Bell Curves #2

I am looking to graph a bell curve for a set of numbers.  I did not find
anything undertemplates ot one of the listed charts.  If anyone has a
template or can direct me to where I may find instruction on programing a
bell cure i would appreciate it.
0
Rob3660 (422)

"rob" <rob@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>I am looking to graph a bell curve for a set of numbers.  I did not
>find
> anything undertemplates ot one of the listed charts.  If anyone has a
> template or can direct me to where I may find instruction on
> programing a
> bell cure i would appreciate it.

Hi Rob

Have a look on

http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/normal_distribution/index.htm

regards

Jean

0
jean.ruch (52)
11/13/2006 7:19:38 PM
rob  -

For charting a bell curve, see

http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/normal_distribution/

For charting the frequency distribution for a set of numbers, use Excel's
Histogram tool (Tools | Data Analysis ...), or use my free Better Histogram
add-in, available for download from

http://www.treeplan.com/better.htm

-  Mike
http://www.mikemiddleton.com

"rob" <rob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am looking to graph a bell curve for a set of numbers.  I did not find
> anything undertemplates ot one of the listed charts.  If anyone has a
> template or can direct me to where I may find instruction on programing a
> bell cure i would appreciate it.

0
mike5208 (300)

bmp display #2
hi, i want to display a bitmap in a picture box.I was not able to do it.When i use loadimage(filename),i was returned zero by the function.Where will i get the source to display a bmp image.please share some time for me. regards susi. Following shows how to use LoadImage: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;158898 -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "susi" <susi1984in@yahoo.co.in> wrote in message news:09c801c37b91$c00f7a20$a101280a@phx.gbl... > hi, > i want to display a bitmap in a picture box.I was not > able to do it.When i ...

2 questions #2
how do i get a total for a list of names entered in ie alan billy chris dave ...... also is it possible for the date to be automatically enterd in each sheet tia jkf You have a list of names in a row? =COUNTA(A1:Z1) for row 1 or =COUNTA(1:1) In a column ? =COUNTA(C1:C100) for column C or =COUNTA(C:C) Whereas COUNT counts numbers, COUNTA counts everything. =TODAY() add the current date which updates when the file is opened tomorrow Using CTRL+; enter the current date in static form - will be yesterday's date tomorrow best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/blieng...

Can't send to a certain e-mail address / When used message stays in Outbox / Business Contact Manager #2
Hi, Have been investigating many articles on e-mails not being sent and remaining in Outbox. I've now narrowed it down to e-mails intended to be send to a specific e-mail address. I'm using WinXPHome Dutch, Office 2003 Dutch with Outlook's Business Contact Manager (BCM) I even changed BCM from an English version to a Dutch version recently but that didn't solve the issue. When I use multiple addresses in the same e-mail it apparently IS sent to all others except for that specific one. Even funnier, when I delete that specific e-mail address from the addressees the e-mail ...

Bell Curve
Is there a formula that will calculate a bell curve? NORMDIST with the cumulative parameter set to FALSE will calculate points on the bell curve. See http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/normal_distribution/index.htm for details. Jerry "Todd Nelson" wrote: > Is there a formula that will calculate a bell curve? ...

Cell colors #2
Excel 2003, sp2 Hi, I want to use a very light grey color in some of the cells in a worksheet. RGB(234, 234, 234) should produce the color I want, but: Activecell.Interior.Color = RGB(234, 234, 234) results in a white color (Colorindex = 2). Can Excel only handle the 56 predefined colors returned by the ColorIndex function? Regards Pete Yep. But you could replace one of those 56 colors with the shade you want. Tools|options|color tab|modify This color scheme will travel with the workbook--it's not an application setting. If you have multiple workbooks that need this, you&#...

help #2
When i try to create class for dialog boxes, property pages etc, the class wizard creates header files and implementation file (CPP) without any implementation coding. I use Visual Studio .NET 2002. Although i can code manually it is bit cumbersome. and variable addition to the class is also diabled. what may be the cause. ...

Back up #2
Is there a way to change the back up from my A drive (floppy) to my C drive (CD)? I am using Money 2000. Backup to hard disk? "robert" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1a50101c41de5$829781a0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to change the back up from my A drive > (floppy) to my C drive (CD)? > > I am using Money 2000. ...

after input, IF THEN to compare 2 #s & select answer fm a table
Using Word 2003, I would like to create a cell in a table. I want the user to enter a number in the cell. I want word to reference another table and find the cell or row where that number fits in. Example: I have a table with four cells. Cell A1 has 1-10 in it. Cell A2 has 11-20 in it. Cell B1 has 'YES' in it, and cell B2 has 'NO' in it. Then, I have another table or possibly, I add a row below the first table. It has three cells. In cell A1 I have text reading: Enter a number between 1 and 20. Cell B1 is where the number will be entered. Cell C1 is wh...

off page reference #2
I am having some problem creating "new page" off page reference in my cross functional drawing. setup: - created cross functional drawing - created 1 background sheet with cross functional flow - created 1 foreground drawing called "page 1" steps: - in "page 1", if I drag a off page reference shape to the drawing, the standard off page reference dialoge box pops up. - I selected create in new page issue: - when the new page "Page 2" is created, it is created in a new sheet arranged after the the background. The page is also blank (i.e. no backgr...

Button Text #2
Hi, I have some text on a button on my dialog. I want to force it so that the text is split. i.e one word is on top the other word is on bottom rather than one continuous line of text. I assume there is some way that this can be done through the dialog editor. Can anyone tell me how it is done? Thanks Macca use \n to slit the line and check property multiline "Macca" <Macca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F0BFC180-392F-4105-BE00-0C42C0BA0F7A@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I have some text on a button on my dialog. I want to force it so that the text i...

