Axis labels wrap until print/print preview

POS Office 2007

I have a simple chart with 2 lines utilizing both the left and right
vertical axis.  The horizontal axis labels are wrapped nicely so that
all fit, or so one thinks.  When I print, the labels do not wrap, but
overwrite each other.  Even in print preview, the labels are all run
together.  Is there somewhere I can force a wrap of the labels?

Rita Brasher

0
Rita

Sorry, I should have added that this chart is on a page with other
charts.  The font size is already 6, so it cannot reasonably be made
smaller pr my audience will need a magnifying glass to see it.
Thanks!

On 4/12/2010 12:24 PM, Rita Brasher wrote:
> POS Office 2007
>
> I have a simple chart with 2 lines utilizing both the left and right
> vertical axis. The horizontal axis labels are wrapped nicely so that all
> fit, or so one thinks. When I print, the labels do not wrap, but
> overwrite each other. Even in print preview, the labels are all run
> together. Is there somewhere I can force a wrap of the labels?
>

> Rita Brasher

0
Rita
4/12/2010 5:31:00 PM
You could insert a hard line break in the cell containing the labels, by
holding down Alt and pressing Return.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
774-275-0064
http://peltiertech.com/

On 4/12/2010 1:31 PM, Rita Brasher wrote:
> Sorry, I should have added that this chart is on a page with other
> charts.  The font size is already 6, so it cannot reasonably be made
> smaller pr my audience will need a magnifying glass to see it.
> Thanks!
>
> On 4/12/2010 12:24 PM, Rita Brasher wrote:
>> POS Office 2007
>>
>> I have a simple chart with 2 lines utilizing both the left and right
>> vertical axis. The horizontal axis labels are wrapped nicely so that all
>> fit, or so one thinks. When I print, the labels do not wrap, but
>> overwrite each other. Even in print preview, the labels are all run
>> together. Is there somewhere I can force a wrap of the labels?
>>

>> Rita Brasher

0
Jon
4/13/2010 2:38:08 PM
Thanks John.  I resized the chart just a tiny bit and all the labels
wrapped as I wanted them.

On 4/13/2010 9:38 AM, Jon Peltier wrote:
> You could insert a hard line break in the cell containing the labels, by
> holding down Alt and pressing Return.
>
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier
> Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
> 774-275-0064
> http://peltiertech.com/
>

> On 4/12/2010 1:31 PM, Rita Brasher wrote:
>> Sorry, I should have added that this chart is on a page with other
>> charts. The font size is already 6, so it cannot reasonably be made
>> smaller pr my audience will need a magnifying glass to see it.
>> Thanks!
>>
>> On 4/12/2010 12:24 PM, Rita Brasher wrote:
>>> POS Office 2007
>>>
>>> I have a simple chart with 2 lines utilizing both the left and right
>>> vertical axis. The horizontal axis labels are wrapped nicely so that all
>>> fit, or so one thinks. When I print, the labels do not wrap, but
>>> overwrite each other. Even in print preview, the labels are all run
>>> together. Is there somewhere I can force a wrap of the labels?
>>>

>>> Rita Brasher

0
Rita

check printing #3
I have a client that just reinstalled money after a hard drive crash on a XP pro machine. He has the problem where not all of the output for a sheet of checks is printing. Only about a 2" x 3" block prints. I found the article in the knowledge base that refers to this problem. I have looked everwhere I can to find out where this paper size is set. I have looked in money print settings and control panel settings. I even checked the control pannel of the hp laserjet. I can't find it set any where. any thoughts thanks cliff And the version of Money in question is??? And (...

The label of Y-axis can not be shown wholly
Hi, The font size in char is 10 pt. the label of Y-axis is "CEC (me/1kg)", however the label just shows "CEC (me/1kg". The ) is missing. I enlarge the size of char, it doesn't work yet. If I change the font size to 12. it can be revealed correctly. But the font size must be 10pt. Would you please help me solve the problem? Thanks for your attention. Michael This is a well-know bug. For workarounds see Jon's site: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/AxisLabelCutOff.html best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme...

Printing selected pages... NOT happening
I have a WORD document (2007) that I want to select two pages to print from the 20 total pages. When I go in to the print options and select the two pages and then go to print them I get page 19 ONLY !!??? I have googled this and can't seem to find an answer to why if I select page 11 and 15 then print, I get page 19. I have tried several different formatting setting, s1s1, s1p1, and so on but every printing still comes out with page 19. I'm starting to think it the acutual document itself that is messed up somehow. Any ideas or suggestion? Thanks Alan How i...

