Adding Lines And Boxes, etc. To A Chart ?

Hello,

Will blame it on my age.

Using Excel 2007 (or, at least trying to) and XP.

When I have a chart page opened up, how do I get it to show the bar on the
bottom (that the real old versions had) that allows one to click on one of
its icons shown to "draw" lines, arrowed lines, boxes, add text with a box,
etc on the chart itself ?

Thanks,
Bob

0
rgsros1 (38)

Hi,

With the chart selected you can use the Insert tab > Illustrations > Shapes.
To add shapes to the chart. Textbox is in the Text group of the Insert tab.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"Robert11" <rgsros@xnotme.invalid> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> Will blame it on my age.
>
> Using Excel 2007 (or, at least trying to) and XP.
>
> When I have a chart page opened up, how do I get it to show the bar on the
> bottom (that the real old versions had) that allows one to click on one of
> its icons shown to "draw" lines, arrowed lines, boxes, add text with a
> box, etc on the chart itself ?
>
> Thanks,
> Bob

0
andy9699 (3616)
10/16/2009 3:38:17 PM
Hi,

Thank you very much for the help.

One more on this, please.

Apparently the default grid does not allow me to make a truly horiz line.

Moving the end of the line always seems to result in just a bit more than
horiz if I
move it up or down just a little.

Hard to believe the grid doesn't allow for a  true horiz line, but that
seems to be the case.
Think I'm doing anything wrong ?

How can I change the grid spacing ?

Is it possible to do a "nudge" of one end of the line ?  How ?

Thanks again, appreciate the help,
Bob
------------------

"Andy Pope" <andy@andypope.info> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> With the chart selected you can use the Insert tab > Illustrations >
> Shapes.
> To add shapes to the chart. Textbox is in the Text group of the Insert
> tab.
>
> Cheers
> Andy
>
> --
>
> Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
> http://www.andypope.info
> "Robert11" <rgsros@xnotme.invalid> wrote in message
>> Hello,
>>
>> Will blame it on my age.
>>
>> Using Excel 2007 (or, at least trying to) and XP.
>>
>> When I have a chart page opened up, how do I get it to show the bar on
>> the bottom (that the real old versions had) that allows one to click on
>> one of its icons shown to "draw" lines, arrowed lines, boxes, add text
>> with a box, etc on the chart itself ?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Bob

0
rgsros1 (38)
10/16/2009 8:05:16 PM
Hi Robert11,

Hold the Shift key down when you add a line, that will result in a
horizontal (or vertical) line.

Ed Ferrero
www.edferrero.com

0
ed9314 (42)
10/17/2009 6:18:14 AM
Hi Ed,

Nope, doesn't do it.  Line still not absolutely horiz.

What am I possibly doing wrong ?

Also, how does one call up the default grid (spacing) and change it perhaps
?
Is there a "nudge" function somewhere ?

Should have stayed with my 2003 Excel, I guess.
That vers was so simple and intuitive !

Thanks again for help; appreciate it,
Bob

----------------
"Ed Ferrero" <ed@edferrero.com> wrote in message
> Hi Robert11,
>
> Hold the Shift key down when you add a line, that will result in a
> horizontal (or vertical) line.
>
> Ed Ferrero
> www.edferrero.com

0
rgsros1 (38)
10/17/2009 11:57:31 AM
Hi,

Finally got it.

Thanks for all the help.

Bob
----------------------------

> Hi Ed,
>
> Nope, doesn't do it.  Line still not absolutely horiz.
>
> What am I possibly doing wrong ?
>
> Also, how does one call up the default grid (spacing) and change it
> perhaps ?
> Is there a "nudge" function somewhere ?
>
> Should have stayed with my 2003 Excel, I guess.
> That vers was so simple and intuitive !
>
> Thanks again for help; appreciate it,
> Bob
>
> ----------------
> "Ed Ferrero" <ed@edferrero.com> wrote in message
>> Hi Robert11,
>>
>> Hold the Shift key down when you add a line, that will result in a
>> horizontal (or vertical) line.
>>
>> Ed Ferrero
>> www.edferrero.com

0
rgsros1 (38)

combo box selection overwrite issue
We have a combo box on a form. When you start typing i auto populates with the closest record and keeps it highlighted so if you keep typing it keeps pulling the next closest. It works fine with all records except one. if you type in Ho it comes up with the closeest records to that but instead of keeping it highlighted so you can type over it changes to insert typing and anything you type just goes after the Ho but all the other text it auto populated is still there. So if you want to select any other record that start with Ho you have to scroll through the list. I haev looked at...

Removing spaces at start of line
Hi, Is there a way to remove spaces at the beginning of lines in a Word 2007 doc? I don't want to remove the spaces between the words, just at the beginning of each line. Thanks! Select the text. Set justification to centered and then set justification back to left. Jill wrote: > Hi, > > Is there a way to remove spaces at the beginning of lines in a Word > 2007 doc? I don't want to remove the spaces between the words, just > at the beginning of each line. > > Thanks! If you have spaces at the beginning of a line, it probably means...

Adding hyperlinks with parameters

Line & Double Stacked Charts
Good day. I am trying to get a Double stacked chart to show a line. I can get the line by creating a secondary Axis however the line isnt where I want it. It is at the top of the tallest bar. Is there any way to get the line down to a value I want it at. Basically I am trying to create a capacity chart with two products running on one machine by month. I need the line to be at a value that is straight accross being the maximum machine capacity. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks "K" wrote: > Good day. I am trying to get a Double stacked chart to show a line...

