Auto-exclusion of data labels for zero values

Hi guys,

xl97 question.

Is there a way to have data labels enabled** for all points plotted
but with the labels automatically *excluded* for any zero values ?
The exclusion is desired for aesthetic reasons.

**e.g.: via Data Labels > Show value in say, Format Data Series dialog

I find that these "zero" values showing on say, a column chart, have to be
individually selected and removed on each series in a chart, a pretty
tedious task.

The values plotted are derived through formula and there would always be
a couple of points here and there evaluating to zero values from
time-to-time.

I've tried a couple of google searches for past queries / suggestions on
this issue
but was not successful.

Thanks.

--
Rgds
Max

0
demechanik (4694)

Hi
have a look at the following example (for pie charts)
http://andypope.info/charts/piezeros.htm

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Max wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> xl97 question.
>
> Is there a way to have data labels enabled** for all points plotted
> but with the labels automatically *excluded* for any zero values ?
> The exclusion is desired for aesthetic reasons.
>
> **e.g.: via Data Labels > Show value in say, Format Data Series
dialog

> I find that these "zero" values showing on say, a column chart, have
> to be individually selected and removed on each series in a chart, a
> pretty tedious task.
>
> The values plotted are derived through formula and there would always
> be a couple of points here and there evaluating to zero values from
> time-to-time.
>
> I've tried a couple of google searches for past queries / suggestions
> on this issue
> but was not successful.
>
> Thanks.

0
frank.kabel (11126)
2/24/2004 9:35:20 AM
Thanks for the lead, Frank!
[and thanks to Andy, too]
Yes, the example given does help.
--
Rgds
Max
> Hi
> have a look at the following example (for pie charts)
> http://andypope.info/charts/piezeros.htm
>

> --
> Regards
> Frank Kabel
> Frankfurt, Germany
>
> Max wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > xl97 question.
> >
> > Is there a way to have data labels enabled** for all points plotted
> > but with the labels automatically *excluded* for any zero values ?
> > The exclusion is desired for aesthetic reasons.
> >
> > **e.g.: via Data Labels > Show value in say, Format Data Series
> dialog
> >
> > I find that these "zero" values showing on say, a column chart, have
> > to be individually selected and removed on each series in a chart, a
> > pretty tedious task.
> >
> > The values plotted are derived through formula and there would always
> > be a couple of points here and there evaluating to zero values from
> > time-to-time.
> >
> > I've tried a couple of google searches for past queries / suggestions
> > on this issue
> > but was not successful.
> >
> > Thanks.

0
demechanik (4694)

Difference between two date/time values
Hi, Cell A1 has 21-04-10 07:00 PM Cell A2 has 06-06-10 07:52 AM (the dates are in the dd-mm-yy format) Cell A3 has the formula =A2-A1 for showing the differences in days and time and is formatted with the custom format: dd h:mm:ss The display in cell A3 is 14 12:52:00. While the difference in hours is okay, the difference in days should be more than 14 as there is are 31 days of May between the two dates. Is there another format to show the correct difference in days or should be done some other way? Please help. Thanks in advance. Regards, Raj Do you really need ...

Populate a cell if values in cell 1 and cell 2 match cell 3 and 4
I need help with a formula please. I need to search through a column of data and populate a cell if it meets a condition. For example: IF FirstWorksheet!A2 = SecondWorksheet!ColumnAx and FirstWorksheet!B2 = SecondWorksheet!ColumnBx Then populate SecondWorksheet!Cx with value from FirstWorksheet!C2 I have to match up a column of data in one worksheet with data in 2 columns in another worksheet. Help plz. Thanks T- A multi-criteria index n match (array-entered) should work here In Sheet2, Copy n paste this into C2's formula bar, then array-enter the formula by pressing CTRL+...

Auto Filter problem

How to copy specific columns until end of data
I'm trying to import data from 2 workbooks into a summary (combination) workbook. The trouble I'm having, is I want to import only certain columns and have excel know to stop at the last row with data. For example, from Workbook1 I want to import columns A, B, C, F, and G (from Sheet2). I want it to copy up to the last row containing any data--right now that's row 1046, but next month it could be row 1267. In workbook2 I'm fine with it copying the CurrentRegion--all columns are important. BUT, it doesn't include the title/category heads in the first row (Salesperson, ...

showing data values on chart
in excel when mouse stand on chart,excel is showing the data values of that point.how can to do this action in access? Exactly the same. When you hover the mouse over a data point for a little amount of time, a yellow bow should come up describing what's in your data point. -- Regards, Steve "afshin" wrote: > in excel when mouse stand on chart,excel is showing the data values of that > point.how can to do this action in access? Where you insert chart?i insert chart on report,and i can't to see data value on data point. "Steve"...

Not plot zero on line chart without using NA?
Is there any way to have a line chart ignore the zeros other than manipulate the formula to show NA? If there were, would we settle for using NA()? We've been asking for something better for several versions of Excel. There are two options: use NA() in the formula, or delete the formula altogether. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltiertech.com/ Homer wrote: > Is there any way to have a line chart ignore the zeros other than manipulate > the formula to show NA? > > That's what I thought, but I figured I'd take a shot at ...

Auto-Editing

Calculation of weather data help
Hi, I have a data file (at http://www.weatherweb.net/cliall.dat) which contains daily weather data from 1881 in the format: dd,mm,yy,max temp,min temp, rainfall, sunshine, wind speed, wind gust, pressure What I would like to do is to calculate means for max, min, wind speed, wind gust and pressure, and also total rainfall and sunshine for each month. I would like the output in the format: mm,yy,mean meax, mean min, total rain, total sunshine, mean wind, mean wind gust, mean pressure Can anyone give any assistance as to how I might do this in excel to create a sngle file contain all th...

