Align Clustered Column Chart Category Axis Labels

I have a simple clustered column chart containing one series.  Instead of the
category X axis labels being directly aligned under each column, is there a
way to align the labels directly under each major tick mark?  In other words,
I would like the X axis labels to appear under the right side of each column
when the gap width is set to zero.  Thanks for your help.
0
Stephanie (81)

Stephanie,

You can do so by setting up a dummy X axis.  This example explains how to
put a colored quadrant together.  You will specifically want to use the X
axis techniques that are described in the example.

http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ColoredQuadrantBackground.html

---
Regards,
John Mansfield
http://www.pdbook.com

"Stephanie" wrote:

> I have a simple clustered column chart containing one series.  Instead of the
> category X axis labels being directly aligned under each column, is there a
> way to align the labels directly under each major tick mark?  In other words,
> I would like the X axis labels to appear under the right side of each column
> when the gap width is set to zero.  Thanks for your help.

Decimal alignment
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) How do I align decimals in a word document? I know it has something to do with setting tabs, but I can't seem to get it right when I tried to figure it out myself! Thanks so much. Why are you trying to "figure it out" for yourself?... That's what Help is for :-) See the topic: Set tab stops Regards |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 2/7/10 6:37 PM, in article 59bb26da.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "brielle78@officeformac.com" <brielle78@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: ...

Delete same columns in every worksheet
Is there a way to delete the same columns (A & B) in every worksheet in the workbook? Thanks, John Hi John - this will work unless there are bits of a pivot table or merged cells in columns A & B Sub deletecols() Dim sh As Worksheet For Each sh In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets sh.Columns(1).Delete sh.Columns(1).Delete Next End Sub Cheers JulieD "Books4Sale" <Books-4-Sale@ebay.com> wrote in message news:D%IVc.120118$ZN2.36373@fe60.usenetserver.com... > Is there a way to delete the same columns (A & B) in every worksheet in the > workbook? > >...

chart size limits?
I am plotting an xy chart with 11,800 values on the x axis. The chart handles do not allow for the chart to be increased in width (or height), or moved around on the chart sheet. Is there a limit to the number of points, or is there a control that can be changed? For a 2D chart, the limit is 32000 points per series. To change the size of the chart, either change the paper size and margins in page setup, or move the chart to a worksheet, where you can drag it to a larger size. I'm not sure I understand the problem, though. Do you want to see each of the 12000 categories on the X a...

second axis
How can I use bar graphs for three different products with two axes becuase of two different sets of info for each product and get the graphs to stop plotting on top of each other? Please help!! Jon Peltier has instructions for a column chart on two axes: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ColumnsOnTwoAxes.html carrie in pa wrote: > How can I use bar graphs for three different products with two axes becuase > of two different sets of info for each product and get the graphs to stop > plotting on top of each other? Please help!! -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips &...

Placing a SUM amount into a column
Hi, I have the following query SELECT JobName, count (*) as 'RunNumber' FROM Jobs WHERE JobStatus = 0 group by JobName compute SUM (count (*)) In my case SUM has to calculate the total of all count(*) but I need for it to appear in the column next to RunNumber and I need to be able to assign a column name to SUM on the fly. I know I can not do this: compute SUM (count (*)) as 'total' So, what would be my alternative? T. Here is one method: SELECT JobName, RunNumber, SUM(RunNumber) OVER() AS total FROM ( SELECT JobName, COUNT(*) AS RunNumber FROM ...

Wrong dates in LAST PAID column??
When viewing my 'Manage scheduled bills and deposits' the 'Last Paid' column does not always reflect the last payment date, it sometimes shows the one before last. I can double click an item and the message in the pop-up box accurately reflects the last payment date. Does anybody know an easy way to make that 'Last Paid' column reflect the actual last payment? THANKS!! Gee, is this the same question you posted 25 hours ago? Normally, posting multiple times decreases your chances of getting any help from me, but in the spirit of the holidays and since your other...

