Apply Two Fill Colours Between Lines in a Chart

I am trying to produce a graph that tracks an actual performance against a
target.  When the actual performance is below the target, the area between
them needs to be filled red.  When the actual performance is above the
target, the area between them needs to be filled green.

I have followed the steps detailed in the TechTrax Article on "Apply Fill
Color Between Lines in a Chart"
(http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=590).

This produced what I required except for the correct colouring.

Is this possible?

0
rja0 (1)

Hi

It should be possible you just need to use extra series to provide the
different colours. See this example.
http://www.andypope.info/ngs/ng21.htm

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

compare two cells with non-numeric data
I need to compare two cells (A1 vs B1) that contain letter grades (that is, A, A-, B+, B, B-, etc.) I need to show if one cell (B1) has a higher grade than the cell to which it is being compared to (A1), is the same or has a lower grade. If this were the comparison of number data, then no problem. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks One thing you could do is to allocate a nominal value to each grade. For example, set up a column somewhere, eg in X1:X10 like this: A A- B+ B B- C+ C C- D E I don't know what grades you are actually using, but I'm sure you can see the idea of list...

Chart wizard funcitonality in Excel 2007?
I hope I'm missing something in Excel 2007. In Excel 2003, the chart wizard gives you access to lots of options when you create a graph--graph type, data range, the various series (including the X axis labels), the chart title and axis titles, gridlines, legends, and others. It doesn't take long to create the graph with most of the options you want and then tweak it pretty quickly. In Excel 2007, it seems that every option is a separate button/menu/choice. Setting the chart title, the x-axis title, and the y-axis title are three different operations. Ditto for pretty much everyt...

listview ...setting grid lines
hi all if I set the extended style as list.SetExtendedStyle(LVS_EX_GRIDLINES) then it Displays gridlines around items and subitems. but the problem is even though i have 2 or 3 rows then also it shows gridlines more than 2or 3( here 2 and 3 are number of rows) , that is grid lines are there in full client area. how can i set these to only the number of rows present. sorry for my english with regards Harish "Harish" <harish.k at sify.com> wrote in message news:OjJ2WYv9DHA.1648@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > hi all > if I set the extended style as > list.SetExtende...

Automatic name fills in when typing email address
I have Outlook 2000, how do you set it up so that when you start typing a persons name in the To: section of an email, Outlook list the names that match, so that you can just press the enter key to list their entire email name. ...

Changing Fill color choices
I have looked at past questions for fill color but I cannot make it work. I want to change one of the fill color choices permanently. I make the change ; save the file ; close the file ; and when I reopen the file the color has been reset to what it was before I changed it. How do I change it permanently. Thank you, Steven From what you posted it sounds like you are doing the right things. Where are you selecting your Fill color? Any other specifics - All files or just one? Version, other problems possibly related, etc. If there are known issues I'm sure you will be informed ...

Sync Outlook with two computers
I need to sync all the stuff I have in Outlook on my desktop with Outlook on my laptop. Everything except the emails. That's not important. Calendar, Contacts, Notes, etc. is mainly what I need the most. I've tried but I can't do that. How do I do that? I usually need to do this at least once a week. Thanks J Take a look here, it may help: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious ...

serialize a two dimensional array
I need to serialize a two dimensional array. The compiler says that there is no override operator for that type. Can someone advise please? Regards Galia What class is the array? What kind of serialization? Mark -- Mark Salsbery Microsoft MVP - Visual C++ "MArk" <mark@giron.com> wrote in message news:e$j%23K%230CIHA.4836@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I need to serialize a two dimensional array. The compiler says that there >is > no override operator for that type. > Can someone advise please? > > Regards > > Galia > > Thanks, Please re...

Datagrid Colour
Hi, I am using VC++ 6.0. I have a Datagrid control (Version 6.0 OLEDB) in my application. It is easy enough to change the foreground and background colour of the cells but i am having trouble changing the colour of the rest of the control i.e. column headers and background of the control. I'd appreciate any help with this, Regards Macca ...

