Area chart Disappears

Hi,

i've a created graph with a combination of Line Chart & Area Chart.
Everything is fine, but when I post it in my company's intranet server and
somebody tries to open it, the Area Chart simply disappears and they only see
the Line chart in that graph!! I tried to open from several different
computers but still the same.  As I mentioned, if I open it from my computer
it works fine.

HELP !
0
Asu (3)

If you are using a PDF program to post the charts, check to make sur
your title bars aren't even close to the chart area. There has to b
space between them.

Hope this helps

--
TylerDurde
TylerDurden's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1763

Stacked area and area chart combo
Is it possible to create a stacked area and area combo chart. I have 2 series that need to be stacked and one that needs to be just area. If I change the one, it changes all. Hi, Move the series that is not to be stacked on to the secondary axis. Double click series and check secondary on the axis tab. You may have to play with the scale values in order to stop the single area masking the stacked areas. Unless of course that is what you want to do. Cheers Andy scott.r.schumacher@boeing.com wrote: > Is it possible to create a stacked area and area combo chart. I have 2 > series th...

Print area query
Hi I am trying to print a page, the top margin is .18 and header 0, the bottom margin is o & footer zero but when i give print in paper the bottom margin is left more than top margin, i want to push bottom a little more but when i do, the content moves to next page, any solution for this? -- Life isa journey not a destination The problem is how close to the buttom your printer can print. Do not expect that you can print as close to the bottom as to the top of the paper. Regards, Per "Sherees" <Sherees@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelelsen n...

Pareto chart #3
Hi... how to create pareto chart? Is it easy? It even hasnt be in excel, any free software? On Feb 6, 12:13 am, sekre...@gmail.com wrote: > Hi... > how to create pareto chart? Is it easy? > It even hasnt be in excel, any free software? Hi, please check online charts generator on www.qtcharts.com . there is also pareto generator gl stovar To make a pareto chart, sort your data in descending order of the numerical value (counts, instances, whatever), then make a column chart. If you want the line showing cumulative amounts, in the next column use a formula to construct a running s...

Area under the line or area in area graphs
Is there any way I can get Excel to figure out the area under the line in my graph for volume calculations? What about on an area graph? Hi mambeault, Have a look at Bernard's page, it should help. http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/AreaUnderCurve.htm mambeault wrote: > Is there any way I can get Excel to figure out the area under the line in my graph for volume calculations? What about on an area graph? -- Cheers Andy http://www.andypope.info ...

Chart Show / Hide Values
I have a bar graph with 5 years of data; however, I would like to show the values for only the last two years. It there a way to do this? Thanks. Michelle Right-click on one of the series for which you'd like labels Choose Format Data Series Select the Data Labels tab Add a check mark to Value, click OK Click on the other series that should have labels Press the F4 key on the keyboard, to repeat the previous formatting Michelle wrote: > I have a bar graph with 5 years of data; however, I would > like to show the values for only the last two years. -- Debra Dalgleish Excel...

Change the line of a chart.
The column values of the line chart are placed in the middle of the rows. How can I change the position of the line in the chart. I want a currency value (column) right above the row lines, but now they are placed in the middle of the rows. Thanks -- KinSjama ------------------------------------------------------------------------ KinSjama's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28392 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=480139 Using Gap width; hhmm why didnt it worked in the first place : -- KinSjam -------------...

Fill area beneath a scatter plot
Hi, I'm producing scatter plots showing elevation change along state park trails. It must be done on a scatter plot as the distances at which the data was taken are not uniform...unless someone has another method that I haven't thought of yet. I would like to fill the area beneath the plot to better represent a cross section of the trail. In time we may elect to code the fill area to represent soil types, geology, or surface firmness. How can I fill the area beneath a scatter plot?? Thx in advance, Jeff Have you tried the Area Plot instead of the scatter plot? "JZip&qu...

linked Excel charts don't match formatting in original
I have one spreadsheet in which I created charts linked to worksheets in the same file. These charts I have exported (i.e. copied into another file). When I open that other file without having the original file with the data open, the labels on the charts don't reflect the number formatting that was selected for them: .09 instead of 9%. Any help would be appreciated as I can't figure out how to fix this. For instance, is there a way to break the link to freeze a certain look of the charts? Thanks, Stefan. You could copy and paste the poicture rather than the link. If you...

