Bar Chart #9

I have a spreadsheet like below and I want to make separate (but the same
format) bar charts for each week

The top-left cell starts at cell A1 (The numbers below are hours)
This is a spreadsheet to log the amount of hours lost in the department and
the reason why productivity was delayed for that time.
Date         Server       Printer      Temperature       Network       Data
Control
4/28/08        4
4/29/08                         5
4/30/08
5/1/08                                               1
5/2/08                          3
Totals          4               8                   1

5/4/08
5/5/08
5/6/08                           4                  2
5/7/08
5/8/08           2                                   1                     2
Totals           2               4                   3                     2

All I want in each chart are the column titles on the Y-axis (Server,
Printer, etc.), the date range at the top of the chart as a title, and the
total amount of hours lost somewhere on the chart. This spreadsheet spans
until 5/31/08, so I'll need many charts. Once I get the format correct on the
first chart, I want to use the same format for all the other charts so they
match. How do I set up this chart?  I hope that I'm explaining this properly.

Thanks, Karen

0
Karen1 (189)

Change bars color
Hello, I have a dinamic chart to show the cash flow position, a scrool bar chagne the data to the past and to the future (estimate), what I am looking for is, to have an easy identification of the estimated period I would like to chage the color of the bar. I am using an Stacked Column chart with two variables. any Ideias? -- regards from Brazil Thanks in advance for your feedback. Marcelo What I usually do when I want to show a column chart with one color within a certain range and another color elsewhere, is create two series, one each color, and use formulas to change on series ...

Can the color of the Command Bar be changed?
When you open up a window to show the contents of a folder, just below the usual Menu Bar is the Command Bar with menus like "Organize" and "Views." That Command Bar has a sickly blue-green color. Is there any way to change the color of the Command Bar? At the very least, I would like that color to be less saturated. -- Steven L. ...

Chart Help Please!
Hello all, I have a very simple chart... The data looks like this: A B Data1 3.65 Data2 7.00 The data charts fine and looks good but right now the bar for Data1 and Data2 are the same color. is there a way to have the bar for data1 one color while data2 is a different color? Thank you all for you excellent help!! In 2003 Select the series and Format Data Series>Options>Vary colors by point. In 2007 Select the series and Format>Date Series>Fill>Vary colors by point. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 28 Nov 2009 11:32:02 -080...

Muliple Charts from one Pivot Table #3
Debs. Many thanks . That worked a treat. Just need to to the pivot item o the chart now. Cheers Ton -- TJonesEs ----------------------------------------------------------------------- TJonesEsq's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1532 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26951 ...

DATE sort bar has disappeared from SENT box
I've inexplicably lost my DATE sort bar in my SENT box. Outlook 2002, XP Pro. I've dug here and scratched there, but cannot uncover an answer as to why it's missing and how to get it back. Hit the OfficeUpdate.com website to engage in Office XP SP 1 and/or 2...I'm current, but alas, still no DATE sort bar in the SENT folder. One little bar--so valuable--so easily mis-placed! Thanks for any advice-- Timmo in AK Try right-clicking in the gray title bar, then select to customize your current view. Click on the "Fields" button to see the list of available fi...

Resize a Pivot table Pie Chart
You can change the size of the plotting area on a normal Excel chart. How do you resize the plotting area on a Pivot chart? Elsa wrote: > You can change the size of the plotting area on a normal Excel chart. How do > you resize the plotting area on a Pivot chart? Hi Elsa, Pivot Charts are handy, but quite limit your ability to format. I get around this by adding a worksheet that references values from the pivot table, and base the chart on the latter. ...

Chart date order
This is weird. In 2007, if I display a chart for a payee (double click on a payee from the payee list), the chart sorts from left to right, with the most recent on the right, as it always has. But if now display a chart for a catagory, the chart now sorts from right to left, with the most recent on the left. That had me confused for some time before I noticed the date order change. Was it like that in 2006 or is that new for 2007? I don't see the sense in that. Bruce. In microsoft.public.money, Bruce Chastain wrote: >This is weird. In 2007, if I display a chart for a paye...

