best tutorials for graphs ( line of best fit) for excel

What are the best tutorials  for using excel for stastical analysis graphs
and other graphs such as Line of best fit?
0
D (176)

Niccole:

Here's a link to my chart gallery of Excel statistical charts.

http://processtrends.com/TOC_chart_gallery.htm

Here's a link to my page on trend analysis with Excel. This page shows
several regression techniques that you can use with Excel.

http://processtrends.com/toc_trend_analysis_with_Excel.htm

Post back if you have more specific questions.

Kelly O'Day

koday at processtrends dot com

"Niccole D" <Niccole D@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> What are the best tutorials  for using excel for stastical analysis graphs
> and other graphs such as Line of best fit?

0
dkod (205)
4/25/2008 12:45:23 AM
Your discussion of LINEST (LOGEST behaves similarly) explicitly continues the
misconception, fostered by Excel's Help, that LINEST is limited to simple
linear regression.  Actually the x data can be a rectangular region, in which
case LINEST does multiple regression linear in the unknowns.  Polynomial
regression is a special case that can be handled by array formulas without
the need to have the power columns explicitly exist on the worksheet, as in
  =LINEST(ycolumn,xcolumn^{1,2,3,...},intercept,stats)

The ATP regression tool simply reformats and expands (not always
intelligently) the output of LINEST.

Prior to 2003, LINEST could get into numerical difficulty quickly on
polynomial regressions that the chart trendline handled quite well.

"Improvements" to charting in 2007 make it unreliable in many instances that
LINEST now handles easily.

Jerry

"Kelly O'Day" wrote:

> Niccole:
> Here's a link to my page on trend analysis with Excel. This page shows
> several regression techniques that you can use with Excel.
>
> http://processtrends.com/toc_trend_analysis_with_Excel.htm
0
post_a_reply (1395)

FRx SP10 Export to Excel
Hello all, We have encountered a problem in FRx whereby: - a report is set to output to Excel (with Export Formulas switched on) - the row contains a total - there is more than one column of figures The formula in the total cell will be the same for every column - i.e. it will show the total of the first column in every column of data. Naturally we can get around this by turning off Export Formulas, but this is hardly a good solution. Similar issues seem to have been reported in KB902625 and KB865083, but both of these were subsequently fixed in earlier Service Packs. Has the bug been rein...

Excel Formula Poser
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0001_01C74C75.8BD73550 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I have created a worksheet to provide details of resources. Within the worksheet are separate sheets for each month this financial year (i.e. Feb 2007 - March 2008) Along the top I have three separate rows with differing rates for different clients and below, I have a number of sections for those different clients which list different projects. Within each of these sections are formulae in the form: =(C6*C15)+...

The best photographer
He is the best famous photographer.. http://club.cyworld.com/dcnomad ...

LINE-Column graph
Hello, MS EXCEL 2003 on XP PRO. I want to create a graph with 3 series. I want one to be a Column and the other two to be lines. I use LINE-COLUMN out of the custom graph types and it forces the second data set to a column. Is there a legit way around it? Right now I'm including a dummy dataset in that #2 spot. Then deleting the key in the legend. There has to be a more legit way to do this. Thanks! -- BlueWolverine MSE - Mech. Eng. Go BLUE! Hi, You can prevent Excel from starting the chart this way if you choose Line-Column but you can alway change the chart type of any se...

EXCEL SORT #3
If I leave the cursor in a single cell in a spreadsheet and sort the spreadshet, sometimes it will sort all the rows and all the colimns, unfortantly, sometimes it will sort all of the rows in some the columns. You can imagine the problem this creates. The only way I feel safe ist to highlight the entire working area, then sort the spreadsheet. Hi When you select a single cell before sorting, Excel sorts a range to first empty column/row. So you have to be sure you don't have any gaps in your table. -- Arvi Laanemets (When sending e-mail, use address arvil<At>tarkon.ee) ...

