Best chart to show quarterly forecast vs budget

Hi guys,

Could you please give me your suggestions on what would be the best chart to
show quarterly forecast to budget for multiple departments?

Thanks,
Andrea
0
andrrea (7)

I would use a multiple bar comparitor to do that.
It is the 3D bar graph that has one bar in front of the other bar.

"andrrea" wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> Could you please give me your suggestions on what would be the best chart to
> show quarterly forecast to budget for multiple departments?
>
> Thanks,
> Andrea
0
GeneW1 (6)
9/9/2008 11:47:02 AM
Thanks!  Any other advice?

"andrrea" wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> Could you please give me your suggestions on what would be the best chart to
> show quarterly forecast to budget for multiple departments?
>
> Thanks,
> Andrea
0
andrrea (7)

lost budget
Twice now in the past two weeks, Money seems to have blown my budget or parts of it out of the water. Where I spent hours and hours plugging in amounts and even used the budget for a few weeks, now the budget has re-set many categories back to 0. Any body know why ...

Simple charting question
I don't believe I'm having so much trouble with this. I'm trying to make a graph with Temperature (Celesius) as the X-axis and Baseball Speed (Km/hr) as the Y-axis. When I highlight the columns below and try to make a bar graph - 0 44.1 1 47 3 44.7 4 43.5 5 50.2 13 59.9 I get two series plotted or shown seperately. I would like to get one of the following: ...

Best text books / manuals for MS Office (intermediate-Advanced use
What are the best (most highly reccomended) text books / instruction manuals you can get for Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, & Word and also VBE? I consider myself to be Quite proficient in Excel......Can produce a decent document in Publisher.......Can "Get by" in Word....Not enough knowledge of Access......Only used PowerPoint once....... I started using BASIC (the programming language) back in the '80s, so I have some knowledge of VBE (Formulas & syntax are quite simular from what I see now). I have created several Excel projects with Macros bu...

Getting All Data On Chart
I am working on creating a chart to compare data from two of our programs each with four measures over a four year period of time. A little hard to explain so I will create an example below: PY 2000-2001 PY 2001-2002 Measure(M) 1 M 2 M 3 M 4 M 1 M 2 M 3 M 4 Adult 145 48 53 45 231 91 98 42 Youth 350 219 16 115 289 128 88 73 I hope that comes out alright. I envision a bar chart with four sets of different colored bars, color based on year and all measure being seperate se...

No debug with VS using Taskman shell?
Hallo Im currently upgrading our platform with a new CPU. Im making a new WinCE 5.0 image for the HW, but with the same "features" as the old one. Im using taskman as the shell. I have added the taskman source to the platform. I also have added the __SYSGEN_TASKMAN environment variable to the platform settings. This is in my platform.bib: IF __SYSGEN_TASKMAN==1 taskman.exe $(_FLATRELEASEDIR)\taskman.exe NK S ENDIF And this in my platform.reg: (Replacing explorer.exe) IF __SYSGEN_TASKMAN==1 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\init] "Launch50"="task...

40 column receipt does not show serial number when reprinting
When a transaction is compete on a 40 column receipt, it shows the serial number. When I reprint it it does not show the serial number on a 40 column reprint or a full page. Is there a way to fix it so it shows serial number on all reprinted receipts? ...

Charting Textual Statistics
Hi all, i've got this worksheet going. the data is a collection of stats from market research. its got name, company, address questions and answers some are simple answers like yes no, others are multiple choices. so basically i want to draw up charts for this. but i figure i can onl do this with numerical data not textual data. is there a formula or wa around it? i am absolutely clueless how to do it. so if it works out i want a pie chart or bar chart that represents th question and the percentages of how the answers were received. e.g. fo a sample question of what kind of pets do ...

The best photographer
He is the best famous photographer.. http://club.cyworld.com/dcnomad ...

Chart #4
Hi I want to plot a chart but it not to show the values if the value of the formula is zero even though they are ranged. Is there anyway this can be done? Cheers Shona Hi Shona, Try using the NA() formula instead of zero or "" Cheers Andy SS wrote: > Hi > > I want to plot a chart but it not to show the values if the value of the > formula is zero even though they are ranged. > > Is there anyway this can be done? > > Cheers > Shona > > -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Pivot Table Chart Legend
Hello all. I am currently developng a Line chart via a pivot table. One thing I have noticed is that the legend runs in ascending order. E.g. Z at the top down to A's at the bottom. Is there any way of getting the legend "flipped" so it runs A-Z without amending the pivot table itself?? Thank you. Hi, Double check the chart type. A flipped legend would suggest a Stacked Line chart rather than a plain Line chart. Cheers Andy Chiccada wrote: > Hello all. > > I am currently developng a Line chart via a pivot table. One thing I have > noticed is that th...

Assistance with bubble charts
I want to create a bubble chart, however when I select the data it doesn't recognise the format. Below is the table I use...Three customers (the data points) with each three values (X, Y, size). If I select this, the charts selects whole columns as X and Y value. How should I create this table to have it working correctly? Customer 1 Customer 2 Customer 3 Customer risk 25 100 150 Customer potential 10 60 150 Gross Sales Proceeds 100 150 50 Try this link http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011170761033.aspx "Mark" wrote: > I want to create a bubble char...

How do I recenter a pie chart within a chart window?
In Excel. The pie chart has drifted to wards an edge and I can't either recenter it or move the edges of the window relative to it If you click once on the pie, you should see small handles appear on the outside edge of the pie. You'll also see a series reference to the chart in the name box to the left of the formula bar. If you click slightly outside of the edge of the pie, the handles will appear around the square plot area of the pie. A "Plot Area" reference will appear in the name box. You can then move the plot area via the handles within chart area to reposi...

