avoiding plotting zero values on graphs

How do I when plotting points of a graph avoid plotting the zero values.

During the start of a new period, there will be several zero values, how can
i aviod excel from plotting these zero values
0
lee1 (146)

"Lee" <Lee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I when plotting points of a graph avoid plotting the zero
> values.
>
> During the start of a new period, there will be several zero values,
> how can i aviod excel from plotting these zero values

Hi Lee,

I suggest that, unless the result you want *is* actually zero, you
don't have a formula that returns that value.

Better, IMO at least, to return Not Applicable (#N/A) if the result is
not (yet) applicable.

For example:

=IF(DataMonth>CurrentMonth,NA(),Result)

This has the advantage that any results that are not able to be
applied remain unplotted on a chart.

Hope that helps,

Alan.

else associated with me.

My current valid email address is:

6f7chu602@sneakemail.com

This is valid as is.  It is not munged, or altered at all.

deactivated due to spam.  If so, and you want
email address

0
alan4377 (173)

Initial Capitals
Word 2002 - I am entering lists of words that have no initial capital, but Word insists on capitalising the initial letter - how do I stop this, please? Check your autocorrect settings. There should be an option activated which capitalize the first letter. Deselect it. Yves "haywain" <haywain@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FB9E9550-5A9C-4813-96EC-7095654D22A0@microsoft.com... > Word 2002 - I am entering lists of words that have no initial capital, but > Word insists on capitalising the initial letter - how do I stop this, > please? ...

how to create 0 to 0 value charts
how can i create a chart that for the values that start say for example from 0 for a speed of 1000 and then revolve through different values of speed. these values values when plotted initially start from 0 for 1000 and reach a highest value at say 4000 and return back to 0 at 1000 speed. say that values if they look like these, 1000 0 1400 7 1500 680000 1800 0 2000 650000 2500 660000 3000 750000 3100 800000 3400 0 3500 0 3700 0 3800 0 4000 0 4300 0 4500 0 5000 0 5300 0 5500 0 5700 0 6000 0 6000 0 5700 0 5500 0 5300 0 5000 0 4500 0 4300 0 4000 0 3800 0 3700 0 3500 0 3400 0 3100 0 3000 8500...

Can time be used as both the x and y variables in scatter plots?
Can time be used as both the x variable and the y variable when creating a scatter plot? I want to determine the correlation between the time one of our company TV commercials is aired versus the time of day that we receive phone calls. My objective is to determine which commercials generate the most calls. I am entering the times as "10:30", "1:15" etc. Thanks! -J Yes, time can be used on both axes of a XY Scatter chart. (Date and) time are stored as numbers. Dates are whole numbers starting with 1/1/1900 being 1. Time is the fraction part stored as 0=midnight a...

avoid duplicates!
Hi Guys, I have below query, in which i am trying to get the machine anme, user name, IP Subnet fro three different tables. The third table V_RA_SYSTEM_IPSUBNETS is having multiple IP subnet info against a single machine. Hence when i ran this query i get lot of duplicates (if there are 5 subnets against a single machine, this machine is listed 5 times)... Is it possible to get only the last assgined IP subnet from the third table (This table has only a resourceid and the IPsubnet column, there is no date column)... SELECT DISTINCT SYS.NAME0 AS 'MACHINENAME', IP.IP_...

File handle in global value
I open a file in one thread, save the file handle in a global value(ignoring for a moment that its not recommended), then close the thread , open a new thread and use the handle inside it to access the file and finally close the file in this thread. Is it legal from the point of view of C++/MFC(again,ignoring for a moment that its not recommended)? Regards Mandi >I open a file in one thread, save the file handle in a global value(ignoring >for a moment that its not recommended), then close the thread , open a new >thread and use the handle inside it to access the file and f...

Identifying the top five values in multiple groups
I've got a spreadsheet of pay information for about eight hundred people. Each person is on one of eight salary scales I'd like to create a new worksheet that shows the details of just the 5 highest paid people in each scale (name, dept, salary, etc.) - and also the five lowest. Ideally, I'd like also to be able to vary that number - eg the top ten, the highest, etc.. Can someone help? Thanks Suppose you have data in Sheet1 in the below format Col A Col B Col C Name Scale Salary a1 1 101 a2 1 102 a3 1 103 a4 2 104 In Sheet2 cel...