Plot bitmap lines
I'm looking for help in displaying line data (1280x1 grayscale) in either a bitmap or plot. Basically I'm receiving lots of 1280x1 lines in real time and I need to display this data along the Y axis. The X axis then become time. There is potential 1GB of data (800k lines) but I certainly don't want to keep that much in memory. The real time data will then be saved to file to be displayed in the same fashion later. Of course then we will know the number of lines ahead of time. Any help in displaying either the real time data or file data would be appreciated. I know I can easi...

excel 07, i don't want circular reference arrows every time I open
I know i have a circular reference and I am ok with it. In the old version of excel, you could ignore the circular reference, in this version, the program automatically posts arrows, which you have to remove in the formula auditing toolbar. Is there a way to turn this off? Maybe just notify me of the error and if I click ok, show me the errors, if "ignore" no arrows? thanks, Office button - Excel options - formulas tab = check 'Enable iterative calculation' Mike "Zack H" wrote: > I know i have a circular reference and I am ok with it. In t...

how to use marco in excel
is any one know how to use Marco in excel and what is benefits to use it? Thanks a lot -- rnparikh ------------------------------------------------------------------------ rnparikh's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25737 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=391490 Yes we know how to use a macro, they are usually required to do something not built into Excel. But if you don't have a use, why do you ask? -- HTH Bob Phillips "rnparikh" <rnparikh.1sypmc_1122692712.2267@excelforum-nospam.com> w...

is there a way to hide a whole worksheet in excel?
I would basically like to place all formulae on one worksheet and hide from anyone tempted to amend. most folks know how to unhide cells etc. Even if someone knows a sneakier way of making viewing of formula unviewable Good evening Marion McFarlane To hide a worksheet go to Format > Sheet > Hide. This can be unhidden through the same menu (but use unhide instead). To hide cells from view press ctrl + 1 and change the number format to Custom and ;;; (three semicolons). The formulae will still show in the status bar, so to hide from there, press ctrl + 1 and in the Protection ta...

Best text books / manuals for MS Office (intermediate-Advanced use
What are the best (most highly reccomended) text books / instruction manuals you can get for Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, & Word and also VBE? I consider myself to be Quite proficient in Excel......Can produce a decent document in Publisher.......Can "Get by" in Word....Not enough knowledge of Access......Only used PowerPoint once....... I started using BASIC (the programming language) back in the '80s, so I have some knowledge of VBE (Formulas & syntax are quite simular from what I see now). I have created several Excel projects with Macros bu...

Indent a line
I hope this comes out ok as I have copy/pasted. On the last line I am trying to move the word `missed` along so that it is below `As you reach` in the line above. It wont allow me to do this. I tried using the indent facility, just highlighting the word `missed` but it then moves all the lines above along as well. help please. thanks 0........... On leaving the airport terminal, head towards###, NOT Bodrum. 14.5........ On reaching Milas, turn left signposted Izmir. 43.0 **.....Enter tunnel, using dipped headlights. 51.5.........Lake Bafa comes into view on your right hand side. (not v...

Where is the best place to put notes?
We are new to MSCRM and are not used to all of the possible places that you can enter notes. Has anyone created a structure for their company as to what notes should be entered where? Wendy, There are many ways to handle notes. You have accurately identified that notes are kind of disjointed. What you might consider doing is creating a central notes depository in Sharepoint and then adding a customization with an inline frame that shows the Sharepoint notes repository in several different parts of CRM. In general, you have not provided enough information on what you are trying to ac...

Re: Sending email from command line
I'd like to do this! Can anybody say how? "Brandi" <ab@mdahospital.com> wrote in message news:... > Was I not clear in my question or does anybody know that this isn't > possible? > > "Brandi" <ab@mdahospital.com> wrote in message > news:OFY$VDjfEHA.368@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > > I have a txt file that contains a list of records. Each record contains an > > email address and some other data. The file is created every night. Every > > morning, someone reads the file and manually creates email to send the > > appro...

Smartlist downloads to Excel crashes.
When downloading a smartlist to excel it often crashes. The problem is that it will not respond when I hit the 'Stop' button at all. I literally have to Control Alt Delete the entire GP program and then start all over again. Is there a way to kill this non responding job without killing the entire program. Do you mean you're in the middle of downloading to Excel & you want to stop it (before it crashes)? I don't think you can do that - you just have to wait it out :-) -- Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager HDA, Inc. Hazelwood, MO GP 9.0, SP2 "DB" w...

getting data from excel worksheet in to a script
hi folks, i need to take input for my script from an excel sheet . the excel sheet has 8 worksheets and i want to select particular columns from a particular worksheet. please help me out in this regard. cheers, nuti ...

Why do I get some missing minor gridlines in an excel chart?
I have an excel chart. The horizontal minor gridlines (y-axis) show correctly. Some of the vertical minor gridlines (x-axis) are missing. Any ideas on how to correct this. I can turn the minor gridlines off, but I would like to have them for my content. What version of Excel? Line or XY chart ? Any chance you could share the data with us? best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "maryrose" <maryrose@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DBF4F518-C554-4564-A9A7-4217D67508DC@microsoft.com... ...