Access mailing labels--blank lines
The database I am using for mailing lables has some null fields on some records. Can Access condense the lables down to the useable fields so I don't have blank lines? For example, some records use a second address field, some do not. Certainly, check help for the CanGrow and CanShrink properties of the Controls. If it is labels, to preserve the spacing, you probably do not want to also set CanShrink on the Detail Section, as you might in a regular report. Larry Linson Microsoft Access MVP "kato719" <kato719@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:321...

How to get Preview Pane in separate Data File in Outlook 2002
For back-up and portability purposes, we use separate Outlook Data Files. (File, New, Outlook Data File, ....) Then we use the Organizer Wizard to move files from the Inbox to the appropriate data file. All of this works great. The only thing we can't figure out is how to turn on the preview pane on one of these files. It works fine on the standard InBox or any Personal Folder that is in the main *.PST file. We use the described method (View, Current View, Other Settings, check by Preview Pane) and we don't get any error message. However, we also do NOT get ...

How to insert X axis scale values next to axis and X axis grid lin
I usually create charts with logarithmic scale on the X axis. I find that using "Scatter" chart function allows this to be done easily. The final chart inserts the grid ticks but does not insert X axis values (or even grid lines). Does anyone know the simple way to achieve what I want? What is the min/max value for your X axis? As I recall, only axis labels are put only for each decade, and not for anything in the middle. (shows 0.1, doesn't show 0.2-0.9, shows 1). You can do that, but it requires some additional work. "vp23larry" wrote: > I usually create...

Permissions is not allowing me to use my print preview.
Help! Don't understand My Permission in Excel. Even though I unrestrict, it still doesn't allow me to Preview my documents. How do I reset? Please Help, ...

How do I make a graph with Stones and Pounds on an axis in Excel?

Outlook print size
When I print e-mails from outlook express to my HP deskjet, the print size is extremely small. How do I increase the size of the print? ...

X Axis Linear Representation Problem
I have a project involving a hiking trail where I am trying to capture altitude on Y axis versus mile marker location on X axis. I can enter the data in adjoining columns and use the chart wizard but each mile marker value gets positioned along the X axis in uniform increments rather than an actual linear scale representation. In other words, mile markers 3.3 and the next mile marker (3.8) are the same distance apart on the X axis in the graphic representation as is marker 3.8 and the next one (12.5). This distorts the graphic representation of the actual linear distance between the...

BROKEN Y AXIS
I do not understand why microsoft does not fix "with an easy to apply command" this very important LACK in EXCEL such as HOW TO SHOW CONSISTENTLY IN A CHART DATA RANGE THAT ARE EXTREMELY DIFFERENT". In fact one extremely high value in a group of more similar values make the chart COMPLETELY meaningless. Please, can anybody help me with a FEASIBLE way to make a Broken Axis?? Thank you. Magister from Rome Hi Magister, Have a look at the following examples, http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BrokenYAxis.html http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/broken_y_axis/tut...

Category axis #2
The text contents in my category axis (bar chart) are about 5 words each. However, they all seem to look centred (within their wrap) but NOT centred against each other in a vertical line. I would want them aligned on the left or right or if they have to be centred at least in a verticle line to each other. Any ideas? Deborah Deborah - I've been known to construct a fake axis using a helper series: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ArbitraryAxis.html You have a little more control over the data labels, including alignment. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Pelti...

Problem with Y-axis values in Chart in Excel 2000
I have an excel workbook with several data sheets and 5 chart-sheets. All of these charts get there data from the same sheet and everything works fine. But when I try to make another chart-sheet with data from that same data-sheet the Y-axis values are all 0 instead of for example 552000. And the scale is 0 to 1 in steps of 0,1 while all data is 200000-600000. This only happens if the data is on line 69 or higher(in the data sheet), everything from line 1 to line 68 does not give problems. Is this a known problem or has anyone encountered something like this before? It's got nothing to do...

Labels
Hi. The A4 sheets of labels I use have 14 labels each (2x7). After designing a label, if I chose Print Preview it will show me the same label 14 times on the page. However, I only want to print one labe with that address; I don't need 14 labels with the same address. Is it possible to have Publisher to print on only one of the 14 indiviudal labels? Thanks. Loge You will have to manually create a label page. You can do this with the table tool. In page setup, choose the label you want to use, click adjust printing options, this will give you the measurements to use in your manual setup. I...

