Addition of error bars creates black filled in areas on chart in 2

When i add custom standard deviation error bars in excel 2007, the graph
shows a black fill in in some areas of the chart.  The exact same chart in
2003 does not show this artifact. Anyone else experienced this?
0
tcek (5)

Hi,

I can't duplicate your problem, but we really need more information - what
type of chart, what do you mean by Custom Standard Deviation error bar? There
are Standard Deviation error bars or their are Custom error bars.  If this is
a scatter chart are these x or y error bars.

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"tcek" wrote:

> When i add custom standard deviation error bars in excel 2007, the graph
> shows a black fill in in some areas of the chart.  The exact same chart in
> 2003 does not show this artifact. Anyone else experienced this?
This is a scatter chart with data collected with lines (not smooth).  The
error bars are custom that are "y" axis related.

"ShaneDevenshire" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I can't duplicate your problem, but we really need more information - what
> type of chart, what do you mean by Custom Standard Deviation error bar? There
> are Standard Deviation error bars or their are Custom error bars.  If this is
> a scatter chart are these x or y error bars.
>
> --
> Thanks,
> Shane Devenshire
>

> "tcek" wrote:
>
> > When i add custom standard deviation error bars in excel 2007, the graph
> > shows a black fill in in some areas of the chart.  The exact same chart in
> > 2003 does not show this artifact. Anyone else experienced this?
0
tcek (5)

VBA Concatenate #2
Hi, I'm having problems with concatenating string variables together. This code works: Dim text As String Dim front As String Dim middle As String Dim back As String Dim formula As Variant text = Mid(ActiveCell.formula, 2) front = "=IF(ISERROR(" & text middle = "),'N/A'," & text back = ")" But, this piece does NOT work: formula = front& middle & back I get an compiling error expecting an end of a statement. Any thoughts? Thanks ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Busines...

Contracts additional Features
First suggestion is to allow decimal points in the Quantity field on the contract line. Second Feature, provide a mechanism to allow users to adjust pricing or quantity on contract line. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Busin...

File Download Error
We recently had to do a database reattachment and subsequent new CRM 4.0 install for a customer who experienced a virus attack. Everything is stable and working but whenever we try to hit one of the Notes>>File attachment - we get a File Download Error and it won't find the link to the original document. We can't attach new files either. Anybody see this before? ...

XML Serialization Error of Collection
// Can anyone explain the bizarre XML Serialization behavior seen in the following code. // It seems that a collection can not be XML Serialized if it contains an Add() method // with a single parameter where that parameter is of a type in the System.Data namespace // (or a class derived from something in the System.Data namespace). // Is there any way to prevent this from blowing up? using System; using System.Data; using System.Collections; using System.IO; using System.Xml.Serialization; namespace XMLStub { /// <summary>A simple class that holds a collection of ints.</summary>...

Scatter Chart Series Lines and Trendlines Are Not Printed Correctly
Hello, I have made acatter plot of my data and insrted linear trend line. Than I copy/paste the chart and made 3 magnifications of the fit. Unfortunately most of the magnificationf are OK on scree but are not printable. I have found MSoffice article http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;%5BLN% 5D;277593 and attempted to use solutions but neither of methods is suitable. First two methods suggest to reduce datasets. The problem is that the trend line changes (the intercept and slope) depending on the data selected. But my aim is to magnify the fit of the trendline for whole ...

Virtual PC Additions Additions
Hey there people of wonderland. I've been trying to install the Virtual PC Additions after installing VPC 6.0.156.0 2007 and setting up two Virtual PCs with Windows 7 and Linux Feroda Core, Host being XP Pro 2002 SP3. When selecting "Action" | "Install/Update ..." nothing happens. then following the manual steps stated in the summary of "If the installation does not automatically start..." then again, nothing happens. Can anyone please help? Many thanks, Jo Johann wrote: > Hey there people of wonderland. > I've been trying to install the Virtual ...

additional SQL instances/best practices
Hello: Like most firms, we create test databases for clients that contain a copy of the client's live company's data. Someone suggested that we should first create a separate SQL instance, stating that Best Practices maintains that it is best to have a separate instance of GP SQL databases. Does Best Practices really maintain that it is best to have a separate instance as a Great Plains test environment? Also, isn't it much harder to maintain a test environment if the test company is in a separate instance of SQL server? And, if a client does have a separate instance of...