Charts, Help!
Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I'm trying to set the font size for the axis ticklabels to 6 for every chart in the active sheet. Sub SetFontSizeAllCharts() Dim myCht As ChartObject For Each myCht In ActiveSheet.ChartObjects myCht.Chart.TickLabels.Font.Size = 6 Next End Sub I get errors! Help! --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi cdegar01, The problem is that you are not including the Axes object. Explanation extracted from the help file: expression.Axes(Type, AxisGroup) Type Optional Variant. Specifies the axis to return. Can be one of the follo...

How do I share User-Defined Custom Chart Types in Pivot Charts?
When I send file out to others, they can't see my user-defined chart that I modified and saved, and did a record macro to see each time data is changed. How can I share this? Excel Pivot Chart Question...... ...

adding a person above in the organization chart in SmartArt
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I am trying to customize the organization chart in SmartArt, but don't know how to add a person to the top of the hierarchy. <br> I am using Excel 2008 on my Mac OSX 10.5 MacBook. SmartArt ain't that smart :-) 1) Click in the SmartArt 2) The Text Pane should appear to the left 3) Add a paragraph with the name you want to the left of the top name and hit Enter. This will add a new shape. 4) The top paragraph will become the second paragraph, and the two shapes will be on the same level. 5) Click ...

Automatic Organization Charting
Hello Everyone, I work with an application that can create an organization chart of a company's reporting structure. With Visio 2002 the shapes are drawn then connected together (using the GlueTo method), but this would only work when Visio asked if the "Automatic Organization Charting" should be switched on. This happens when just before the chart is drawn. However Visio 2003 does not ask this question and the objects are not connected together. I can draw connecting lines (using the DrawLine method) and connect these to the parent and child shapes but they are...

Area
What is the large area beneath the folder banner called? Large Area? Seriously, if you want a real answer, post some details. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, pita1 asked: | What is the large area beneath the folder banner called? That was a question on a test I was taking. "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote: > Large Area? > > Seriously, if you want a real answer, post some details. &g...

How do I clear the formating of the area OUTSIDE my chart on my w.

Resize chart area without resizing plot area
Hi, With the help of your answers on my question of July 30 and some digging in excel4 I succeeded in making the inside of the plot area exactly a square with predefined dimensions. I made a function that finds the dimensions of a rectangle that encloses all elements in the plot including title, axes-titles and text boxes. Now I want the chart area to fit tightly around all the actual plot elements. But I do not succeed in resizing the chart area without resizing the plot. Is there some (hidden) feature that switches off autoresizing like there is one for the font? When I have a solu...

Chart
How do I make a chart where colors change with conditional format. Example: if the value exceeds 5000: green line if the value is less than 1000: red line Preferably without macro or VBA -- digicat ------------------------------------------------------------------------ digicat's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=14920 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=543941 Hi, No need for VBA code. You can create conditional charts by using additional data series. See these sites for further details. http://peltiertech.com...

Setting a pie chart segment to No Fill
Hi, I have a program that automatically sets the segments in a pie chart to the correct colour (set using RGB(c1,c2,c3)) see code below Charts("EPE Wheel").SeriesCollection(1).Points(pnt).Interior.Color = RGB(c1, c2, c3) However there is occasioanlly a black segment and i would like to set it to No fill instead of black. I can do all the If...then but what is the code to set a section to no fill? many thanks -- Lynxbci3 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Lynxbci3's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&useri...

