Angle charts?

I would like to display angle data on a chart that is at 90°. Kind of like a
pie chart but at ± 3° from nominal.
0
Ron1 (234)

Charting
I am trying to figure out how to plot a chart of T Vs (V1-V2) without actually creating a Column to calculate V1-V2. Please help. Thanks Here's an example. Put T values in A2:A12, V2 values in B2:B12, and V1 values in C2:C12 (B1 and C1 are reserved for labels). Press Ctrl-F3 to open the Define Names dialog. Enter a name like DeltaV in the name box, type an equals sign in the Refers To box, select the range containing V2, then type a minus sign, then select the range containing V1, and press Add. The refers To box contains the formula: =Sheet1!$B$2:$B$12-Sheet1!$C$2:$C$12 Now...

Link embedded chart to a commandbutton?
I have a embedded chart which I wish to show the chart when I press a commandButton and hide the chart when I press either the same button or another one. -- Bob Hi, The basic code would be, which will toggle visibility of first chartobject on sheet. Sub Button2_Click() ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(1).Visible = Not ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(1).Visible End Sub Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F16B6F66-95AB-4C12-9B21-B5513FB1FDEE@microsoft.com... >I have a embedded...

Charts disappearing
I have a worksheet that contains multiple sheets. There are 2 charts each on their own sheet and pulling data from 2 addtional sheets within the same workbook. Whenever I choose to print either chart on a color printer the chart starts to flash, it prints, but then is not visible on the sheet. If I close the workbook and reopen it the chart is there again. i do not have this problem if I print it in black & white. Any suggestions? -- Thank you! ...

non scrolling angled row
I have seen this many times, but am unfamiliar with how to make it work I wanting to angle a top row with headings at -45 degree angle. No only the text, but the cells also. I would then like for that row no to scroll. I only want the date below to scroll. Any help is appreciate -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You can't actually change the angle of cells. However, if you set the text angle to -45 degrees and apply a border to the cells, the border will also angle, so perhaps that's what you remember. For freezing that row, see Freeze Panes in XL Help. In art...

Sorting charts
Hi All, I want to sort the charts in a spreadsheet on its name and i have the code to do this. but my code sorts the charts based on the index value. Is there any way to sort charts by there name. thanks, Navin The index value is the Z order, where 1 is the one behind all the others, and the highest number is in front of all the others. Adjust the Z order (Bring Forward, Send Backward), then run your sorting routine. Or provide the list of chart object names to the procedure and use these in order to move each chart. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom...

Aligning line chart with column chart (4 categories)
Hi All, I am trying to plot a line chart over a column chart (4 categories). The columns on the primary y-axis, while the lines on the secondary y-axis. The problem is that the line charts starting points are always at the middle of the data series but not properly aligned with the columns. I want to shift them and align them with the column charts. Here is the data. 2011 2011 2012 2012 Volume % of sector Volume % Sector Company 1 150 7% 310 11% Company 2 170 5% 320 12% Company 3 160 4% 330 13% If you plot them in col...

Creating a Chart using Pivotchart wizard
This Pivottable /Chart wizard has confused me... I have the following Table: Name Day1 Day2 Day3 Day4 Day5 Tom E L R N S Dick L N S E R Harry N S E L E Jane S E R L N I like to create a chart to view who has the most E,L,N, etc. How do acheive this. What do I select as Row,Column and Data in the Pivotchar Wizard? :) Many Thanks Gunjan -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com As answered in .worksheet.functions -- '================================ Your table isn't set up to create a pivot table and pivot chart. You could reorganize the data, e.g.: Name Day Code ...

Excel 2007
In Excel 2003, when you create a Pivot Chart with a field in the Page Fields area, you can choose an item to filter by, which is then displayed on the chart so that when you print, you know which item has been chosen. However, with the 'advances' made in Excel 2007, the Page Field is now the Report Filter in the Pivot Table Field List so when you print the chart, nowhere does it say what the item is! Surely this is a backward step - unless I'm missing an option somewhere? ...

how do I angle text without angling border?
I've rotated text in a cell and it rotates my border as well. How can I keep my border from rotating. I don't believe you can. A work around would be to eliminate the norma border entirely and replace it with a box object from the drawin toolbar. Be sure to format it empty (no-fill) :cool -- ElsiePO ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ElsiePOA's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=390 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26281 ...

Pie Chart size
I have four Pie Charts that I need to use for some reports in a worksheet. The worksheet is setup to print all four pie charts on one page. My problem is that when I add and change data to the sources for the pie charts, the pie charts keep changing size. I need to have all of the PIES in each pie chart to be the same size regardless of the data and labels. Is there anyway that I can specify the size of the pies such that they are all the same and do not change? Thanks for any help J Jon Peltier posted some code in the following message that should help you fix the pie charts: ...

Getting text and grid at a 45 degree angle
I'm trying to create an affordance structure matrix (if anyone actually knows what that is!). It has a regular grid and then a grid above it, rotated 45 degrees. I know how to rotate the text, but that only gives me the grid lines for half of the grid. When I change the grid lines to diagonal, I can't put marks in all of the squares. Can you do what I want in Excel or do I have to use a drawing program? Hi, It may be possible to draw the gridlines and markers using additional series plotted as xy scatter chart. If you need more help can you post a link to an example of one of t...

Text Box angled
Hi: I am working with a powerpoint document I have inserted a text box I want to angle the text box i.e. slant it; katty corner it Can I make this happen? I can send an attchment of my document if this helps? thanks kathy Might try a PowerPoint newsgroup... Try the autoshapes, make a square, right-click, add text, then rotate. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "kathy" <kathy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B3DD257A-FA1F-4EDD-A768-E68B3CE111CC@microsoft.com... > Hi: > I am working w...