Auto-Calculate

Set minimum values for equation results
Hi all, I've been searching the queries here and can't find an answer to what I'm hoping is a simple query . . . I want my equation to ensure that any minus values are returned as 0 but positive values should remain true. THis needs to be within the original equation as opposed to a separate equation doing a find and replace. Appreciate any answers (preferably by e-mail!). Jim. Try using IF(), for example: Put in C1: =IF((A1-B1)<0,0,A1-B1) which will return 0 if (A1-B1) results in a minus value with zero & positive values remaining true Hope the above helps. M...

auto copy self

Access 1.1 Data Base Migration to Access 2002
I have an older IBM Activa running Access 1.1 under Win 95, with a single 10 columns x 950 records table. I also have a new Dell running XP and XP Professional. There is no physical connection between the two PCs. I am told by Microsoft Support that only Access 97 (release 8.0), and later, are suported by Access 2002. I really do not want to retype all that data for this wine cellar inventory! If I could get a copy of the Access 97 upgrade CD, I could upgrade the old 1.1 to 8.0, and then migrate the file to Access 2002 on the Dell. I would then kill the old Access, return the C...

Auto correct or Auto complete

get exisitng contacts data onto new computer
I am setting up a new computer and need to know how to take the outlook database from others in the office to place the existing data onto my station, peer to peer, no server in office. thanks for the info. You did not post your Outlook version. Use these instructions to migrate Outlook data on current versions. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010771141033.aspx -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Outlook Rookie" <Outlook Rookie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9944845A-1D57-4749-8217-332379E7322F@microsoft.com... >I am setting up a new compu...

data missing in charts original file 97-2003 opened 2007 and then.
I have a file that is created in 97-2003, after it is opened in excel 2007 and then saved back to 97-2003 version when it is reopened the charts that are included are not showing any of the text data or information that was added to the charts. Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it other than manually updating the charts. Did you add the information with XL2007? If so maybe you used components that are available only in that version. Did you get a warning that saving in the older format will lead to loss of information? If you don't remember you may want to go thr...

Access denied when attempting to transfer .pst data!!
I am in the process of transferring my .pst data from my old computer (Windows Vista) which is on my external hard drive to my new computer (Windows 7) and I am using Outlook 2007 on both computers In Outlook, when I go to import the data using the wizard, I receive a message that says that "access is denied". I have used help and it advises me to show hidden folders & files which is already set up to do that, but nothing changes. I am already using Outlook on my new computer and I have also tried to copy & paste the data into the same folder on my new comp...

Conversion of Data in Tables
Trying to do some data mapping of user information from our old system to our new one. Structure: 1 Main Tables (old system) - UserFunctionLocation (Contains 3 fields: UserID; Function; Location) 2 Conversion Tables - ConversionFunct (Contains 2 fields: OldFunction; New Function) - ConversionLocation (Contains 2 fields: OldLocation; New Location) Need a query that converts entries within Table 1 (Function and Location fields) to be as per the Conversion table fields. I can do this when it's just one on one mapping by linking the tables, however this will mean that if there's no c...

Multi-User Access to Data in Outlook
In the office where I work, we manually track data that comes in via fax and email on a hand-written log. Does anybody know how to place that log into MS Outlook so that everyone in the office can access the data. Currently, if a client calls for the status on a particular file, who ever answers the call must track down the log book. If the information was somehow available in Outlook, then all they would have to do was open the folder and check the status. Any ideas? Wolfman566 <Wolfman566@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > In the office where I work, we manually track data t...

How to generate a string with values from a range?
I ahve a little macro that is passed a range. It does some work on the individual values. I have written a subroutine that writes debug data to a side file. I would like to dump the values in the input range to the side file as a delimited string. If it was an array variable, I could use the Join function. I have tried various combinations, but nothing works. Can someone show me a single line of code that will generate a single string from a range variable? I know I can do it with a loop, but I'd prefer a single statement (perhaps using Join) is possible. Single line of exis...

Extracting data from workbooks. Help.
hello I have a situation where there are several workbooks, of variable name, contained within a folder on my hard drive. I have a master workbook in a folder higher up the same directory tree that I want to use to gather information from the other workbooks of variable names. The cell, A1, that I am interested in is on sheet "OnCall" in each of the workbooks of variable name. Is there any way that I can open the master workbook and then automatically extract the data from cell A1 in each of the other variable name workbooks? I hope that as clearer than mud? hopefully Tom Here&...

OWA auto login

Auto look through subfolders

Count number of lines of text in a range/value.
To start, 1) Add a form w/ a textbox to your VBA project. 2) Set the textbox's AUTOSIZE property to False. 3) Set the textbox's MULTILINE property to False. In your code... 4) Call on the Form's SHOW method (modal or modeless is irrelevant). 5) Set the textbox's TEXT property to the (trimmed) value you are working with. 6) Set the textbox's AUTOSIZE property to True. 7) Set the textbox's MULTILINE property to True. 8) Save/get the textbox's LINECOUNT property. 9) Call on the form's HIDE method. btw, I assume no responsibility for the code. Use it at your own...

question about data from excel to work
I am trying to take input from an excel sheet and mailmerge it to word....the thing is I want to make it so from here on out ..if I change something in the excel sheet it automatically updates on word as well..if not a mail merger what can I use ? -- Pooja Kamdar Hi Pooja Kamdar, You can link the Word document to the Excel workbook, so that any changes in the Excel workbook will be reflected in the Word document. To do this: 1. copy the source range in the Excel workbook 2. in the Word document, use Edit|Paste Special > Paste Link and choose the paste format you wan...