Automatic axis format

Hi,
I'm need to make a automatic axis format within excel.
The number of rows is depending of a imported file.
No problem to get the max. number of rows.
But to put this number into the chart ( category axis) is more problematic.
I try VB but my knowledge is at dummy level !
Waiting for your reply.............
0
jos (3)

Hi,

Have a look at Jon's examples of dynamic charts.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

how can i apply conditional formatting by code ?
Say that there is a table T_PERSONAL [Name (text), Surname (text), Salary (integer)]. I created a Tabular Form (F_PERSONAL) which retrieves information from T_PERSONAL. I want to put a image for a specific record on the form, if the record satisfy some specific criteria. For other record which does not satisfy the criteria, image should be invisible. Say that, if [Name (text)] ~text13~ is "ALBERT", Image Object ~Image13~ should be visible. I dont suppose that Image Object should be included in T_PERSONAL. It will be inserted manualy during design stage of Tabular Form. I would not as...

Trouble Entering Old Date Formats
Hi, I want to enter and format dates prior to 1901 so that I can calculate ages on a family history research page. Without looking too hard I think that dates start around 1900 and when i enter dates in the 1800s, I cant enter them in any date format as they only seem to enter as general text. Having picked up numerous tips from this site, Im sure someone will have a simple explanation for me as to what I am overlooking. VMT -- Joroti With an addin http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/xdate.htm Mike "JRTB" wrote: > Hi, > > I want to enter and format dates prior t...

page format lost with 2007
We upgraded to Office 2007 at my company just this past week. I was frustrated to find that the format of documents (programs, brochures, invitations, etc.) I had in Publisher 2003 does not always translate into 2007. For example, I have a 1/2 page program set up to print two per 8 1/2x11 sheet: when I opened this with Publisher 2007, it was set to print a single full page program per sheet. In a time crunch, I gave up and printed the way it had opened. I have since gotten it switched back over to 1/2 page, by re-selecting landscape layout and multiple copies per page. Easy enou...

Automatic, conditional chart creation from separate files [Excel 2007]
I have a number of separate files (Excel 2007). Each file contains several sheets with test results of a few students. The students (the same, all the time) are evaluated each month using the same test, and each month a new sheet is created for each of them. For example: Workbook 1: Worksheet A (John), Worksheet B (Jennifer), Worksheet C (Anna) Workbook 2 (a month later): Worksheet A (Jennifer), Worksheet B (John), Worksheet C (Anna) I`d like to create a separate file with charts depicting the mean results for each student. The chart would retrieve data automatically from every file s...

Conditional Formatting with 3 options
Hi, i would like to know if anyone has successfully created conditional format with 3 options whereby 3 colours are displaye depending on the cell/formula result contents. I would say i have ver strong excel skills and although i could easily program this in VBA th spreadsheet needs to work without VBA in this instance. basically my problem is to monitor changes in performance between dates for a budget whereby a positive improvement of actual vs budge is one colour a negative performance is another colour ( now that wa the easy bit ) the difficult bit is to show a third colour when th var...

axis value extension
How can I extend the x and y axis value in Excel charts? (These are the titles next to the axis, which appear to cut off if want to write anything long) Cheers J Jose, One option is to delete the titles and replace them with textboxes from the drawing toolbar. The textboxes allow much more flexibility. ---- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "Jose Mourinho" wrote: > How can I extend the x and y axis value in Excel charts? (These are the > titles next to the axis, which appear to cut off if want to write anything > long) > > Cheers > J >...

Need Help With Format paint
I need help using format painter in Excel. I tryed MS instructions but it dosen't work. Thank you. Leon Rosenfeld What kind of help do you need, Leon? Perhaps these instructions will help you: http://www.officearticles.com/misc/format_painter_in_microsoft_office.htm ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Leon Rosenfeld" <Leonski84@gmail.com> wrote in message news:5666D058-66CB-46E4-B733-6F50E11C0902@microsoft.com... >I need help using format painter in Excel. I tryed MS instructions but it > dosen't work. > > Thank you. > > Leon Rosenfe...