Workflow rule to create note on any change
I am trying to figure out a way to create an audit trail note every time someone modifies any field on the account form. Any ideas? Here is what you need to do: 1. Create a Manual Workflow on the Account Entity 2. In this workflow, you want to use the Call Assembly Date Time functionality to capture the "Execution Time" and store this to a variable. 3. The you add a wait for condition to wait for the Account.ModifiedOn datetime to be greater than the Execution Time variable you created in step 2. 4. Next add an action step to create a Note...then you can add whatever you ...

#DIV/0! error 01-21-10
I have the following formula entered to compute the average of a range of cells and discount zeros. Until I change one of the zeros to a number, I get #DIV/0!, How do I get rid of this My formula is: =AVERAGE(Q8:Q18,"<>0",Q8:Q18) -- dbconn That formula will not give you either your required value or a #DIV/0! error. It will return #VALUE! because one of the 23 values which you have asked it to average is the text string "<>0". The other 22 numbers which you are asking it to average are two instances each of the elements in the array Q8:Q1...

Filtering the todo bar
Is it possible to show all uncompleted items and items completed in the past week? I can't seem to figure out how to do this. Thanks You can use tag searching to show unchecked boxes - I blogged about this last week at http://blogs.msdn.com/johnguin/archive/2009/12/17/tag-summary-and-other-test-cases-for-tags-in-onenote.aspx I don't think there is a way to tell which tags were modified in the last two weeks, though. You could possibly write a powertoy to dig this information out, but I don't think it would be trivial... -- Thanks, John Guin OneNote Test T...

Cell content in text box in chart
I have some charts in a spreadsheet that display percentage comparisons between categories. I want to indicate a sample size so the reader has some idea of what the percentages mean. I've accomplished this by displaying the contents of the totals cells in a text box. It worked great unitl I added numbers to the data and the total in the text box doesn't update even though the target cell calculated normally. I tried reeestablishing the connection to get the text box to update, but no go. I have to delete the text box, create a new one, then establish the connection to the c...

time machine #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC How do I enable, use time machine to retrieve a file I accidentally saved over? In article <59b7f6f2.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, zrants@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) > Processor: Power PC > > How do I enable, use time machine to retrieve a file I accidentally saved > over? If you didn't have time machine enabled, it won't have saved the previous version(s) of your file, so it can't retrieve it. See Apple Help for using time ...

Error OLMAP132.dll
I have both the 2007 and 2003 Outlook installed on my laptop, Vista Ultimate x86. The other Office applications for each version perform ok, however, I can not open Outlook 2007 as I get this error. OLMAP132.dll. Any info and/or workaround would be appreciated. Jan :) To add, Outlook 2003 is *not* installed in this machine, only the 2007. Jan ) "Jan :)" <abuse@localhost.invalid> wrote in message news:On%23xLY35IHA.4468@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I have both the 2007 and 2003 Outlook installed on my laptop, Vista >Ultimate x86. The other Office applications for ...

Settle EDC Batch with Errors
I have some AMEX charges that did not settle. When I try to settle them again this morning... they are not in the SETTLE EDC Batch screen. How do I settle these? You should call your processor they can settle on their system. -- Thank You Altaville Market gill1@att.net "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BA628CBC-2D91-44B4-84F6-2695FEF29C61@microsoft.com... >I have some AMEX charges that did not settle. When I try to settle them > again this morning... they are not in the SETTLE EDC Batch screen. How do > I > settle...

Recover .xls file with "Too many different cell formats" error
I have an Excel file with over 20 different worksheets that link to each other, and most of their cells are formated. When I was formating one of the worksheets I received the "Too many different cell formats" error, and from that point, anytime I try to open the file I receive this same error message. File recovery is not working, because it removes the formatting, and formulas. Any suggestions? Thanks Saved from a previous post: XL: Error Message: Too Many Different Cell Formats http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=213904 And if you ever have trouble opening t...

how do i create a formula to give a workday date?
I am trying to set up a worksheet the gives me a date during the work week that is 5 work days, 10 workdays, etc from the date that is entered. I also want the cells to result in TBD until the first date is input. Here is an example of the formula I created that gives me TBD but not a workday date. =IF(H28>0,H28+14,"TBD") Hi, Try this =IF(H28>0,WORKDAY(H28,14),"TBD") Note the workday formula will take a third argument that is a range that contains and holiday dates you want to exclude =IF(H28>0,WORKDAY(H28,14,A1:A10),"TBD") ...

