Best fit data from a best fit curve?

MS Excel 2003.  I have followed the instructions to apply best fit curve to
my raw data points.  I have a best fit curve that I am happy with, and I now
need to extract the corresponding actual best fit data from the curve for use
in other software applications.  Does someone know how?
0
Gigi (9)

Hi,

See Bernard's page, which also includes a link to Tushar's page.
http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme/ExcelTips/Polynomial.htm

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Microsoft Outlook data backup ...
I am finally looking into backing up, on CDs, the important information present on my PC ... How can I backup the contact, calendar and task information captured in Microsoft Outlook 2000 ? .... ie, where is this information stored ? Take a look here, it may help: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Rackmaninof ...

tape usage
hello everyone is there anyway to see how much data has been written to tape. I am trying to determine how much data is being written per protection group, with the intent of seeing if its viable to co-locate data on tapes. Currently I am using 5 to 6 tapes a day for 3 protection groups. I have no obvious way of seeing how full these tapes are. Any help will be greatly appreciated. If you go to the Management tab and select the Libraries subtab, then expand everything until you see your tape it will show how much is on the tape under the "Data Written" column. ...

The best photographer
He is the best famous photographer.. http://club.cyworld.com/dcnomad ...

Data not downloading to .xls file but it is in the database
OK, I am relatively familiar with Access 2003, but I have been asked to figure out why the data in that is entered into the database shows it when looking on the database but it is not generating it to the list of updated documents. Here is a bit of the background...I just started working at this company 2 days ago, well the file is an excel file but the path for the file is generated to a person's C: drive who no longer is employed here. I am trying to change that path...and am having no luck. Any help would be so appreciated. Thanks! Is the file even on their machine? You...

Getting All Data On Chart
I am working on creating a chart to compare data from two of our programs each with four measures over a four year period of time. A little hard to explain so I will create an example below: PY 2000-2001 PY 2001-2002 Measure(M) 1 M 2 M 3 M 4 M 1 M 2 M 3 M 4 Adult 145 48 53 45 231 91 98 42 Youth 350 219 16 115 289 128 88 73 I hope that comes out alright. I envision a bar chart with four sets of different colored bars, color based on year and all measure being seperate se...

External Data Refresh if fuction is true.
Is there a way you can make a external data source refresh if a function is true....... Ive got a few sheets which refresh automatically..... but i only want them to refresh if a function is true..... Any ideas? Cheers a macro or worksheet_change event macro if range("a1")=1 then runmymacro -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "The Boondock Saint" <robport@(no-spam)inspire.net.nz> wrote in message news:42b1be28$1@clear.net.nz... > Is there a way you can make a external data source refresh if a function is > true....... > > Ive got a f...

Best text books / manuals for MS Office (intermediate-Advanced use
What are the best (most highly reccomended) text books / instruction manuals you can get for Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, & Word and also VBE? I consider myself to be Quite proficient in Excel......Can produce a decent document in Publisher.......Can "Get by" in Word....Not enough knowledge of Access......Only used PowerPoint once....... I started using BASIC (the programming language) back in the '80s, so I have some knowledge of VBE (Formulas & syntax are quite simular from what I see now). I have created several Excel projects with Macros bu...

Where is the best place to put notes?
We are new to MSCRM and are not used to all of the possible places that you can enter notes. Has anyone created a structure for their company as to what notes should be entered where? Wendy, There are many ways to handle notes. You have accurately identified that notes are kind of disjointed. What you might consider doing is creating a central notes depository in Sharepoint and then adding a customization with an inline frame that shows the Sharepoint notes repository in several different parts of CRM. In general, you have not provided enough information on what you are trying to ac...

getting data from excel worksheet in to a script
hi folks, i need to take input for my script from an excel sheet . the excel sheet has 8 worksheets and i want to select particular columns from a particular worksheet. please help me out in this regard. cheers, nuti ...

data conversion from Mastertools to GP
Is there a tool to convert data from Mastertools accounting systems to GP? If not, any idea how data could be converted? What levels of detail can be converted, account summary, transactions, transaction detail???? -- accountant My method for converting tables (I have been doing this for almost 40 years now) is to export the source data to a text file (like an Excel CSV table) and use the Integration Manger to load GP. You can easily load master files (customers, vendors, inventory items, et cetera) and most transactions. Typically open receivables and payables are imported as well...

Best way to forecast individual sales territories?
I have a spreadsheet with twelve months of sales data per territory (100 territories.) I need to forecast the next three months. The product being sold is just moving from launch phase to high growth phase, so it's still growing pretty quickly. What is the best method to forecast each individual territories' sales over the next three months? ...

Help with getting data from a worksheet
Hi, I have 2 excel sheets username sheet --------------- it contains just usernames in one column main sheet ----------- i want to chose from a listbox, combobox, or whatever one or mor usernames from the username sheet. How can i do that?? another question: I want to be sure that every username has one instance only can you help be? BogN -- Bog ----------------------------------------------------------------------- BogN's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3497 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=54717 BogN w...

