bell curve

I'm trying to find instructions to do a bell curve on
Excel and can't locate them.  Does anyone have this?
0
melanie1 (1)

Melanie -

Tushar Mehta has this on his web site, http://tushar-mehta.com.  Check
the list of features on the left side of the screen.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
_______

Melanie Gallegos wrote:

> I'm trying to find instructions to do a bell curve on
> Excel and can't locate them.  Does anyone have this?

Bell Curve
Is there a formula that will calculate a bell curve? NORMDIST with the cumulative parameter set to FALSE will calculate points on the bell curve. See http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/normal_distribution/index.htm for details. Jerry "Todd Nelson" wrote: > Is there a formula that will calculate a bell curve? ...

Help Please. Where do I find a curved double arrow connector???
Help Please. Where do I find a curved double arrow connector??? Any connector can be double arrow simply by selecting the arrowhead dialog box (it's a button on the toolbar). Just put in a curved connector (stencil Visio Extras > Connectors), and then change the arrowhead settings. >-----Original Message----- >Help Please. Where do I find a curved double arrow connector??? >. > Thank you for your help but I may have asked my question wrong. I am using the CURVED ARROW from stencil: BLOCK DIAGRAMS>BLOCKS. I would like to use a curved arrow like this but I need i...

how to create a 4 parameter logistic equation curve ( 4 P L Curve
how to create a 4 parameter logistic equation curve ( 4 P L Curve ) with VB , VBA or Excel? instead of using MatLab or other Math add-in ? thanks in advance In article <3CDB610D-71E4-4593-A808-928EA4B5AE89@microsoft.com>, sunlite@discussions.microsoft.com says... > > how to create a 4 parameter logistic equation curve ( 4 P L Curve ) with VB , > VBA or Excel? instead of using MatLab or other Math add-in ? > > thanks in advance Program the solution to equation, then use your favorite plotting tool to plot it. D thanks David so much! Would y...

Calculation of Area Under a Continuos curve......
Hi, I am working on calculating area under a Continuous Curve.. I have data points...On X axis i have % of Cumulative numbers(Variable X) and on Y axis i have % of Cumulative numbers(Variable Y). If i plot a curve by joinig thses points i get a smooth curve. If i have to calculate the exact area under the curve using Integration Function in Excel Sheet how should i proceed. Data points are : Issuers Defaulters Cum Issuers % Cum Defaulters % C 3 0 0.287907869 0 B 4 2 0.671785029 7.407407407 BB 35 5 4.030710173 25.92592593 BBB 242 15 27.25527831 81.48148148 A 293 4 55.37428023 96.2962963 AA...

Bell Curve Chart
I have 2 columns of data - see below. My boss wants me to create a bell curve chart, but if I use the chart wizard and select "Line" from the Standard Types tab then my chart has steep angles. I reviewed Article 213930 "How To Create A Bell Curve Chart" - 4 pages of complicated how to's and got hung up on the first page. Can anyone provide me with some easy to follow instructions? A-1 11 A-2 16 A-3 23 B-1 60 B-2 32 B-3 18 C-1 9 C-2 4 C-3 2 Try using an XY chart with smoothed lines. As for creating a Bell Curve Chart - those are the simples...

looking for a template of bell curve graph
http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/normal_distribution/index.htm -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "darrich" <darrich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4465F7C1-22CB-4D4D-8344-6C5C0B33AC72@microsoft.com... > I have the percentages for a bell curve; I just want to plug in the percentages with a professional-looking bell curve model. I am a graduate student assisting a professor with his Power Point lectures and I am having a difficult time making a bell curve that would look professional. darric wrote: looking for a template of bell curv...

Bell Curve Creation with more than 255 in one data series
I have a list of data that 2344 sets of data. I want to create a standard bell curve with this data. I have tried to create a smooth scatter plot but it does not depict the bell curve. Please inform me what the best method would be to do this. Thanks Kcope8302 - (1) Do you have a data set with 2,344 values? (2) Do you want "a standard bell curve" using the mean and standard deviation of your data? (3) Or, do you want a histogram (column chart of the frequency distribution of your data), which may or may not be bell-shaped? - Mike Middleton http://www.MikeMiddleton.com ...