Avoid "Overwrite" Message
I've seen a number of other posting on this but not a full solution. I'm trying to avoid getting the message telling me another user may have made changes, do I want to save a copy or overwrite, blah, blah, blah. I still can't figure out how to turn this off completely. Please help. Hi don't share your workbook. These messages should only appear if your workbook is shared -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Jeff M. wrote: > I've seen a number of other posting on this but not a full solution. > I'm trying to avoid getting the message telling me another...

Pivotable
Is there a method of hiding zero values automatically in pivot tables? Thanks. Double click the field header Uncheck "Show items with no data -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Thanks for your response. I have followed your instructions but the zero values remain in the report. Any other ideas. >-----Original Message----- >Double click the field header >Uncheck "Show items with no data" > > >--- >Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ > >. > ...

paste excel graph to body of email
How do I paste a graph in Excel to the body of an email in Outlook Express? Cut and Paste is not working. ...

How to Flag duplicate values in column
I'm wondering how search for and flag duplicates in a column of data. Basically what I'd like to do is create a formula that looks at the value in an adjacent cell and tells me that value exists anywhere else in the column of values eg something like... =if(E3 exists somewhere else in column E), E3,"") anyway to do this with just a formula? TimeTraveller Hi Ruth Try =IF(COUNTIF(E:E,E3)>1,E3,"") -- Regards Roger Govier "Ruth" <nowhere@null.net> wrote in message news:HgUmj.16094$ow.13857@pd7urf1no... > I'm wondering how search...

How can I set the padding to zero if the document is pdf?

Scattering 3d plot
I gave some points with their own coordinates (X, Y, Z) with no regular mesh. E.g: 0 4 6 1 2 1 1 1 1 1 1 7 9 -1 3 I'd plot them. I have to use Excel 2003. How have I to do? ...

Return Value from Form
I need to return a value from a form displayed modally. Many years ago, if I used VB classic, I could create a public method that took care of any arguments, displayed the form modally, and then returned appropriate return values. Something like this: Public Function GetValue(Args As Integer m_Args = Args m_Result = DefaultResult Show vbModal GetValue = m_Result End Function However, it appears Access VBA doesn't support this. For one thing, there's no Show method (and so it certainly can't have a modal argument). I like this approach because ...

Graph a normal distribution chart?
I am having trouble graphing the percentage to the bell curve shape. Can anyone help? Thanks. "Barbara" <Barbara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1FE51378-26D1-4858-92BD-A3FFC1E95861@microsoft.com... >I am having trouble graphing the percentage to the bell curve shape. Can > anyone help? Thanks. If you're looking for the density function for the normal distribution, try =(EXP(-POWER(A2,2)/2))/SQRT(2*PI()) and scale appropriately. If you're looking for the cumulative, try =NORMSDIST(A2) -- David Biddulph is the normal distribution cu...

Match (1 of 3 cell values) in a range?
Wondering if it's possible to achieve the following without using OR's (i.e. via array formula or similar) I have product information in a straight data dump from our point of sale, and a table of categories, suppliers or product groups to exclude from further reports (in a single column list). Such that: D4 = Category E4 = Supplier I4 = Product group I want a response: If the category, or the supplier, or the product group is in the list of exclusions, then response should be "DO NOT REPLENISH" I can do it easily enough with a IF(OR(MATCH(D4......) [3...

OWA
We currently use forms based authentication on our Exchange Server, but for people who are logged in on the internal network (but not at a computer with Outlook) we would like them to be able to acccess OWA and not have to log in again. (i.e. https:\\mail\exchange\username). Is there a way to do this and prevent the login prompt? Thanks Create another HTTP virtual server using different port w/same IP or default port but different IP? -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT -------------------------------- "Jan" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ud3Bd%239rFHA.2072...

FRUSTRATED: Enable field depending on value of another
Hi, I have the following three subs (amongst others): Private Sub Form_Current() If Trim(Title.Value) = "Other" Then TitleOther.Enabled = True TitleOther.SetFocus Else TitleOther.Enabled = False End If If MedicalAid = "OTHER" Then MedicalAidOther.Enabled = True MedicalAidOther.SetFocus Else MedicalAidOther.Enabled = False End If End Sub Private Sub Title_AfterUpdate() If Trim(Title.Value) = "Other" Then TitleOther.Enabled = True TitleOther.SetFo...