Excel will not allow me to change alignment
I have a worksheet in which Excel does not allow me to change the alignment of a range of cells from, say, left-justified to centered. I am experienced with Excel/VBA and have not seen this before. The cells are not protected and do contain numerical data. If I add a leading apostrophe to the cell values to have them treated as strings, I can then align the cells however I like. When those cells contain numerical data, Excel will not allow me to change the alignment from left-justified, regardless of whether I use a toolbar, the Format tab, or VBA. Any ideas? -- zalcjm ---------------...

fixing a maximum chart value
I am making line graphs by asp,I want the scaling to be off in the graphs.Here is an example: http://www.imlab.psu.edu/forest/gr.gif In this graph I want to have 30 on the left scale instead of 7. So in this case the lines will seem smaller and lower. Does anybody know how to do this? Thanks cenk -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com ...

Secondary Y axis #2
I created a chart with 2 axes: left axis is a line chart and right axis is a bar chart. Both series have both positive and negative numbers. Problem is that both have their origin at 0 on the scale, but the 0 on the left axis is slightly higher than the zero on the right axis. Any ideas? Hi, Have a look at, http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AlignXon2Ys.html Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "chadmh" <chadmh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:399B9D2B-E85D-4270-ACBC-4007D0960661@microsoft.com... >I created a c...

Concatenate text from columns
How can I concatenate text in colB? ColA has 2 markers C and * Whenever C is followed by * I need to unite the text fields in ColB So, for the data below I want ColA ColB C Text1 Text1a C Text2 Text2a Text2b Text2c ColA ColB C Text1 * Text1a cont'd C Text2 * Text2a cont'd * Text2b cont'd * Text2c cont'd C Text3 Hope this makes sense! Thbe easy method is to use a fromula in the worksheet. Something like this in cell C1 =if(A2="*",B1&B2,"") Then copy formula down column C Next Copy colum...

is there a way to add stoplighting to a chart
based on the value as compared to the goal we need to indicate on the chart red, yellow or green similar to scorecard/kpi indicators Andy Pope shows an actual stoplight in this example: http://andypope.info/charts/trafficlight.htm He also has a couple other examples: http://andypope.info/charts/tilechart.htm http://andypope.info/charts/spotlight.htm - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services - Tutorials and Custom Solutions - http://PeltierTech.com/ 2006 Excel User Conference, 19-21 April, Atlantic City, NJ http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ExcelUserConf06.ht...

Four-up postcards not aligned right
I'm using Publisher 2003 to print postcards four to a page. They are "off" by about 1/4 inch to the left. This isn't awful for the two postcards on the left side of the page, but the two on the right side of the page are unusable. How do I fix this problem? I used Publisher's postcard format, 4.25" by 5.5". I've tweaked the postcard size down a bit in Page Setup (to 5.35") in order to insert a .1" side margin and a .2" gap between the two postcards (it's called a "horizontal gap," based on a portrait orientation, even ...

Cluster analysis
I have the user enter up to 20 locations, to which are associate coordinates. I would like Excel to be able to identify groups of locations based o their proximity to each other. So if 5 of those "locations" are within a certain distance from on another, Excel would assign a group number to those 5, and so on wit all 20 locations. Can anyone point me into the right direction? Is this problem to difficult for wittle ol' Excel -- grim ----------------------------------------------------------------------- grime's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinf...

Align
In a cell, Why are texts aligned to the left and numbers aligned to the right in MS Excel spreadsheet? That's the standard for Spreadsheets. Comes in handy when you THINK a cell houses a number and it's left aligned by default. -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Diana" <Diana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:983520B3-6FA0-4D96-B370-70057F717A55@microsoft.com... > In a cell, Why are texts aligned to the left and numbers aligned to the > right > in MS Excel spreadsheet? hi microsoft chose this as default to mimic ...

Adding Categories in MS Money Essentials
Just upgraded from MS Money 2005 to MS Essentials and cannot find a way to add or change category names that appear in the dropdown listing for payees? For example, I have Dining Out as a category, but would like a separate category for Coffee (yeah, from Seattle!). Thanks for any help - Will "Will_Treinen" <WillTreinen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0FD24552-F340-45C1-853B-8C1DD1AA6DDC@microsoft.com... > Just upgraded from MS Money 2005 to MS Essentials and cannot find a > way to > add or change category names that appear in the dropdown list...

