Bar and Line Charts

How Can I set up a combination Bar/Line Graph that has multiple lines instead
of multiple Bars?  Every Series I add is displayed as another bar, and I
don't know how to change it to a line.
0
Keith1 (152)

Select the line you want to change to a Bar and change the Chart Type to Bar.

"Keith" wrote:

> How Can I set up a combination Bar/Line Graph that has multiple lines instead
> of multiple Bars?  Every Series I add is displayed as another bar, and I
> don't know how to change it to a line.
0
Me8786 (90)

How to get the data from double clicking chart
Hi, Is there way to get the data if we double click on chart? Like how we get the details in Pivot table. If yes pls let me know how to do the same. Regards, Karthik ...

Report (Line Graph) of Total Value of Portfolio on a Daily Basis?
I would like to plot the Total Value of all assets in my portfolio on a line graph over time. I can do this for individual stocks or other assets, but not the sum(total value) of all assets. Is it possible to plot the sum of all assets in a line graph? Mike H ...

Change bars color
Hello, I have a dinamic chart to show the cash flow position, a scrool bar chagne the data to the past and to the future (estimate), what I am looking for is, to have an easy identification of the estimated period I would like to chage the color of the bar. I am using an Stacked Column chart with two variables. any Ideias? -- regards from Brazil Thanks in advance for your feedback. Marcelo What I usually do when I want to show a column chart with one color within a certain range and another color elsewhere, is create two series, one each color, and use formulas to change on series ...

Can the color of the Command Bar be changed?
When you open up a window to show the contents of a folder, just below the usual Menu Bar is the Command Bar with menus like "Organize" and "Views." That Command Bar has a sickly blue-green color. Is there any way to change the color of the Command Bar? At the very least, I would like that color to be less saturated. -- Steven L. ...

Chart Help Please!
Hello all, I have a very simple chart... The data looks like this: A B Data1 3.65 Data2 7.00 The data charts fine and looks good but right now the bar for Data1 and Data2 are the same color. is there a way to have the bar for data1 one color while data2 is a different color? Thank you all for you excellent help!! In 2003 Select the series and Format Data Series>Options>Vary colors by point. In 2007 Select the series and Format>Date Series>Fill>Vary colors by point. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 28 Nov 2009 11:32:02 -080...

Conditionally Format Data Points in Line Chart
I'm trying to create a Line Chart that shows one group of data, but displays the points on the chart differently depending on the gender of each person charted. For instance each data point that is male is blue and each data point that is female is red. Here is what the data looks like: Data Gender % Color of Point on Line Chart M -7.0% Blue F -6.6% Red M -5.5% Blue F -4.0% Red F -2.5% Red F -1.0% Red M 0.0% Blue F 1.0% Red M 1.5% Blue M 2.5% Blue F 3.0% Red M 4.5% Blue F 6.0% Red I would like the % to be on the Y axis and the Gender on the X axis, conditionally fo...

DATE sort bar has disappeared from SENT box
I've inexplicably lost my DATE sort bar in my SENT box. Outlook 2002, XP Pro. I've dug here and scratched there, but cannot uncover an answer as to why it's missing and how to get it back. Hit the OfficeUpdate.com website to engage in Office XP SP 1 and/or 2...I'm current, but alas, still no DATE sort bar in the SENT folder. One little bar--so valuable--so easily mis-placed! Thanks for any advice-- Timmo in AK Try right-clicking in the gray title bar, then select to customize your current view. Click on the "Fields" button to see the list of available fi...

100% Stacked Bar chart, two bars, want percent as well as real value
I am attempting to chart the following: Series 1 - Values over the prior 30 days Series 2 - Values over the prior 12 months I would like to show both data series as 100% bar charts, so users of the information can compare percentage of the last 30 days with percentage of the same piece of data over the last 12 months. So, for example the two data series might look like this: Series 1 20 25 45 65 Series 2 211 324 403 822 I want to display both the actual value, and the percentage of the total, for each series, in the labels. For some reason, showing percentage is not an option. Why is th...

In Excel, comments cover the data line. Can it be moved?
It would be helpful if the comment didn't block the data line either vertical and horizonal. It can be done with the edit comment command. How can the popup feature be modified? ...

a frame window with its title bar on the top of its menu bar (overlapped) ...
Hi, This is related to a previous post of mine, for which I got a lot of help from people but the problem was still not resolved. I am reducing the problem to the following piece of code with only one class (CFrameWnd) involved. Please bear with me to look into the problem one more time. HINSTANCE h = AfxGetResourceHandle(); AfxSetResourceHandle(::GetModuleHandle(_T("current.dll"))); CFrameWnd *pFrm = (CFrameWnd*)RUNTIME_CLASS(CFrameWnd)->CreateObject(); pFrm->LoadFrame(IDR_MAINFRAME, WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW | FWS_ADDTOTITLE); pFrm->ShowWindow(SW_SHOW); AfxSetResourceHand...

lost subject line
Within the past week, when I start a new email or reply to any other emails, I don't get a subject line. Can anyone help? Thanks In a new mail message go to the View menu & choose "Message Header" "Tony Iorio" <tony10r10l@si.rr.com> wrote in message news:A1mzf.3826$cj3.1504@news-wrt-01.rdc-nyc.rr.com... > Within the past week, when I start a new email or reply to any other > emails, I don't get a subject line. Can anyone help? Thanks ...

Average line
I have a basic bar chart with a series of number Projected Actua Texas 150 16 Louisiana 250 23 Arkansas 300 29 Miss. 210 22 I want to add a line across the chart for the average projected amount and add a second line across the chart for average actual. I can't figure out how to do this. I don't want a moving average trendline. Please help. Hi have a look at the following sites for some examples http://andypope.info/charts/averageline.htm http://www.tushar-mehta.com/e...

