Best way to create a chart w/ xy axis, quartile circles and point plots?

I am looking to create a chart with an x-y axis where each quadrant
represents a different category (to receive a rating). There should be
four concentric circles representing the quartiles (so the
circles/borders would represent 25%, 50%, 75% 100%). I have a chart that
calculates provider ratings for each category and in what quartile (what
exact %) they fall. I want to put this all together to get an overall
picture, but am unsure of the most direct/easiest way to do so.

I have attached an image I drew that is basically what I am looking to
create in an Excel chart- I'm happy to answer any questions if this is
unclear. Any help much appreciated!

|Filename: ChartExample1.jpg                                        |
|Download: http://www.excelbanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=302|

Jennlax27iga0

On Friday, March 2, 2012 7:56:51 AM UTC+13, Jennlax27iga0 wrote:
> I am looking to create a chart with an x-y axis where each quadrant
> represents a different category (to receive a rating). There should be
> four concentric circles representing the quartiles (so the
> circles/borders would represent 25%, 50%, 75% 100%). I have a chart that
> calculates provider ratings for each category and in what quartile (what
> exact %) they fall. I want to put this all together to get an overall
> picture, but am unsure of the most direct/easiest way to do so.
>
> I have attached an image I drew that is basically what I am looking to
> create in an Excel chart- I'm happy to answer any questions if this is
> unclear. Any help much appreciated!

> |Filename: ChartExample1.jpg                                        |
> |Download: http://www.excelbanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=302|

> Jennlax27iga0

One way would be to make an image of the circles and Categories in a drawing program like Paint.Net and set it as the Format Plot Area - Fill.  Then set your axes to go through the middle of it.
 xt
On Friday, March 2, 2012 8:53:57 AM UTC+13, the.ch...@clear.net.nz wrote:
> [...]

> > exact %) they fall. I want to put this all together to get an overall
> > picture, but am unsure of the most direct/easiest way to do so.
> >
> > I have attached an image I drew that is basically what I am looking to
> > create in an Excel chart- I'm happy to answer any questions if this is
> > unclear. Any help much appreciated!
> >

> > +-------------------------------------------------------------------+
> > |Filename: ChartExample1.jpg                                        |
> > |Download: http://www.excelbanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=302|
> > +-------------------------------------------------------------------+
> >

> > --
> > Jennlax27iga0
>
> One way would be to make an image of the circles and Categories in a drawing program like Paint.Net and set it as the Format Plot Area - Fill.  Then set your axes to go through the middle of it.
I've put an example at http://www.mediafire.com/?6wmg88htqf9twjz using a polar chart I had hanging around  xt

Please need help w/Form Code
I have a parameter form when I enter the data it puts the data in the first record it finds. How can I revise this to find the record I select and save the data to the specific records? Thank you in advance for any help you can provide. Private Sub cboMbr_AfterUpdate() Dim rst As DAO.Recordset Set rst = Me.RecordsetClone rst.FindFirst "[ID] = '" & cboMb & "'" If Not rst.NoMatch Then Me.Bookmark = rst.Bookmark End If End Sub Are the controls that you enter data into bound or unbound? -- Steve S -------------------------...

is there a way to zoom the Excel view to the current highlighted cells..with a single click
Never mind I found it zoom to selection I wonder f theres a way to hotkey (shortcut) this? Jery ...

Simple charting question
I don't believe I'm having so much trouble with this. I'm trying to make a graph with Temperature (Celesius) as the X-axis and Baseball Speed (Km/hr) as the Y-axis. When I highlight the columns below and try to make a bar graph - 0 44.1 1 47 3 44.7 4 43.5 5 50.2 13 59.9 I get two series plotted or shown seperately. I would like to get one of the following: ...

There must be a way.........
There must be a way to be sure all Vista and W7 system files are signed (not corrupted). I've researched and have not found a way. Can anybody help? <five256@NOwhere.com> wrote in message news:hb12r5tjthdtl87hlpgrcapq9b0hd87c4e@4ax.com... > There must be a way to be sure all Vista and W7 system files are signed > (not corrupted). I've researched and have not found a way. Can anybody > help? Yes, there is. It's called the System File Check tool. Read about system file protection here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/222193 On Mon, 29 Mar 2...