Move from Y Axis to X Axis
How can I get my data from being displayed on the Y Axis to moving it to the X Axis? Thanks It depends on the type of chart your using, but generally you can control what appears on the X and Y axis by first activating the chart (click on the outside edge with your mouse). Then, if using Excel 2003 go to the standard toolbar and select Chart -> Source Data -> Series. Or, you can right-click your mouse and go to Source Data -> Series. -- John Mansfield http://www.cellmatrix.net "KenCanuck" wrote: > How can I get my data from being displayed on the Y Axis to m...

Printing Comments as displayed on the page.
I am trying to print Comments as displayed on the page and they don't print. I am running Excel 2000, version 9.0.3821 SR-1. I am using an HP printer (LaserJet 2100). Anyone have any ideas?? File > Page Setup > Sheet tab and select "As displayed on sheet" in the Comments box. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I am trying to print Comments as displayed on the page and >they don't print. I am running Excel 2000, version >9.0.3821 SR-1. I am using an HP printer (LaserJet 2100). >Anyone have any ideas?? >. > Make sure...

printing workbooks
I am trying to print an excel work book. The first tabs, of charts, print fine. The next tabs of data print only the table headers, footers and the first row- no data. What am I doing wrong? Hi what happens if you only print this one sheet? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "JWB" <JWB@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:6679F7FA-EE7F-45A3-AFCC-FF2F9C60D9B4@microsoft.com... > I am trying to print an excel work book. The first tabs, of charts, print > fine. The next tabs of data print only the table headers, footers and the > first row...

Need PivotChart x axis to cross Y axis at minimum Y axis value
I see an option to have x cross y at max y, but how can I say min y? On Thu, 16 Aug 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, Aaron <Aaron@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I see an option to have x cross y at max y, but how can I say min y? Jon Peltier taught me this one when I grumbled about the absence of a "min y" check box. As it turns out, setting the x crossing to some absurdly low figure like -999, far below the y axis minimum, does not make the x axis disappear, or ignore the figure and stay at the default zero. Instead it makes the x axis cross at, not below ...

label
Hi everyone How do I hide a label thanks -- donn Dear try this Add the following line to the Form’s OnLoad event: crmForm.all.[fieldname]_c.style.color = “#EEF0F6″; All field labels are named exactly like the data entry fields, but with a “_c” appended to the end of the name. -- Regards, Imran MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "Donald" wrote: > Hi everyone > > How do I hide a label > > thanks > -- > donn Add the following line to the Form’s OnL...

Pixelated printing of rotated images
After importing a photo image (jpg file) into Publisher 2002, I have then sized down and rotated the image some 20%. All looks OK on print preview, but on printing the image is pixelated and unusable. Any ideas welcome !! ...

label fonts
I have two charts drawn from different worksheets in the same Excel file. In both, I manually set the axis labels (x-axis: year, y-axis: number of items) at Ariel Bold 14 pt. But on screen and in the printout, the labels on one of the charts come out much larger than on the other. These are going into my dissertation--how can I make them look uniform? Thanks Select the chart Right-click on the axis Choose Format Axis Select the Font tab Remove the check mark from 'Auto scale' Click OK Jauchart wrote: > I have two charts drawn from different worksheets in the > same Excel...

Printing rules
I created a rather long list of rules in Outlook 2002. I want to discuss these in an educational/training forum but don't know how to print them. Is there any way to print the Outlook rules? I know I can export/import them, but that does not suffice. ...

Format chart axis by inputting data in a cell
I'd like to format the chart axis by linking the Maximum and Minimum scale to 2 cells in another worksheet. This way I can protect the sheet with the chart and the user can still change the axis. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. I think you will have to write a macro to do that. "Mike" wrote: > I'd like to format the chart axis by linking the Maximum and Minimum scale to > 2 cells in another worksheet. This way I can protect the sheet with the > chart and the user can still change the axis. Any help would be appreciated. > Thanks. ...

How to get the lines in an Excell document to print?
In an Excel document only the text in and above the columns prints. I want both the vertical and horizontal lines to also print. "Robert-Harry" <Robert-Harry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5117CCEE-AD3B-4B5C-BAE9-D3BB4F49DEE8@microsoft.com... > In an Excel document only the text in and above the columns prints. I > want > both the vertical and horizontal lines to also print. Page Setup-Sheet-Print gridlines..... "Robert-Harry" wrote: > In an Excel document only the text in and above the columns prints. I want > both th...