Expand Conditional Formatting to all Rows
I cannot get my conditional formatting rule to apply to my entire data set. My data are set in rows. I want the entire row to format (color fill) when two specific cells within that row equal each other. I can get the single row to work properly, but I can't see how to expand this formula down to each row on my worksheet. I have read several other posts regarding this issue but am still not able to get it to work, can someone help me out? -- KKD Have you tried using the format painter which is probably on your tool bar. Looks like a paint brush -- Don Guillett M...

Help saving embedded animated images in GIF format
Hello, I am having trouble saving embedded images in Outlook XP emails, however unlike many others who post here, I have NO trouble saving GIF images in IE. I have done everything that is normally suggested: * cleared my cache * deleted all unknown/damaged object files (from TIFS) * increased my cache size * rebooted But the problem persists. When I attempt to save embedded animated GIF images, in an Outlook email, only the BMP file type can be selected. This problem holds for all e-mails (ie: it is not the case of a particular e-mail being corrupt). Any ideas, Ken ...

Format Date Display in Access ADP
Is there a way to force a combo box to display a date pulled from a SQL Server database in a specific format? The date is being displayed as YYYY-MM-DD which is the default for SQL Server. I seem to recall that combo box's ignore the Format property. Actually, I solved my own problem. I figured out that I needed to add another column to the call back function that loads up the combo box. The new column has the date formated as YYYY-MM-DD which, given that its ColumnWidth is set to 0 causes the correct date format to be displayed. The second column, which is visible, di...

Breaking links loses formatting & blank cells in 2007
Hi. I'm the latest recipient here at work of the upgrade from Office 2003 to 2007. In Excel 2003, I had a number of presentation charts linked to data on external files. Prior to publishing, I'd do a save-as under a different file name and break all the links to the data from the charts. Doing it this way somehow saved all the missing values as well as the data-dependent formatting of the cells (for example, the horizontal axis would display values as dates instead of numbers). However, I repeat the process in 2007, and I lose both the formatting and all my gaps are now 0&#...

Format field doesn't transfer
Hi, We just updated our Office from '97 to XP and we are running into this problem: We are trying to merge excel fields into word. It works fine until the amount that we are merging has two zeros after the decimal point. It transfers the other amounts, e.g. 985.45, but not 985.00. Also, I have to physically type a dollar sign before the the field in order for it to show up. When we were working with office '97 we were doing fine. Please help, Ann After you select your Excel file as a data source, you should see a 'Confirm Data Source' dialog box. From that list, ch...

Two problems, Conditional Formatting and Printing a record
I know these are two seperate problems, but I got them to work and I don't understand how. First: I have 6 fields that are conditionally formatted to be bold/red bg/yellow font if a corrosponding check box is ticked. It is coded: EXPRESSION IS [HP].Value=-1 Where HP is the Checkbox It doesn't work.....sort of. Second: I have a macro that print previews a report based on the ID (primary key) of the currecnt record (to be printed). When the button is clicked, a pop up appears asking for the ID (ID1). This is the macro coding: [ID1]=[Forms]![App 1]![ID1...

Hide Y axis
Dear all there is anyway that i can make a chart to have the y axis but for presantation reason i want to make y axis not to appear, or make it white. If it's not cal i hide the values of Y axis, either disappear them or change the colour in order not to print? Thanks in advance Manos Right-click on the Y axis, and choose Format Axis On the Patterns tab, set all the options to None, click OK Manos wrote: > Dear all > there is anyway that i can make a chart to have the y axis > but for presantation reason i want to make y axis not to > appear, or make it white. If it&#...

Automatic DL of transactions in wrong currency!
Hi, I usually download my transactions from my bank from the bank's website. However, lately, MS Money seems to have been going out and downloading the transactions itself, which is the first strange thing. Also when the transactions are downloaded, they show up in my account details page in US currency (all the transactions in fact should be in Canadian currency). Q.) How can I stop this automatic downloading? I can't find it anywhere in the options. Thanks to anyone who can help, Melanie ...

Excel 2003 changes format of earlier charts
Upon opening a chart in Excel 2003 (that was made in Excel 2000) the formatting of the charts is lost. I have a data series and I've deleted the line between two points. In Excel 2003 that line comes back, which I don't want, and I can't seem to be able to delete in 2003 without it changing the points around. Any suggestions ...