Yes
Working in Excel, I am looking for help using fill-in boxes. I am creating a form. Setting up a cell or a bunch of cells merged where you can enter a question. Then that question can be answered with a filled-in by clicking in a "Yes", or "No" box. Then a "check mark" appears if their is not one, or, disappears if their is a "check mark" already present. Or, in the case of multiple responses as noted below. With the use of a conditional fill-in like box, you can enter a check-mark. [ ] Yes (or) [ ] No The boxes indicated are shade...

Two Input Data Tables in Excel
I have tried to set up a two input data table just as it was described, but the numbers in the table always come out the same as the cornerstone cell. I noticed the table works correctly in older versions of Excel but does not in Excel 2003. I do not see how the process has changed but either it has or I am doing it wrong. What is the deal? Hi Tango works fine for me in Excel 2003 - are you sure calculation is set to automatic, tools / options / calculation ? -- Cheers JulieD check out www.hcts.net.au/tipsandtricks.htm ....well i'm working on it anyway "tango" <t...

vlookup & combo box charts
Hi. My question may be difficult to explain, but here i go. I have a large set of data which I analyze each week. I have created a vlookup function to query weeknum & year which presents my data in a nice table format. I then created a combo box with a "list" of all the colum names of data and "tied in" the drop down line number into my vlookup function. I can now use my drop down list to toggle through my data nicely. Here is my problem. I have a chart which is driven off the data from the vlookup function. As i toggle through my data with my combo box the char...

Apply view to all folders
Greetings, A user has numerous folders created under her Inbox in Outlook 2000. She woule like to create a custom view and then apply it to all folders automatically. I can create a custom view easily, but can't find a way to apply it to all folders other than on a one-by-one basis. Is there a way to apply the view to all folders at one time? Thanks much, Justin You can't apply it to all at once - unless you customize the Messages view. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Gu...

Fuzzy matching names in two columns
I'm trying to match user names from column A with user names from colum B. The matches will not be exact however, they will be "fuzzy". Column A contains user names inputted by the end users *shutter* Column B contains user names from a HR database. Problem is users do not input their names exactly as they appear in th HR database. For instance, users like to abreviate "thomas" to tom don't add their middle initial, and often times misspell their names. Does someone know of a function/macro that can perform the fuzzy match I tried DigDB but that didn't work...

Dates in chart
I have a chart that has data for Monday-Friday only of each week for 12 weeks. The dates are based upon a formula, so alternate every week showing a rolling 12 week chart. Unfortunately, the chart is showing 5 days with 2 days for the weekend being blank as there is never data at the weekends and so far attempts to rid the weekends, which are not in the original data at all, have proved futile. Can anyone suggest how to rid Saturday and Sunday from the chart? All help appreciated. Ellie Hi, You need to set the axis to be category rather than date. Right click chart and pick Chart O...

displaying stats on a chart
<mistakenly posted earlier in another forum, my apologies> I would like to display relevant descriptive statistics with labels i the top right hand corner of an XY chart. The chart is listin financial data (think stock prices over the last 10 years), and I wan to display the min, max, average, stdev, and last value. Thanks in advance, Jak -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Do you use Excel's descip. statistics generator from the Data analysis add-in tool? >-----Original Message----- ><mistakenly posted earlier in another forum, my apologies> > >...

How do I apply a combo box to multiple cells in Excel so that it .
I would like to apply a combo drop down box in Excel. However I only want the box to appear when the cursor is over the cell can anyone offer me some help on this matter? Thank you, Dwain Hi Dwain, Perhaps you are looking for Data Validation, available on the Data menu. See Debra Dalgleish's tutorial at: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html --- Regards, Norman "DB" <DB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6939ADC2-CF1C-46AA-B163-BEE27E23356A@microsoft.com... >I would like to apply a combo drop down box in Excel. However I only w...

