animate by series an Excel chart that's paste-linked into Powerpo.

Does anyone know how to animate by series an Excel chart that's paste-linked
into Powerpoint?
0
Jango (1)

For some strange reason it cannot be done.  However, if you just paste
it, you can animate the chart series by series.  My workaround is to
paste both a linked and an unlinked version.  The linked version is
positioned off the visible area and only there as a reminder of the
actual source.  The unlinked version is animated but never used for
updates.

--
Regards,

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article <C3600F88-47A4-41F0-B5BD-13D8CFA7418C@microsoft.com>,
Jango@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> Does anyone know how to animate by series an Excel chart that's paste-linked
> into Powerpoint?

linking images
HI, I have an image in a cell A1(I changed the properties of the image to let the image be in the cell (properties, move and change the size within the cells). I would like to link that cell in another one b1, and in that cell appear the image of a1. I dont know Visual basic, and I dont know how to insert visual basic codes Thanks andrei You might not need VBA. Put your picture in A1. Now select A1 and do Edit|copy Select B1 and do Shift-Edit|Paste Picture Link Now anything you do to A1 (change pictures, delete picturer, add pictures over the existing picture) will show up in B1. (Hol...

Animated chart
Jon Peltier recently posted an article called "Gas Price Interactive Time Series" on his blog. Can anyone please explain how the animation works? The chart plots the data in the first two rows of the data sheet. The scroll bar under the chart is linked to cell A1 in the data sheet. This corresponds to the row of the data list which is listed in row 2 of the data sheet and plotted in the chart. The first row of the data sheet contains series names, which do not change. The second row extracts the values from the proper row using this formula: cell B2: =INDEX(B$9:B$808,$A$1) ...

animation in outlook 2000
I receive mail all the time that has anmatied art in it. Each tiem i attemp to send an email messge by inserting an anmited clip the clip becomes a still picture. What meus be done to maintina the animation? Set your email format to HTML. (Tools | Options | Mail Format) Open a new message. Click in the body of the message. Select INSERT from the menu Select PICTURE... Browse to an animated jpg or gif file and select it or Set your email format to HTML (Tools | Options | Mail Format) Open a new message Click in the body of the message Find an animated picture on a web site or suc...

can excel view drill throughs in a pivot table
I'm building pivot tables in Excel 2000 based on data cubes from SQL 2000 Analysis Services. Is there anyway to view the drill down from the data fields in a Excel pivot table? I try doubleclicking in a data field cell and get a message saying that I can only get detail from rows or columns. -- ************************************************* Andy S. MCSE NT/2000, MCDBA SQL 7/2000 andymcdba1@noreply.yahoo.com Please remove "noreply" before replying. ************************************************* Oh, the message you are receiving is because you are clicking on a ...

Can only Series Post
In the Payables Transaction Entry window, I have a Post button, but when click, I get a prompt that warns I can't post individually & must post via Batch. How do I get rid of this & allow individual posting? On May 28, 10:43=A0am, Adam <A...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > In the Payables Transaction Entry window, I have a Post button, but when > click, I get a prompt that warns I can't post individually & must post vi= a > Batch. =A0How do I get rid of this & allow individual posting? In the Posting Setup window - in the Purchasing Seri...

Trapping Print event in excel vba
Hi, I'm trapping the App_workbookbefore Print Event which is working wonderfully! See http://www.cpearson.com/excel/AppEvent.aspx But The Question I've got is it possible to return what sheet, if only one sheet is printed or sheets if multiple sheets are printed. You can return the sheets selected like this: Sub ShowSelectedSheets() Dim Sh As Worksheet For Each Sh In ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets MsgBox Sh.Name Next End Sub but if the user chose to print 'Entire workbook' instead of the default 'Active sheet(s)' I'm not sure you can detect ...

why won't animations move in outlook 2007 emails
-- thank you Keith mole <kjmsafe-pot@yahoo.co.uk> wrote: <nothing> Because Microsoft removed the ability to display anomation from Outlook 2007. -- Brian Tillman Outlook 2007 does not support animated GIFs anymore due to tighter security handling. Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP] -------------- http://pschmid.net *** Office 2007 RTM Issues: http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/11/13/80 *** Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize RibbonCustomizer Add-In: http://pschmid.net/office2007/ribboncustomizer OneNote 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/onenote *** Subsc...