How to retrieve source data from data plots only?
Hi, I would appreciate any help on this. Basically, I have got some plots in Excel from my colleague. He had deleted all the source data used to generate those plots since he only cares about the plots. However, the source data is what I really need. I know by clicking on each data point in a plot, you can view the value of that data point. But is there a way to retrieve all the source data at once? There are simply too many data points in a plot for me to do this one by one. Thanks, Fang I have found a macro for doing this. I am posting the link here in case someone runs into the same p...

Not accept a value of 0 in a currency field.
In a cost savings field I want to not accept a savings of 0, but a cost of less than or greater than 0 is acceptable. In my projects database there is a cost saving field and the engineers are getting around it by putting in a 0 so I want to force them to put in an acceptable value. for example the savings might be $1.99 or ($1.99) but not $0.00. How can i do that. in the validation rule property of your field put <>0 "Leslie" wrote: > In a cost savings field I want to not accept a savings of 0, but a cost of > less than or greater than 0 is acceptable. In my ...

graph parabola (positivre& Negative numbers)
Help. I want to know how to graph a parabola. I need an x axis (-5 to 5) and a y axis ( -5 to 5). y = x^2 +x +2 Thanks Hi, Homework? Since you need both X and Y values, you know that Y depends on X. So first start your column of X values (-5 to 5) (say, in column A); In B, you'll put your Y values which are calc'd from the formula =x^2+x+2; put this in first Y cell and copy down; Now youhave your X's and Y's; goto INsert==chart== select line and off you go! jeff >-----Original Message----- >Help. I want to know how to graph a parabola. I need an >x ...

X Y Plots by point
I know this is probably something very easy to do but I cannot figure out how to do it in Excel. All I want to do is have Excel plot a series of points on an x, y graph using one axis. I know how to do it on two. For example I have the following coordinates (1, 5), (6,10), (8,100). I want Excel to simple plot these points on a graph with x from 0 to 100 and y from 0 to 100. How do I tell it to give the right coordinate system and how do I tell it to plot these points on that coordinate system? Thanks for the help in advance. rcpatterson -- rcpatterson -------------------------------...

Creating scatter plots
How do I create a scatter plot. I've done line and bar graphs but I'm not sure how to do a scatter plot. Also, how can I use data from different tabs in the same excel file to create the graph. Will I need to copy and paste all the data onto another tab? Hi, For a scatter plot you need a set of x and y values. If you only have Y values the x ones will automatically be a sequential series 1 to number_of_Y_points. Ideally you would have you X-values in a column with the Y-values in the next column to the right. You can make Excels job easier at guessing your data layout if you...

polynomial trendline values in a spreadsheet
Hello, I have about 20 years worth of temperature data that I'm trying to devise the smoothed normal values from. For example, the average temperature for the past 20 July 4th's is 80, July 5th 81, July 6th 79, etc. I have the data ploted nicely on a XY Scatter chart. I also have a polynomial trendline (order 6) plotted through the data and it perfectly smooths the data. However, I can only estimate the values for a given day and I would like to have the value that the trendline is ploting as a value in a cell. I can put the formula on the chart, but not much else. I know...

How do I convert formulas to values? Help appreciated!
Is there a way for me to formulas to values or the result? I have to upload this into another program and it does not like the formulas however will take alpha-numeric cells. Any help would be appreciated. Hi Smitty, Press Control + A to select the entire contents of the sheet and then go to Edit-->Copy. Then go to Edit-->Paste Special and paste Values. Please be sure to make a backup copy of your file so that you do have the formulae somewhere in case you need them again. Either that or do the paste special-->Values into a new workbook. HTH, Katherine "Smitty" <...

How to transfer selected cells' values into an array in VBA?
For example, If A1:K11 is selected, then the Array in VBA should be: A(1,1) = A1, A(1,2) = B1 A(1,3) = C1 ... A(2,1) = A2, A(2,2) = B2 A(2,3) = C2 ... .... Thanks! Option Explicit sub testme dim myArr as variant myArr = activesheet.range("a1:K11").value end sub Julian wrote: > > For example, If A1:K11 is selected, then the Array in VBA should be: > > A(1,1) = A1, A(1,2) = B1 A(1,3) = C1 ... > A(2,1) = A2, A(2,2) = B2 A(2,3) = C2 ... > ... > > Thanks! -- Dave Peterson Thanks... But what should I do if the selection is flexible? "Dave Pet...