best tutorials for graphs ( line of best fit) for excel

What are the best tutorials  for using excel for stastical analysis graphs
and other graphs such as Line of best fit?
0
D (176)

Niccole:

Here's a link to my chart gallery of Excel statistical charts.

http://processtrends.com/TOC_chart_gallery.htm

Here's a link to my page on trend analysis with Excel. This page shows
several regression techniques that you can use with Excel.

http://processtrends.com/toc_trend_analysis_with_Excel.htm

Post back if you have more specific questions.

Kelly O'Day

koday at processtrends dot com

"Niccole D" <Niccole D@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> What are the best tutorials  for using excel for stastical analysis graphs
> and other graphs such as Line of best fit?

0
dkod (205)
4/25/2008 12:45:23 AM
Your discussion of LINEST (LOGEST behaves similarly) explicitly continues the
misconception, fostered by Excel's Help, that LINEST is limited to simple
linear regression.  Actually the x data can be a rectangular region, in which
case LINEST does multiple regression linear in the unknowns.  Polynomial
regression is a special case that can be handled by array formulas without
the need to have the power columns explicitly exist on the worksheet, as in
  =LINEST(ycolumn,xcolumn^{1,2,3,...},intercept,stats)

The ATP regression tool simply reformats and expands (not always
intelligently) the output of LINEST.

Prior to 2003, LINEST could get into numerical difficulty quickly on
polynomial regressions that the chart trendline handled quite well.

"Improvements" to charting in 2007 make it unreliable in many instances that
LINEST now handles easily.

Jerry

"Kelly O'Day" wrote:

> Niccole:
> Here's a link to my page on trend analysis with Excel. This page shows
> several regression techniques that you can use with Excel.
>
> http://processtrends.com/toc_trend_analysis_with_Excel.htm
0
post_a_reply (1395)

2 same ways of protecting Excel file
In Excel 2007 we can protect workbook using 2 ways: 1. Office button > Save as, choose file format, and then Tools, General options. 2. Office button > Prepare > Encrypt document Does anybody know is there difference between these 2 ways Thanks ...

best use for x,z and zz report
now we are using z report for end of day and zz report for end of month (x report just to get hard copy of inday sales) is thier a better or more usefull way to use this three reports? best reqards Hi Bacha11....you describe what most RMS users (I believe) do with the X, Z and ZZ reports - if you have multiple shifts (example a morning shift and a afternoon shift) on your registers you could use the X and Z reports for shift reporting and the ZZ for end of day (it will include both Z reports from both shifts) - other than that I think you're good to go.... "BACHA11" wrote:...

Error upon launching excel
I receive the following error every time I launch Excel (Office 200 Pro): Forward-most box: MICROSOFT VISUAL BASIC - Compile error: Can't find project or library (OK) I click OK, and behind it is: Large window: MICROSOFT VISUAL BASIC - GWXL97.XLA [break] small window within: GWXL97.XLA - Startup Macro (Code) I have to ok my way through these every time I attempt to start Excel, either by selecting the program, or selecting an *.xls file to launch it. Please help. Chris A reply from Rob Bovey (via google): This is the add-in for Novel Groupwise. It sounds like it was removed f...

Excel
Hi ~ I have an Excel 2000 data file that is corrupt and I can't open it with the usual steps (e.g. excel viewer, web file save, linking, etc.) Now, when I try demo versions of some advertised file recovery utilities, they seem to work, but since it's only a demo download, I can't get more than a few lines of the spreadsheet. Retail costs vary for the utilities, around $200-300+. I find it incredible that MICROSOFT does not have a similar FREE utility that can be used to recover data files, but that several 3rd party companies are more than ready to cash in on these situat...

Why do Data markers in Excel 2003 appear to be bold?
When crating charts in Excell 2003 the Data Markers (numerous points) appear to be bold and blurry. This does not occur in Excel XP. Marker size is set to 2. ...

excel and no background colour
The problem I have with my Excel is that it will not display background colour in the cells. It shows the colour when you do a print preview and also when you open the files on another computer. i am using office 2002 and windows xp sp1 If the high contrast setting is turned on you won't see the fill colour. There's information in the following MSKB article: OFF: Changes to Fill Colour and Fill Pattern Are Not Displayed http://support.microsoft.com/?id=320531 anonymous wrote: > The problem I have with my Excel is that it will not > display background colour in...

