in Excel but I don't have Excel resident on my home PC. I have Windows 98 sysm and it's related programming (Microsoft Works, Money, etc. etc.) Is there any way to open this spreadsheet in another program or convert the spreadsheet into a readable format? Is it possible I have Excel on my system but don't know it? If all you want to do is view the file, you could use the free viewer from MS: http://office.microsoft.com/downloads/2000/xlviewer.aspx busybuddy wrote: > > My daughter e-mailed me a spreadsheet in Excel but I don...

Excel rows
In the Excel XP version, how many rows are actually in a spreadsheet? 65536 Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Lin" wrote: > In the Excel XP version, how many rows are actually in a spreadsheet? ...

Chart won't hold formatting
Excel 2007. I am trying to change the font size of data labels on a line chart. Also changing the color of the lines. After making the changes and saving the spreadsheet, if I close and reopen the sheet, the data labels and line colors have reverted to default size, fonts, and color. I need to put these charts in a powerpoint. When copying into power point all formats also revert to default. Using Powerpoint 2007. Doesn't matter what type of paste either. paste, paste link, or paste special. png, jpg, or metafile all revert to default once pasted into powerpoint. Presentation is M...

Differences between Excel 2000 and 2003?
Hi! I work in a software development project where I have application which uses Excel for some advanced calculations. The application access the Excel sheet and writes it's input in some specific cells and then reads the result from some other cells. Now have the computer department decided to upgrade from Office 2000 to Office 2003. My questions is if there are any known differences between these Excel versions that might affect my application? Many thanks! Regards, Per-Anders. Well, it depends on what your application actually does within Excel, but there should not be any maj...

Running Access 2007 and Access 97 in tandem
Greetings folks! I have an *.mde which requires Access '97 to be viewed, but I just upgraded to Access 2007. Now, everytime I launch 2007, it detects Access '97 and wipes it out of the windows registry. What can be done to get these two versions to play nice on the same machine? Thanks in advance! CPLWeeks On Thu, 1 Jul 2010 08:14:33 -0700 (PDT), CPLWeeks <matthew.weeks@gmail.com> wrote: >I have an *.mde which requires Access '97 to be viewed, but I just >upgraded to Access 2007. Now, everytime I launch 2007, it detects >Access '97 and wipes it out of the wi...

Outlook 2007 Vista, Indexing files?
Hello, Suddenly this morning Outlook 2007 stopped using my Vista Indexing, So, I have looked at "Index messages in these data file" from the menu Tools | Options | Preferences | Search Options and found that there are no data files in the list box. How can I solve this problem please so I will see the data files for the Indexing? Thanks in advanced, Asaf Hi Asaf, Close outlook while you try these steps, � Point to START >>> RUN >>> Type �Net STOP WSEARCH� without quotes Click ok, once this process is complete. � Point to ...

excel 2007 csv gibberish
I'm using Office 2007 English. When I open a previously saved csv file that was saved containing Hebrew text, it opens as gibberish. When I open saved Excel file that is Hebrew it opens correctly. Why would cause this to happen suddenly? How are you saving the CSV file? Did it work in Excel 2003? While saving as CSV pick 'Unicode Text (.txt)" option and see whether it solves the problem. Normally text files (CSV) contain English characters only (ASCII chars upto 127). Hebrew Characters are beyond 127... so you need to save in Unicode. "Fran" wrot...

Linking to Excel
What i am trying to do is basically link a visio building layout to excel spreadsheet. I require help with the following: I want to number each desk on the layout so the numbers are visabl when i print out the layout. Also i want those desk numbers to link to a excel database so that whe either the excel database or the visio desk numbers change the replicate through to both. p.s i am using visio 2003 Thanks for your help in advanc -- glen_226710 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- glen_2267101's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid...

outlook 2007 and activesync 4.5
After reinstalling wxp and office 2007 i can't synchronise my Dell-PDA in outlook. Activesync says: Problem 85010014 on desktop.... I have reinstalled Outlook / office / activesync. Nothing worked. It has something totdo with outlook, but untilll now nobody coud help me out. You can...?! i hope. My pda says that there has been an sync... "Marius" <Marius@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CCA1BF9E-FB29-4F77-BB0A-C02172FAC0AF@microsoft.com... > After reinstalling wxp and office 2007 i can't synchronise my Dell-PDA in > outlook. > A...

Excel Conundrum
I need to determine what is the best way to do the following: I have 2 worksheets within the same workbook, one I call "Parts Combined Lists", one I call "Parts Costs". The first contains part numbers and descriptions and names of the parts. Using this list, I copy just the part numbers into a query in an SAP database to get the cost of any of these part numbers. The result is that only 1/3 of the part numbers (from my sheet) have associated costs. I then copy that result to the "Parts Costs" sheet, 2 columns, "A" contains part numbers that ...