Make a bell curve chart
i have a spreadsheet with results of a 5k race, 950 finishers. i am trying to make a bell curve chart that shows the rate at which finishers come in; i changed the time to a decimal by using the formula "=(C2-INT(C2))*24" that helped, and i now have a valid line chart i trying to show that the majority of finishers are between 8 - 11 minutes, some before and lots after. any ideas on this? jackeen - I suggest that you consider using a histogram, i.e., a column chart of a frequency distribution. (The histogram may or may not have a bell shape, depending on your data....

Bells and Whitle Software
Does anyone know of a software that is similar to Bells and Whistle for Outlook? I am really just concerned with being able to reply and have the same signature show up as when I compose a new message. Any similar software or a freeware? Techie wrote: > Does anyone know of a software that is similar to Bells and Whistle for > Outlook? I am really just concerned with being able to reply and have > the same signature show up as when I compose a new message. > > Any similar software or a freeware? Don't have twenty bucks to spend on what appears to be worth it? ...

using(Image image = Image.FromFile("bell.gif"))
Hi! Here is some code and I suspect that this code is coded wrong because this code doesn't make sense with how the using is used here. I suspect that it should have been codes like see at the bottom. Or is it something that I miss here saying that the way they use the using here is perfectly correct and valid ? The book I read say the following about the using. It says "The using statement specifies that the image resources should be automatically displosed at the end of the using block" ResXResourceWriter rw = new ResXResourceWriter("Demo.resx"); ...

Convert Publisher Web page for use on Bell (Canada) Web Hosting
I have created my dream web site using Publisher, followed the steps to convert it to a web site. When I try to upload it to my pre-arranged domain, using Firezilla, there is a problem. The Tech assistants at Bell tell be that Publisher is not Bell friendly, but that there is some magical way to create an index file that is acceptable. Does anyone have any insight into this problem? -- Can''t we get together on this If you are talking about http://www.bellhosting.ca/en/index.htm then it appears that the hosting plans have FTP uploading, so you must be making a mistake when u...

How do I make a normal bell shaped curve in ms 2007?
How do I make a normal bell shaped curve in ms 2007? Hi, What are the mean and the standard deviation for the bell curve you want to make? In any case, the following suggestion is for making a normal distribution curve for a mean of 4.0 and a standard deviation of 1.0: In column A, starting at A1, create an array of x-values starting with four standard deviations less than the mean and ending with four standard deviations more than the mean (in our example 0.0 to 8.0) in increments of say one-tenth the standard deviation (in our example, 0.1). In B1, enter the formula, =NORMDIST(A1,...

Bell Graphs
I am presently trying to develop a bell graphic to display statistical values, but I can't figure out how to get the graphs to show the curve, Do I need special programing or add-in? See the Excel | Charts | Normal Curve page of my web site. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta MS MVP Excel 2000-2003 www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA tutorials and add-ins Custom Productivity Solutions leveraging MS Office In article <000d01c3a551$bb9f0200$a401280a@phx.gbl>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... > I am presently trying to develop a bell graphic to display > s...

cumulative curve
Dear friends, How to get cumulative curves and their comparison from excel? Thanks in advance. tony ...

bell graph
Following Tushar's example I have a question. I plotted the bell graph using the example; filled down to a34:f34 a b c e f 2 -4 2 6.69151E-05 my values 1.9702E-267 changed the mean to the mean of my data plotted x/y series using my e/f data I now have two bell graphs with Tushar's graph centered on 0 and mine centered on my mean. How do I plot my values on Tushar's graph? Thanks ...