Can I have each series be a different field in a Pivot Chart?
I'd like to create a stacked column chart using a Pivot Chart. But each of the series that I'd like to stack are in different field (columns) in my source data. Is it possible to do this? I can't rearrange the source data, because then I'll exceed Excel's 64K row limitation. I am quite sure you can do it, but need more info about your set up before I will be aboe to give any recommendations Where is the data for each series? "tyson12" wrote: > I'd like to create a stacked column chart using a Pivot Chart. But each of > the series that I'd...

using Excel as a database
can someone point me in the right direction here... I would like to have a workbook with, say, 2 sheets. the first would be a form, for a user to enter data into different cells. I would like to be able to have that data then added to a table (database) on the other worksheet. So, for example, if 5 people enter info in the first sheet (one at a time), the table on sheet 2 will have 5 new roes added to it. I'm basically looking to have a very small database setup. Alternatively, I could create a VBA form, and use that for entry, but I'm not sure how to set it up so it adds to the dat...

In Excel 2003, the histograms are incorrect. Excel shows a bar gr.
When creating histograms using the "Data Analysis feature, Excel creates bar graphs. Bar graphs are not histograms. Histograms bars share a boundary. They are used to chart interval and ration data. Bar graphs are used to graph nominal and ordinal data. "Levi" <Levi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote... >When creating histograms using the "Data Analysis feature, Excel creates >bar graphs. Bar graphs are not histograms. Histograms bars share a boundary. >They are used to chart interval and ration data. Bar graphs are used to >graph nominal and ordinal d...

Question on Excel 2002
I am attempting to use objects from the control toolbox (e.g. chec boxes), but I do not appear to have the "format control" option when right click on the object (an option available on the previous versio of Excel). Does anyone know if this can be added or alternate way t select this, or if such functionality now requires VBA code. Thank for you help -- case ----------------------------------------------------------------------- caser's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1652 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?thr...

Embedding Excel
We are currently using Office 2007 and Windows XP. On my system, everything works just fine. It is my Admin Assistant who we just upgraded to a new computer and is now also using Office 2007 and Windows XP. In creating our invoices, we use an embedded Excel sheet to calculate amounts and taxes. When I edit the embedded excel sheet and then print or save, all is well. When she edits the embedded excel sheet and then prints or saves it seems to turn the embedded excel sheet into an object and printing a black box. Where in our settings do we differ that I am fine and she ...

Plot points with same x-value in same series?
My chart has four categories on the x-axis: Red, Blue, Green Yellow. The y-axis is prices. I used a line-chart to show the average price for each color. Now I want to plot points on the same chart showing the actual prices for actual items, and that way can tell at a glance how near the points tend to be to the "average line". So: Item Color Price Bob Red 2.20 Bill Red 4.50 Joe Blue 2.20 Dan Blue 2.20 Ann Green 3.20 Lynn Yellow 4.50 As you can see, several items may have the sam...

Excel and Win98
What is the latest excel version for Win98se ? Is it still available? Thanks. Don't know about Excel 2003, but Office(Excel) 2002 runs under Windows 98 and 98SE. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 15:32:04 -0800, "kchall" <r1hall@msn.com> wrote: >What is the latest excel version for Win98se ? Is it still available? >Thanks. > > Excel 2003 requires Windows XP. Excel XP and all earlier will run fine on Win98. I think that only the newest version of everything is available from authorized MS dealers, so perhaps you must buy some secondhand product...

Dummy series and data table
Hi, I have a chart that presents 2005, 2006, 2007 summary data as a column chart and then 2007 by month as a line. To show the yearly data I have a yearly category, after which I have individual months where the yearly data is zero - sort of like a dummy series - because I only have one value for them. The 2007 detailed data has zero in the yearly column but all the individual values in the monthly columns. It worked fine until I was asked to add a data table to the chart. Now, since it has 2007 twice - once as the summarized for the year and the other as all these individual months - some us...

