Automatic axis settings for bubble chart via VBA

Hi,

I am searching for a possibility for an automatic setting
of the minimum axis values in a bubble chart via VBA.
Normally, the automatic axis setting could do the job,
but if the difference between the values on one axis are
greater than 20%, the automatic routine sets the min axis
value to 0.

Is there a possibility to create a VBA function, which is
able to the job for values which habe a difference of
more than 20%?

Thanks in advance!

Dirk Grunewald

Dirk Grunewald wrote:
> I am searching for a possibility for an automatic setting
> of the minimum axis values in a bubble chart via VBA.

Tushar has one potential answer.  It's not VBA - his add-in uses the
contents of a cell to set the min and max.  Go to www.tushar-mehta.com and
find the AutoChart Manager on the left side of the screen.

0
dvt (216)
10/7/2003 7:50:25 PM
Here are a  few posts that show how to write your own axis-scaling routines.

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=OIIpQwW2CHA.1636%40TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=etUr0zUdCHA.1864%40tkmsftngp11
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=3F0AF6F9.6080107%40yahoo.com
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=3A8C8FA6.D2527523%40home.com

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
_______

dvt wrote:
> Dirk Grunewald wrote:
>
>>I am searching for a possibility for an automatic setting
>>of the minimum axis values in a bubble chart via VBA.
>

> Tushar has one potential answer.  It's not VBA - his add-in uses the
> contents of a cell to set the min and max.  Go to www.tushar-mehta.com and
> find the AutoChart Manager on the left side of the screen.

Hi Jon,

I can't use these axis-scaling routines, because I habve
to handle the axis settings for a bubble chart not not a
normal x-y-diagram.

This is due to the fact, that you can't use e.g. the min
value of your data point as the scaling parameter,
because there is the bubble around this data point.
If you want to show the whole bubble, then you have to
use a min value < min value of your datapoint.

Moreover, the the necessary min value depends of the
whole axis scaling, because there is a resizing function
for the bubbles.

Dirk

Dirk -

This is when you have to do a little trial and error.  You can get the
relative bubble sizes, you can get the multiple of the default size that
is used, and then you have to play a bit to find what the default size
is.  Then step through the points, and find which point's bubble extends
highest, lowest, etc.  More work, but still within the realm of what's
possible.

- Jon
-------

Dirk Grunewald wrote:
> Hi Jon,
>
> I can't use these axis-scaling routines, because I habve
> to handle the axis settings for a bubble chart not not a
> normal x-y-diagram.
>
> This is due to the fact, that you can't use e.g. the min
> value of your data point as the scaling parameter,
> because there is the bubble around this data point.
> If you want to show the whole bubble, then you have to
> use a min value < min value of your datapoint.
>
> Moreover, the the necessary min value depends of the
> whole axis scaling, because there is a resizing function
> for the bubbles.
>
> Dirk

selecting qty to print via textbox entry
I've been searching for this, but cannot find it. Simply, I have a userform to generate label printing. User enters the info, then in textbox4 will give the quantity to print. All I need is the script that will change the Number of Copies based on the entry of Textbox4 when the labels are printed. Much thanks j.o. I'm not sure what you are wanting to print. I assume a sheet. If it's not a sheet, I would recommend reading about the PrintOut method in the VBA help section. It would help if you post the code you are using and give specifics of your application. ...

Automatic CC

The note ID has not been set #2
I write the text in the note window in the Payroll Employee Setup - Canada window. And when i try to close the note window, i have this message: The note ID has not been set. ? ...

Chart totals
I need help. I have a chart with multiple columns and three rows. Each row has a total. I would like to do a stacked column chart shoeing the each rows value and the totals without the totals effecting the chart. When I try and do it now, the total throws off the chart? Hi, Does this work around help? http://www.andypope.info/charts/StackColTotal.htm Cheers Andy Angela wrote: > I need help. I have a chart with multiple columns and three rows. Each row > has a total. I would like to do a stacked column chart shoeing the each rows > value and the totals without the total...

Printer setting
How do you set OE so that incoming emails are automatically printed? WTIA. There is no setting in OE to do that. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Axis" <zedcars@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message news:p_von.406212$6i7.312953@newsfe06.ams2... > How do you set OE so that incoming emails are automatically printed? > WTIA. > ...

Automatic axis format

problem with column charts and two Y axes in Excel 2003
I've used previous versions of Excel for column charts a fair bit, and it seems like something doesn't work in Excel 2003. I want to display two data series next to one another in a column chart, and each data series needs its own Y axis (they are on different scales). I can get the two series next to each other if they are both plotted against the same Y axis, but if I choose Format Data Series -> Axis -> Secondary Axis for the second data series, the two columns are on top of each other. I can't figure out how to change this, and I don't recall ever having this probl...