Missing fields when I import from Access to Excel...
Hi!, I have an auto update import on a access table, it works mostly ok, it update all user entered fields ok, but the fields that come up automatically when you make a selection somewhere else on the form don't. For example, when I select member # from a drop down, the First and Last Names come up in the respective fields automatically. The drop down list, has the member # in one row, and the first and last names in following rows respectively. When I import to excel, it gets the member #, but not the first and last names. It doesn't even create a column heading for them. Other f...

Parameters in Excel
I am trying to figure out if there is a way to set sliding scale in Excel. I am trying to create a commission calculation sheet and the agents get paid a bonus if they reach a certain pay grade within six months. I need for Excel to look at the dates and determine if the date that is entered in is more than six months after the dates that are entered on the other sheets. Each workbook will have around 50 to 100 worksheets and I need it to look at all the dates. I realize that I may have to create another sheet that has all the dates and amounts on it but what function should I use to ge...

Secure code in Excel & Power Point ADD-INS
Is there any way to secure code in Excel & Power Point ADD-INS, except the password defined in VBA ? No. Use VB to create COM addins. ************ Anne Troy VBA Project Manager www.OfficeArticles.com <CLarkou@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1132296881.379001.293560@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > Is there any way to secure code in Excel & Power Point ADD-INS, except > the password defined in VBA ? > Thanks a lot, these add-ins can be called in Access also, isn't? The COM add-ins can be created by Visual Basic code or it needs C++ ? You can use VB. -- ...

Access Denied when trying to write to file via Web Service
Forgive me if this seems trivial but I cannot seem to find an answer. For testing purposes, one of my methods in my Web Service writes to a file (at least tries). I am using the following line of code to create the text file: Dim sw As StreamWriter = New StreamWriter("c:\Accesstimes.txt") But the error i get back when trying to execute this line of code is the following: Access to the path "c:\Accesstimes.txt" is denied I am at a loss as to why the web service can't create and write to a file on the local drive. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Ma...

Ziping excel 2007?
My company recently upgraded to office 2007. With excel 2003 I could zip a 30-35mb file to less than 5mb. The same kinds of files/data in 2007 only zip from 30-35mb to 25-28mb. Is there a different software that can comprress better? Is there a setting in Excel 2007 i can change? thanks The reason that zip doesn't do much with an xlsx file is that your xlsx file is already a zipped collection of xml files. To confirm this, try copying your xlsx file, then rename the copy from .xlsx to .zip, then open the zipped folder and see what's there. -- David Biddulph &q...

conditional formatting 02-27-08
Is there a way to do conditional formatting in a list box? Thanks As far as I know you can change the fontcolor but that's about it. Conditional formatting is not an option you can apply to listboxes. hth -- Maurice Ausum "smk23" wrote: > Is there a way to do conditional formatting in a list box? > > Thanks Conditional formatting applies to controls, but it doesn't distinguish rows in a list box or combo box control. If it is at all possilble, Stephan Lebans would be the one whou could. Check his site at Lebans.com -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP ...

Built-In Reporting
Are there any built-in reports within Exchange 2K3? I'm trying to determine things like: > Who's the biggest user of email > How many internal / external messages have been processed, etc. Thanks, Enrique Not really. NetIQ has some of this in their App Manager / App Analyser Suite, and if you are running a small shop, take a look at http://www.promodag.com -- regards, Michael Abbaticchio MVP for Microsoft Exchange Server http://exchange.mvps.org "Enrique" <enrique@avertinc.com> wrote in message news:uB%23f8O9uEHA.4028@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > A...

Excel 2007 Checkbook Register Question
Hi - I am a noob to Excel. I downloaded the checkbook register from the Excel website figuring it would be an easy way for me to become familiar with the program. Here's what I downloaded: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC101909831033.aspx?pid=CT101438521033 I put my "Balance Forward" in the top row, then added a deposit. The deposit and the "Balance Forward" added correctly. Then, I entered a check, but for some reason the amount of the check, which was placed in the Debit cell, did not automatically subtract from the balance. Question - H...

Milliseconds in Excel
Hi, Is there any way to get the millisecond value of the system clock in Excel. All help much appreciated. One of the Time formats is mm:ss.0. In a cell I enter =NOW() and used this format then I use Custom format to have mm:ss.000 But every time I pressed F9 the last digit was 0, so I guess the system clock counts only in centiseconds -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in e-mail address "ccdubs" <ccdubs@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1077824599.89871@drone5.qsi.net.nz... > Hi, > > Is there any way to get the millisecond value of th...