: in cell references in formula (Excel 2003)
Someone put the following formula into a spreadsheet that I have to maintain: =ABC!H14:ABC!H18+ABC!H24 I understand the use of : to pass a ranged to a function, but this does not make sense to me. It only adds the values from H14, H18, and H24. Is the use of the : here a typo that happens to work, or is there a good useful purpose for it? Thank you. JerryK It doesn't seem like that should be working. I get a #VALUE! when I use it. If it was intended to sum the range plus H24, then: =SUM(ABC!H14:H18)+ABC!H24 If only those three cells were supposed to be added, then: =SUM(ABC!H14,A...

Using arrows (keys) to navigate in Excel
Not sure if I can do this but only way I can navigate between the boxes is if i press it with the mouse or if I use TAB and thats navigate it only to the next box (forward) if i press arrows Up,Down,Left or Right I am moving whole spreadsheet....so is there any way I can set it up so i actually navigate (moving withing the boxes) with my arrow keys. Thanks Sounds like you've pressed the Scroll Lock key. Any extra lights on the keyboard ? Regards Trevor <dmmatic@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1190826070.681706.256300@g4g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... > Not sure if I can do...

Opening disk containing Excel worksheet
I saved an Excel worksheet to a disk in the a drive. Later I opened it to edited the material, then resaved it to the disk. When I tried to open it again, it would not open. I received an error message stating that "The file may be read-only or you may be trying to access a read- only location." Other files on the disk do open. How can I either open the file, or at least access the contents so that I can have it retyped? I find the following thread to be fairly comprehensive. http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=lang_en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&safe=off&...

line above footnote is indented, how to correct?
when inserting a footnote, the line above it is indented not at the margin. How do you correct and/or what causes this? See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/NoteSeparators.htm. The usual reason for the indention, however, is that the Normal style (on which the separator is based) has been given a first-line indent. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "nhoyt" <nhoyt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0325B71D-DE1B-4298-9BCF-EA14D29A689C@microsoft.com... > when inserting ...

How do I create an alert of expiration date in Excel?
I created a spreadsheet to track documents. The last column is for expiration dates of documents. How can I set up an alert when the expiration date is approaching? Use conditional formatting in the cell. For example, with the date in A12, something like Formula is =TODAY()+7>=$A$12 as the condition. Then choose a pattern. "kachnycz" wrote: > I created a spreadsheet to track documents. The last column is for > expiration dates of documents. How can I set up an alert when the expiration > date is approaching? ...

Access an excel file through FTP without write protection
Hi experts I placed a question yesterday - approximately 28 hours ago - nobody have reacted on it - please tell me if you don't understand my question because my English is to bad. thanks jj ...

Graphs
I am having a bit of a problem with converting my Access 2000 graphs to 2002. I notice they reference Microsoft Graph Chart,MSGraph.Chart.8. I thought it should be referencing Chart 10 or something on that line. Is this correct? It automatically uses this when I use the chart wizard. The problem is when I try it on other XP machines it coughs on this and the graphs are cut off. Any suggestions? Lizzie I have the same problem, only I can't even get one machine to do it correctly. Someone, please help! Gal "Lizzie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

Importing an excel.csv file into outlook
I've just set up Outlook to send/receive my yahoo emails. I'm trying to import the contacts and addresses from my yahoo address book. When exporting from yahoo, my address book was saved as an excel file with comma separated values. in order to import it into outlook, i've been getting messages saying the relevant program is not there and i would have to install it or download it. It said something about frontpage, but i'm not sure what i need to do...HELP! ...

Word to Excel conversion
As we are able to mail merge from the Excel data, is it possible to convert MS Word labels into Excel Data? Hi how do you store your data currently?. If it is in a Word Table you may simply copy+paste thiese contents to Excel -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany vkumar2000@hotmail.com wrote: > As we are able to mail merge from the Excel data, is it > possible to convert MS Word labels into Excel Data? ...

Got dates in dd/mm/yy, Excel refuses to understand this
So I've got an excel table from an external source that has dates in it in the dd/mm/yy format. I'm trying to make Excel understand this, but it won't. I've tried changing the On Thu, 27 Oct 2011 10:29:20 -0700 (PDT), Daniel Klein <bringa@gmail.com> wrote: >So I've got an excel table from an external source that has dates in >it in the dd/mm/yy format. I'm trying to make Excel understand this, >but it won't. I've tried changing the There are likely several things going on. If NONE of the dates are understood by Excel, then: Although the dates...

how can i determine the area under a graph ( distance vrs height)
Hi i have a graph of distance vs heigh which i would like to calculate the area underneather the curve to give me square meters. Can this be done in excel and how would i do it? thanks Excel is not the best tool for getting area under the curve. I on't know what the resolution of your data is or if the line is straight or curved. the simple solution is to use you source data for the chart to caculate the results. the easiest way is with rectangular approximation X y 1 5 4 3 6 4 7 6 9 7 10 5 11 3 8 17 2 The area between the 1st and 2nd point is...