Best text books / manuals for MS Office (intermediate-Advanced use
What are the best (most highly reccomended) text books / instruction manuals you can get for Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, & Word and also VBE? I consider myself to be Quite proficient in Excel......Can produce a decent document in Publisher.......Can "Get by" in Word....Not enough knowledge of Access......Only used PowerPoint once....... I started using BASIC (the programming language) back in the '80s, so I have some knowledge of VBE (Formulas & syntax are quite simular from what I see now). I have created several Excel projects with Macros bu...

is there a way to hide a whole worksheet in excel?
I would basically like to place all formulae on one worksheet and hide from anyone tempted to amend. most folks know how to unhide cells etc. Even if someone knows a sneakier way of making viewing of formula unviewable Good evening Marion McFarlane To hide a worksheet go to Format > Sheet > Hide. This can be unhidden through the same menu (but use unhide instead). To hide cells from view press ctrl + 1 and change the number format to Custom and ;;; (three semicolons). The formulae will still show in the status bar, so to hide from there, press ctrl + 1 and in the Protection ta...

No answer so I'm reposting (1 of 2): Some Visio drawings lose text when creating PDF from Word
I have a number of Visio drawings that I've inserted into a Word document, using Edit>>Copy Drawing in Visio then Paste Special (selecting Microsoft Visio Drawing Object and Paste Link). When I compile a PDF using Adobe Acrobat Professional 7, some of the Visio drawings lose their text (all of it). The text is there in the Word document, just doesn't come through when I create the PDF<arggh> Anyone got any ideas or cures?? Thanks Mike On Thu, 4 Jan 2007 14:40:42 -0600, "Mike Starr" <mike@writestarr.com> wrote: >I have a number of Visio drawings tha...

Charting Textual Statistics
Hi all, i've got this worksheet going. the data is a collection of stats from market research. its got name, company, address questions and answers some are simple answers like yes no, others are multiple choices. so basically i want to draw up charts for this. but i figure i can onl do this with numerical data not textual data. is there a formula or wa around it? i am absolutely clueless how to do it. so if it works out i want a pie chart or bar chart that represents th question and the percentages of how the answers were received. e.g. fo a sample question of what kind of pets do ...

The best photographer
He is the best famous photographer.. http://club.cyworld.com/dcnomad ...

Create Formula
Hi All, Please help me by creating a simple formula to findout the percentage differences of "current month" - "last month" automatically whenever the data is updated. Grade Year Jan Feb Mar Apr May 1 2005 2555 3488 2213 3239 Thanks, Lazia math is (current month)/(prior month) - 1 If current month iis in C2 and prior in B2, then in the cell where you want the % change, type: =C2/B2-1 "Lazia" wrote: > Hi All, Please help me by creating a simple formula to findout the percentage > differences of "current month" - "last mo...

Why do I get some missing minor gridlines in an excel chart?
I have an excel chart. The horizontal minor gridlines (y-axis) show correctly. Some of the vertical minor gridlines (x-axis) are missing. Any ideas on how to correct this. I can turn the minor gridlines off, but I would like to have them for my content. What version of Excel? Line or XY chart ? Any chance you could share the data with us? best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "maryrose" <maryrose@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DBF4F518-C554-4564-A9A7-4217D67508DC@microsoft.com... ...

Where is the best place to put notes?
We are new to MSCRM and are not used to all of the possible places that you can enter notes. Has anyone created a structure for their company as to what notes should be entered where? Wendy, There are many ways to handle notes. You have accurately identified that notes are kind of disjointed. What you might consider doing is creating a central notes depository in Sharepoint and then adding a customization with an inline frame that shows the Sharepoint notes repository in several different parts of CRM. In general, you have not provided enough information on what you are trying to ac...

Formula help in Excel which is the correct way ?
Tax is 23 % which is h-9 Total Cost is 75,000 which is b-9 I want to create a formula in B-11 that is 23% of total cost. So I did =H9*B$11 but apparently this isn't correct so what is the correct formula ?. need an absolute reference to H-7. So if you can give me the correct formula I would appreciate i -- SSVegett ----------------------------------------------------------------------- SSVegetto's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2822 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47775 =$H$9*B9 Don't know wher...

How do you create an Outlook application object in my web page using VBscript?
How do you create an Outlook application object in my web page using VBscript? When I do the following code, I received an error "ActiveX component can't create object: 'Outlook.Application' ". The same code runs fine in VB 6. Thank you. <script language="VBScript"> set objOLApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") </script> The error means that the user may have IE set not to allow scripting of items not marked safe for scripting. If your code is running on a page on a site in the Trusted Sites zone, it should work OK (but check t...

creating a book in Publisher
I want to create an A5-sized book/booklet in Publisher. I might as well be shooting for the moon. The program's Help feature is unhelpful, and none of the dedicated Publisher books I have bought go near the topic, yet I'm sure it is possible. Will someone out there please put me out of my misery! All I want is a simple guide to creating a 48-page booklet. The first 4 pages will be one format/layout; the remaining pages will be another format/layout and would therefore benefit from using Master Pages. And I want to incorporate an index. Is that so hard? Microsoft seem to thin...

what is the best way to resize test that "best fits" the text box
I just want to know how to resize text to fit the text box. Select the text and reduce the font size until it suits your requirements. There is no automatic function for this. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> "utahjohn" <utahjohn@discussions.microsof...