Scanning and Excel
I have a great question. Would it be possible to take a document that I scan in with monetary figures on the document and create a corresponding spreadsheet to where the monetary figures populated the corresponding fields on the spreadsheet (i.e. mileage on the scanned document would populate the mileage field in excel, so that I could calculate the total cost for mileage)Any help would be greatly appreciated. I would think that this would depend on your scanner and the software that came with it. And if you got lucky enough to have a scanner that did it and an accurate OCR program, t...

Excel Document Closes
User has one document that she likes to keep open all day and it will randomly close by itself. We have witnessed it happening but do not know why. (2000 on a Win98) If she is clicking the upper X to close any document all documents will close "Amanda" <ajolivier@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:0f7701c42614$74254ee0$a301280a@phx.gbl... : User has one document that she likes to keep open all day : and it will randomly close by itself. We have witnessed : it happening but do not know why. (2000 on a Win98) It's not from clicking the x. She can have it minimized a...

multiplying everything in line A X 50 = results in Line B
I have hours in Line A, and Need the code to multiply by 50/hr and have the results in Line B If say you have the number 20 in cell A1 and in B1 you want your answer type =A1*50 you will have the answer. You can then drag B1, down as far as you need it, and the ref A1 will change to A2, A3 and so on. -- This post was created using recycled electrons! "benjamin" wrote: > I have hours in Line A, and Need the code to multiply by 50/hr and have the > results in Line B Assuming your hours start in A1, put this in B1 =A1*50 select cell B1 again and move your cursor to the...

unchanged file (excel)
With an unchanged file (excel) I am prompted to save the "changed" file upon closing. Only seems to happen on excel files. If you have a volatile function, the automatic calc on opening will cause a change that prompts the Save. Volatile functions include NOW(), TODAY(), RAND(), AREAS(), CELL(), COLUMNS(), INDEX(), INDIRECT(), OFFSET(), ROWS(). In article <5D4A0FC2-A7AC-4103-88EC-9157E7A90789@microsoft.com>, "Cobb" <Cobb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > With an unchanged file (excel) I am prompted to save the "changed" file upon >...

Can VB6 compile Excel VBA Code using the Excel object model?
Can the Excel VBA object model be connected to VB6 so that the VBA code can be compiled into an exe? In other words can VBA code such as: ============================================================================ Selection.Sort Key1:=rngsort, Order1:=xlDescending, Header:=xlYes, _ OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom or Rows("1:1").Select Selection.AutoFilter Selection.AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="=" & col1, Operator:=xlAnd Selection.AutoFilter Field:=4, Criteria1:="=" & col4, Operator:=xlAnd or ...

Saving Excel results to Access
I made a spreadsheet which acts as a scorekeeper for darts. One column you put in what you score and the other colum subtracts the score down from 501. I managed to put in a 'New Game' macro which clears this sheet. Although I also want the newgame to save the scores to a database and the reason for this is that I want to calculate statistics in excel. Such as average score, number of legs played, number of 180's, average checkout, highest checkout etc. I'd be able to do this quite easily, but first I must figure out how to get the scores saved into access after each game is co...

Macro to Fomat Excel to .csv File
I have an Excel spreadsheet with contact information I want to import to a CRM lead system. Current Excel sheet format is all in one column going down as follows: Company Name, Address, City State Zip (all one field), Phone number, then empy cell then repeat of 4 cells listed above. Want to convert to a new .csv file with listing going left to right on on line as follows (ending up with 6 column fields - 1. Company Name 2. Address 3. City 4. State 5. Zip 6. Phone Any suggestions on how to accomplish this? Thanks. Kip ...

what is the best way to resize test that "best fits" the text box
I just want to know how to resize text to fit the text box. Select the text and reduce the font size until it suits your requirements. There is no automatic function for this. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> "utahjohn" <utahjohn@discussions.microsof...

Opening Graph Format Axis Window with Vb code
dear friends, i am using ms office 2003. i have displayed a Microsoft Graph Chart in a form. in that graph if we double click at Origin( where x any y axes intersect each ohter), we will get a data table view. if we again double click at Origin, then we will get a window called Format Axis. it consits of tabs Patterns, scale,Font,Number and Alignment how do we open that window with Vb code. when i click a button that window should be opened ...