Balance Points in Excel Charts

Hi.

I regularly produce stacked bar charts to show ranges of opinions (e.g. very
poor, poor, acceptable, good and very good quality).

In these charts I often manually add a drawing shape to show a 'balance
point' (like a see-saw) - to show how opinions differ between different
groups of people.

I would like to know if there is a way to add a drawing object (or shape
etc) to a graph - but linked to data (i.e. so that it is linked to the middle
point of the data).

This would make my graphs more dynamic and would save me a lot of time
adding these shapes in manually.

Many thanks in advance for your anticipated help.

Kind Regards.

Liz.

Hi,

Add a series and change the chart type for this new series to xy-scatter.
You can use either the triangle data marker or a customer marker.
And use the xy values to position the marker.

Cheers
Andy
--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"BoRed79" <BoRed79@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi.
>
> I regularly produce stacked bar charts to show ranges of opinions (e.g.
> very
> poor, poor, acceptable, good and very good quality).
>
> In these charts I often manually add a drawing shape to show a 'balance
> point' (like a see-saw) - to show how opinions differ between different
> groups of people.
>
> I would like to know if there is a way to add a drawing object (or shape
> etc) to a graph - but linked to data (i.e. so that it is linked to the
> middle
> point of the data).
>
> This would make my graphs more dynamic and would save me a lot of time
> adding these shapes in manually.
>
> Many thanks in advance for your anticipated help.
>
> Kind Regards.
>
> Liz.

0
Andy

Customizable charts
Hi All, In a newbie to charting. Hope you can help me with the foll requirement. I have Sales value of 5 products against time, assume 6 months. I have to code for a customizable chart. ie the foll paramters are subject to change. 1. The products. The user can choose products to be plotted. ie he can choose 3 out of the possible 5 products 2. The type of chart can be area or line.Again user's choice. So when the products change the title, X & Y axis label should also change appropriately.Can't use the Chart wizard option. After making the selection the user will click on the b...

Excel 2002 opens fine but Excel 2003 "File error: data may have been lost."
I have a spread sheet that's about 10MB large. I try converting it to a .XML spreadsheet from a computer running Excel 2002, but during the conversion it crashes. Any suggestions? ...

CEdit insertion point
I have two CEdit controls on dlg. EditCtrl1 has same text in it. What I want to do is when I type some text in EditCtrl2 I want to append the entered text to the existing text in EditCtrl1 (I have managed to get the text into the control), but it does not go to the end of the existing text, it always goes at the begining of the existing text. Any pointers will be greatly appreciated. void CProjNameEdit::OnChar(UINT nChar, UINT nRepCnt, UINT nFlags) { CFirstPageDlg *pDlg = (CFirstPageDlg*)GetParent(); CEdit *pEdit = (CEdit*)pDlg->GetDlgItem(IDC_DEST_DIR); if (pDlg ==...

Export Chart as GIF on Macintosh OS X
I get an error message trying to export a chart on a Mac running OS X Excel version "X for Mac, Service Release 1" from the following code: Sub ExportChart() MsgBox (ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(1).Chart.Name) ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(1).Chart.Export FileName:="mychart.gif" FilterName:="GIF" End Sub ... I've never had issues on a PC...and the first MsgBox line work fine, just as a check... I get: "Application Error '1004'"... Thanks in advance, this is very frustrating... Ti -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com In article <t...

Excel Sub
sub Excell do this end sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Fran Bradley" <fbyaright@comcast.net> wrote in message news:ejroFm20EHA.1652@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > > ...

AP Trial Balance Report Issue
We have a GP 10 SP1 install that out of the blue, the AP TB report with options report had two vendors that when the report printed - it left blank pages and even printed the summary for the two vendors on top of the report headers. We have done everthing from check links to reconcile to drop the PM00400 to recreate the Rerports.DIC even though this is not a modified report. Any suggestions? ...