I have a bar chart and i want to horizontaly align the datalabel
I have a bar chart and i want to horizontaly align the datalabels appearing at the top of my chart. I want them all to nicely align on top of the bars. Select a label by clicking the label twice, pausing briefly between each click. Then drag the label where you want it. -or- The free 'Chart Data Labels' Excel add-in will position labels as well as let you use text from worksheet cells as label captions. Download from ... http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware No registration required. -- Jim Cone San Francisco, USA "Charles" <Charles@discussions.microsoft...

Pivot Table Page Field Area Broken
We have a Pivot Table I put together over a year ago, which links to a MS Access database. It is used by a number of people, and recently its been behaving little strangely. I actively encourage the users of pivot tables to try to 'break' pivo tables, to encourage them to edxperiment with them and to use them t their full potential. WELL...it turns out someone may have actually managed to break one o my pivot tables. It appears the when a field item is dropped into the page field area it no longer allows the user to customise the items in the lis (multiple items). It allows the us...

Scratch area
I have a number of Publisher 2002 files with information in the scratch area. If the information is close to the side of the working area it prints on the working area. It didn't do this in Publisher 2000. The solution obviously is to move the scratch items further away but why should it happen? Another minor problem is when copy and pasting from Word XP to Publisher 2002 a space is inserted before the first word of the second and subsequent paragraphs. Anybody any ideas why? -- David Sykes After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from David Sykes &...

Charts in closed groups shrinking
Having a wierd problem with charts - pie charts specifically - I've included in collapsible groups in a spreadsheet I use to do analysis. Hoping someone here can help. Basically I'm finding that if I size a pie chart that's in a collapsible group (row group), collapse that group, save the XLS, then uncollapse the group the pie chart is approximately half its size. If I do it again the chart is half again its original size. Does anyone know what's going on? Is there a way to make sure Excel preserves set chart sizes? I can't find any setting around this, and its annoyi...

Linking Chart
Excel 2000 I have a chart that is created in book1.xls I would like an embedded object in book2.xls that is linked to the chart in book1.xls. in previous version of Excel I would copy the chart from book1.xls then goto book2.xls select Paste Special , then Microsoft Chart Object and put a check against paste as link, much like what can be done if pasting into word or powerpoint. The reason I want this in Book2.xls is that book2 will contain a report and I do not want the chart data in this workbook. I will create a macro in book2 to break the chart links and turn the chart into a picture. B...

Setting Prnt Areas & Page Breaks
Hi All, Here's the challenge: I have a master sheet of questions, with different subsets to be answered based upon the type of sale. The questions are interspersed. so there are not clean blocks for each type. I can control the questions being show using a code and a macro, which hides the non-relevant rows. Issue: I want to be able to cleanly print the various sets. Currently, when I have the page breaks set for the largest group, that group looks fine, but the other groups come out sometimes with just a few lines per page. I figure a macro and setting print area and inserting page bre...

How do I show range of data in an area chart?
I am trying to show various toxins across the bottom of a chart, and ranges (from 0.001 to 1,000,000) on the left-hand side...OR whatever will work. I have ppb-PID (0.01-1,000), IR (0.50-1,500), Electrochem (0.1-1,005), ppm-PID (0.1-10,000), FID (0.75-50,000), Tubes (1-150,000), LEL (1.5-100,000), Oxygen (1,000-150,000), and TC (10,000-1,000,000) and can't seem to find anyway to portray CORRECTLY what I want to show. Thought perhaps a bar graph, then thought probably an area chart would work--but I can't figure out how to enter the ranges, since they're all different and d...

Can I remove Calendar Help-area... Please?
In Outlook 2007, I have an area in the navigation pane below 'My Calendars', which displays 4 or 5 hyperlinks. They say: "How to Share Calendars", "Search Calendars Online" "Send a Calendar via E-mail..." "Publish My Calendar..." "Add New Group" I don't want this hyperlink area, how can I switch it off or minimise it? I would love to use this space for other more useful things. We've been trying to remve it for ages and I'd be very grateful for any help. Thanks Michelle & Sara Sorry, those links can't be...