Plugging data from non-open Workbooks
Hello, I have a number of databases stored on Excel Workbooks and I want to create another workbook to get information from those databases. I will make reference to a number of the databases with the following: COUNTIF("worksheet name followed by filename", "=blablabla") but I don't want to open them as they are like each 5Mb in size and I have to refer like 10 of them on a worksheet. I've tried opening one of the database and then reference it by point-and-clicking and then closing it. The formula works fine when the file is open. When it's closed and I tr...

how to split data into columns and arrange the resulting data
I have data in cells A2, A3 and A4 as below: 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8 1, 2, 3, 4 2, 3, 4 I want to split into columns (which I did using Data > Text to Columns option). But I also want the data to "automatically" fall under appropriate heading (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8) which are in respecive cells A1:H1. Thank you in advance How about an alternative: With your data in A2:Axx, put this formula in B2: =","&SUBSTITUTE(A2," ","")&"," Then B2 will look like: ,1,2,4,5,7,8, Then put this in C2 and drag across as far as you need. =IF...

How do I make a normal bell shaped curve in ms 2007?
How do I make a normal bell shaped curve in ms 2007? Hi, What are the mean and the standard deviation for the bell curve you want to make? In any case, the following suggestion is for making a normal distribution curve for a mean of 4.0 and a standard deviation of 1.0: In column A, starting at A1, create an array of x-values starting with four standard deviations less than the mean and ending with four standard deviations more than the mean (in our example 0.0 to 8.0) in increments of say one-tenth the standard deviation (in our example, 0.1). In B1, enter the formula, =NORMDIST(A1,...

Question about Time data
I have an Access Table that is storing some date/time fields in a "General Date" format. I would like to pass this info into a form I am running and show it on screen. My problem is that I have a member variable, m_StartTime, and when I compile, I get: "error C2679: binary '=' : no operator defined which takes a right-hand operand of type 'class CTime' (or there is no acceptable conversion) " The call to bring in the data from the table is simple enough: m_StartDate = ETable->m_Start_Date; I don't know a lot about date/time stuff (obviously)...

How many characters will fit in one cell?
How many characters will fit in one cell? Hi Wanda Length of cell contents (text) 32,767 characters. Only 1,024 display in a cell; all 32,767 display in the formula bar. Max Column width = 255 characters -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Wanda M." <Wanda M.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:061E8770-93FA-4DB5-80ED-F066B02961BF@microsoft.com... > How many characters will fit in one cell? ...

what is the best way to resize test that "best fits" the text box
I just want to know how to resize text to fit the text box. Select the text and reduce the font size until it suits your requirements. There is no automatic function for this. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> "utahjohn" <utahjohn@discussions.microsof...

OWA/OMA Protection
<No response from other forum> Hello, I have a Exchange 2003/OWA frontend that is protected with RSA two factor authentication inside a Checkpoint Firewall. The RSA part works fine and everything is good. Now I buy a Motorola Droid and need to set up the Exchange Sync and the RSA poses a problem. If I remove the RSA protection the Droid connects to the OWA and syncs well. Calls to RSA says it will not work with a Droid so I'd have to get rid of the RSA authentication. The question is: it looks like if I want to use a Android 2.0 based Droid phone to sync with outlook...

Linear fit while fixing slope

Data Validation #11
Is it possible to have a data validation list to control the out come of another column? For example: Columns A B 1 1 name1 2 2 name2 3 3 name3 4 4 name4 5 5 name5 6 6 name6 with the above example, what I am asking is it possible to select the number in column A and have it automatically place in column B the name that belongs to that number? I hope this is clear. Thank You, Chris -- zero635 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ zero635's Profile: http://www.excelforum...

Data within a cell
If names are in cells as "last name, first name, middle initial" can a macro be run to change the order to "first name, middle initial, last name"? A formula will do Assuming you have spaces between commas and names, =MID(A2,FIND(",",A2)+2,FIND(",",A2,FIND(",",A2)))&RIGHT(A2,FIND(",",A2,FIND(",",A2)))&", "&LEFT(A2,FIND(",",A2)-1) Then just copy down. If you want this more permanent, copy the cells with formulas, right click, paste special. -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click &q...

GL figures
what really is the best practice method for brining in monthly GL figures so users can get comparative statements this year/lastyr. do you bring in all the old detail journals? or do you load via a maintenance or IM the historical balance for each month in some file. -- Linda W. Linda, You mean when you are starting up a new company? If so, unless someone needs the detail imported into GP for other reasons, I bring in a beginning balance and monthly net changes only. For example, let's say you're starting to use GP with January 2009, your fiscal year ends in December and y...

Why can't my user view data
I have two users - one is the manager of the other. They are both in the same Business Unit, of course. The manager has CEO role assigned to him. When the manager logs in, he does not see his employee's accounts, contacts, etc. even though his role gives him Organizational-level access to all data. However, when we run a list report, he is able to see all accounts, contacts, etc. Any ideas as to why he is not able to see all the records outside of reports? this is weird as the reporting system will show you what you have access to so i would expect the other CRM views to show...

best tutorials for graphs ( line of best fit) for excel
What are the best tutorials for using excel for stastical analysis graphs and other graphs such as Line of best fit? Niccole: Here's a link to my chart gallery of Excel statistical charts. http://processtrends.com/TOC_chart_gallery.htm Here's a link to my page on trend analysis with Excel. This page shows several regression techniques that you can use with Excel. http://processtrends.com/toc_trend_analysis_with_Excel.htm Post back if you have more specific questions. Kelly O'Day koday at processtrends dot com "Niccole D" <Niccole D@discussions.microsoft....