Text box "print object" becomes unchecked within a Chart
First of all, I'm not sure if I should post this question in "Charts" or "General" or another topic, but I have a workbook that has been around for a few years. It used to print fine; now text boxes w/in charts are no longer printing. The solution is going into eachText Box properties and checking "Print Object". (Unfortuantely, there are many textboxes . . . I have a question posted under programming on how to create a macro to fix this problem.) Thank you for any thoughts . . . ...

fill several sheets with data from other workbooks matching criter
So far, I was able to make a macro to filter data from a project log sheet in a workbook, and copy/paste the rest of the data in each row based on criteria in column A to the corresponding worksheets with a name matching the data in column A on the project log. But now what I need to do is make a macro that will do basically the same thing, but will instead run on sheet(1) of any other workbooks with a filename that contains "RetailProjectLog" in a certain folder location on a network share. Is this possible? If so, how can I do it? I wish I could attach my sample work...

How can i change the default line weight in an excel chart
I select a heavier line weight for a Pivotchart graph so it is easier to see, however every time i change something on the graph from the drop down box the line weight goes back to it default (lighter) weight. ...

view applied?
What does the following WLM beta message mean? View applied not connected to imap4.xxxxxx.co.uk I had already clicked on this account and a couple of emails were downloaded. ...

How do I set up a way to add up the number of lines used when cal.
I am doing a worksheet. On this chart I want to track the price of an object sold. Along with that I want to add up the number of the objects that have been sold, by just adding up the number sold in a column. Is there a way to do this, beside creating another column and putting a qty in it. It sounds like you want to use =countif() (if each object is singular) If you have quantities, maybe using =sumif() Debra Dalgleish has some nice counting/summing instructions at: http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions01.html and http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions04.html Nixco wrote: >...

x-y scatter plots and trend lines
I need to plot my data as individual series on an x-y plot (i.e. each series only contains one point) and add an intercept line through one of these series. In versions of Excel prior to 2007, I was able to add a trend line to a series (again, a single point) and then format it such that it went through the x- or y-intercept of my choice; however, in Excel 2007 I am not able to do this. If I add a trend line, it will appear in the legend, but I will be unable to format it and it does not appear. I have found a way around this by adding the intercept to the data series, but this involves reorg...

Creating Excel chart where each column contains a range of values
hi there, I have a really long column with lots of numbers, e.g. 4 5 6 13 17 2 15 I want to create a chart that contains all of the numbers in one range in one bar, and all of the numbers in the next range in another bar, and so on. e.g. 1-10 **** 11-20 *** Is there a way to do this in Excel? thanks! There's a worksheet function called =frequency() that can count up your numbers based on the bins (categories) you give it. I put a bunch of numbers (between 1:100) in A1:A600. In B1:B10, I put 10 numbers: 10 20 30 .... 100 Then I selected C1:C10 and put this in C1 =FREQUENCY(A1:...

My publisher colours are corrupted
I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. The colours still reappear as pinks and blues. Colour scheme is the same. This is Publisher 2000. The rest of the computer is fine. It happened once before when we picked up a virus. Future Shop cleaned it up and it was fine. Now its only in Publisher. Any ideas? Thanks. Logger's Wife <Logger's Wife@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. The colours still > reappear as pinks and blues. Colour scheme is the same. This is > Publisher 2000. The rest of ...

copying two charts
I am trying to copy two charts along with its name and legend. When I past it in another worksheet I only get the legend and the chart name and NOT the chart. How can I copy both charts, name and legend at the same time? I have a list of charts that I need to combine in one page for printing options. Thank you! Oli Try this press F5, click special, select objects, click OK or press enter, do Ctrl + C and paste into another sheet Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Oli" <Oli@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3A9FC735-490D-42A4-9424-D4BD6350A94D@microsoft.com... &g...