100% Stacked Bar chart, two bars, want percent as well as real value
I am attempting to chart the following: Series 1 - Values over the prior 30 days Series 2 - Values over the prior 12 months I would like to show both data series as 100% bar charts, so users of the information can compare percentage of the last 30 days with percentage of the same piece of data over the last 12 months. So, for example the two data series might look like this: Series 1 20 25 45 65 Series 2 211 324 403 822 I want to display both the actual value, and the percentage of the total, for each series, in the labels. For some reason, showing percentage is not an option. Why is th...

a frame window with its title bar on the top of its menu bar (overlapped) ...
Hi, This is related to a previous post of mine, for which I got a lot of help from people but the problem was still not resolved. I am reducing the problem to the following piece of code with only one class (CFrameWnd) involved. Please bear with me to look into the problem one more time. HINSTANCE h = AfxGetResourceHandle(); AfxSetResourceHandle(::GetModuleHandle(_T("current.dll"))); CFrameWnd *pFrm = (CFrameWnd*)RUNTIME_CLASS(CFrameWnd)->CreateObject(); pFrm->LoadFrame(IDR_MAINFRAME, WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW | FWS_ADDTOTITLE); pFrm->ShowWindow(SW_SHOW); AfxSetResourceHand...

looking for a yearly flow chart for amount spending for advertisi.
Hi you may provide some more detail :-) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "maggie" <maggie@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4938F975-E269-41A4-B8FB-F23A5B9FB623@microsoft.com... > ...

how do I create an orgnaizational chart with 5 boxes at the top?
I am trying to create a chart for my company where there are 5 linked boxes at the top, then subordinates underneath. However, powerpoint will only let me have 1 box at the top and then 5 boxes underneath. Any ideas? PowerPoint 2007 What do you want beneath the 5 boxes? This is relatively easy to set up. "Jammie Dodger" wrote: > I am trying to create a chart for my company where there are 5 linked boxes > at the top, then subordinates underneath. However, powerpoint will only let > me have 1 box at the top and then 5 boxes underneath. > >...

building chart from multiple sheets
I have 5 sheets and would like to build a stacked bar graph using data from each. Say I have 4 values in A1, A2, A3 & A4 on each of these sheets. Each stacked bar is to respresent the 4 values from a single sheet. Is there any way to do this with out having to build a table on an extra page? Thanks, Brad K If I understand your data structure, you will need to use a range to consolidate the data. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ChartFromDiffSheets.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://...

X error bar
Hello, I can find in Format Data Series the 'Y Error Bar' but nowhere can I fnd the 'X Error Bar'. How can I get this one? Office 2000. Thank you Hi Daniel, In order to have x error bars you need to use the xy scatter chart. Cheers Andy Daniel wrote: > Hello, I can find in Format Data Series the 'Y Error Bar' but nowhere can I > fnd the 'X Error Bar'. How can I get this one? > > Office 2000. > > Thank you > > > -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Outlook problem #9
I have a new HP Pavilion computer that was installed with Windows XP. I cannot use Outllok because it continues to ask me to reinstall due to a registry problem or installation problem. I am afraid to restore the system and lose my information. What can I do to use Outlook? >I cannot use Outllok because it continues to >ask me to reinstall due to a registry problem or >installation problem. I am afraid to restore the system and >lose my information. What can I do to use Outlook? Use Outlook's Repair function (from Add/Remove Programs>Change) -- Brian Tillman Smit...

How do you add error bars?
when i select my data series on my table, no selected data series appears under format Instead of selecting the series on the table (whatever that means), try selecting the data series in the chart. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta MS MVP Excel 2000-2004 www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA tutorials and add-ins Custom Productivity Solutions leveraging MS Office In article <08ef01c3a991$89241060$a101280a@phx.gbl>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... > when i select my data series on my table, no selected > data series appears under format > ...