Pasting text to Excel
Hello, This is a weird question, but I need some help!! When I open excel and paste say a text table (delimited by tabs). It all comes up in the first column. I then do a text to columns function and it converts it to the correct columns. Thats Great, However when doing this again it automatically does this without my intervention!! Can anyone tell me where I can turn this auto feature off? Thanks.... Sam Hi File.Open Set file type to text In Text Impord Wizard set data type to Delimited - Next Set Delimiters to Tab (check it) - Next (or Finish, when you don't want to change data ty...

How do I view and edit the source code for a Chart in Excel 2003?
Is there a way to access the code (VBA?) for a Chart created in Excel 2003? I have generated a complicated Chart or graph which I want to then "Copy" and modify to make several more which access different spreadsheets. It is cumbersome to click in the Toggle box for the data ranges for X and Y. Instead, I was hoping there might be a way to use Search and Replace to change the text describing the data ranges. EBB Excel does not create VBA when creating a chart unless you have specifically recorded the steps of creating it (Tools>Macros>Record New Macro...). Even when y...

Excel File Mirror/Clone
When i open a file - it opens two workbooks that appear to be mirrored or cloned. How do you declone the files. The file contains :1 or :2 at the end, almost like versions, but whatever you do in one, is done in both files. It is one file to open but on the "Window" drop down menu, it lists two workbooks. You have two windows open in the same file, close one of the windows, then save it. Goaliemenace wrote: > When i open a file - it opens two workbooks that appear to be mirrored or > cloned. How do you declone the files. The file contains :1 or :2 at the...

WEBSITE ANIMATIONS
Im trying to create a website with an animation but when I try to insert it (through the tool-bar) it won't let me. I created the animation in Macromedia flash, could that be why it's not working? -- AC Using a SWF file (Flash) in Publisher http://msmvps.com/blogs/dbartosik/articles/81253.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Andrew" <Andrew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7AA7D80D-E91A-4BFB-B684-4483EBCCC36E@microsoft.com... > Im trying to create a website with an anim...

.qfx file in excel
my bank for some reason will only allow me to download my statement in a qfx file (quicken) but i dont have any quicken programs i use excel to manage my finances how can i open this file up??? If the bank does not have .text (.txt) or comma separated variables (.csv), which would probably be listed as spreadsheet format, then I would complain to the bank. Meanwhile you could copy and paste from your checking activity HTML pages. --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: ...

how to I make the tabs at the bottom of excel larger (large font)
Here is a useful article to your question: http://excel.tips.net/Pages/T002690_Increasing_Font_Size_In_Worksheet_Tabs.html To paraphrase the Bible: Seek in Google and ye shall find; click and the door shall be open unto ye. Paul "davedix" <davedix@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8F870164-9C84-4ACC-B0AF-5446671AC300@microsoft.com... > ...

Format multiple Charts
Is there a way to format multiple charts (in different worksheets, same workbook) that are exactly the same (or I wish them to be so) to each other except for the source data location? In particular, I am looking to change column colors, the dark/light variation shading and changing the format of the y axis to currency with commas. Any help greatly appreciated You can select the chart area of one chart, copy (Ctrl+C), select the other chart, and use Edit menu > Paste Special > Formats option to paste the formats to the other chart. This also pastes the text content of any axis ...

Excell 2003. Simple Problem
Hi guys, firstly apologies for the simplicity of this question but to be honest i never use excel and cant find my manual :confused: Basically i have a really simple spreadsheet, one of the fields is for a "sent date" and another field is for a "due date". The due date should be fourteen days after the sent date. Now i can do the simple formula for one of the records eg =(a1+14) but how do i repeat this command throughout the spreadsheet. Once again apologies for this crude question :rolleyes: -- longside1 -----------------------------------------------------------...

How do I lock some fields but allow editing for others in excel
I am creating a form using excel at which certain fields of the form, editing is prohibited. Users then wont be able to change the locked values. Editing is allowed for other fields. ...

Tests for Normality in Excel
Are there any tests for Normality in Excel? I've used other statistical packages and currently don't have access to them. Does Excel have this type of capability and if it does, how do I use it? Thanks, Barb Reinhardt Barb, The Analysis TookPak included with Excel has a "Descriptive Statistics" function that generates information like the following. The data was from a column of test scores. You must first checkmark Analysis Tool Pak in Tools | Add-ins. Regards, Jim Cone San Francisco, USA '------------------------------------- Mean 527.5502008 Standard Error...