Adding text box to pie chart

I have a pie chart on an EXCEL tab that charts 10 different pieces of data
from another tab in the same workbook.  I need to show a total of these 10
pieces of data on the chart.  The total is available in a cell on the tab
with my data.

When I add a text box with a link to the data onto the chart, the data
appears.  However, as soon as I click off the chart, the text box with the
data disappears

How can I get the text box with data to remain on the chart.  I've read
through some of the other similar posts but can't seem get their solutions to
work for me.  This seems like such a simple problem but it's driving me
crazy.  HELP!!
--
Thanks so much!
0

You need to attach the text box to the chart. The simplest way to do this is
to activate the chart (click on it) BEFORE using the Drawing tool to make
the text box.

BTW: the objects in Excel that hold data are "worksheets"; "tabs" are the
little-bitty thing we use to go from one worksheet to another. Using the
right terminology helps us communicate with each other and to effectively
use the Help facility.

best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"steph" <steph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a pie chart on an EXCEL tab that charts 10 different pieces of data
> from another tab in the same workbook.  I need to show a total of these 10
> pieces of data on the chart.  The total is available in a cell on the tab
> with my data.
>
> When I add a text box with a link to the data onto the chart, the data
> appears.  However, as soon as I click off the chart, the text box with the
> data disappears
>
> How can I get the text box with data to remain on the chart.  I've read
> through some of the other similar posts but can't seem get their solutions
> work for me.  This seems like such a simple problem but it's driving me
> crazy.  HELP!!
> --
> Thanks so much!

0
bliengme5824 (3040)
3/9/2007 1:47:25 PM
Bernard, thanks for the reply.  I tried your suggestion but still can't get
the text box to remain on the screen after I click off of it.  Would you be
able to take a look at it if I emailed it to you off-line?
--
Thanks so much!

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

> You need to attach the text box to the chart. The simplest way to do this is
> to activate the chart (click on it) BEFORE using the Drawing tool to make
> the text box.
>
> BTW: the objects in Excel that hold data are "worksheets"; "tabs" are the
> little-bitty thing we use to go from one worksheet to another. Using the
> right terminology helps us communicate with each other and to effectively
> use the Help facility.
>
> best wishes
> --
> Bernard V Liengme
> www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme
> remove caps from email
>
> "steph" <steph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a pie chart on an EXCEL tab that charts 10 different pieces of data
> > from another tab in the same workbook.  I need to show a total of these 10
> > pieces of data on the chart.  The total is available in a cell on the tab
> > with my data.
> >
> > When I add a text box with a link to the data onto the chart, the data
> > appears.  However, as soon as I click off the chart, the text box with the
> > data disappears
> >
> > How can I get the text box with data to remain on the chart.  I've read
> > through some of the other similar posts but can't seem get their solutions
> > work for me.  This seems like such a simple problem but it's driving me
> > crazy.  HELP!!
> > --
> > Thanks so much!

0
StepH (24)

Seperating text/Numbers
Fantastic , thanks, that has done the tric -- scottymellot ----------------------------------------------------------------------- scottymelloty's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=380 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27112 ...

Adding hyperlinks with parameters

Line & Double Stacked Charts
Good day. I am trying to get a Double stacked chart to show a line. I can get the line by creating a secondary Axis however the line isnt where I want it. It is at the top of the tallest bar. Is there any way to get the line down to a value I want it at. Basically I am trying to create a capacity chart with two products running on one machine by month. I need the line to be at a value that is straight accross being the maximum machine capacity. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks "K" wrote: > Good day. I am trying to get a Double stacked chart to show a line...

Text to Column #4
Hello, I have the following text in column A, which is one line: :! 10428712 ! NAME LASTNAME ! 20092004 ! 00458921 ! PMIAVW ! Is it possible with a VBA macro to create a column everytime there's "!" and to delete ":" Thanks for any help, You're going to have to find out what those characters are. I like Chip Pearson's addin: CellView http://www.cpearson.com/excel/CellView.htm to tell me those funny characters. Then you could use a macro to clean them up: Option Explicit Sub cleanEmUp() Dim myBadChars As Variant Dim iCtr As Lon...

ADDING A NUMBER

Count cells that Contain text
Is there a way in excel to count the number of cells in a colum tha contain a specific piece of text, e.g. "ACT" I know that I can use the countif or sumproduct functions to coun cells which *only* contain "ACT" but I need to count the number o cells in a column which countain ACT but may also contain other text a well. You can manually do it using autofilters but I need to count it using formula. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Ta And -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com =COUNTIF(Range,"*ACT*") -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private...

When adding attachments...

Area chart Disappears
Hi, i've a created graph with a combination of Line Chart & Area Chart. Everything is fine, but when I post it in my company's intranet server and somebody tries to open it, the Area Chart simply disappears and they only see the Line chart in that graph!! I tried to open from several different computers but still the same. As I mentioned, if I open it from my computer it works fine. HELP ! If you are using a PDF program to post the charts, check to make sur your title bars aren't even close to the chart area. There has to b space between them. Hope this helps -- T...

adding new records

Using Concatenate function to generate text in Text Box
I would like to have a text box on my chart, whose text is generated by concatenating the values from two different cells (B4 and B6) on a specific worksheet in my Excel file. I was able to use a reference to cell B4 to generate the text for my text box using the following formula: ='SSTyp-AllD'!$H$4 However, when I try to enter either of the following formulas for the text box text: =concatenate('SSTyp-AllD'!$H$4, 'SSTyp-AllD'!$H$6) ='SSTyp-AllD'!$H$4 & 'SSTyp-AllD'!$H$6 I get the error message "The text you entered is not a valid refe...