Using version control in Excel 2003
Before I have used version control in Excel, so I could rool back to a previous version of the file. It seems only to be possible in Word now, can that be right? I want to use that function, instead of saving a file in several versions, e.g. file1, file2 and so on. I'm not sure what you mean by version control. What version of Excel had this and how was it used/invoked? -- Jim "H-B" <HB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B88029FE-C4EF-4BB1-91D6-2A343D64BBD4@microsoft.com... | Before I have used version control in Excel, so I could rool back to a | pre...

change horizontal header position in excel
Anyone know how to change the horizontal position of the HEADER or FOOTER in EXCEL???? I would greatly appreciate any help. Thank you for your time. pico Wrote: > Anyone know how to change the horizontal position of the HEADER o > FOOTER in > EXCEL???? I would greatly appreciate any help. Thank you for your time. Pico, Can't you go into View/Header-Footer and use the "Left-Center-Right" catagories? You could use spaces in front of your data to move back an forth. Dav -- Piranh ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Piranha's Profi...

Analysis services and Excel
Hi all I have a cube in MSSQL 2000 Analysis Services which I am querying from Excel, however it is behaving strangely. When I choose a certain dimension, only the rows with associated data are returned. The listbox on the top of the column displays all the possible dimensions, but the rows without data are missed in the actual pivot table. When I query this same cube from Crystal Reports 9, it behaves as expected, that is, all the rows are displayed regardless of whether there is data for the row or not..... Any thoughts as to how I can make Excel display ALL the dimension rows, regardless ...

in excel 2003 what happened to the shift+f1 (help tip)

Using excel for a colour calculation
I am trying to use excel to perform some calculations with colour matching. I have 20 rows of colour samples with three inter related columns of numbers R-G-B for each sample. I am dividing each sample row by 10 to produce a predetermined fraction of each colour sample, example below with just two rows. A B C 120 100 50 100 150 90 /10 A B C 12 10 5 10 15 9 Having reduced each of the 20 rows of three columns to a tenth as fraction samples of their starting values I now want ...

Impossible to balance
I`m trying to download and the balance my American express account. But when I reconcile all transactions it won`t balance for an amount equal to the diference between the 2 amounts "whay you owed last month" and "what you owe now" that I entered in the dialog box. If I force to balance, it says that the starting balance is not the same in my registers and the one Money calculated! Is someone experienceing the same problem? >-----Original Message----- >I`m trying to download and the balance my American >express account. But when I reconcile all transactio...

how to make pie chart in Power Point
I dont know how to make a pie chart using power point It's hard to give specifics without knowing what version of PP you have, but generally you use -- Insert, Chart and then use the Chart Formatting tools to change the type, style, colors, ets. -- James Orlando (Goofy says "Hey"), Florida "diya" <diya@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A37A3E33-AFBD-4237-80EE-AF51A2A51C76@microsoft.com... > I dont know how to make a pie chart using power point You can make pie charts in Powerpoint by selecting the "Insert" Tab and ...

XYscatter plots miss last point
I am making an Excel XYscatterplot chart using a VB program. I first plot two curves with point-to-point lines and no symbols in different colors. I then plot two curves with symbols only which are meant to highlight the values on the lined curves which my logic has chosen as "peak" point in the curves. This all works except that the last peak found does not get plotted with a symbol. I have checked my range of values and they are correct. Has anyone seen this also? ...

Aged Trial Balance & Last Payment Info
Is it possible to get the last payment date and amount put on the aged trial balance - receivables management? I have found the last payment date and last payment amount fields listed in the Global Fields section of the RM_Customer_MSTR table but am not able to drag it onto the report. I am guessing that it has to be done with VB, but I am not sure where to find the data. Can anyone help with this? "Lyle" wrote: > Is it possible to get the last payment date and amount put on the aged trial > balance - receivables management? Lyle: Its in RM00103 - RM Customer Master...

using a vb variable in an excel formula
I have a VB macro variable that I want to reference in an Excel formul (faulty code below gives me a #NAME? error) . There has to be an eas way to do this but I haven't found it yet. Thanks in advance. Sub test() ' ' Dim ok As String Dim no As String String1 = "ok" String2 = "no" Range("A1").Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "23" Range("B1").Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "45" Range("A2").Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=IF(R[-1]C>20, String1, String2)" End Su -- Message posted from http://w...