Excel File Opening Via Hyperlink
What do I need to do within an Excel document to have it open in print preview mode when the Intranet link to this file is clicked? Thank you. Put this one line Macro in the ThisWorkbook code area: Private Sub Workbook_Open() ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintPreview End Sub -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200723 ...

Damn ColorIndex, I want to set _Color
Hi, is there a way to programmatically change the background color of a cell using Excel ActiveX object? Every example on the internet I have found uses the ColorIndex attribute and hardwired numbers, which gets on my nerves. I have tried to set the Range.Interior.Color attribute with 'Red', then with 'RGB(15,52,20)' then with '=RGB(16,78,60)' but I constantly get an error message that says: "Unable to set the Color property of the Interior class". Note that I'm using the Excel ActiveX objects in JavaScript, not VBA. Even if I have to use the ColorIndex pr...

ReadyBoost monitoring via Performance Monitor, Counter Missing?
I've seen many tutorials on monitoring ready boost in Vista to see if its performing correctly, however I seem to be missing the counters in Performance Monitor to monitor it? How do I add them, are they Windows 7 only? Seems they aren't installed on my system? I tried the tutorial at http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial136.html and this is how I noticed I am missing these counters. I also tried a program created to monitor it, but it errors out (probably because it uses the same performance counters I am missing?) Found it at: http://area-71.net/rbmon...

Chart with colored background
I am trying to make a control chart (of sorts) following the procedures shown here: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ColoredQuadrantBackground.html I have RED, YELLOW, GREEN, YELLOW and RED bars and I've gotten them to show in the background. The data for the stacked bars is listed like this on the sheet: RED YELLOW GREEN YELLOW RED <~~label for me 0.8 0.1 0.2 0.1 0.1 <~~data I also have data that is shown like this: Aug-04 Sep-04 Oct-04 Nov-04 Dec-04 Jan-05 Feb-05 1.00 1.00 1.00 1.00 1.07 1.07 1.07 that I want to overlay on the RED/YELLOW/GREEN sections. I c...

CE6: How to Disable SIP popup automatically
Hi, I know SIP popup can be disabled by the following registry setting in CE5: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sip] "TurnOffAutoDeploy"=dword:1 But It doesn't work in CE6. How to disable SIP auto-Popup in CE6? Thanks. Eric The SIP Auto Deploy in CE is due to Windows Controls invoke SHSipPreference (exported by AYGSHELL.DLL). So the easiest way is to avoid including AGYSHELL (SYSGEN_AYGSHELL) But if excluding AYGSHELL is not an option, you may need to modify the SHSipPreference (PRIVATE\SHELL\SHELLPSL\HAVEAYGSHELL\shellpsl.cpp) to supress SIP s...

How do I set up a repeating meeting in Outlook but not use recurr
How do I set up a repeating meeting (or copy a meeting) in an Outlook calendar but not use the recurrence feature because the meeting are scheduled randomly. You'll need to make each one separately. Exceptions don't work well in meeting requests. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEA...

Need help with VBA, kind of complicated
Okay, I am having trouble writing a procedure. I have a list of risks that are numbered 1- possibly 200. For each risk, a probability factor is chosen out of the list (.1, .2, .3, .4, .5, .6, .7, .8, .9, 1.0) and a consequence factor is chosen out of the list (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10). I have a grid below with the Y axis being the probability and going from .1 to 1.0 and the X axis is the consequence going from 1to 10. I want the risk number to be placed in the correct box in the grid and I want each box to contain as many numbers as possible. For example if risk #1 has a probabilit...

Automatic Forward
How can I automatically forward messages received from a specific sender to another's e-mail person? Thanks, ...

Set sheet viewpoint on workbook_open()
When Workbook_Open() is called, I want to tell Excel to begin the viewpoint in the top left corner, starting at cell "A1". A user will sometimes save their workbook while viewing cells far below, such as "J200". When they re-open the workbook, the workbook with open at cell "J200", but I would rather have the sheet open at cell "A1". How do I do this? Include a line like this: Application.Goto Reference:=Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A1"), scroll:=True -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200909 "Robert Crand...

group policy settings for DPM
is there an ADM file so you can use group policy for DMP settings for client comptuers? No. I think it doesnt. "C.Kelly@noemail.noemail" wrote: > is there an ADM file so you can use group policy for DMP settings for client > comptuers? > > > . > that's a bummer it would be nice if you could do server targeting via GP. "Gorazd Semrov" <GorazdSemrov@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0B7217DB-BFC5-49C4-BEA2-8DAAE1713E23@microsoft.com... > No. I think it doesnt. > > "C.Kelly@noemail.noemai...