Auto date range updating in Charts

I would like to know how to write a formula that can be
typed into an excel chart's category labels box and series
values boxes to search for and update ranges to a specific
range, such as one year's worth of row entries. In this
way, each time a new date and set of entries are made into
the spreadsheet, the accompanying chart would update to
the new range (last date).

I have tried using named formulas to accomplish this, but
I have so many spreadsheet in the workbook, that this
becomes unwieldy.

thanks,
0
anonymous (74717)

Hi Dave,

> I have tried using named formulas to accomplish this, but
> I have so many spreadsheet in the workbook, that this
> becomes unwieldy.

That's the only way to do it, I'm afraid.  If you have Excel 2003 and
convert the data ranges to the new List areas, in which case any charts
based on the list will auto-update, but even then, you are *not* able
to specify 'Plot the last n items in the list'

Regards

Stephen Bullen
Microsoft MVP - Excel
www.BMSLtd.co.uk

Thanks. Not the news I was hoping for, but thanks.

0
anonymous (74717)

Auto Filter problem

Difference between two date/time values
Hi, Cell A1 has 21-04-10 07:00 PM Cell A2 has 06-06-10 07:52 AM (the dates are in the dd-mm-yy format) Cell A3 has the formula =A2-A1 for showing the differences in days and time and is formatted with the custom format: dd h:mm:ss The display in cell A3 is 14 12:52:00. While the difference in hours is okay, the difference in days should be more than 14 as there is are 31 days of May between the two dates. Is there another format to show the correct difference in days or should be done some other way? Please help. Thanks in advance. Regards, Raj Do you really need ...

Auto-Editing

todays date
Hi I have a cell that I want to know when something will be finished i.e. today()+30.which gives 02/07/04. This is ok until I open the spreadsheet tomorrow when I will get 03/07/04. How can I get the date 02/07/04 to remain every day or do I just enter the date manually? Thanks tricia Hi Tricia! You've noted that TODAY() is volatile and will change on recalculation if the date has changed. You might prefer entry using: Ctrl + ; -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Hi Tricia, You would need a macro. If you say you have a cell, you ar...

Exporting Excel Charts in Separate Tabs
I have an excel file with different charts on each tab. The Excel file has at least 20 tabs and I would like to export them into Word as a separate sheet per tab for a reference guide. Is there a way to export from excel without having to cut and paste each tab? I am using MS Office 2003. ...

Not plot zero on line chart without using NA?
Is there any way to have a line chart ignore the zeros other than manipulate the formula to show NA? If there were, would we settle for using NA()? We've been asking for something better for several versions of Excel. There are two options: use NA() in the formula, or delete the formula altogether. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltiertech.com/ Homer wrote: > Is there any way to have a line chart ignore the zeros other than manipulate > the formula to show NA? > > That's what I thought, but I figured I'd take a shot at ...

showing data values on chart
in excel when mouse stand on chart,excel is showing the data values of that point.how can to do this action in access? Exactly the same. When you hover the mouse over a data point for a little amount of time, a yellow bow should come up describing what's in your data point. -- Regards, Steve "afshin" wrote: > in excel when mouse stand on chart,excel is showing the data values of that > point.how can to do this action in access? Where you insert chart?i insert chart on report,and i can't to see data value on data point. "Steve"...

Todays Date in Template Parameter
Hi All I'd like to use a Template Parameter with SQL Server 2005 which inserts todays date. <parameter_name, data_type, default_value>. You guys know a way to achive this to get "default_value" to be filled with todays date? Thanks for any help. Martin martin (xxx@xxx.com) writes: > I'd like to use a Template Parameter with SQL Server 2005 which inserts > todays date. ><parameter_name, data_type, default_value>. > You guys know a way to achive this to get "default_value" to be filled > with todays date? The com...

Auto-Calculate

Date/Time criteria problem
I am trying to create a query that allows a user to select a specific date for which to show results. Following is sample SQL with a fixed criteria: SELECT qryShopJobsIO1.JOB_NO, qryShopJobsIO1.[TOTAL QUANTITY ORDERED], qryShopJobsIO1.[ENTRY DATE], qryShopJobsIO1.SumOfTotalHours FROM qryShopJobsIO1 WHERE (((qryShopJobsIO1.[ENTRY DATE])=#4/27/2010#)); This particular example returns no records. I know that I have records for which the ENTRY DATE field is 4/27/2010. I believe that the problem is that the default value of that field (in the table definition) is set to =Now() ...

Outlook 2007 Changed the Way Assigned Tasks are Updated?
We assign tasks. In OL 2003, when a task owner changes something in an assigned task, such as the due date, an email which updates the task is sent to the assignor. The assignor then has to double click the email which then changes the task in their folder to match the task in the asignee's folder. It appears that in OL 2007, it all works the same, EXCEPT, the updating email that comes into the assignor's inbox is processed automatically: the task is updated and the updating email dissappears. I like to see those update emails and double click on them to stay aware of changes. Doe...