Barcode Addition
I have acquired a Truetype barcode font. Is there a way to create and include address barcodes in or out of Publisher? -- Maurice <Maurice@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I have acquired a Truetype barcode font. Is there a way to create and > include address barcodes in or out of Publisher? An article: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP011269721033.aspx -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher I would suggest that you read up on barcodes as there is way more to it than having a barcode font.. -- Mike Hall MVP - Windows Sh...

new PC #2
please notify me of your reply ...

error message 01-01-10
Unable to send or receive messages for the Hotmail (**********) account. To send and receive messages in your Hotmail account, go to http://hotmail.live.com on the Web, or try again later. To get help from Windows Live Customer Support, go to http://support.live.com and click Windows Live Mail in the list of services. Subject 'Greetings' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x80070057 I want to know how to dump this popup. I don't need to send the message and everytime I open windows live mail, this error message regarding an unable to compete task shows up. How do I ge...

Match 2 Criteria
I need help with a formulas to populate a table that has Project numbers on sheet1, range(a5:a120) that I want to match to sheet2, range(a5:a17244) and return the sum of values, sheet2, range(f5:f17242) that match Jan, entered as 1, found in sheet2, range(i5:i17244). Then repeat for Feb, Mar, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA Greg Hi! Here's what I think you're asking for... In sheet1 B5 enter this formula and copy down to B120: =SUMPRODUCT(--(Sheet2!A$5:A$17244=A5),--(Sheet2!I$5:I$17244=1),Sheet2!F$5:F$17244) For the other months: Feb, Mar, Apr etc, replace the 1...

Additional Licenses
I recently purchased licenses for 2 additional lanes for a client's RMS Store Ops system. They were sent a new (parallel) dongle. When they try to log on to POS on the 2 additional registers the system acts as if it is still only licensed for 1 lane & says register 1 already logged on. Is there something they must to to have RMS recognize the additional licenses? You might try uninstalling the dongle driver( rainbow) and reinstalling it. So it sees the new one. "Ron Bender" <Ron Bender@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F6081F9C-FE5C-4146-A01C-9DB6...

Coloring the scales of a chart
I would like to make a line graph that is colored between the horozontal lines I specify i.e. > 1.344 Green Area Between .525 and 1.343 Yellow Between -.290 and .525 Pink < -.300 Red If the plot point is .750 it would be in the Yellow area All points will fall between these brackets. How do I color the areas of the chart? Hi, Have a look at Jon's page on color banding http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/NewStuff.html#HorizBands Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Paul H" <PaulH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

Filename in formula bar
How do you refer filename1 to a cell in the formula bar? Example: ='\\Year 2004\September\[_filename1_.xls]sheet1'!$A$1 A | B 1 | 2 | filename1 3 | 4 | ="\\Year 2004\September\["_B2_".xls]sheet1'!$A$1 will not work -- yee ve ----------------------------------------------------------------------- yee ven's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1479 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/s...

How do I create separate inboxes for each e-mail account?
I am trying to setup Outlook 2003, and would like to know how to create separate inboxes for each e-mail account. NuttyERnurse schrieb am 09.02.2005 17:13: > I am trying to setup Outlook 2003, and would like to know how to create > separate inboxes for each e-mail account. Create fo every email-account a subfolder in your inbox. Then create a rule and delay incoming mails in the particular folder. -- Viele Grüße Christian Göller NuttyERnurse <NuttyERnurse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to setup Outlook 2003, and would like to know how to ...

ConfigDSInteg error
Hi all, We have Exchange 5.5 and are now deploying Exchange 2003. We've used the ExDeploy tool to Exchange 2003 in coexistence with the old 5.5 server. We've completed ForestPrep, DomainPrep, ADC install and setup and finally completed the Exch2003 install. Both ADC and the new Ex2003 run on a WS2003-based server, named "ES-0". SP1 has not been applied yet. We're now running the integrity check tools and we're stuck at the results of the ConfigDSInteg tool. The results of the e2kdsinteg.log file are: --------> Config results from (objectClass=*) ... DN = CN=Conf...