Excel save takes 18 times longer than Windows Explorer copy
Hi All I have an Excel system with about 10 sheets and loads of VBA modules and classes. It resides on a network at my company's headquarters. When I copy the file from my desktop to the server using Windows Explorer drag and drop it takes about 6 seconds. However if I open the Excel file from the server from my PC and save it using Excel the save time is 90 seconds. Is this normal? My users are complaining about the time it takes to save after editing. It also means that they are not saving often and are risking losing changes. Any thoughts? If the length ...

SOP Line Status Display
Display a line status on the SOP Transaction Entry window allowing you to see at a glance whether the line is fully or partially invoiced / ordered / back ordered / purchased rather than having to drill into each line to identify the open lines. For example: BO - on back order IN - invoiced PI - partially invoiced PO - on purchase order AR - all quantities ready to transfer PR - some quantities ready to transfer Particularly useful for SOP documents with many lines where quantities are invoiced a few at a time eg as they are received into stock ---------------- This post is a sugg...

Email subject line copy
I am just getting started with MSCRM and have set up a template to automatically send a message to all new leads. It is working well, but in addition to the subject I set up it add a cryptic "CRM:{311A1065-4CBF- 44F5-B522-2B113DAE7F49}:MRC" Can this be eliminated? Thanks Bob Waxler -- Bob Waxler Blue Bell Group mailto:bwaxler@bluebellgrp.com This is the GUID That is used by CRM to track the message and it's responses, If you eliminate it CRM won't track the email. -- Paul Papanek Stork MBA, CTT+, MCT, MCSE+I, MCSA, MCAD, MCDBA Solutient of Ohio, INC. email: pst...

autoshape fill problems in Excel 2003
Hi, Just upgraded to Excel 2003 from Excel 2000. Now autoshapes are not transparent so that text can't be seen through them. I go to autoshape properties and choose No Fill and the shape remains black. I can also choose other fills but not "no fill". It is black. So the text is covered up. I've tried send to back on the autoshape object with no results. I've tried changing the color of the text to no results. When I open up the file in Excel 2000 the formatting is fine. Any ideas? Thanks, Kathy ...

Excel List to Table #2
thanks Herbert. Herbert Seidenberg Wrote: > Copy Date to a column with Advanced Filterunique records only. > > =SUMPRODUCT((Date=Date2 R)*(Name=Name2 C)*Data) Is it like? Sheet1 = original (1D) list Sheet2 = one with AdvFilter-unique Sheet3 = resultant 2D table. I suppose R and C are intrinsically defined as Row and Column? still trying.... Do you think I can extend this to multi-dimension analysis? thanx Frankie LAU. -- frtklau ...

My excel spread sheet will not calculate automaticlly
In excel when i put in my formula it does not auto calculate the sum at one time it did then it stopped. How do i get it to do auto sum Tools > Options > Calculation > Automatic? -- Wigi http://www.wimgielis.be = Excel/VBA, soccer and music "Tina" wrote: > In excel when i put in my formula it does not auto calculate the sum at one > time it did then it stopped. How do i get it to do auto sum ...

Can you record a macro in Publisher like you can in Excel?
In Excel I use the feature to Record a Macro. Excel records the keystrokes and converts to VB. Does Publisher have that option? In my version, Publisher 2003, I can Create a Macro, and it takes me into VB. However, I don't know how to code VB. Darlene wrote: > In Excel I use the feature to Record a Macro. Excel records the keystrokes > and converts to VB. Does Publisher have that option? In my version, > Publisher 2003, I can Create a Macro, and it takes me into VB. However, I > don't know how to code VB. Publisher does not have a Macro Recorder, sorry. --...

Is it possible to create a mailing list in excel, not importing d.
I would like to create a mailing list in excel, entering each address in, not importing it from somewhere. Can excel do that? Or do I have to import the data, entering the addresses in a different software and doing some sort of mail merge with excel? Thank you in advance for your answer. If you have addresses in excel you can use word to mailmerge and use excel as source http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Claire Bardot" <Claire Bardot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0BE56B4-AC5A-4D08-85E1-D6C262EE6080@mi...