Waterfall Charts
I have created an excel sheet that calculates the data for creating a waterfall type chart which is a stacked bar chart in graph with the bottom stack hidden. (Using IF statements, ABS formulas) Is there a way to make these type charts automatic by taking my calculated data and somehow have Excel generate the charts from this data. Maybe a menu driven way by entering this data with the variables for each different chart. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Excel 2002, Windows 2000 THX Fritz78 Excel has no native way to accomplish this, but if you Google 'Excel Waterfall Chart&...

Opening Graph Format Axis Window with Vb code
dear friends, i am using ms office 2003. i have displayed a Microsoft Graph Chart in a form. in that graph if we double click at Origin( where x any y axes intersect each ohter), we will get a data table view. if we again double click at Origin, then we will get a window called Format Axis. it consits of tabs Patterns, scale,Font,Number and Alignment how do we open that window with Vb code. when i click a button that window should be opened ...

Setting chart title.
I am getting an ArgumentException with the message, "This object has no title." from the following code: chart.ChartTitle.Text = "Total Sales Comparison"; If I comment out this line the chart is created but the Title is "Chart Title". What do I need to do to set the chart title? If it helps here is the code I am using to create the chart: Excel.Shape shape = ws.Shapes.AddChart(Excel.XlChartType.xlLine, missing, missing, missing, missing); shape.Name = "YTDTotalSales"; Excel.Chart chart = shape.Chart; if (chart != null) { chart.SetSourceDat...

How to create vista glass buttons ?
Hello, i wish to create a glass button for my MFC application like those in Windows Media Player. can u guide me the basics of creating a new button in MFC. Thanks, Varun C.H "Tranquil2000" <varunc_h@hotmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:%23uJhzrGJJHA.3424@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > i wish to create a glass button for my MFC application like those in > Windows Media Player. can u guide me the basics of creating a new button > in MFC. Hi, I think that Windows Media Player "glass buttons" are not part of standard Windows common controls. To ver...

Best way to forecast individual sales territories?
I have a spreadsheet with twelve months of sales data per territory (100 territories.) I need to forecast the next three months. The product being sold is just moving from launch phase to high growth phase, so it's still growing pretty quickly. What is the best method to forecast each individual territories' sales over the next three months? ...

Is there a "preferred" way to update properties based on other properties?
Let's say I have a class that represents a rectangle: class Rectangle { private int width; private int height; private int area; public int Width { get { return width; } set { width = value; } } public int Height { get { return height; } set { height= value; } } public int Area { get { return area; } } } Obviously, area does not represent anything based on that. How to best keep area in sync is the purpose of this question. One way would be to simply get rid of the variable area, and make the ...

graph points european
Hey, I would like to form a graph with financial data, but since the numbers in my worksheet are in american style, points that is, it doesn't work since it's in european style. I can't create my graphs. I've already tried a lot, but it doesn't work at all. I used to replace points, I changed my text into values, wrote a lot of macro's but none of them work at all. Maybe it's something in my code, I dunno ... It only works in Excel, but not in combination with VBA, but it's that, what I want. here is my code. I know it's a lot, but I'm a bit desperate....

OWA/OMA Protection
<No response from other forum> Hello, I have a Exchange 2003/OWA frontend that is protected with RSA two factor authentication inside a Checkpoint Firewall. The RSA part works fine and everything is good. Now I buy a Motorola Droid and need to set up the Exchange Sync and the RSA poses a problem. If I remove the RSA protection the Droid connects to the OWA and syncs well. Calls to RSA says it will not work with a Droid so I'd have to get rid of the RSA authentication. The question is: it looks like if I want to use a Android 2.0 based Droid phone to sync with outlook...

color chart turns gray when printed in word 2000
After copying into Word 2000 an Excel 2000 chart with colors, two things happen: 1) fonts change from Excel into Word; 2) after manually correcting the fonts, the chart with color now prints in grayscale. It prints in color before changing the font sizes. Please post or e-mail possible solutions. Thanks! ...