Automatic axis format

Hi,
I'm need to make a automatic axis format within excel.
The number of rows is depending of a imported file.
No problem to get the max. number of rows.
But to put this number into the chart ( category axis) is more problematic.
I try VB but my knowledge is at dummy level !
Waiting for your reply.............
0
jos (3)

Hi,

Have a look at Jon's examples of dynamic charts.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Format Cells #9
Is there any way to prevent text from extending into adjacent blank cells? (as the default setting) Hi use 'Format - Cells - alignment' and check 'word wrap' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "KPK" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:130ec01c4434e$26cd8610$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Is there any way to prevent text from extending into > adjacent blank cells? (as the default setting) We actually do not want the text to wrap, we just want it to truncate. Thanks, Kieran >-----Original Message----- >Hi >use &#...

Conditional formatting in text boxes
I have textboxes on a userform. The text boxes read (and write) to cells A1:A60 Adjacent to these cells I have a comments column which is filled in for particular rows Depending on whether the adjacent cell in column B has an entry, is there a way to make the textboxes change their font attributes? For example, become BOLD when there is a comment. Can anyone help? You should have posted your code..Within your loop add a line something like the below.. Dim intCount as Integer For intCount = 1 To 60 Me.Controls("Textbox" & intCount).Font.Bold = _ No...

Comment formatting
How do I set the default format for comments? See this page for all info about comments http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments01.html Maybe ? http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments02.html#Default -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "TonyL" <TonyL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C2F9F095-CF0F-4A03-83CE-B01F934E4826@microsoft.com... > How do I set the default format for comments? Thanks Ron that was easy!!! "Ron de Bruin" wrote: > See this page for all info about comments > http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments01.html &...

Automatic CC

Automatic axis format

Conditional Formatting #43
Looks easy doesn't it? Hah! Any instructions as to how I can do the following: Column M cells are already formatted to show the date as (in the cas of M2 for example) =A2+28 (so, 28 days after the date that is entere into A2). I want the date that is calculated & shown in M2 to turn re 7 days before that date. If the date in A2 is 01/06/04 then M2 wil read 29/06/04 but I want it to turn red on 22/06/04 (I use dd/mm/yy a I'm in Europe) and then I want it to turn bold red two days before th date - in this example 27/06/04. I also need a similar effect to make the date generated in co...

Mail format problems Exchange 2003
I am running OL2002 on Win XP Pro on both a desktop and laptop in a large network. The network was recently converted from NT Server to Exchange Server 2003. At that time, all of my mail began being converted from plain text to html. This appears to be only on both machines accessing my account, not on other accounts in the network. If I send a message in plain text mode, it is received by others as plain text, but converted to html in my Sent folder. Plain text sent to me is converted to html upon receipt. Since this happens on both machines, I think it is something to do with the serve...

Column format to override row fomat in FrX
In FrX the row format overrides the column format for font styles eg. bold etc. it would be useful if it was possible to have the option for the column format to override the row fomat ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesss...

Loss of formatting when saved as .xls file
I have created a document in Excel 2007 with some normal cell formatting, such as bold text, merge & center, and border lines. When checked for compatibility no errors or messages appear. When the file is saved as an .xls file, closed, then opened again all of the formatting is completely gone and all that is left is text. I had this problem with another file but it was fixable becuase it did show compatibility issues that could be fixed. Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated. ...

Automatic Forward
How can I automatically forward messages received from a specific sender to another's e-mail person? Thanks, ...

CE6: How to Disable SIP popup automatically
Hi, I know SIP popup can be disabled by the following registry setting in CE5: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sip] "TurnOffAutoDeploy"=dword:1 But It doesn't work in CE6. How to disable SIP auto-Popup in CE6? Thanks. Eric The SIP Auto Deploy in CE is due to Windows Controls invoke SHSipPreference (exported by AYGSHELL.DLL). So the easiest way is to avoid including AGYSHELL (SYSGEN_AYGSHELL) But if excluding AYGSHELL is not an option, you may need to modify the SHSipPreference (PRIVATE\SHELL\SHELLPSL\HAVEAYGSHELL\shellpsl.cpp) to supress SIP s...

Automatic Database Backup
Is it possible to right code to automatically backup a database? And if so how, or where, can I get information on this? Hi There are a few way to do this. I have windows scheuler doing this on all my databases (at 1 min past midnight each day). Open Scheduled Tasks (it's in the control panel). It's very simple and not likely to go wrong -- Wayne Manchester, England. "Ayo" wrote: > Is it possible to right code to automatically backup a database? And if so > how, or where, can I get information on this? Thanks Wayne. So I take it that, there is no way t...

Automatically format charts with range of dates
What I am trying to do is I have 4 charts that are linked with data from another spreadsheet. They are basically week totals for my business and make a chart compared to say last year. What I want to do though is have an option on my report that I can enter in a specific date or a range of dates and have the charts automatically filter the new data in and change. Instead of having to go into the chart data and changing what series of data I want to have a chart for I want to be able to just enter eg. "April 12-April 18" and have the charts bring up that data to reflect the ...

excel chart to tiff or eps format
Hello, I have created several detailed charts in excel for a paper that I am sending to a journal. The journal requires that my files have eps or tiff extensions. How do I convert the excel chart into tiff or eps? I have tried to 'print' to tiff with microsoft office document image writer , but the quality of the chart is too low. I also tried to copy and paste the graph into paint shop pro and to save it as .eps , but agai the quality is too low. Any other suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks. Raoul In VBA you can use ActiveChart.Export "C:\test\MyChart.tif"...

automatic output from known data
i have 2 spreadsheets of data: 1=english, 2=metric each spreadsheet has 3 columns, with the first column being an ID #. on my output spreadsheet i have 4 blanks. in blank 1 i enter a "1" or "2" for english/metric in blank 2 i enter the ID # i want blanks 3 and 4 to automatically be filled with the other tw numbers from the id#'s row. DATA WORKSHEETS english 1 123.8 9.8 2 122.7 10.3 ... metric 1 1983 9.8 2 1965 10.3 ... OUTPUT WORKSHEET blank 1 = english <----- manual blank 2 = 1 <----- manual blank 3 = 123.8 <---- automatic blank 4 = 9.8 <---- automati ...

Insert date automatically
I have a column with values such as: 3/25 3/24 3/29 3/21 3/21 3/21 And wish to automatically add todays date if the value of the cell is blank in the mm/dd format. I have used an =If(Column:Column="",TODAY()) in a column next to it and formatted it in mm/dd to get the desired result. But how can I take this value (todays date) and insert it back into the original column automatically and without changing the other valuse? As always thank you! Rick Hi, Rick: Here's one way. Step 1 is to make a backup of your original file so you have a fallback in case something goes ...

Simple x-axis question
I have an xy scatter plot with the x-axis numbers as percentage. How ca I remove the percentage sign next to each number in the x-axis since th sign is already defined in the axis title? I tried to change the format of the number, I selected general an multiplied the coulmn by 100 but it did not work.... Can you pleas help???! Thanks in advance... -- balmali ----------------------------------------------------------------------- balmalik's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3651 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=56...