Font size changing automatically
Hi, I have a user who is having an issue with the font size changing automatically as she enters data in Excel and Word. I have found articles that show the Word hotkeys Shift+Ctrl+ > or < to increase/decrease font, but have found nothing about Excel. Does anyone know of a hotkey that would do that in Excel? I'm trying to narrow this down, and certainly would believe user error, but even Shft+Ctrl+> or < is a hard one to swallow, (since you don't need Shift to type a period or comma). Has anyone else heard of this problem? Thanks for any suggestions. We ...

formula to count formatted result value
In column A enter the date and in B a formula copies A1 reformated as day (dddd). How can I count the results of colums "B" (number of times each day appears)? Col A Col B 1/1/10 9:13 PM Friday 1/3/10 3:25 PM Sunday =SUMPRODUCT(--(WEEKDAY(B$1:B$100)=ROW(A1)),--(B$1:B$100<>"")) and copy down through rows 1 to 7, will show the count for each day from Sunday to Saturday. -- David Biddulph "WD" <WD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:61D6B8CB-C358-4B1E-AB39-36F190CFD27E@microsoft.com... > In c...

data labels formatting is changing all by itself
I have a spreadsheet with many charts with data labels that should be formatted as percentages.. now, I open it up and the format has reverted to general, and the decimals like .25 are displayed. This happened yesterday too, so I went and changed them all back to percentage. Now I open the spreadsheet, and some of them are back to 'general'. Any ideas what's going on? Nevermind! Sorry. ...

Custom X-axis Labels
What would the cell formula be to make these x-axis labels? I want only to change the date in the first cell and have the next five dates be one week later. I presume it is an append (&) but can’t figure it out: Cell D4 Cell E4 Cell G4 = “Reported” & 9/13/05 =”Reported” & D4+7 …. =”Projected” & F4+7 etc The x-axis column labels would look like this: Reported Reported Reported Projected Projected Projected 13 Sep 05 20 Sep 05 27 Sep 05 4 Oct 05 11 Oct 05 18 Oct 05 Ph...

How does excel automatically covert cells when a different number.
What is your question? Please type in the body of your message, not the subject "talil" wrote: > ...

Automaticly importing data
Hello again, Here is my latest problem. I am importing data from another database into Access. As of right now i have 3 linked tables and an "Make Table Query" that i would like to run everytime Access starts to update a table with any new information that has been added into my linked tables. Does anyone know how i can do this, or if it is even possible? If its not pushing it is there anyway i can get Access to update my table every 15-20 minutes? Once again thanks in advance for your help! IF you need any clarification i check this all the time so i'll get back to you ...

Automatic Axis Titles in Excel 2007
Hello there, I need to make charts in excel 2007, nothing that fancy. If I have 2 columns of data...with the first row being the Axis Titles, How do I make it so that the rows automatically become the axis titles. But even before that, is there a way to make a Scatter plot, with axis titles shown to be my default chart type? I know this kind of highlighting and "charting" used to exist...why all the run around now? I know, this seems rediculously simple. but it seems to be so simple that 2007 has completely overlooked it. Where did the wizard go?../sigh Excel doesn'...

problem with adding column, formatting
I saved a workbook in quatro pro 8 to excel format and then opened it in excel (ms office 2000). some of the columns will not permit reformatting - changing the date format or changing from currency to accountant number format. I can not add blank columns between columns containing data. A window pops up indicating that Excel will not insert a column as I will lose data. I have attempted to follow instructions in the documentation and in the help screen but can not insert blank columns. In the transfer process does excel end up with locked column and row structure and/or formatting of so...

Sport Times Formats (elapsed time)
Does anyone have the definitive word on how to handle elapsed time? I need to track and manipulate swimtimes in Excel. Excel gets SO confused, and converts the times into various items. I can't believe that after 10yrs of using Excel, this ability is either missing or so hard to use. Please enlighten me! Thanks, Tom M. Tom, As you refer to swimtimes, I assume you want 1/100th of a sec. All you need to do is format the cells, including the result cell, as hh:mm:ss.00 and just subtract the end time from the start time. As Excel stores time as a fraction of 1 day, it is straightforw...