Bell curves
Does anyone know how to make a bell curve chart from an array of numbers? I've never done it before. Thanks. Steve - Tushar Mehta has a topic on Bell Curves on his web site: http://tushar-mehta.com - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Steve H. wrote: > Does anyone know how to make a bell curve chart from an > array of numbers? I've never done it before. > Thanks. ...

bell curve
I'm trying to find instructions to do a bell curve on Excel and can't locate them. Does anyone have this? Melanie - Tushar Mehta has this on his web site, http://tushar-mehta.com. Check the list of features on the left side of the screen. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/index.html _______ Melanie Gallegos wrote: > I'm trying to find instructions to do a bell curve on > Excel and can't locate them. Does anyone have this? ...

how to fit a curve to
Hi there I need to draw a curve to best fit some point on a chart. is there an easy way to do this approach without going into deep programing ? thanks Have you looked at the Chart's Add Trendline facility? Right click the data on the chart and select Add trendline from the shortcut menu; on the dialog box pick the type of curve you need and specify if you want to see the equation. Come back with more questions, if needed best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "yosi_lb" <yosi_lb@bezeqint.net> wrote in message news:45c5...

how do i read directly off of a chart
i've set up a callibration curve in excel, I have experimental x values and want to obtain the corresponding y values without using FORECAST, TREND tec. any ideas? Mark - Search the newsgroup archives for 'interpolate' http://www.google.com/advanced_group_search or if you want to try to match the smoothed curve Excel draws arbitrarily through points, google the groups for 'Dave Braden' and 'cubic spline', or go to Brian Murphy's site, and look for the Excel Stuff link, which includes a treatment of the bezier function used by Excel to draw this curve:...

curving text
I'm working in Publisher 2003 on posters/applications/etc. material for a local Boys & Girls Club event. I want the name of the event in Comic font and want to arc the name like a rainbow. Also, I want to use different bright colors for the letters that make up the name. I've tried the WordArt option but can't change the color of individual letters. I'm on a deadline. Help greatly appreciated! -- Cindy Cindita <Cindita@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I'm working in Publisher 2003 on posters/applications/etc. material...

How do I create a bell curve?
I'd like to create a bell curve with certain values to be distributed over a certain period of time. How do I do this? Any help would be much appreciated. You may want the function NORMDIST. Look it up in Excel help. -- David Biddulph "A little stuck" <Alittlestuck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4DB4606B-88BC-4389-B415-C89C5A8D1D0A@microsoft.com... > I'd like to create a bell curve with certain values to be distributed over > a > certain period of time. How do I do this? > > Any help would be much appreciated. A wrote on ...

can I make a bell curve from this data?
A colleague at work asked if I could put some simple Excel data into a bell curve. I don't know what I'm doing, math-wise, and I don't know if my data even lends itself to a bell curve. Here it is: We have 19 cars in our division. There are usually 3 cars that are driven a lot and 3 that don't get driven much, so we periodically rotate the highs and lows so that mileage somewhat evens out. So what I have is the annual mileage for each car. My colleague is hoping this will look great on a graph. Can this be put into a bell curve format? Or would some faux work-around make it l...

Data from the curve of a chart
I have a basic chart fusing the following data 1:52 3.58 7:24 2.35 13:58 3.89 20:46 1.91 2:58 3.79 8:51 2.15 15:00 4.12 21:44 1.57 3:50 4.09 9:51 1.82 15:52 4.41 22:31 1.22 I put this in as a line chart then smooth the lines to give me a nice smooth chart. I was wondering if the Excel chart can then give me the x & y values of points on the curve in between the data values above. I used to have a casio programable calculator that had a trace function on it that could do exactly this where the cursor followed the curve and provided an x value with a corresponding y value - but it g...

Sigmoid Curve
Hi, Apologies if my question appears basic or I don't include relevant info! I've been asked to plot a sigmoid curve to plot the sales cycle of a product. I don't know if a sigmoid curve is alway a certain shape (like the product life cycle ) or if it depends on the data I enter? Either way, how would I go about plotting one in Excel 2003? I then need to plot several points along this curve - is this also doable? Thanks in advance, Claire This will tell you what a sigmoid curve is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sigmoid_function If you already have the data and you plot Sal...

Curved arrrows?
Hello, I'm creating a type of flow diagram in Publisher and would like to link TWO text boxes with a curved linear arrow (as opposed to a curved block arrow). I would then like to write text alongside the curved arrow, although I'm not sure whether this second part will be possible. Is there a way I can do any of this? Thanks for your suggestions, A Ok, sorry, I've now realised I can used the 'connectors' function in Autoshapes to create my curved arrows - but any suggestions about the text? Or will it be a case of inserting curved wordart text and fiddling...