Dynamic Chart #7
Hello, I have a spreadsheet that has its data in the following format: 2003 2004 2005 2006 Company 1 1.5 1.63 2.1 Company 2 .75 .89 1.09 How can I create a dynamic chart so that when I input the data for 2006 (and forward) the chart will automatically update. Thank you in advance for any assistance provided. Dave Y Dave: I'll walk your through setting up a dynamic chart, however, I'd liek to suggest you rearrange your data table as follows: Year Company 1 Company2 20...

How do I show status bar on Publisher 2003?
The Status Bar in Publisher 2003 which is at the bottom of the screen and shows many page numbers suddenly vanished. I see no way of makling it reappear. This toolbar was called "Status Bar' in Office 2000 - Publisher'. There is no reference to this item in Pub 2003. 2. Pub 2003 has slowed down almost to a halt. If I insert a woed text file, it takes a couple of minutes per page; and then, even after a long wait, it does not insert all pages of the inserted document. It has to be done manually. 3. While using Pub 2003, the response to move from one page to another, appear...

Stacked bar, bar and line graph
I am trying to create a chart with the following data: Series 1-8 with bars Series 9-10 with stacked bars (two different data) Series 1-10 with a line across all Is this possible in one chart? This should give you ideas: http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/2008/08/07/clustered-stacked-column-combo-chart-with-lines/ - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "JoAnn" <JoAnn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ECE4C227-CB81-46F7-9D4E-B07ED353AFD2@microsoft.com... ...

Status Bar
I am trying to fix a db created by someone else. Somehow, I'm hoping you can explain, they disabled the status bar. I check the Options and it is still checked??? What other means could be used to disable it? How can I make it visible again. QB QB, Two places... Start-Up Properties and Tools - Options... one of those is unchecked. -- Gina Whipp 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access) "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors II http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm "QB" <QB@discussions.micros...

Getting "Accounts" on menu bar
My girlfriend has an "Accounts" button on her menu tool bar (not sure which one, advanced, standard???) which allows her to select which account she's sending an e- mail "from". I can't find a way to find that item to put on the menu bar. Please help. This is available in Outlook 2002 and later. What version are you using? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching googl...

How do I get an Excel chart to ingore zero values created by funct
I'm using SUM functions to calculate monthly sales totals. Currently most of the results are zeros. How do I include the entire data range in my chart (so I don't have to redo it every month) but make sure that the chart doesn't include any zero values? I've tried hiding all zeros in my worksheet, but the chart doesn't recognise these as blank cells. I'm using Excel 2003 Drew: I repeat my answer to another question here again. There is an elegant solution, called "dynamic named range", that works with the OFFSET command. Search the web with this jargon, ...

Excel charts lose color
I am losing the color on my Excel 2000 charts when I copy them into an Outlook 2000 email message. Anyone have any suggestions? ...

Vary bar colors by bar
I would like to vary the colors on a bar chart by bar. The chart plots 7 points agains a standard. The standard has the value of 100. The points change based on information received weekly. This will cause the bars to, sometimes, be above the standard and, sometimes, below the standard. How can I force the bars to change colors with every update so that when the bar goes over the chart it will be green but when it falls below the chart it will be red? Tim Hi, Have a look at Jon's example of conditional charting. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart1.html Cheers Andy ...

floating bar chart?
how do I create a floating bar chart to display the data bars as columns instead of rows? selecting the row button does not display the data correctly. Make a stacked column chart On chart, double click lower data series; format to have No Pattern and No Border best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Karol" <Karol@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A4CA4496-860B-499F-A472-34385E628FDA@microsoft.com... > how do I create a floating bar chart to display the data bars as columns > instead of rows? selecting the ...

Cannot change data source for copied charts
I think it is a bug in Excel 2007. Otherwise, if someone has a solution I'd be happy to hear that ;-) Here is the problem: I got a table with lots of data. In order to extract the relevant information I inserted a pivot table. Then I wanted to display the extracted information within a chart. For that, I marked the pivot table and inserted a 3D block chart. Now, I wanted to modify the pivot extraction a little bit and I'd like to see the result of my modification inside the chart. As long as I do it in the original pivot table everything works fine. Now, the problem comes: I'...