Plots lines
How do you plot a line? I just want to input a slope and two points, the excel can plot it for me. Thanks. Hi, Have a look at these examples. Stephen Bullen's ChtFrmla.zip http://www.oaltd.co.uk/Excel/Default.htm Tushar Mehta's Plot Manager addin http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/software/plot_manager/index.html Cheers Andy AS wrote: > How do you plot a line? I just want to input a slope and two points, the > excel can plot it for me. Thanks. > -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

How do I show status bar on Publisher 2003?
The Status Bar in Publisher 2003 which is at the bottom of the screen and shows many page numbers suddenly vanished. I see no way of makling it reappear. This toolbar was called "Status Bar' in Office 2000 - Publisher'. There is no reference to this item in Pub 2003. 2. Pub 2003 has slowed down almost to a halt. If I insert a woed text file, it takes a couple of minutes per page; and then, even after a long wait, it does not insert all pages of the inserted document. It has to be done manually. 3. While using Pub 2003, the response to move from one page to another, appear...

X error bar
Hello, I can find in Format Data Series the 'Y Error Bar' but nowhere can I fnd the 'X Error Bar'. How can I get this one? Office 2000. Thank you Hi Daniel, In order to have x error bars you need to use the xy scatter chart. Cheers Andy Daniel wrote: > Hello, I can find in Format Data Series the 'Y Error Bar' but nowhere can I > fnd the 'X Error Bar'. How can I get this one? > > Office 2000. > > Thank you > > > -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

how do I create an orgnaizational chart with 5 boxes at the top?
I am trying to create a chart for my company where there are 5 linked boxes at the top, then subordinates underneath. However, powerpoint will only let me have 1 box at the top and then 5 boxes underneath. Any ideas? PowerPoint 2007 What do you want beneath the 5 boxes? This is relatively easy to set up. "Jammie Dodger" wrote: > I am trying to create a chart for my company where there are 5 linked boxes > at the top, then subordinates underneath. However, powerpoint will only let > me have 1 box at the top and then 5 boxes underneath. > >...

looking for a yearly flow chart for amount spending for advertisi.
Hi you may provide some more detail :-) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "maggie" <maggie@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4938F975-E269-41A4-B8FB-F23A5B9FB623@microsoft.com... > ...

Creating multiple IF lines
Hi, I've used excel in its simplist form for a while now, however just recently I've attempted to make something clearly beyond my skill level :) Ive displayed below a flowsheet of what Im trying to achieve '[image: http://images6.theimagehosting.com/Excelsheet.JPG]' (http://www.theimagehosting.com) Currently the below is what I've done, This takes into account only the first instruction excluding the part where it verifies if the sum = a specific amount and if its less, it replaces with the original amount =IF(F17<L11,F17*K11, "=IF(AND(f17>751,f17<100),...

building chart from multiple sheets
I have 5 sheets and would like to build a stacked bar graph using data from each. Say I have 4 values in A1, A2, A3 & A4 on each of these sheets. Each stacked bar is to respresent the 4 values from a single sheet. Is there any way to do this with out having to build a table on an extra page? Thanks, Brad K If I understand your data structure, you will need to use a range to consolidate the data. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ChartFromDiffSheets.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://...

How do you add error bars?
when i select my data series on my table, no selected data series appears under format Instead of selecting the series on the table (whatever that means), try selecting the data series in the chart. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta MS MVP Excel 2000-2004 www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA tutorials and add-ins Custom Productivity Solutions leveraging MS Office In article <08ef01c3a991$89241060$a101280a@phx.gbl>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... > when i select my data series on my table, no selected > data series appears under format > ...

Diagonal Lines appear in some text boxes
After creating and test printing (to an Adobe pdf) a large poster (no problems) when it was printed at the local FedEx Kinkos, most of the text boxes had a diagonal line printed from top left to bottom right. This line did not show in any "print preview" or on the finished pdf. Any thoughts? John Adobe has support documents http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/316508.html -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "JMcNulty611" <JMcNulty611@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03AF747E-...

Stacked bar, bar and line graph
I am trying to create a chart with the following data: Series 1-8 with bars Series 9-10 with stacked bars (two different data) Series 1-10 with a line across all Is this possible in one chart? This should give you ideas: http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/2008/08/07/clustered-stacked-column-combo-chart-with-lines/ - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "JoAnn" <JoAnn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ECE4C227-CB81-46F7-9D4E-B07ED353AFD2@microsoft.com... ...

Status Bar
I am trying to fix a db created by someone else. Somehow, I'm hoping you can explain, they disabled the status bar. I check the Options and it is still checked??? What other means could be used to disable it? How can I make it visible again. QB QB, Two places... Start-Up Properties and Tools - Options... one of those is unchecked. -- Gina Whipp 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access) "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors II http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm "QB" <QB@discussions.micros...

Getting "Accounts" on menu bar
My girlfriend has an "Accounts" button on her menu tool bar (not sure which one, advanced, standard???) which allows her to select which account she's sending an e- mail "from". I can't find a way to find that item to put on the menu bar. Please help. This is available in Outlook 2002 and later. What version are you using? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching googl...

Vary bar colors by bar
I would like to vary the colors on a bar chart by bar. The chart plots 7 points agains a standard. The standard has the value of 100. The points change based on information received weekly. This will cause the bars to, sometimes, be above the standard and, sometimes, below the standard. How can I force the bars to change colors with every update so that when the bar goes over the chart it will be green but when it falls below the chart it will be red? Tim Hi, Have a look at Jon's example of conditional charting. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart1.html Cheers Andy ...