Where is the best place to put notes?
We are new to MSCRM and are not used to all of the possible places that you can enter notes. Has anyone created a structure for their company as to what notes should be entered where? Wendy, There are many ways to handle notes. You have accurately identified that notes are kind of disjointed. What you might consider doing is creating a central notes depository in Sharepoint and then adding a customization with an inline frame that shows the Sharepoint notes repository in several different parts of CRM. In general, you have not provided enough information on what you are trying to ac...

Why do I get some missing minor gridlines in an excel chart?
I have an excel chart. The horizontal minor gridlines (y-axis) show correctly. Some of the vertical minor gridlines (x-axis) are missing. Any ideas on how to correct this. I can turn the minor gridlines off, but I would like to have them for my content. What version of Excel? Line or XY chart ? Any chance you could share the data with us? best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "maryrose" <maryrose@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DBF4F518-C554-4564-A9A7-4217D67508DC@microsoft.com... ...

what is the best way to resize test that "best fits" the text box
I just want to know how to resize text to fit the text box. Select the text and reduce the font size until it suits your requirements. There is no automatic function for this. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> "utahjohn" <utahjohn@discussions.microsof...

Waterfall Charts
I have created an excel sheet that calculates the data for creating a waterfall type chart which is a stacked bar chart in graph with the bottom stack hidden. (Using IF statements, ABS formulas) Is there a way to make these type charts automatic by taking my calculated data and somehow have Excel generate the charts from this data. Maybe a menu driven way by entering this data with the variables for each different chart. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Excel 2002, Windows 2000 THX Fritz78 Excel has no native way to accomplish this, but if you Google 'Excel Waterfall Chart&...

appointments not showing in outlook 2002
My future appointments beyond 1 week ahead are not showing in outlook 2002, although the appropriate dates when I have appointments in the future are in bold. So I'm certain the information is "there" somewhere, it's just not showing, although past appointments show up. The whole mess started when I was active-syncing my calendar on PC with calendar on palm treo 700. There's got to be a way to force this information to show up, but I've been trying different ways for a long long time but haven't found a way. I so much need help with this, it's driving me nu...

axis labels on charts
I am having trouble: when I copy and past a bar graph from Excel to Word or Visio, some of the axis lables dissappear. Is this a common problem? Any suggestions? Pasting as a picture, or straight paste as an embedded Excel chart? If the latter, you can impose non-auto tick spacing. Double click on the axis, and on the scale tab, uncheck the auto box in front of the reported tick spacing. When the chart is pasted into another application, when it resizes to fit, it will no longer automatically readjust tick spacings. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom...

Best way to forecast individual sales territories?
I have a spreadsheet with twelve months of sales data per territory (100 territories.) I need to forecast the next three months. The product being sold is just moving from launch phase to high growth phase, so it's still growing pretty quickly. What is the best method to forecast each individual territories' sales over the next three months? ...

Setting chart title.
I am getting an ArgumentException with the message, "This object has no title." from the following code: chart.ChartTitle.Text = "Total Sales Comparison"; If I comment out this line the chart is created but the Title is "Chart Title". What do I need to do to set the chart title? If it helps here is the code I am using to create the chart: Excel.Shape shape = ws.Shapes.AddChart(Excel.XlChartType.xlLine, missing, missing, missing, missing); shape.Name = "YTDTotalSales"; Excel.Chart chart = shape.Chart; if (chart != null) { chart.SetSourceDat...

Chart with three SeriesCollections
Greetings! At me such question: I have constructed a chart with thre SeriesCollections, but it shows strange - that is values1 = values values1 and values2 = values + values1 + values2. Categories are the same. How to show it in a normal kind -- docd ----------------------------------------------------------------------- docdz's Profile: http://www.hightechtalks.com/m35 View this thread: http://www.hightechtalks.com/t229428 ...

Stacked Waterfall Charts
Does anybody know how to stack waterfall (cascade or bump or bridge) charts or combining two waterfall charts on one chart such that I could still see the changes of each chart?. The resulting chart looks like one waterfall chart on top of the other. Thanks ...

All autoshapes are not showing up in publisher 2003
When using autoshapes in Publisher 2003, The resize buttons are available but the line of the autoshape is not shown. When in the format menu, The default line colour is set to white, but will not change to black when prompted. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. disgruntled <disgruntled@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > When using autoshapes in Publisher 2003, The resize buttons are > available but the line of the autoshape is not shown. When in the > format menu, The default line colour is set to white, but will not > change to ...

Excel 2007 error "some chart types cannot be combined with other chart types. Select a different chart types"
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C75210.F27A6390 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, I have installed Excel 2007, and I can't create any chart, the message=20 "Some chart types cannot be combined with other chart types. Select a = different chart types" keeps poping up, are there any settings that i have miss out? thank you regards kh ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C75210.F27A6390 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quo...

OWA/OMA Protection
<No response from other forum> Hello, I have a Exchange 2003/OWA frontend that is protected with RSA two factor authentication inside a Checkpoint Firewall. The RSA part works fine and everything is good. Now I buy a Motorola Droid and need to set up the Exchange Sync and the RSA poses a problem. If I remove the RSA protection the Droid connects to the OWA and syncs well. Calls to RSA says it will not work with a Droid so I'd have to get rid of the RSA authentication. The question is: it looks like if I want to use a Android 2.0 based Droid phone to sync with outlook...