Newbie Time Question #2
Great Info. Thank you very much. Any books you could recommend that would help me in understanding creating formulas like this? I would like to get more out of excel this is great stuff. Most of the books I see are a general overview o the application.... Unless I looking at the wrong stuff -- ACangem ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ACangemi's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=858 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26314 There are a few books on Excel formulas listed here...

Insert #2

Date conversion #2
I also have a column that has dates in the format of: 20031201 which is YearMonthDay and I want to convert them all to December 1, 2003. Is this possible? Thanks. =date(left(a1,4),mid(a1,5,2),right(a1,2)) -- HTH Bob Phillips "Newbie" <spam@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eYOLgfVjFHA.3300@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > I also have a column that has dates in the format of: > > 20031201 which is YearMonthDay and I want to convert them all to December 1, > 2003. > > Is this possible? Thanks. > > Data>Text to Columns>Next>Next Column Da...

Outlook 2007 Beta #2
Hello I recently installed Office 2007 beta and now with Outlook, I can recieve e-mails, but I can't view the message, I can only open and view attachments if there are any. Any suggestions? thanks Disable AVG's Outlook integration. Patrick Schmid -------------- http://pschmid.net "bschmidtbauer" <bschmidtbauer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:63E57BAA-23A0-4850-9841-5C211E42E004@microsoft.com: > Hello I recently installed Office 2007 beta and now with Outlook, I can > recieve e-mails, but I can't view the message, I can only open and v...

Help Please. Where do I find a curved double arrow connector???
Help Please. Where do I find a curved double arrow connector??? Any connector can be double arrow simply by selecting the arrowhead dialog box (it's a button on the toolbar). Just put in a curved connector (stencil Visio Extras > Connectors), and then change the arrowhead settings. >-----Original Message----- >Help Please. Where do I find a curved double arrow connector??? >. > Thank you for your help but I may have asked my question wrong. I am using the CURVED ARROW from stencil: BLOCK DIAGRAMS>BLOCKS. I would like to use a curved arrow like this but I need i...

msoe.dll #2
When trying to open Outlook Express, I get the message saying that it could not be opened due to a missing msoe.dll file. When I search for the said file, I have no problem finding it. Any suggestions? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.pu...

IF OR Statements #2
I have list of days of the week (Sunday - Saturday) and am looking t define them as weekday or weekend. I was wondering how to set up formula to identify this. I figure it is something like: IF = Saturday then =weekend IF = Monday then = weekday and so on. Thanks in advanc -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com =IF(OR(A1="Saturday",A1="Sunday"),"Weekend","Weekday") -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "donkey77 >" <<...

command button #2
I'm trying to link an Excel pivot table to an Access switchboard form using a command button (at the bottom of the pivot table worksheet) labeled "Return to Access." Can anyone help? If code is required, could you please include the syntax?. Thanks in advance. Mark in Chicago If you add a button with the code: ActiveWorkbook.Close you should return to the form in Access. However, this will cause a macro warning to appear as the PivotTable opens. It may be better to add a note to the worksheet, e.g. "To return to Access, choose File > Close & Return...

eConnect Sample Code #2
Hi All, I found eConnect_CSharp_ConsoleApplication.sln is mentioned in msdn but I don't where I can download this solution so that I can play around with it. Anyone knows where to get that, please let me know. Appreciations, -- Toi Day ...

Lost email #2
XP Outlook user, I deleted my old profile and lost all email, is it possible to recover these files? Check this page for all you need to know: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! "Dave" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:066101c3a7e4$950969b0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > XP Outlook user, I deleted my old profile and lost all >...

propertysheet #2
Hi! I am using a child property sheet (displayed within a dialog). A property page should popup a dialog (for example a simple AfxMessageBox) -> Program hangs... WTF? Any ideas? I am using VC 7.0.... Thanks, Steve "Steve" <nospam.steve@myhome.com> wrote in message news:00b901c3c8a9$c72a9230$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Hi! > > I am using a child property sheet (displayed within a > dialog). > > A property page should popup a dialog (for example a > simple AfxMessageBox) -> Program hangs... > > WTF? > > Any ideas? See if this kb article...

database size question #2
Hi all - Trying to get a little perspective. Currently running 5.5 sp4 - my priv.edb is 46GB - is this considered big? The storage is big and fast - if 46GB is not considered big, what is - what have some of the larger 5.5 priv.edb been? When I move to 2003 by the end of year, I plan on throwing a large NAS box and using iscsi for the exchange database(s) - and finally giving my users 'unlimited' email storage - what is considered big for a 2003 private store? Many thanks. Peter On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 12:44:59 -0700, "PFG" <petergump@gumps.org> wrote: >H...

somebody is infected #2
Randall Arnold's recent message is not unwarranted about infected e-mails being received by those who participate. For those that monitor these forums it is important that if you use an e-mail package for your news tool that you use an anti-virus program to ensure that your systems are clean and uninfected. Please scan your systems, the latest version of W32_SWEN impacts all of us and our ability to help each other. ...

copy worksheet #2
How can I copy a worksheet (tab) from a different file and still retain the links, column widths, and formatting? Seems as simple as Edit-->Move or Copy Sheet to me. >-----Original Message----- >How can I copy a worksheet (tab) from a different file and >still retain the links, column widths, and formatting? >. > ...

Hosted CRM #2
Hello, Let's have a look at one possible situation: We are hosting CRM and we sell 3 licenses to one company. The problem is that they might share these 3 user credentials to 10 people among company and instead of 3 people who use CRM there are 10 people on 3 user accounts. Is there any way we could prevent this? Are there any restrictions that could be applied to prevent this? Thanks I don't think there's any technical way to stop them from doing it, Adi. You should remind them what their EULA includes and does not, and potentially see if they are better suited to device C...