Simple? pie chart
Hi I have data like this customer food service ---------------------------- john excellent good mary excellent excellent david fair fair diane good good jim poor fair I want to create one pie chart for food (and one for service) that hows what % of customer rated the food (service, resp.) as excellent/good/fair/poor. Seems pretty simple, but naturally it's not. Set up a table with the ratings in the firs column, and the categories across the top: Food Service poor fair good excellent In the first cell under food (G2 in thi...

pop-up form/message box problem
I have a main form where records are entered; in one field users select from a list of citations, if they type something that's not on the list, a message box pops up asking if they'd like to add the new citation, when they click "yes" the pop-up form where they enter the citation information opens, no problem. HOWEVER, if they close the pop-up form without entering any data the default Access message " The text you entered isn't an item in the list." appears. How do I prevent that from happening? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmon...

ADDING A NUMBER

Using Concatenate function to generate text in Text Box
I would like to have a text box on my chart, whose text is generated by concatenating the values from two different cells (B4 and B6) on a specific worksheet in my Excel file. I was able to use a reference to cell B4 to generate the text for my text box using the following formula: ='SSTyp-AllD'!$H$4 However, when I try to enter either of the following formulas for the text box text: =concatenate('SSTyp-AllD'!$H$4, 'SSTyp-AllD'!$H$6) ='SSTyp-AllD'!$H$4 & 'SSTyp-AllD'!$H$6 I get the error message "The text you entered is not a valid refe...

adding new records

Save as Msg box
I have the follwowing to save as a form: Sub SaveAs() ' ChDir "V:\Netshare\Item Master Creation\2005 Item Request Submission" Do fName = Application.GetSaveAsFilename Loop Until fName <> False ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=fName, FileFormat:=xlNormal End Sub Problems: 1. It doesn't go to the directory that I have above: "V:\Netshare\Item Master Creation\2005 Item Request Submission" 2. I want to enter a message box that confirms that yes they want to save after they have entered the name in the save as box. In the Excel hlp I was just ...

Area chart Disappears
Hi, i've a created graph with a combination of Line Chart & Area Chart. Everything is fine, but when I post it in my company's intranet server and somebody tries to open it, the Area Chart simply disappears and they only see the Line chart in that graph!! I tried to open from several different computers but still the same. As I mentioned, if I open it from my computer it works fine. HELP ! If you are using a PDF program to post the charts, check to make sur your title bars aren't even close to the chart area. There has to b space between them. Hope this helps -- T...

When adding attachments...

print 2 or 4 charts per page in excel 2000
Hi, I have created a number of one page charts, each of which are located as seperate sheets in one excel workbook. I would now like to print 2 or 4 charts per page. However, I am unable to do so. Do you know of automated way which would allow this to be done. Your help would be appreciated. Regards, Ashish Ashish - The easiest way to do this would be to embed your charts in one or more worksheets: right click on the chart, choose Location, then pick As Object and select a sheet from the list. Then size and position them so two or four charts fit into a printed page of the workshee...

Adding ActiveX to dialog with wrapper

Size e-mail box
SSBmb3JnZXQuLiB3aGVyZSBpbiBFeGNoYW5nZSAyMDAwIEkgY2FuIGNoYW5nZSBkZWZhdWx0IHNl dHRpbmcgb2YgIGVtYWlsIGJveCBzaXplID8/Pw0KDQpTa2FsYQ== Skala wrote: > I forget.. where in Exchange 2000 I can change default setting of > email box size ??? If you're going to change it for a single AD user then this is done by taking Properties of the user in Active Directory Users and Computers MMC > Exchange General tab > Storage Limits. -- Henrik Walther Exchange MVP Exchange-faq.dk MSExchange.org "Skala" <skala12345.tnij.@poczta.onet.pl> wrote: >I forget.. where in Exchan...

Adding alternate columns

Conditional Colors for Charts #2
Hello, I have on a sheet with several graphs and I would like to execute the procedure below automatically. In advance thank you for the assistance Yves Sub ColorColumns() Dim vntValues As Variant Dim intSeries As Integer Dim intPoint As Integer With ActiveChart For intSeries = 1 To .SeriesCollection.Count With .SeriesCollection(intSeries) vntValues = .Values For intPoint = 1 To .Points.Count If vntValues(intPoint) < 60 Then ..Points(intPoint).Interior.Color = vbRed ElseIf vntValues(intPoint) >= 60 And vntValues(intPoint) < 80 Then ..Points(intPoint).Interior.Color = vbYellow E...

Adding fields from a different query

Reposition comment boxes in 2000
With Excel 2000, is it possible to reposition comment boxes? I know I can drag them whilsediting, but that only affects where they appear during editing. Can I change the position they are displayed when I just hover over the cell? ...

Change default font for text boxes in Publisher
Is there any way to change the default font for text boxes in Microsoft Publisher fo all publications? Setting Text Defaults using Normal.pub by Brian Kvalheim http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/normal.pub -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "JennyN" <JennyN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:927C7AFC-F92D-419F-B49E-DA5B444956E1@microsoft.com... > Is there any way to change the default font for text boxes in Microsoft...