How delete the legend in a line chart
I have created a line chart and don't want the legend at all. How do I delete it? I can select it, but can't move it or resize it or delete it - pressing delete, deletes the entire chart. I appreciate your help, -John Hello, Assuming Excel 2003, first trying activate the chart by clicking once on the outside (you should see "handles") appear on the outside edge. Then go to the standard toolbar and select Chart -> Chart Options -> Legend. Deselect the "Show legend" option. This should work for an embedded chart or a chart sheet. I wasn't abl...

transparent areas in charts?

regression charts in data analysis
I am new to excel 2007. I have installed the add in for data analysis. I want to do a regression output with charts based on the dependent variable(y) and the independent variable(x). I have clicked on all the right boxes I need. The problem is I am only able to do 1 chart and I have 3 variable so I should have 3 charts. I am able to do this in 2003 and can't do it in 2007. I need help in doing these charts. Please help. kourtney - I observe similar behavior in Excel 2007 SP1. The numerical results of the Regression tool seem to be OK. So, as a workaround, you could create the cha...

Excel Chart Window
In Excel 03, you could right click on a chart and choose "Chart Window" to open up a temporary window that could be expanded without changing the position/size of the underlying chart. I can't seem to find this command in 2007 and, as a result, if I want to look at a chart more closely will have to resize it. Does anyone know if this ability still exists in 2007 and, if not, why? Thanks That feature has been removed from Excel 2007. Microsoft might know why. To tell the truth, I never felt it was all that useful, because clicking anywhere closed the window. - Jon -----...

problem with stacking charts.
I am having a new problem of stacking line graphs in a single figure using data from a pivot table in excel. I was able to do it initially then for some reason when I started a new data sheet, the figure shows a line graph of the second series as double the actual value. If I do a figure with two charts, the line graph will show the correct data in the first column but double the data for the second column. If I take out the data of either column, it will appear correct, even the second one. Any ideas on why this is happening and how to fix it? On Apr 26, 5:12=A0pm, libertyforall <...

Dynamic Charts #5
Thanks Bernard & Don. Bernard: Can you pls explain with an example, how to use data as a lis and use them in dynamic graphs... thanks in advance -- ramsdes ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ramsdesk's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1570 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27233 ...

Can anyone align the numbers within the datatable of a chart?
Hi, I have this request from 'the top' within my organization to align to the right the numbers on the data table of every chart we produce for our monthly reports. The charts are created with Excel. I tried to play with the macros, visual basic editor, and even with the script editor. All I get is that it does not support this feature. Can anyone please help Thank you, Chris The chart table in XL has very limited formatting capability. Consider simulating the effect of a chart table. See Custom Chart Table http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/data_table/index....

XY Chart Improvements For Scientific Data
Excel seems to have been primarily designed for accountants but it is also useful for handling scientific results. Unfortunately the graphing side is missing a number of important features. It would be useful to know, whether any of these features are going to be included in the next release of Office. Is there a feature list available yet? 1) Point and Click Scaling It is a real pain having to go and type numbers in to change the scale limits. Often you just want to zoom in on an area. There are several ways this could be done, either a simple point and click to zoom in; or allow user ...

Updatable chart?
Good Afternoon my helpful amigos. I have yet another query for you. I am working at building a line graph chart to compare day to day temperatures of various devices. What I would like to know is if there is a way to update the chart on a day to day basis or if I'll have to re-write the chart with each update. For example: Let's say I'm makin a line graph to compare temperatures for this week, so we've got this data. Mon, 105 degrees Tue, 107 Wed, 104 Now, to that line graph I'd like to add Thur, 108degrees. Is there a way I can just enter the extra information or do I...

Stacked Charts
Hi all, i need some help creating a stacked bar chart in excel. I want to lay this out in quarters so Quarter 1 will be Turnover and Target two charts but next to each other and same applies to all other quarters. Currently they are all spaced and individually spaced. I have tried changing the gap and it does it for each one. Please help!! Thanks. Hi Neil. OK, let’s start drawing what you have done so far. Please look at:- http://www.pierrefondes.com/ On the home page the first item is number 18. Please open this item. This is what I have done for you s...

Charting a line and a bar on the same chart
Hello I need to create a chart which has (1) a line following a daily price, on the same chart as (2) a bar chart which only changes monthly. I can get the bar chart on a secondary vertical axis, which is what I need, but because I have to enter the data for a particular day (rather than the whole month) I get one thin vertical bar which is only one day's width, and then 30 days of blank space before the next thin bar. Is there a way of doing this? Excel 2007 Chart X Y with Area and Steps http://www.mediafire.com/file/jxnhtyuhoqj/10_06_09.xlsx ...

is it possible to find the arctan of an angle in Excel or an add .
"JmcD" <JmcD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D870C84B-7B0E-479F-A0CE-23230AC24CE1@microsoft.com... >nothing PLEASE write your question in the body of the post and NOT just the subject as it gets truncated like yours has Have a look here: http://dts-l.net/goodpost.htm You can use the ATAN function. Note that all trig functions in Excel work with Radians, not Degrees. Thus, you may need to use the RADIANS function to convert degrees to radians or DEGREES to convert radians to degrees. E.g., =DEGREES(ATAN(A1)) returns the number of degrees of the a...

Weekly bar charts assumes i mean daily bar chart
Hi, I'm trying to creat a simple bar chart that shows open tickets and closed tickets week by week. I have 3 weeks of data and the bars themselves are ok (20 open 6 closed). However, when using the date as the horizontal axis, Excel inserts the 6 days of the week between each miles stone. So, if I want to see the number of tickets each Monday, Excel creates the chart with all the other days of the week, which have no data. I'm left with 3 bars standing apart. How can I get each Monday to stand next to each other and hide the intevening days? P.S. The cells the chart is ba...