Date Format turn to Year
Hi, I tried to convert the date to YEAR and then the year plus 25 Years later. =Year(A1) I'm getting the result 1900 instead of 1965. I tried to add 25 years later to 1990 from 1965. Your help would be much apprecated. Thanks What's in A1? Are you sure it's a real date? "learning_codes@hotmail.com" wrote: > > Hi, > > I tried to convert the date to YEAR and then the year plus 25 Years > later. > > =Year(A1) I'm getting the result 1900 instead of 1965. > > I tried to add 25 years later to 1990 from 1965. > > Your ...

Upgrade or update?
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC Hi, I've been trying to open a PowerPoint file sent to me but I get a message telling me to download an Office 2004 update 11.5.0 & 11.5.1 I have downloaded these but they won't update my applications. Is this because Office X is too old - do I need to "Upgrade" or "Update" what I have? Many thanks chrispy1 Hi chrispy1, you are most likely dealing with the new Office Open XML file format generated by a newer version of Office (2007 or 2008). Office 2004, if properly updated, can read ...

Chart Automatically Updating
I have set up a chart that automatically updates as new data is entered into the spreadsheet. The problem is....I would like to copy this worksheet so that there are 9 different worksheets (of this same set-up only with different names) in the same workbook. What is the correct way for me to make copies of worksheet, so that my chart in each worksheet still automatically updates based off of what is entered in that worksheet? The directions I used for setting up my original worksheet is located at http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/DynamicCharts.html Maybe this only works for on...

How can I hide tasks in a Gantt chart?
I only want to hide certain tasks - not all tasks at a given level On Thu, 28 May 2009 02:06:06 -0700, lberry <lberry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I only want to hide certain tasks - not all tasks at a given level Create a new layer called "Hidden" Open the drawing explorer window and go through all the shapes to find the ones for the appropriate task and assign these shapes to the hidden layen and remove them from the Gantt layer. Now make the Hidden layer non-visible. -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. Electronics for Visio http://www.electronics.sandr...

auto copy self

Subtracting Dates in Smartlist Builder
I am trying to substract the Requested Ship date from the Invoice Date in SOP thru a calculated field in Smartlist Builder. I have tried all field types available for the result and it does not work. This is GP 9.0. Any suggestions? If you just want the number of days between the two dates, define a calculated field using the following: datediff(day,InvoiceDate,RequestedDate). Note that the formula will subtract the first parameter date from the second one, so in the above example if the InvoiceDate is less than the RequestedDate you'll get a positive number; otherwise, you'll ...

Auto correct or Auto complete

OWA auto login

Problem with Update Trigger
SQL2008 I have two databases, both with identical tables ( apart from TableNames ). I have tried putting an update trigger on DB1.tbCBMOAccount to update the field country on DB2.tbBOSS_OAccount with the updated value from DB1.tbCBMOAccount ALTER TRIGGER [dbo].[trig_UpdateOriginatongAccounts] ON [DB1].[dbo].[tbCBMOAccount] AFTER UPDATE AS BEGIN Declare @OAccountID UniqueIdentifier Declare @Country varchar(32) Select @OAccountID = OAccountID , @Country = Country From Inserted IF UPDATE(Country) BEGIN UPDATE DB2.dbo.tbBOSS_OAccount SET Country = @Country ...

How to generate a string with values from a range?
I ahve a little macro that is passed a range. It does some work on the individual values. I have written a subroutine that writes debug data to a side file. I would like to dump the values in the input range to the side file as a delimited string. If it was an array variable, I could use the Join function. I have tried various combinations, but nothing works. Can someone show me a single line of code that will generate a single string from a range variable? I know I can do it with a loop, but I'd prefer a single statement (perhaps using Join) is possible. Single line of exis...

Count number of lines of text in a range/value.
To start, 1) Add a form w/ a textbox to your VBA project. 2) Set the textbox's AUTOSIZE property to False. 3) Set the textbox's MULTILINE property to False. In your code... 4) Call on the Form's SHOW method (modal or modeless is irrelevant). 5) Set the textbox's TEXT property to the (trimmed) value you are working with. 6) Set the textbox's AUTOSIZE property to True. 7) Set the textbox's MULTILINE property to True. 8) Save/get the textbox's LINECOUNT property. 9) Call on the form's HIDE method. btw, I assume no responsibility for the code. Use it at your own...

Auto look through subfolders

How to save contents of cell range in an array?
In a VBA subroutine, how can one, for example, save the contents (numbers) of the range A1:L12 in the array x(12,12)? And how does one declare x()? Thanks in advance. John Uebersax dim x as variant x = Activesheet.Range("A1:L12").value Tim "John Uebersax" <jsuebersax@gmail.com> wrote in message news:8ef21027-a145-4022-8940-843b4cf2c943@j9g2000prh.googlegroups.com... > In a VBA subroutine, how can one, for example, save the contents > (numbers) of the range A1:L12 in the array x(12,12)? > > And how does one declare x()? > > ...