Creating a chart representing hours used
I don't know if it's possible or at least I am not aware of how to do it, but I need to create a chart using days as the column, be it vertical or horizontal, and showing the hours covered by a schedule, basically saying on date X I covered 1000 to 1930 hours, hour format is no big deal, but I can't seem to make it work properly. It seems simple but I don't know excel well enough to figure it out. I would like to be able to do this for a monthly period. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. What I get now is either I get the date compared to hours or I get th...

text alignment
How can I align text to the bottom of cells in Excel 2007. The bottom text alignment button places text only in the center. Make the Cell higher and then look at Center vs. Bottom. BillCT1984 wrote: > How can I align text to the bottom of cells in Excel 2007. The bottom text > alignment button places text only in the center. ...

Excel
Is there some function in Excel (VBA) that will get me the column alphabet if I provide the column number, or do I have to write one. I ask because I know that there is, yet I recall I wrote this functionality for the previous application, and I don't want to: (1) Reuse it, if there's something in-built (2) Re-invent the wheel Help! PS: I'm looking for something like: code:-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Function GetAlphabet(ByVal ColumnNumber as Long) as String ------------------------------------------------------------------...

labels for bubble charts
I have successfully used the macro described in KB213750 to create labels for my bubble charts. Is there a macro to REMOVE these labels from a bubble chart.......that is, a macro to undo the label macro? Thanks Rick Do you need a macro? You can just click on a label and press Delete. To remove data labels from an active chart: Sub DeleteLabels() Dim srs As Series If Not ActiveChart Is Nothing Then With ActiveChart For Each srs In .SeriesCollection If srs.HasDataLabels Then srs.DataLabels.Delete End If Next End With Else MsgBox "...

Change/Edit Timescale Label
I am working in Project 2003 and in the Gantt View the timescale label shows 14 Mar '10 I would like it to show Mar 14 '10 or 03/14/10. Is there a way to change this? I tried Help but the change I am seeing is in the Calendar View not the Gantt View. Also, the date on my computer is displaying as Mar 9 '10 but I can't seem to get the Gantt in that display. Any help is appreciated. Thanks This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00C5_01CABFD9.906B25B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Enc...

How can I line up 2 columns with similar information?
I have 2 columns with names in each and I'd like to line them up next to each other. I think we'll need more information, Kathy. I don't understand what you're trying to do. Can you give exactly what's up? ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Kathy" <Kathy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A5C0BC96-7E27-4C55-89A3-03513FC0D409@microsoft.com... >I have 2 columns with names in each and I'd like to line them up next to >each > other. Column A has employee number, Column B has the same employee numbers but has addi...

Average time from date column?
I have a column that is in general date format, 6/19/2007 5:34:23 PM. In another column I have a value between 10 and around 50. What I have to do is get the average of this number by time in a day. So if the number is 10 all day, then the average is 10. If the number is changed during the day, say its 5 for half the day then 10 for the other half of the day, then the number I'm looking for is 7.5. If the number is 5 for 1/4 of the day and 10 for the other 3/4 of the day then the number would be around 8.5..... if you follow what I'm trying to say. So far I have been a...

After align right, how go back to no alignment?
Thanks in advance. I have a column that was left aligned somehow, though I don't think I did it. It's filled with numbers, and I want to put it back to right aligned, so I can do that with the 'align right' button. Then if I click on a cell in that column, the 'align right' button will have a blue border around it. How can I go from a right aligned cell back to a cell where there is no alignment (no left, middle, or right alignment)? Normally cells with numbers are to the right, but the 'align right' cell is not bordered. So if I 'align right' th...

Adding totals in columns
I have a worksheet that we have hidden rows in. I want to find the sum of a column without picking up the hidden row values? I can I get a sum without including the hidden cell values? What version of Excel are you using? If you're using Excel 2003 or later try this: =SUBTOTAL(109,A1:A10) -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Tanya" <Tanya@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3797F36F-B648-469F-8F7B-6E07E5DC837F@microsoft.com... >I have a worksheet that we have hidden rows in. I want to find the sum of >a > column without picking ...