Save as Msg box
I have the follwowing to save as a form: Sub SaveAs() ' ChDir "V:\Netshare\Item Master Creation\2005 Item Request Submission" Do fName = Application.GetSaveAsFilename Loop Until fName <> False ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=fName, FileFormat:=xlNormal End Sub Problems: 1. It doesn't go to the directory that I have above: "V:\Netshare\Item Master Creation\2005 Item Request Submission" 2. I want to enter a message box that confirms that yes they want to save after they have entered the name in the save as box. In the Excel hlp I was just ...

print 2 or 4 charts per page in excel 2000
Hi, I have created a number of one page charts, each of which are located as seperate sheets in one excel workbook. I would now like to print 2 or 4 charts per page. However, I am unable to do so. Do you know of automated way which would allow this to be done. Your help would be appreciated. Regards, Ashish Ashish - The easiest way to do this would be to embed your charts in one or more worksheets: right click on the chart, choose Location, then pick As Object and select a sheet from the list. Then size and position them so two or four charts fit into a printed page of the workshee...

Make Outlook 2003 default to and use Large Text size in incoming HTML messages.
How can I make Make Outlook 2003 default to and use Large Text size in incoming HTML messages. -- "J. J." JDJ <jj@invalid.invalid> wrote: > How can I make Make Outlook 2003 default to and use Large Text size in > incoming HTML messages. I would think that the sender controls the text size for incoming HTML messages. -- Brian Tillman On the View Drop Down of an open message window there is a Text Size menu bar which when you mouse on it gives you 5 choices. I just want it to default to largest so I don't have to go through that with each new message I read. ...

Size e-mail box
SSBmb3JnZXQuLiB3aGVyZSBpbiBFeGNoYW5nZSAyMDAwIEkgY2FuIGNoYW5nZSBkZWZhdWx0IHNl dHRpbmcgb2YgIGVtYWlsIGJveCBzaXplID8/Pw0KDQpTa2FsYQ== Skala wrote: > I forget.. where in Exchange 2000 I can change default setting of > email box size ??? If you're going to change it for a single AD user then this is done by taking Properties of the user in Active Directory Users and Computers MMC > Exchange General tab > Storage Limits. -- Henrik Walther Exchange MVP Exchange-faq.dk MSExchange.org "Skala" <skala12345.tnij.@poczta.onet.pl> wrote: >I forget.. where in Exchan...

Adding ActiveX to dialog with wrapper

Adding alternate columns

Special Text...
How do I create the Registered symbol (R with a circle around it), within my text? Thanks, RAB_Missouri left Alt + 0174 � Otherwise, help us help you, state the meanings of "create" and "text". "RAB_Missouri" <rabmissouri@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:c9aa6a3f.0406021701.3bd1bf9d@posting.google.com... > How do I create the Registered symbol (R with a circle around it), within my text? > > Thanks, > RAB_Missouri � Alt+0174 if you enter via kbd Look at Programs/Accessories/SystemTools/CharacterMap (if u have it installed) ...

Text area rendering
I have a word template email that I have created in Word 2000 that contains a text area (white box with scroll bar to enter text into). When I send this all service providers have no problems rendering it and allowing the user to add information to the box when they reply to the message. The only issue I'm having is with Outlook 2000, and it just started today. When I choose reply in the email with the text area and double click on the text area, it moves the cursor inside of the text box like it should. Now, in the past (5 days ago) and with online providers I can then type into the box. ...

TEXT(date)?
As you know, the function =DATEVALUE("8/22/2008") produces a date from its corresponding text representation. I want to go the OTHER way. That is, I want to take a date and produce its text representation (I'll settle for any reasonable format). How might I go about doing that? Thanks, John Your answer is in your question!! try: =TEXT(TODAY(),"dd-mm-yy") or any other reasonable date-style format -- Gary's Student "JMF" wrote: > As you know, the function > > =DATEVALUE("8/22/2008") > > produces a date from its corr...

Conditional Colors for Charts #2
Hello, I have on a sheet with several graphs and I would like to execute the procedure below automatically. In advance thank you for the assistance Yves Sub ColorColumns() Dim vntValues As Variant Dim intSeries As Integer Dim intPoint As Integer With ActiveChart For intSeries = 1 To .SeriesCollection.Count With .SeriesCollection(intSeries) vntValues = .Values For intPoint = 1 To .Points.Count If vntValues(intPoint) < 60 Then ..Points(intPoint).Interior.Color = vbRed ElseIf vntValues(intPoint) >= 60 And vntValues(intPoint) < 80 Then ..Points(intPoint).Interior.Color = vbYellow E...

Adding fields from a different query