opening protected excel for windows file using excel for mac
I am attempting to open a file with locked cells, created using excel for windows, on a mac machine using excel for mac, but am getting "unable to open encrypted file". Is there any solution? Are the two Excel products incompatible in that way? Budseal wrote: > I am attempting to open a file with locked cells, created using excel for > windows, on a mac machine using excel for mac, but am getting "unable to open > encrypted file". > Is there any solution? Are the two Excel products incompatible in that way? > Excel for Mac can not open encr...

need an advice in excel sheets....
hi! I am preparing a basic calculator for myself for some funds and I got into a trouble... there is a excel file U can download... http://www.andergrant.com/problem.zip so.. "a, b, c, d, e, f" sheets are the names of funds the problem is in the sheet called 'main' in the cell F109. I want this cell to feedback me the number taken from sheet 'a' from the row number 4 BUT !!! - I WANT IT TO FEEDBACK IT FROM TODAY!!! (I want to query to compare/check today's date and answer with a proper number under the today's date). So the feedback for such a query for ...

Excel is messing with the math coprocessor
I have just noticed that Excel is changing the floating point round off handling in the math coprocessor for my C++ and Fortran DLL. Has anyone run into this ? I am getting ready to try venturing into _Control87 calls when my DLL is called from Excel. I have verified this problem in both Excel 2003 and 2010. Thanks, Lynn Lynn McGuire was thinking very hard : > I have just noticed that Excel is changing the floating > point round off handling in the math coprocessor for my > C++ and Fortran DLL. Has anyone run into this ? I am > getting ready to try venturing into _Control87 ...

Difference between balance due on statement and balance due in system?
A client of mine had a recent server mishap that caused them to lose 3 months of sales data. Fortunately, they keep paper records of customer charges and were able to adjust the customer balances accordingly. This worked for most of the statements. However, there is a small group that is really throwing me for a loop. This group of statements is printing a new balance due that is completely different than the balance due as listed in the customer manager. The difference between the correct amount and the mis-print is exactly the amount listed as "Previous Balance" on the statement. ...

Excel bar charts with percentages
I have created a bar chart which shows both total expected and now current revenues of various projects using two colors within a single bar column. Now I want to add a third piece of information to show the completion percentage of the projects. If this is possible how can it be accomplished? Calculate the percentage in your worksheet. Add the data to the chart. Try copying the data series from the worksheet & Paste Special onto the chart. Charts aren't for doing calculations; they are for displaying the results of calculations done elsewhere. -- David Biddulph "Bar...

can't open excel file in Excel 2003
Dears I've a computer created a Excel 2000 file. Then I send to another computer using Excel 2003. However, I can't open the file in Excel 2003. It told me that the file is corrupted. But I can open the file in another Excel 2000. What's wrong?? Excel 2003 not compatible with Excel 2000?? Thanks Did you try File-->Open, then select the file, hit the Open dropdown button, and choose Repair? ************ Hope it helps! Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com Check out the NEWsgroup stats! Check out: www.ExcelUserConference.com "helloworld" <helloworld@...> wrote in ...

Two scales on Chart
Is it possible in Excel (2003) to have a LH scale and a RH scale when charting? For example, in US terms, a LH scale showing Dow Jones Index (say 9000 - 12000 points) and a RH scale of a particular stock (say MS, $15 - $30) over a period of time. Yes, it is possible. In help's answer wizard type "dual axis" First hit will be "add a secondary axis" Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 30 Sep 2006 09:23:12 +1000, "Oziebill" <oziebillREMXXXXXXXXXOVE@XXXXXYYYyahoo.com> wrote: >Is it possible in Excel (2003) to have a LH scale and a RH scale...

when import EXCEL to ACCESS, the date format excel column title changed...
when linking EXCEL to ACCESS, the date format excel column tilt changed in ACCESS table. For example: Excel column title : May-04,Jun-04,Jul-04.... changed to F09,F10,F11..... In ACCESS linked table Why and how can I keep the date tile as linked table fields name? Thank you.. Attachment filename: try.zip Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=57659 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi are your Excel columns real date values (just formated as 'MMM-YY')? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany ...

Previous Balance on the Customer Balance
Hello, I have a request from a client, where they want to print at the top of their customer statement the previous balance from the prior month customer statement. Thanks, Scott ...